*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Lanny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section19 View Post
Callaghan looked great as a callup tonight. Looks way better than Burgess did. You'd think Burgess was the callup.

Nice to see yet another great from North Bay. I heard fans got a sweet deal for the bus trip. Seriously debating getting season tickets next year in North Bay and I'm not the only one either.
Have to agree, Callaghan was a pleasant surprise. He hit like he was not afraid. He actually skated with the puck ,unlike CB.
The game belonged to Josh Leivo. No doubt about it, Josh totally controlled the play and had a 3point game. Unfortunately, I heard he is on his way to Belleville. Certainly going to miss him. We will just have to wait and see what unfolds by Thursday.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Acad

Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
Same word on the street that said Palazzese would be in the a wolves jersey?
What would we have to give up to get franky?

Old
01-05-2013, 08:47 AM
howlman

Quote:
Unfortunately, I heard he is on his way to Belleville.
Niki Petti would be a nice start with any trade involving Leivo to Belleville. If the Wolves are selling and decide to trade Leivo they should trade Corrado as well. Next season the Wolves have big question marks as usual in net as their goaltending situation is not clear, and their defence core will be crippled with the loss of Corrado and Dodero, possibly Sefton as well though I believe Sefton will be back as an OA. Hopefully any trades involving Leivo and Corrado the Wolves can secure in return some young building blocks on the back end that can solidify the defence for the next two years.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:06 AM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlman View Post
Niki Petti would be a nice start with any trade involving Leivo to Belleville. If the Wolves are selling and decide to trade Leivo they should trade Corrado as well. Next season the Wolves have big question marks as usual in net as their goaltending situation is not clear, and their defence core will be crippled with the loss of Corrado and Dodero, possibly Sefton as well though I believe Sefton will be back as an OA. Hopefully any trades involving Leivo and Corrado the Wolves can secure in return some young building blocks on the back end that can solidify the defence for the next two years.
I have also heard we're getting Leivo, but if Petti is involved there is surely more players changing teams? I wouldn't trade Petti straight up for Leivo considering he won't be back next year!

Old
01-05-2013, 09:12 AM
ImaBullsfan

Check this out?
To Sudbury
Niki Petti
2nd rd pick
Carter Sandlak
To Belleville
Josh Leivo
Matt Campana
Mid-round pick

Old
01-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Section19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Check this out?
To Sudbury
Niki Petti
2nd rd pick
Carter Sandlak
To Belleville
Josh Leivo
Matt Campana
Mid-round pick
LOL

Sorry but if the Wolves are trading Leivo, they better be getting much more than that.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
chewerjones

Quote:
LOL

Sorry but if the Wolves are trading Leivo, they better be getting much more than that.
Agreed Section 19.

Sandlak is old news, and 2nd round pick doesnt guarantee anything. Petti is a high end prospect, but still a project.

Leivo is a guarantee, and may be back next year, but I doubt it. Campagna is playing good and definitely a power play catalyst, and playmaker.

BUT WITH SUDBURY'S UPPER MGMT, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:24 AM
howlman

People don't realize how good Leivo is. The guy is a beast that wins almost every battle and can do it all hit, score, set up plays, dangle people, great speed, excellent on the pk, nice one-timer, has size... I love as a Leafs fan that the Leafs drafted Leivo and it has been exciting to watch him dominate this year in Sudbury. Any team buying at the deadline will be lucky to add a player like Leivo. He makes everyone around him better and can carry a line. He should and will be at a premium as the trade deadline approaches. Look to last year when Spooner was dealt straight up for Kujawinski... Leivo for Petti straight up could work I was impressed with Petti when Belleville played in Sudbury.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:43 AM
hockeylegend11

Rumor on another forum says Levio headed to Belleville for goalie Charlie Graham,once Subban returns from world jrs
Makes sense because almost 3 weeks a deal was in place with Windsor with Maletta being traded to Sudbury,trade was killed when the Wolves insisted on goalie Jordan Dekort,dont know who was headed out of Sudbury

Old
01-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Section19

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlman View Post
People don't realize how good Leivo is. The guy is a beast that wins almost every battle and can do it all hit, score, set up plays, dangle people, great speed, excellent on the pk, nice one-timer, has size... I love as a Leafs fan that the Leafs drafted Leivo and it has been exciting to watch him dominate this year in Sudbury. Any team buying at the deadline will be lucky to add a player like Leivo. He makes everyone around him better and can carry a line. He should and will be at a premium as the trade deadline approaches. Look to last year when Spooner was dealt straight up for Kujawinski... Leivo for Petti straight up could work I was impressed with Petti when Belleville played in Sudbury.
IMO, Leivo is easily a top 20 player in the league. If he moves his feet and skates consistently instead of coasting, I'd argue he's in the leagues top 5 of forwards.

The kid has hands that would make a lot of NHLers jealous.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:30 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
IMO, Leivo is easily a top 20 player in the league. If he moves his feet and skates consistently instead of coasting, I'd argue he's in the leagues top 5 of forwards.

The kid has hands that would make a lot of NHLers jealous.
Leivo has deceiving speed, and hands of gold. Because he is a big player, it is deceiving. I can see him like a speedy Cam Neely.

Rumour has it that Corrado going to the west to a contender, possibly OS.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
chewerjones

Saw the Steeleheads game today and it was a great 50 minutes for Sudbury. They were up 4-0 half way thru the 3rd and then decided to get lazy, laid back and take stupid penalties, and Missy made a game of it ending at 5-4 for the Wolves. A little hot potatoe between Cummins and DeHaan made it interesting.

VIenneau looked fantastic for first 50 minutes and then on pk, he took one off right shoulder and rebound knocked in by Burnside. It was clear that Vienneau was shaken up, but he didnt complain and stayed in game.

Leivo and Harris played good together, but Silk was dropped down to 3rd line by 2nd period and Kubalik took his place.

Campagna, Pancel and Baptiste line looked sloppy out there, but they did record points.

Campagna and Leivo extended their point streaks to 16 and 11, respectively.

Corbett, Dodero, Sefton and Corrado played steady games.

Corrado and Leivo's body language seem to signify that they were more interested in a trade or NHL camp, then the Wolves.

Sudbury is in 7th and tied with Missy, and 2 points behind Brampton. If they can keep up the good play, they can finish 4th or 5th easily.

As I have indicated, the team is more geared for next year, and with a few good trades and draft picks, it can be an Eastern Contender for sure , next year.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:12 PM
chewerjones

FYI, there were alot of top mgmt from Oshawa, London and Windsor at the Missy/Sudbury game.

There were also alot of agents there also.

They could have been looking at the usual suspects from each team- Leivo, Corrado, Sefton or Demelo, Percy, etc....

Old
01-06-2013, 09:13 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Leivo has deceiving speed, and hands of gold. Because he is a big player, it is deceiving. I can see him like a speedy Cam Neely.

Rumour has it that Corrado going to the west to a contender, possibly OS.
Understand Mark Hunter was at your sunday game.that maybe the west team

Old
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Understand Mark Hunter was at your sunday game.that maybe the west team
Both Mark and Dale were at the Sudbury game on Sunday.

But I heard that the west team could be OS?

Old
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Hockeyfriend

Wolves Trades???

Well Wolve fans...
Many teams making the changes!!! Have only heard of Leivo being looked at for a trade, but as rumor puts it no one wants to come this way.

IS there any other rumors, or better yet, facts on what may happen by Thursday at noon?

Old
01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Buddy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Well Wolve fans...
Many teams making the changes!!! Have only heard of Leivo being looked at for a trade, but as rumor puts it no one wants to come this way.

IS there any other rumors, or better yet, facts on what may happen by Thursday at noon?
My gut feel is that the OHL may extend the deadline because of the NHL situation. Some OHL buyers may become sellers and vice versa. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Wolves stand pat. No proof but if the stronger teams namely Barrie and Niagara lose Scheifele, Hamilton, Strome etc. it changes the East considerably! I for one think they need to load up for next year and the year after but .... stranger things have happened!

Old
01-07-2013, 06:46 PM
jamo27

I agree. This is not the Wolves year. They have to load up for next year and afterwards. Too bad (apparently) nobody of value wants to report.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:16 PM
izzys

not confirmed but its

Corrado and Leivo to Kitchener for Pallazese, Schmaltz and another piece

Old
01-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Loosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
not confirmed but its

Corrado and Leivo to Kitchener for Pallazese, Schmaltz and another piece
As I said in the trade rumors thread, being a Wolves fan in Ranger country I am very ok with this trade. A friend has season tickets for the Rangers and we snapped up the Wolves tickets from them in an instant.

It'll be fun to watch that game even more so now.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Loosie

Also if this does turn out to be true...who is the new Captain?

Old
01-07-2013, 07:52 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
Also if this does turn out to be true...who is the new Captain?
I'd go with Kantor, he's the heart and soul of the wolves. Silk, Sefton, Dodero with A's

Old
01-07-2013, 10:13 PM
chewerjones

Supposedly deal of Corrado, Leivo and Vienneua to Kitchener for Palazzese, Shmaltz and Genovese fell through as someone from Kitchener wouldnt report??

Old
01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
I'd go with Kantor, he's the heart and soul of the wolves. Silk, Sefton, Dodero with A's
Sefton should be C, with Dodero, Kantor, Campagna as A's.

Silk takes too many stupid penalties.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:17 PM
chewerjones

According to other thread:

Gene Pereira ‏@GenePereira1

Hearing Kitchener & Sudbury deal done. Leivo & Corrado for Palazzese & Schmaultz. Could be picks. Announcement expected tomorrow.

Closed Thread