HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers or Right Handed Shutdown Dman to Detroit

Old
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Volchenkov has been playing the right side most of his career and Tallinder looks as good on the right side then he does on the left.

Anyways, the Devils will most probably swing a deal cause we have 8 d-men under contract ATM who can all play at the NHL level (Salvador, Tallinder, Zidlicky, Larsson, Volchenkov, Greene, Fayne and Harrold) and we're real thin up front.
How about...

Kovalchuk and Volchenkov

for

Franzen, Cleary, Nyquist, McCollum, Anything else wanted???, 2013 1st Rounder?

Edit: Maybe the Wings work out something that would send Ericsson to St. Louis and St. Louis could send Chris Stewart or one of their excess top six forwards to New Jersey.

Last edited by JmanWingsFan: 01-07-2013 at 01:39 PM.
JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I'd love that so much... But with cap compliance buyouts and FA departures, Montreal could easily match just about anything.
Unless the Red Wings would then offer-sheet Subban for $7.5M+, which isn't happening.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:04 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Buffalo is a young, growing team. There is no way in hell we trade Myers for Datsyuk, and that is not putting Pavel down since he is probably the most skilled player in the league. It is just not the direction this team is heading in at all.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:05 PM
DJN21

Itd take something in the form of a massive overpayment for me to move Myers(yeah that hasnt been heard a million times), for the sake of answering the OP I'd be asking for some combo of the following(with your hands-off list containing other interesting pieces):

Smith (Myers replacement)
Helm (3rd line center buffalo desperately needs)
Sheahan(while his price is low)
Jurco (because the thought of Armia,Grigorenko and Jurco is nutty)
Fippula (great depth scoring anywhere from lines 1-3 and the only proven piece besides Helm obviously)

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:17 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Itd take something in the form of a massive overpayment for me to move Myers(yeah that hasnt been heard a million times), for the sake of answering the OP I'd be asking for some combo of the following(with your hands-off list containing other interesting pieces):

Smith (Myers replacement)
Helm (3rd line center buffalo desperately needs)
Sheahan(while his price is low)
Jurco (because the thought of Armia,Grigorenko and Jurco is nutty)
Fippula (great depth scoring anywhere from lines 1-3 and the only proven piece besides Helm obviously)
Smith+Helm would be considered (maybe we throw in a midrange prospect)
Smith+Filppula would be considered (maybe we throw in a midrange prospect)

Smith: Extremely valuable player because of age, skill, experience, and pedigree. 2 firsts. (this will be obvious to everyone within 2 months)
Filppula: Hard to gauge value because his contract is almost up. I tend to Think 1st +3rd.
Helm is worth a low first (hes probably really worth a high 2nd but he is so overvalued and hyped realistically he would only be moved for a 1st).
Sheahan not trading for low value so forget it. He is worth a mid 1st round pick to Detroit. We wont trade him for less because of size and upside-- he is better than his stats indicate (and finally is scoring like a madman in the AHL the last 3 weeks).
Jurco could be had but approximately a 1st round pick for him. (stock is starting to fall)

Myers is not worth approximately Six 1sts in assets (and most of detroit's trade-able assets).

If you ask me Myers is worth about three 1st round picks. Maybe Buffalo would hold out for four. Sproul is not off the table in fact I would perfer you take him over Smith.

Sproul, Filppula, Jurco, 2nd/3rd would be a price I could live with.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Wingsfan2965*

First off, Detroit isn't looking for a top pairing defender, Detroit FANS are looking for one.

Secondly, a top pair defender on the trade market is gonna cost way more than any of us want Holland to pay. It's not happening, so I don't know why people keep suggesting it.

Biggest reason it's gonna happen is buyouts. Don't be surprised if Detroit guns for Bouwmeester, Kaberle, or Martin if and when their respective teams buy them out.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
sfoote

Hopefully Myers will be a Sabre for life,or at least for a long time anyway.He plays 30 minutes+ every game and I think he hasn't come close( ok,maybe a little close,but I think he can still improve) to reaching his full potential.

sfoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
umbertovanek

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post

Smith: Extremely valuable player because of age, skill, experience, and pedigree. 2 firsts. (this will be obvious to everyone within 2 months)
Filppula: Hard to gauge value because his contract is almost up. I tend to Think 1st +3rd.
Helm is worth a low first (hes probably really worth a high 2nd but he is so overvalued and hyped realistically he would only be moved for a 1st).
Sheahan not trading for low value so forget it. He is worth a mid 1st round pick to Detroit. We wont trade him for less because of size and upside-- he is better than his stats indicate (and finally is scoring like a madman in the AHL the last 3 weeks).
Jurco could be had but approximately a 1st round pick for him. (stock is starting to fall)

Myers is not worth approximately Six 1sts in assets (and most of detroit's trade-able assets).

If you ask me Myers is worth about three 1st round picks. Maybe Buffalo would hold out for four. Sproul is not off the table in fact I would perfer you take him over Smith.

You see, the real problem is that Buffalo has no reason to trade Myers. Just to give you an idea of what his value is to the organization: His contract got extended pretty much at the same time as Tavares' at almost the same terms. Whether he is there valuewise right now or not is a different question, but this is the neighbourhood, in which Myers is considered to be.

So even if Detroit was crazy enough to offer all those pieces, it's still doubtful whether a deal would get done, mainly because Buffalo would end up with a lot of what they already have (except for Filppula and Helm) in addition to a big hole on the first pairing.

Players like Myers, if ever, usually only get traded in a one for one trade, where both players involved are roughly on the same tier age and value-wise.

In all likelihood the Buffalo poster just wanted to illustrate that Myers has sky-high value to the Sabres.

umbertovanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:

He's panning out nicely... He's still not anywhere near being worth a first rounder. Scoring line potential... Still nowhere near reaching it yet.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:25 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Sounds like you guys could use Brad Stuart.

inb4 the "Stuart was horrible down the stretch and I wouldn't take him for free" stuff.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
dookie88

Isn't Kulikov a RFA right now?
Would be a perfect fit in Detroit.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:52 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post

He's panning out nicely... He's still not anywhere near being worth a first rounder. Scoring line potential... Still nowhere near reaching it yet.
You might be right. He was a 35th pick. He has extreme upside but pretty large question marks. I can see him being worth anywhere from a 3rd to 1st. He is having a lousy first year pro which does not really help him. He was considered a draft steal last couple years. Pure scorers are high risk but valuable if they turn out. He is developing reasonably well.

When it comes down to it I am not sure I would trade him for the 35th pick in the next draft. Would you? If the answer is no hes worth a first rounder.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:15 PM
DJN21

Quote:

I didnt say all of them I said a combo working around them and I think its impossible to gauge a player's value based on "theyd be worth approximately x amount of 1st round picks". If you think Smith is worth 2 1sts theres no way Myers is only worth 3...? Jurco and Sheahan have so many question marks surrounding them right now gauging their value is tough let alone on a 1st rounder scale and if Gaustad is worth a 1st I guess Helm is but thats also comparing deadline values so..idk? Real tough to gauge value here and its tough to believe Darcy moves Myers for anything...if Im armchair Gm though Im looking for an overwhelming package such as the one I stated...is it fair? Prolly not but then again I wouldnt be looking to trade my 22 year old calder winning 6'7 franchise defenseman..

Old
01-07-2013, 05:58 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
I didnt say all of them I said a combo working around them and I think its impossible to gauge a player's value based on "theyd be worth approximately x amount of 1st round picks". If you think Smith is worth 2 1sts theres no way Myers is only worth 3...? Jurco and Sheahan have so many question marks surrounding them right now gauging their value is tough let alone on a 1st rounder scale and if Gaustad is worth a 1st I guess Helm is but thats also comparing deadline values so..idk? Real tough to gauge value here and its tough to believe Darcy moves Myers for anything...if Im armchair Gm though Im looking for an overwhelming package such as the one I stated...is it fair? Prolly not but then again I wouldnt be looking to trade my 22 year old calder winning 6'7 franchise defenseman..
Your right. I misread your post at first. Thought you wanted all of them. Forgot to edit the last sentence. Well tbh what is a 1st worth? Depends on the year depends on high the first is. I just using it as a mythical benchmark.

Consider the 20th first round pick to be roughly worth Darren Helm or Sheahan (sure they are both debatable but I'm comfortable with their value right around there). I think Tyler Meyers is worth 3 maybe 4 20th first round picks in an average draft. I think Smith is worth 1.5 to 2. (I consider Smith to be worth similar to McDonagh (though you can argue that forever)).

Old
01-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Nyquist

Trading for one is just going to hurt us more than help us. I'd rather just keep Smith, Sproul, and all other good prospects. Then hope a team has to deal a guy/watch him leave.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Your right. I misread your post at first. Thought you wanted all of them. Forgot to edit the last sentence. Well tbh what is a 1st worth? Depends on the year depends on high the first is. I just using it as a mythical benchmark.

Consider the 20th first round pick to be roughly worth Darren Helm or Sheahan (sure they are both debatable but I'm comfortable with their value right around there). I think Tyler Meyers is worth 3 maybe 4 20th first round picks in an average draft. I think Smith is worth 1.5 to 2. (I consider Smith to be worth similar to McDonagh (though you can argue that forever)).
Smith has nowhere near enough experience at the nhl level for me to attach that great of value to him yet-its all just opinion really. I would never compare Myers to Lidstrom but is getting your next 20 years of a franchise defenseman worth that 5 1st value to you guys as an organization? Especially considering you did it without giving up any huge roster pieces, nyquist, tatar,pulk,sproul, jankronk etc??? Its not as if that trade would deplete your farm and you'd get at least what 10 years of Myers control?

Old
01-07-2013, 06:50 PM
probertrules24

I agree I can't see a reason why Buffalo would move a guy like Myers.

What are the chances Buffalo would trade somebody like Regehr. He will be a UFA next year and will be 33. He's not a RH shot but would play the type of role Stuart did for the Wings.

Would something like this work:

Regehr

Quincy + Miller/Mursak

Draft picks can be added to even it out or prospects not sure.

probertrules24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:13 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Sounds like you guys could use Brad Stuart.

inb4 the "Stuart was horrible down the stretch and I wouldn't take him for free" stuff.
Well he was, in fact not down the stretch save for about a ten game stretch in the fall, he was horrible all year. I hope he bounces back he had some good years in Detroit, but last year really was dreadful. Maybe being home with his family will be just what he needs, I thank him for what he brought the other years and the effort and I wish him luck in San Jose. But we don't need to pretend he was great to make San Jose fans feel better and this isn't something that popped up just when he left, that was a year long theme of frustration with Wings fans. Many glad to see him go, I honestly thought knowing he wanted San Jose the Wings should have pushed to trade him in season for Douglas Murray who was having a similar train wreck season last year and hope for a change of scenary deal with both.

On the Myers thing, he would be flat out too expensive. I understand his value to Buffalo is high and his potential is great, the cost is going to be more than anybody really wants to swallow. Probably most importantly more than Ken Holland wants to stomach.

Detroit doesn't have maybe the front line guys but they believe they have a very solid D-core. Some don't but the management and coaching staff does. They don't think the sky is falling or they would have paid through the nose for Yandle or Jay Bo. They would pursue Del Zotto or Subban. They don't seem that upset, they seem to believe that Kindl and Smith two former first rounders are a little better than most think. Ericsson has grown and had a big second half and the other three players that have all played first pairing roles at times in their career will be fine. Defense by committee, we will see if it works out but they do have cover from some of the best two way forwards in the game.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Sekera would be a fantastic fit for the Wings. Top-4 all-around defenseman in his prime that can skate the puck and play solid defense. He's also coming off a strong showing at the WC. Last year, people thought Sekera for Filppula would be a fair swap. Obviously Filppula went on to have his best offensive season yet, which took his stock up considerably. So it would take a bit more from Buff now, but I still think that's the kind of trade that both teams would benefit from considerably.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
jphizzleruzbizzle*

mmm let me take a shot in the dark.
Brendan smith and ian white for erik johnson and a 2014 3rd? he would solve your top 4 dman right hended problems but it would also hurt detroits depth. what do you think?
(keep in mind this is a shot in the dark lol)

jphizzleruzbizzle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:30 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Well he was, in fact not down the stretch save for about a ten game stretch in the fall, he was horrible all year. I hope he bounces back he had some good years in Detroit, but last year really was dreadful. Maybe being home with his family will be just what he needs, I thank him for what he brought the other years and the effort and I wish him luck in San Jose. But we don't need to pretend he was great to make San Jose fans feel better and this isn't something that popped up just when he left, that was a year long theme of frustration with Wings fans. Many glad to see him go, I honestly thought knowing he wanted San Jose the Wings should have pushed to trade him in season for Douglas Murray who was having a similar train wreck season last year and hope for a change of scenary deal with both.
Hey man, it was a joke. I also don't expect to have Stuart be a real top-4 guy. I expect a 4-5 guy who's better than Murray.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:44 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Sekera would be a fantastic fit for the Wings. Top-4 all-around defenseman in his prime that can skate the puck and play solid defense. He's also coming off a strong showing at the WC. Last year, people thought Sekera for Filppula would be a fair swap. Obviously Filppula went on to have his best offensive season yet, which took his stock up considerably. So it would take a bit more from Buff now, but I still think that's the kind of trade that both teams would benefit from considerably.
Filppula is also a UFA after this season and he is going to get a big raise. If Buffalo is the team that wants do it and the Wings don't like the numbers they are hearing from his agent then it would be wise to consider this move.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Filppula is also a UFA after this season and he is going to get a big raise. If Buffalo is the team that wants do it and the Wings don't like the numbers they are hearing from his agent then it would be wise to consider this move.
Sekera is under-appreciated and it seems and he means more to us than any other team. We would be expecting a big return that not a lot of teams would give up.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:22 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Sekera is under-appreciated and it seems and he means more to us than any other team. We would be expecting a big return that not a lot of teams would give up.
He is very valuable to our team, yes, but with our glut of defensemen, I would definitely move him for a forward. I would definitely add (a little) to get Filpulla.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Punkeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
To some fans it would make sense to trade him now when his value is still high but I don't think Holland will ever trade him. He just doesn't work that way. He will wait until the day his contract is up and shake his hand while he's thanking him for everything he has done for the Wings.

Would something around:

Filppula + Tatar + Ouellet + 1st

Myers

I can't see them trading him but would this be close to fair value.
Can't speak for the Wings or Sabres fans but your offer is somewhat decent. That first pick would have to be 2013 and since Filppula is going UFA, I guess a conditional pick maybe if he doesn't resign in Buffalo? Anyway, not a bad offer IMO

Last edited by Punkeater: 01-07-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: added something
Punkeater is offline   Reply With Quote