HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

Old
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

vCash: 500
Justin Williams on Lakers 710 later at 1:30.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Yes, plus they get 8-10 hours of prep time instead of 2.

The Lakers maybe, but the Clippers are playing the Wizards (you probably aren't a basketball fan so i'll just say it, they're awful) that day. Now if it were a nationally televised game against the Knicks, Heat, OKC etc., you might be right.

Heh, the Kings don't have to worry about the Lakers on Saturdays since they (Lakers) never play Saturday home games anyway.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:06 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Yes, plus they get 8-10 hours of prep time instead of 2.

The Lakers maybe, but the Clippers are playing the Wizards (you probably aren't a basketball fan so i'll just say it, they're awful) that day. Now if it were a nationally televised game against the Knicks, Heat, OKC etc., you might be right.
Peeps are saying they're hearing Saturday at noon from their ticket reps.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
Peeps are saying they're hearing Saturday at noon from their ticket reps.
Wouldn't surprise me.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:53 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Why does everyone complain about afternoon games? I ****ing hate Saturday night games.
I don't like them because we play like trash and lose and it makes me pissed for the rest of the day

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Pure gold.

"I think part of his game is he’s over aggressive at times, which I like. We’ll tame that. I’d rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:35 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Pure gold.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:37 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Pure gold.

Win!

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:41 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
Pure gold.

Play of the day

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
#Isles news: L. Visnovsky has decided to stay in Slovakia for the rest of the season, via his agent. Statement to come.
WOW. How the hell did he convince Snow to let him stay in Slovakia? That is amazing. The Islanders need him bad. I can't believe they just let him go. That's probably it for Lubo in the NHL.

His recent interview: http://translate.google.com/translat...e.html&act=url

What do you need?

"Approval from the Islanders. My agent is negotiating with the islanders' general manager Garth Snow. In New York, they are not thrilled with my attitude. "

And if the Islanders insist that you come to camp and played NHL?

"So I will have to pack up and fly to America. Treaty must be respected. "

*UPDATE*:

Quote:
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
#Isles news: L. Visnovsky has decided to stay in Slovakia for the rest of the season, via his agent. Statement to come.

Statement from L. Visnovsky: "I have decided to stay and continue my career in the KHL for the remainder of the 2012-13 season...

"I am thankful to the #Isles for being so good to me. My decision not to play in the NHL is due to family and personal reasons...

"I have made no decisions on next season. My focus now is on Slovan Bratislava, and enjoying my family in my home country."

Neil Sheehy, Visnovsky's agent, reiterates his client is not upset with #Isles. "The situation would have been the same with any NHL team."
This is going to turn into a **** storm.

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
NHL says it's been assured KHL won't let players with valid NHL deals play in KHL. Guess that "assurance" will be put to test. #visnovsky

Last edited by Telos: 01-07-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 06:33 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Don't know if anybody reads/listens to the work of "the mayor" but he is doing a live podcast at 7pm PST tonight with guests such as Daryl Evans, Bob Miller and others. I assume you'll be able to find the podcast the link below.

http://mayorsmanor.com/

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Mayors Manor, I just know that I am desperate for hockey talk on the west coast, and i'm sure some of you are too.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:00 PM
br3ds0x

*edit. Nevermind

Last edited by br3ds0x: 01-07-2013 at 08:09 PM.
br3ds0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
WOW. How the hell did he convince Snow to let him stay in Slovakia? That is amazing. The Islanders need him bad. I can't believe they just let him go. That's probably it for Lubo in the NHL.

His recent interview: http://translate.google.com/translat...e.html&act=url

What do you need?

"Approval from the Islanders. My agent is negotiating with the islanders' general manager Garth Snow. In New York, they are not thrilled with my attitude. "

And if the Islanders insist that you come to camp and played NHL?

"So I will have to pack up and fly to America. Treaty must be respected. "

*UPDATE*:

This is going to turn into a **** storm.
Yeah, that whole thing is getting crazy...I've never truly forgiven Lombardi for the way he treated Visnovsky, I mean the Stanley Cup is absolutely fantastic and all, but you just can't treat people like that, pisses me off to this day.

I get that Isles fans are upset, but seeing as how Visnovsky first acknowledged that if Islanders forced it he would return to NA, then said he could stay, what other explanation is there other than it was indicated to him that the Islanders had given permission? Perhaps there was a miscommunication, but I see no other logical explanation...

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Johnny Utah

I don't know why the Ducks traded him...Because of Fowler's emergence? Vish had a great 1st year in Anaheim.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I don't know why the Ducks traded him...Because of Fowler's emergence? Vish had a great 1st year in Anaheim.
I heard it was all about freeing up cap space.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Don't know if anybody reads/listens to the work of "the mayor" but he is doing a live podcast at 7pm PST tonight with guests such as Daryl Evans, Bob Miller and others. I assume you'll be able to find the podcast the link below.

http://mayorsmanor.com/

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Mayors Manor, I just know that I am desperate for hockey talk on the west coast, and i'm sure some of you are too.
Miller is really lighting it up. Pretty awesome interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
The Ducks are poor now. They have worry about whether they are going to keep Getzlaf and/or Perry now. They also have to pay Fowler his money after the season.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Miller is really lighting it up. Pretty awesome interview.

The Ducks are poor now. They have worry about whether they are going to keep Getzlaf and/or Perry now. They also have to pay Fowler his money after the season.
They locked Fowler in at $4M per starting next year, but they have 3 pretty awful deals for D-Men, Bryan Allen, Beauchemin and Souray, over $10M each of the next 3 years.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
They locked Fowler in at $4M per starting next year, but they have 3 pretty awful deals for D-Men, Bryan Allen, Beauchemin and Souray, over $10M each of the next 3 years.
Exactly, they have to pay him his new contract, which replaces Visnovsky's. They are shrinking. I think they might part with one or both of Getzlaf and Perry and rebuild.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Ryan Getzlaf ain't getting a huge payday if he continues to decline. I honestly think he's already peaked a few years ago.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Kings4thecup

Quote:
Ryan Getzlaf ain't getting a huge payday if he continues to decline. I honestly think he's already peaked a few years ago.
Someone will pay Getzlaf his money, but probably not the Ducks. If I had the choice between Getzlaf and Perry, I'd take Perry.

Kings4thecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

I wonder who AEG hired to replace David Courtney. But I do hope that come Opening Night, they'll use his recorded voice to announce the starting lineups for the Kings just like what the Clippers did in their first game since his death.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Quattro

Quote:
agree - he's always been overrated. Perry is a miserable ***** but he's a better player.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Rod Buskas*

I agree with the sentiment that Loktionov should get the 1st line C role. We need to pump his value and what better way to do it than a couple of of grizzled vets in Brown & Williams. And if he's still beyond horrible, THEN we split up Richards & Carter.

Westgarth has no place on this team. Remember when we, as Kings fans, use to talk about how the Wings didn't need to dress an enforcer because they were an upper echelon team. Well, we're at that stage right now. We have enough team grit, we don't need an enforcer.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
I agree with the sentiment that Loktionov should get the 1st line C role. We need to pump his value and what better way to do it than a couple of of grizzled vets in Brown & Williams. And if he's still beyond horrible, THEN we split up Richards & Carter.

Westgarth has no place on this team. Remember when we, as Kings fans, use to talk about how the Wings didn't need to dress an enforcer because they were an upper echelon team. Well, we're at that stage right now. We have enough team grit, we don't need an enforcer.
Loktionov shouldn't be handed the first line center job. The Kings have better options than that.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
I can almost guarantee it will be the 19th, their has been talk that they may shift the Clippers game to a day game.

My dad is good friends with one of the event coordinators, and this has been discussed for well over a week. Which explains my confidence that a deal would get done.

EDIT: Just re-read the e-mail I got, and the 1/19 start is contingent on a 48 game schedule, so if it's 50, we could see the 16th.
oh god I hope you're right. i work saturday morning and I wanna see it live. And it's just better if it's at night, feels like a bigger event, as it should be.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote