HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your favorite "remember when" moments as a Habs fan on HF Boards

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 07:51 PM
  #76
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
No way that topic was only 9 pages. This isn't it.

I was a part of it and it was the biggest storm in a glass of water ever. And we all fell for it, I mean the speculation was INSANE.

The way the RDS guys were talking about it, you'd believe Mr. Beliveau was caught groping little girls.




I remember, was it demers?, looked like he was about to cry he was so visibly upset. I don't even remember what came of everything, but the ****storm around it is memorable.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:00 PM
  #77
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...oto=nextoldest


Part one of the darkest day scandal.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
  #78
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
Whatever happened to H10H? I miss that guy.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:04 PM
  #79
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...oto=nextoldest


Part one of the darkest day scandal.
I was going to go to sleep, but now I must stay up and read this. You sir, are HF-God.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:08 PM
  #80
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...oto=nextoldest


Part one of the darkest day scandal.
Ahhh 2009 me...

Fat and funny-tasting indeed.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:08 PM
  #81
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,980
vCash: 500
You guys have a good memory.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:09 PM
  #82
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
Easily the Markov photoshop thread for me, that was awesome

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:11 PM
  #83
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 1707
you know those threads are old when they're complaining about being rickrolled

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
  #84
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Easily the Markov photoshop thread for me, that was awesome
Oh yes. Classic.

The Beakermania Era.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
  #85
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
The styrofoam cup for the worst performer of the month...

That was pretty funny.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:21 PM
  #86
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Aw man. My memory is hazy about one dude. I think he ended up founding tricolore.ca

Dan Bigras, was it? I remember there being some funny times involving that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I was going to go to sleep, but now I must stay up and read this. You sir, are HF-God.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Oh yes. Classic.

The Beakermania Era.
Beakermania LW date thread!

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:25 PM
  #87
Geester76
Registered User
 
Geester76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
The styrofoam cup for the worst performer of the month...

That was pretty funny.
What was the award name again something like Labatt 50 styrofoam cup .
I

I think the award was create originally for Smokes.

Geester76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:26 PM
  #88
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 500
now that I'm remembering old threads, and years lurking, this board has dropped of considerably since martin arrived. nothing memorable except those making history videos people created. The shootout with bombay comes to mind.

Also, a majority of the fans who were enjoyable to read just don't post around here anymore and there are limited links to other sites.

Moeninglory's gdt, and the creativity on short notice were generally nothing short of exceptional.

* latendresse and mac donald's jokes and gainey missed the boat. feeling some nostalgia and I like it.


Last edited by Nedved: 01-07-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:32 PM
  #89
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,787
vCash: 500
There were some pretty epic GDTs. I think asterix or smurf themed. Anyone got some links?

Ah... here's one: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1107293


snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:32 PM
  #90
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
now that I'm remembering old threads, and years lurking, this board has dropped of considerably since martin arrived. nothing memorable except those making history videos people created. The shootout with bombay comes to mind.

Also, a majority of the fans who were enjoyable to read just don't post around here anymore and there are limited links to other sites.

Moeninglory's gdt, and the creativity on short notice were generally nothing short of exceptional.
Agreed. But lots of these guys are still around on the web, you just gotta find them. The thing is, a lot of these classic posters couldn't adjust to a more structured / serious environement and found themselves banned.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:33 PM
  #91
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
There were some pretty epic GDTs. I think asterix or smurf themed. Anyone got some links?

Ah... here's one: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1107293

There was a user called asterix, but we called him ass-tricks.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
  #92
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geester76 View Post
What was the award name again something like Labatt 50 styrofoam cup .
I

I think the award was create originally for Smokes.
Yeeeeah!!

So awesome. We are so bringing this back!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
  #93
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,976
vCash: 50
Awards:
Hopefully some of you remember this:


__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:46 PM
  #94
Geester76
Registered User
 
Geester76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Agreed. But lots of these guys are still around on the web, you just gotta find them. The thing is, a lot of these classic posters couldn't adjust to a more structured / serious environement and found themselves banned.
This thread prove it is still possible to have fun on this board and talk about hockey. I must say I don't post some of my post when I think they could be to offensive for the rated G readers. Rated G readers like Galchenyuk

Geester76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:51 PM
  #95
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Agreed. But lots of these guys are still around on the web, you just gotta find them. The thing is, a lot of these classic posters couldn't adjust to a more structured / serious environement and found themselves banned.
I was once on the cusp. I've toned down my ways, but few can make use of this little guy like me.

I remember going into Leafs/Bruins threads and just dropping a 1-line troll bomb and have them foaming at the mouth, I'd always get in trouble for it... But at the time it seemed worth it.

ps: Anyone remember my brief stint as Hugh Ellerection? It was a good one. It was all gravy until I started posting on the main board and peeps got offended. Gotta keep it PG.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:51 PM
  #96
Habbadasher
Registered User
 
Habbadasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My couch
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,648
vCash: 500
Poutine anyone?

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:56 PM
  #97
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
I wasn't a poster at the time, just a lurker, but that year where the habs killed the bruins every game during the regular season was fun as hell.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:59 PM
  #98
Geester76
Registered User
 
Geester76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I was once on the cusp. I've toned down my ways, but few can make use of this little guy like me.

I remember going into Leafs/Bruins threads and just dropping a 1-line troll bomb and have them foaming at the mouth, I'd always get in trouble for it... But at the time it seemed worth it.

ps: Anyone remember my brief stint as Hugh Ellerection? It was a good one. It was all gravy until I started posting on the main board and peeps got offended. Gotta keep it PG.
I had plenty of warnings on this board also. I went under the belt a few times and I also troll Flyers fans but it was only for fun I went as far as putting Pyp the troll picture as my avatar for a time

Geester76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
  #99
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I wasn't a poster at the time, just a lurker, but that year where the habs killed the bruins every game during the regular season was fun as hell.
They were something mad. Lucic pounding Komisarek the following fall was sweeter to them than beating us in the playoffs the previous season would've been.

One could perhaps argue that's Boston's shining moment in the past 30 years.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:03 PM
  #100
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,976
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
They were something mad. Lucic pounding Komisarek the following fall was sweeter to them than beating us in the playoffs the previous season would've been.

One could perhaps argue that's Boston's shining moment in the past 30 years.
Or... their... cup win?

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.