HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Inevitable Keith Ballard to NYI thread

Old
01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
caley

vCash: 500
One wrinkle that already may be ironed out, is a lot of folks feel part of the reason the Isles acquired Visnovsky is for his big cap hit (and lower pay) to reach the cap floor. But, per Brian Lawton, it looks like teams won't be able to hide cap hits for players under contract playing in the AHL OR Europe. So, unless the Isles suspend Visnovsky (if he stays in the KHL), they might still be able to count some of his salary toward the cap floor.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:12 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
One wrinkle that already may be ironed out, is a lot of folks feel part of the reason the Isles acquired Visnovsky is for his big cap hit (and lower pay) to reach the cap floor. But, per Brian Lawton, it looks like teams won't be able to hide cap hits for players under contract playing in the AHL OR Europe. So, unless the Isles suspend Visnovsky (if he stays in the KHL), they might still be able to count some of his salary toward the cap floor.
The Islanders needed a top 4 dman that could be acquired at a reasonably low price, prove vet leadership and not block the younger players from earning a spot next year.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Vorkosh

Ballard for a 2nd. Doesn't cost you a roster spot, you get your top 4. And he IS a top 4, Vancouver just misuses him and for whatever reason AV seems to hate him.

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:24 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Ballard for a 2nd. Doesn't cost you a roster spot, you get your top 4. And he IS a top 4, Vancouver just misuses him and for whatever reason AV seems to hate him.
the islanders traded their 2nd to get Visnovsky!

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:38 PM
StringerBell

Kabanov, Ullstrom, Czikas, Lee, Mayfield and Pedan all seem interesting, as well as the more valuable likes of Strome, Nino, Reinhart, Donovan, de Haan and Nelson who I assume would be non starters for the most part. I don't think any one of those former prospects would be enough on it's own, so maybe one of the forwards plus one of the D for Ballard and a mid round pick? Or ideally we add on a little to pry Nelson out of Bridgeport.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I'm going to offer Aaron Ness and a 3rd round pick in 2014 for Keith Ballard and Yann Sauve.
No thanks.

No reason for us to trade Ballard unless we get a useful return that helps our chances, Which understandably you guys don't seem willing to do. Ballard and Tanev have been great for us and will be hugely relied on in the playoffs (for a third pair) judging by the way they played last year (When everyone else decided not to show up)

We don't have cap issue's right now anyways so I see no reason to take a step backwards like this.

Respectfully decline.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
No thanks.

No reason for us to trade Ballard unless we get a useful return that helps our chances, Which understandably you guys don't seem willing to do. Ballard and Tanev have been great for us and will be hugely relied on in the playoffs (for a third pair) judging by the way they played last year (When everyone else decided not to show up)

We don't have cap issue's right now anyways so I see no reason to take a step backwards like this.

Respectfully decline.
Could always give Keith a good ol "capcussion" and be back in time for the playoffs. I'm assuming the Canucks will be fine Cap wise. Kesler can take his time and come back for the playoffs when cap doesn't matter either.

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:07 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
the islanders traded their 2nd to get Visnovsky!
That awkward moment...

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Ullstrom and Petrov for Ballard and Rodin.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Ullstrom and Petrov for Ballard and Rodin.
Pass.

The Canucks need an asset that can help us now, not prospects/draft picks for Ballard.
If you feel that Strome and Nelson are NHL ready and Nielsen is expendable, gives us a call.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:56 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
That awkward moment...
Haha, awesome! Thanks for the moment of levity, it has not been a good day for Isles fans.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Could always give Keith a good ol "capcussion" and be back in time for the playoffs. I'm assuming the Canucks will be fine Cap wise. Kesler can take his time and come back for the playoffs when cap doesn't matter either.
We have 2.5 in space with our current roster (That includes Kes, Eddie, Garrison) So we are fine right now, and I expect more to go with a Luongo trade in the near future it so seems.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:20 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Really the Canucks just need a 3c. We'd need to add to Ballard to get a good one. I'd happily throw in a 2nd to get the job done.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
The Islanders needed a top 4 dman that could be acquired at a reasonably low price, prove vet leadership and not block the younger players from earning a spot next year.
Plus, Vis had a high cap hit with lower salary. Well, actually, that was most of the reason.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:27 PM
VeteranNetPresence
Hey, Orpheus!

why would the islanders want our garbage?
i'm sure most islanders fans know this already but ballard isn't a top 4 d-man.
you don't want him

VeteranNetPresence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Something around Ballard for Cizikas?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Cogburn

Well...what if the Canucks eat half of Ballard's salary if we get a better return? Fits that "high hit, low salary" lob over the plate out of the park, no?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:46 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Willing to bet Komisarek goes home to Long Island. Could probably be had for very little. He has one more year at $4.5 Mil and he'd probably be excited to be there.

iPunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:50 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Willing to bet Komisarek goes home to Long Island. Could probably be had for very little. He has one more year at $4.5 Mil and he'd probably be excited to be there.
I'd hope its attempted, but his NMC makes it hard to say for sure. Burke doesn't have great luck asking players to waive these clauses. If so, awesome, problem solved.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:48 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
If the NYI acquire Komi, needing a top 4 d-man, I'll switch my Okposo avatar for a Leafs Komi avatar.
If the 2012-2013 season ends without the NYI acquiring Komi, then I'll expect to see you switching to an Okposo NYI avatar, for the first 50 games of the 2013-2014 season.
No one cares how 'excited' Komi would be to go to LI. He's not a top 4 d-man and hasn't been one in several yrs.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:53 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Something around Ballard for Cizikas?
With Kesler injured and not due back for months, I'd say the Canucks with their realistic SC hopes, are probably in a tighter bind then the NYI, who everyone expected to be a lottery team again.
So, gonna pass on trading the hard working and energetic Cizikas in a 48 -50 game panic move.

Isles fans will cry and curse if the NHL can't twist the KHL's arm and get Vis back. Then Snow will bring in a warm body like Campoli for the 48-50 games.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote