HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heard on TEAM1200 in Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Heard on TEAM1200 in Ottawa

Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette was on coast to coast hockey and he said one of the reasons Comrie wants out of Edmonton so bad is to get away from his dad. Apparently, Bill Comrie is a "hockey dad" of the worst kind.

This could explain a wealth of things such why he held a gun to Lowe's head on the first contract and why he doing this now. I think I need to qualify this by saying I am not defending Comrie.

I think you guys and gals in Edmonton would be better suited to comment on the situation.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:17 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette was on coast to coast hockey and he said one of the reasons Comrie wants out of Edmonton so bad is to get away from his dad. Apparently, Bill Comrie is a "hockey dad" of the worst kind.

This could explain a wealth of things such why he held a gun to Lowe's head on the first contract and why he doing this now. I think I need to qualify this by saying I am not defending Comrie.

I think you guys and gals in Edmonton would be better suited to comment on the situation.
what, does he live in his dad's basement? the point is mike comrie is an adult and the only person he should be taking hockey business advice from is his agent. Now, since his agent is a bonehead you could blame him, but if it is true his father has made it difficult for him to play in edmonton one has to question comrie's brainpower. How hard is it just not to take his advice to heart now that he's made the nhl?

Old
12-11-2003, 03:21 PM
t0mf00lery

This just seems to be reinforcing the thought that Mike is a Mini-Me Eric Lindros.

Old
12-11-2003, 05:10 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
That doesn't really explain why Comrie will only accept a trade to only a small list of teams.

Old
12-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Watts02

Well as a matter of fact yes he did live in his dads basement untill this last summer when he and his brother bought a house in ST.Albert.

Closed Thread