HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 04:00 AM
  #376
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,584
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
6'4 Dman with high end skating, puts up offense like this and is raw because he wasnt even in the OHL to start his draft year has VERY high potential if he hits it.

His defensive game at the Canada camp was solid, better then I expected against the higher end compeition. A lot of people watching liked him. I think he'll be a 3 year guy in GR though, Ouellet maybe a year then call ups after that, especially given the state that the wings defense is in right now
He could be a real stud if he managed to develop his physical game more.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 11:18 AM
  #377
RedMachine87
Registered User
 
RedMachine87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A^2
Country: United States
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
He could be a real stud if he managed to develop his physical game more.
He could be a real stud if he managed to develop his physical and defensive game. FTFY

When I watched him in person during the summer at prospect camp he was easily the most impressive player behind Nyquist and Smith. Very good skater for his size, good hands, all around high end offensive potential.

RedMachine87 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 01:24 PM
  #378
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,505
vCash: 500
As was mentioned earlier, Marchenko only logged 11 minutes all together during four straight games. BUT, in the two games after that he has averaged over 20 minutes of icetime. Let's hope he keeps getting that kind of responsibility.

ChadS is online now  
Old
01-07-2013, 01:49 PM
  #379
fulgorre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
For anyone that's watched Max Nicastro play, how has he been developing? Do you ever see him able to crack the NHL and crack the Wings lineup down the road?

fulgorre is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 01:56 PM
  #380
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 19,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulgorre View Post
For anyone that's watched Max Nicastro play, how has he been developing? Do you ever see him able to crack the NHL and crack the Wings lineup down the road?
He hasn't played enough games to get a grade(well, for someone only getting to watch him in the American league). Looking forward to get a better view now when he'll likely take a permanent spot. Too early to tell in regards to your second question.

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 03:05 PM
  #381
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulgorre View Post
For anyone that's watched Max Nicastro play, how has he been developing? Do you ever see him able to crack the NHL and crack the Wings lineup down the road?
Hes pretty huge out there and physical, seems like a good shot blocker and PKer. He was paired with Smith earlier this year for a while but got a concussion. The griffs have been winning alot of games so he hasnt really been able to steal his spot in the line up back since then.

I havent got a really good read on him yet, hes no flash so itll take a lot of games to really see what his game is like

newfy is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 03:15 PM
  #382
probertrules24
Registered User
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulgorre View Post
For anyone that's watched Max Nicastro play, how has he been developing? Do you ever see him able to crack the NHL and crack the Wings lineup down the road?
Just one guys opinion but I don't think he'll end up cracking a top 7 for a while. I know it's early but he looks like he will be in the minors for his entire time and maybe a year or so passing waivers. A guy like Nicastro isn't flashy and shouldn't be, but even his defensive game looks like it needs some time.

I think he will be a career AHL'r, Hope I'm wrong.

probertrules24 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 06:16 PM
  #383
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 12,955
vCash: 500
Looks like that in new CBA will keep the rights for European drafted players for 4 years again.

Old limit was 2 years, then you had to sign the player.

I think Håkan Andersson likes about this change.

Henkka is online now  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
  #384
waltdetroit
Registered User
 
waltdetroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Just one guys opinion but I don't think he'll end up cracking a top 7 for a while. I know it's early but he looks like he will be in the minors for his entire time and maybe a year or so passing waivers. A guy like Nicastro isn't flashy and shouldn't be, but even his defensive game looks like it needs some time.

I think he will be a career AHL'r, Hope I'm wrong.
Now that Smith will leave, he was called back up to GRG where he'll be the 7th unless he beats out Fournier

waltdetroit is online now  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:01 PM
  #385
probertrules24
Registered User
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdetroit View Post
Now that Smith will leave, he was called back up to GRG where he'll be the 7th unless he beats out Fournier
Should of clarified I meant an NHL top 7.

probertrules24 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:18 PM
  #386
waltdetroit
Registered User
 
waltdetroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Should of clarified I meant an NHL top 7.
I got what u meant originally, I should've stated it different myself. Just meant NiC was getting an opportunity to take a step or 2. He really didn't play much last year, so I'm gonna give him this year before I make any forecasts

waltdetroit is online now  
Old
01-07-2013, 10:32 PM
  #387
probertrules24
Registered User
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdetroit View Post
I got what u meant originally, I should've stated it different myself. Just meant NiC was getting an opportunity to take a step or 2. He really didn't play much last year, so I'm gonna give him this year before I make any forecasts
I do agree and may be I've jumped the gun on him myself. It's just I've watched prior college games and then in GR and he just doesn't seem like an NHL guy to me. I hope I'm completely off base though because with his size he would be nice option. I guess what I meant was if he does make it it won't be for a while and he will be a call up guy who can be steady enough to handle injury relief.

Again just my opinion and I could be dead wrong.

probertrules24 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:30 AM
  #388
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,505
vCash: 500
Here's a stream for Marchenko's game, 3rd period should start soon. He looked good in the 2nd and had 7 minutes of icetime.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/redearmy2011

ChadS is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 11:15 AM
  #389
Rzombo4 prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
I do agree and may be I've jumped the gun on him myself. It's just I've watched prior college games and then in GR and he just doesn't seem like an NHL guy to me. I hope I'm completely off base though because with his size he would be nice option. I guess what I meant was if he does make it it won't be for a while and he will be a call up guy who can be steady enough to handle injury relief.

Again just my opinion and I could be dead wrong.
You could be absolutely right, but I think we need to see much more of him to figure out where exactly he is at. The size and skating suggest he might still have some value in the future.

Rzombo4 prez is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 11:21 AM
  #390
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 12,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud

Meanwhile, Alex Radulov was a healthy scratch for CSKA today, is reportedly embroiled in a conflict with the head coach
I hope it isn't same for Marchenko.

Henkka is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 11:32 AM
  #391
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Looks like that in new CBA will keep the rights for European drafted players for 4 years again.

Old limit was 2 years, then you had to sign the player.

I think Håkan Andersson likes about this change.
should be helpful, b/c DRW seem to have much better scouts in europe than in NA. DRW have a great record in drafting from europe, but a bad record from NA.


in last 20 years, best players drafted from NA:
howard, fischer*, helm, quincey, dandenault, abdelkader, matthias, kindl*, brendan smith, emmerton, meech

*played more outside NA, so could be a product of scouts in both NA and europe.


best players drafted from europe:
datsyuk, zetterberg, holmstrom, kronwall, filppula, hudler, franzen, ericsson, kopecky, fleischmann, nyquist, tatar, mursak

could also add igor grigorenko, who probably would have been a regular player if not for his car accident.

nik jr is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 11:42 AM
  #392
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,584
vCash: 925
Lol Radulov.. what a headcase. Wonder if he ever learns.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 12:12 PM
  #393
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,745
vCash: 500
Has Ouellet started playing after the World Junior Tournament? Is his ankle allright now or does it need rehab?

mindfly is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 12:34 PM
  #394
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 19,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Has Ouellet started playing after the World Junior Tournament? Is his ankle allright now or does it need rehab?
He probably arrived home yesterday.. and they play their next game on Thursday.

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 12:36 PM
  #395
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
He probably arrived home yesterday.. and they play their next game on Thursday.
He should take a few weeks off to get the ankle 100%, it didn't look right at times.

mindfly is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 01:28 PM
  #396
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 19,643
vCash: 500
Backman with a goal!

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 01:45 PM
  #397
Jussi
Hey everyone
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The List Of Jericho
Country: Finland
Posts: 56,027
vCash: 500
Pulkkinen's streak going to end tonight, Jokerit down by 2 at home to Espoo Blues and playing like crap according to reports.

Edit: Jokerit lost 2-5. Lost the 3rd period 0-4...

Jussi is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 02:18 PM
  #398
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 11,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Backman with a goal!
That's what I like to read. Nice work big guy!

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 02:36 PM
  #399
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 19,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
That's what I like to read. Nice work big guy!
His team is really putting a beating on top team SAIK. Backman is 1+1 after two periods, team leads 4-0 and it's mucher closer to 5 than 1.

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 02:42 PM
  #400
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,584
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Backman with a goal!
A goal scorer now, huh?

That's a start.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.