HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton + Pittsburgh

Old
01-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
That also means less room for error. If the Pens use a couple of kids on the blue and Niskanen in the top and they struggle/don't adapt themselves to their new roles, there's not much time to straighten things out.

And I don't see how Hemsky playing with Malkin and Neal would do anything to keep him health. Combining the Pens' and Hemsky's luck, yeesh. He'll get off the plane and get hit by a bus full of killer bees that's driven by a bear that will get out and maul him. Byslma will say he's day to day.
For me and a 48 game season, what the hell, it's not like it can get worse from here/last year.

Focus would be on those two keeping the heat off of him, but I'm laughing pretty hard at your Bear/bee scenario. I wouldn't bet the house it wouldn't happen.

I just don't see it as a very bad trade off for each. We know he's out of here at some point. Now/later it's all good.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovin View Post
If Pitts had drafted Forsberg, there'd be no need for this thread
Don't go there, that bee's nest will turn in your direction.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:50 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Don't go there, that bee's nest will turn in your direction.
Just to clarify, because they're bitter or because they like Pouliot?

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Pääjärvi is the only one that interests me and that has more to do with the pens board's fascination with diaeresis and the umlaut.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I don't think any of the fans are bitter. A lot defend the pick and some are adamant that we should have taken Forsberg or Grigs or someone else. It's a mixed bag of opinions.

It's really not unusual though. A high pick like that will always be highly debated by a fan base. Jordan Staal was a good player for us but some people never let go of the fact that they drafted him over Toews and a few others.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Both, some are bitter, (me included) and some are content with Pouliot.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Oilers' fan:
I overvalue my prospects and players and undervalue yours. Tell you what, I will package a whole lot of crap for one of your top prospects. You have your pick of aging overpriced vets we would love to get rid of or unproven prospects who likely will never amount to anything. Sound good?

Pens' fan:
I overvalue my prospects and players and undervalue yours. Tell you what, I will package a whole lot of crap for one of your top prospects. You have your pick of aging overpriced vets we would love to get rid of or unproven prospects who likely will never amount to anything. Sound good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Posts like this make me wish we had the ability to 'like' a post.
both of these posts are completely unnecessary in this thread as it has been civil with both sides bringing up valid points.
Edmonton really isn't that deep on prospects past the next two seasons. Eberle, Hall, and I guess Yakupov are the only sure things.
I'm sure an unbiased Penguins fan doesn't believe that all of their D prospects are sure things. If I had a dollar for every time I read that on here though..... Ka ching!

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
both of these posts are completely unnecessary in this thread as it has been civil with both sides bringing up valid points.
Edmonton really isn't that deep on prospects past the next two seasons. Eberle, Hall, and I guess Yakupov are the only sure things.
I'm sure an unbiased Penguins fan doesn't believe that all of their D prospects are sure things. If I had a dollar for every time I read that on here though..... Ka ching!
Now that you mention it, I am beginning to worry that Carl Sneep might not be everything we'd hoped for.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Danglesonice66

How about Latang for Eberle?

My reasons-

A. I really like Eberle
B. I think the Pens have a lot of untapped potential on D with veterans who can play better and prospects.

Last edited by Danglesonice66: 01-07-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Danglesonice66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglesonice66 View Post
Done.

You can't have Letang though.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Pigs On The Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
I'm not going to lie i think Hemsky for Martin is very unfair. Both are coming off down seasons. But Hemsky before this last year was a 1st line winger who's ppg average since the lockout ranked in the top 15 for wingers at .93 iirc. That number is much better than most people realize as the next guy down the list is Rick Nash. Now i don't think Hemsky's value is equal to Nash but i do think it shows he has a very long and established track record of being a 1st liner. Martinn had been good for some time but he's never been a premier player like Hemsky, and realisticly is an ideal 2nd pairing guy. I'd rather see how Hemsky bounces back, it certainly wasn't that shocking that he had a down year last season.
And before this last year Martin was an integral part of our team that made the playoffs with all of our offensive firepower injured, and before that he was a top defenseman for years in Jersey.

Pigs On The Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definition View Post
And before this last year Martin was an integral part of our team that made the playoffs with all of our offensive firepower injured, and before that he was a top defenseman for years in Jersey.
Yeah a top 4 defenseman. Martin as a #2 is reasonable but the fact is he has never been the caliber of player that Ales Hemsky was for a longtime (and may still be). If you for one second believe that 2010-11 and earlier Martin is anywhere close to 2010-11 and earlier Hemsky then i don't know what to tell you.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:07 PM
SDig14

I think the Oilers are looking for a proven top 4 guy, and if at all possible a proven #2.

we have a few untouchable players, and not a ton of other guys with a lot of value, so it makes it difficult to find a deal with Pittsburgh.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:09 PM
SDig14

Also, the rumour is we would be looking for a LHS D, so Martin I suppose would fit if he can get his game on track.

My worry is we play a very fast pace, are his feet slowing quite a bit these days?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Lion

Quote:

My reasons-

A. I really like Eberle
B. I think the Pens have a lot of untapped potential on with veterans who can play better and prospects.
Eberle on Crosby's wing is a 50 goal scorer for sure. They both have elite level hockey sense and think the same way.

Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:20 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Hemsky for Martin is the one that makes the most sense.

No one's prospects even need involved. You may not like Martin for his past season, but when he's counted on for just being defensively sound he's there. You can't push him for offense. This happen quite a lot last year and his defensive game suffered from it. I'd peg them as pretty equal value. I doubt you'll get much more for each alone without more being added.

If you want to add something very little to satisfy your disdain for him, we could always add a 5th rounder to get it done.
LOL>...no we will take our chances with hemmer....Horcoff for Martin....Maybe something could happen there.

OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:23 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Quote:

My reasons-

A. I really like Eberle
B. I think the Pens have a lot of untapped potential on with veterans who can play better and prospects.
This is your flamer account....19 posts...Im sure they are all great posts. Lets be very clear....EBERLE HALL RNH SCHULTZ YAKS are untouchable. End thread.

OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:24 PM
rockinghockey

Eberle is not getting traded, Yak would be the only on because he is not established with the team yet. I would take Martin but I am not going to give much up for him. He is over paid for what he brings.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:09 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Also, the rumour is we would be looking for a LHS D, so Martin I suppose would fit if he can get his game on track.

My worry is we play a very fast pace, are his feet slowing quite a bit these days?
They have Smid, N.Schultz, Whitney, Sutton, and Peckham which all are LHS, you think with this lot they would be looking for a RHS. Then you have Klefbom, Marincin, Musil, and Gernat as prospects, that are all LHS. The Oilers are loaded with LHS why would they want a over paid one. Is Martin that much of a upgrade to trade for him, no, so why wast the talent for a player you already have.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Danglesonice66

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilChuck View Post
This is your flamer account....19 posts...Im sure they are all great posts. Lets be very clear....EBERLE HALL RNH SCHULTZ YAKS are untouchable. End thread.
I don't think I'd want to trade Latang for any of these guys but Eberle.

Danglesonice66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:58 PM
SEALBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Eberle is not getting traded, Yak would be the only on because he is not established with the team yet. I would take Martin but I am not going to give much up for him. He is over paid for what he brings.
So it's settled then: Yak for Martin.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:07 PM
zeus3007*

Any interesting centermen available? Prospects obviously, we all know who lines up there in Pittsburgh, lol.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:31 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
The only players I'd want out of the Penguins are guys with very high price tags. Not interested in your young kids because we've got similar options in our system who're just as far in their development.

I'm not looking for a Ferrari or a Hummer. I'm looking for a Volvo or a Jeep.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:55 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
They have Smid, N.Schultz, Whitney, Sutton, and Peckham which all are LHS, you think with this lot they would be looking for a RHS. Then you have Klefbom, Marincin, Musil, and Gernat as prospects, that are all LHS. The Oilers are loaded with LHS why would they want a over paid one. Is Martin that much of a upgrade to trade for him, no, so why wast the talent for a player you already have.
Well, Stauffer suggested a LHS for a potential top pairing guy. Smid is a solid 2nd pairing guy, Sutton may never play again, Schultz is a 4-5 guy, and the rest are prospects.

Whitney is definitely the wild card, and is a top pairing guy when healthy, but I think Bobs assumption was that Whitney was potentially either not sticking around or not going to get his game back.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

A deal around Hemsky and Orpik makes sense to me.

I think the Oilers would add.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote