HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alex Edler

Old
01-07-2013, 05:51 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
What is wrong with the value?
The fact that Edler is more valuable to Bos than Krejci is to Van, its simple.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
Alexander Edler is the best defenseman on the Canucks, makes $3.25m this season and is a UFA next offseason.

The Canucks have 4 defensemen already signed long-term. I am of the belief that if a defenseman must be traded, it will be Alex Edler for value and NOT Keith Ballard for scraps.

So what would your team give up for Alex Edler? Canucks would be looking for high end Centre and Defense prospects who could contribute in the near future.

Edler is a top pairing 1A LHD capable of logging 25mins/game very comfortably. He is a consistent 50pt threat and has a hard and accurate shot from the point.
That belief is bat **** crazy

We can buy out Ballard or trade him for a pick & use Ballard's money to re-sign Edler. Don't see motivation for Edler to leave besides $$$ & we can pay him that thanks to those buys outs the CBA gave us.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:13 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
The fact that Edler is more valuable to Bos than Krejci is to Van, its simple.
It more complex than that....

What matter is: is Edler more more valuable to Boston than Krejci to Boston?

And is Krejci more valuable to Vancouver than Edler to Vancouver?

Then we have to ask the same questions to every teams in the league, to find the market value of both player.

For example, If Krejci had more value to Vancouver than Edler, and if Vancouver was not able to find a better offer than Krejci around the league, the value would be fine even despite the fact that Edler is more valuable to Bos than Krejci is to Van

Last edited by palindrom: 01-07-2013 at 06:19 PM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Lundface

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Edler is a pending UFA, why wouldn't the Isles just wait until the offseason to try and sign him? Maybe throw the Canucks a 4th rounder to get a couple of days of negotiating rights before July 1st?

I don't see Snow making any major moves until the season is over considering there are several players that need to prove themselves this season - namely Bailey.
Worked for them a few years ago when they traded for Ehrhoffs rights

Lundface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
It more complex than that....

What matter is: is Edler more more valuable to Boston than Krejci to Boston?

And is Krejci more valuable to Vancouver than Edler to Vancouver?

Then we have to ask the same questions to every teams in the league, to find the market value of both player.

For example, If Krejci had more value to Vancouver than Edler, and if Vancouver was not able to find a better offer than Krejci around the league, the value would be fine even despite the fact that Edler is more valuable to Bos than Krejci is to Van
I think 1-for-1 its good value, but Edler+ for Krejci? No way

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:38 PM
StrictlyCommercial

Buyout Ballard. Keep Edler with his wasted money. Problem solved.

If Gillis loses Edler it will be a massive failure.

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:45 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Worked for them a few years ago when they traded for Ehrhoffs rights
At least there is a precedent on that front. Better to take that chance than giving up what is being suggested because that's not going to happen.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

I'd look at NJ to make a huge push for him if he makes it to FA.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:52 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
Edler is a top pairing 1A LHD capable of logging 25mins/game very comfortably. He is a consistent 50pt threat and has a hard and accurate shot from the point.
Alexander Edler has never played a season on a top pairing, never scored 50 points (has only scored 40 twice) and never logged 25 minutes a game. Why does he get so much credit for things he has never done?

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Alexander Edler has never played a season on a top pairing, never scored 50 points (has only scored 40 twice) and never logged 25 minutes a game. Why does he get so much credit for things he has never done?
LMAO he got 49 points last year.. Are you really going to nitpick over 1 point? The year before that he was on pace for over 50 points but had to get surgery. Also, he has averaged 24 minutes per game for the last 2 years and was the Canucks leader for TOI/game the last 2 years. Nice try, though.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
Why does Lebron James get max contract out of high school? Why does Andrew Luck? Everything is based off of potential these days. Kesler has only broken 40 goals once, but he's still known as a 40 goal scorer. He actually has been on our top pair by the way

and he's the most consistant

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:03 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
So you're saying he's not a top pairing guy, and he's not a threat for 50 points because he only got 49 last year?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:11 PM
MastuhNinks

I'm not saying he can't get 50 points, I'm saying that calling him a consistent 50 point threat when he has only been close once is a little silly.

And let's not act like Edler is 20 guys, he is 26. He has shown a lot of promise for sure, but don't expect him to get considerably better than he is right now.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'm not saying he can't get 50 points, I'm saying that calling him a consistent 50 point threat when he has only been close once is a little silly.

And let's not act like Edler is 20 guys, he is 26. He has shown a lot of promise for sure, but don't expect him to get considerably better than he is right now.
Yep past his prime.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
He was on pace for 53 points in '10-11 and put up 49 last year. He also averaged 40 points the 2 previous seasons as a 22-23 year old.

Edler went from being a 40 point guy to one you can look to for 50 points. Absolutely nothing wrong with saying this is guy is a threat for 50 points moving forward as he enters his prime.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:

And let's not act like Edler is 20 guys, he is 26. Hehas shown a lot of promise for sure, but don't expect him to get considerably better than he is right now.
Does Edler play football? Granted Football players usually end up declining by 32, but hockey players usually don't enter their prime till 27-28ish...

He's putting up 50 points or well, sorry, 49 as he's entering his prime.. he plays 24+ minutes a game.

He totally is a has been, and since he doesn't hit 50, he's also a never was, you're right, you wanna do us a favour and take him off our hands for a 7th? we can't afford him

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Love when posters get all uppity over 1 point, 1 min of TOI

He's not the first to do it or the last but I find it comical.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Love when posters get all uppity over 1 point, 1 min of TOI

He's not the first to do it or the last but I find it comical.
Maybe try reading next time... I didn't say he couldn't do it, I said that saying he'd be a consistent threat to when he has only come close once is a little bit of a stretch. I woildn't call Karlsson a consistent 80 point threat or Giroux a consistent 100 point threat either. Why? Because, like Edler, none of those players have proven to be that.

It's silly to say a player is a consistent threat to do something just because they almost did it once.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Setoguchi+Lucia+1st+McIntyre? (1st conditional on resigning

If we can get past being a major rival.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Maybe try reading next time... I didn't say he couldn't do it, I said that saying he'd be a consistent threat to when he has only come close once is a little bit of a stretch. I woildn't call Karlsson a consistent 80 point threat or Giroux a consistent 100 point threat either. Why? Because, like Edler, none of those players have proven to be that.

It's silly to say a player is a consistent threat to do something just because they almost did it once.
Stopped reading there

Old
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

I don't see how the Canucks can replace him if he leaves. He plays every situation, has great chemistry with the Sedins, puts up points and usually good in his own zone. How do we replace that?

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:49 PM
jphizzleruzbizzle*

not sure if anybody did something like this but how about:
To Vancouver
Paul stastny
D Prospect Duncan Seimens
To Colorado
Alex Edler
2014 2nd round pick (maybe a 3rd round if 2nd is askin too much)

jphizzleruzbizzle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Forget it, we won't get anything great and I honestly think we will get Eddie re-signed anyways which is better than any realistic package we could get IMO.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Setoguchi+Lucia+1st+McIntyre? (1st conditional on resigning

If we can get past being a major rival.
Seto and a 1st are good starting points, but honestly, I don't much care for Lucia and McIntyre...any piece you'd rather offer in their place?

And it's not just a rival thing, to be honest Minnesota hasn't really been a big rival in Canucks minds since the year you eliminated our butts in the Western semis, but that would be creating a monster on the Wild for a late first, a 2nd line winger who can spot check on the first, and a couple prospects. I know with out the promise of a contract extension (which I know is coming), his value is lower then it would be if he were extended, but we leave the Wild with Edler and Suter, Backstrom and Harding (hopefully soon), Heatley, Koivu, Parise and a whole mess of guys that can compete...it doesn't look good for us regardless of who we get back

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:11 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Travis Zajac.

B A T M A N is offline   Reply With Quote