HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lockout Discussion Thread 5.0: The Lockout is over!!

Old
01-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Tusk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I even had a D'agostini shirt. Wow I'm on a role. Better not get a Galchenyuk, Price, Subban or Pacioretty one.
Get a Therrien one please.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
Get a Therrien one please.
I also had a Sergei Kostitsyn one. haha. This is getting ridiculous. I guess I'm gonna have to go with Gomez.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
I also had a Sergei Kostitsyn one. haha. This is getting ridiculous. I guess I'm gonna have to go with Gomez.
Let me guess, you also had a Chris Higgins one at some point?

01-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Let me guess, you also had a Chris Higgins one at some point?
I can't remember. Man every single player I've purchased has been traded.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
That's why I bought a Brunet jersey

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Same here: Cammalleri, Kostitsyn, Komisarek and Koivu.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:26 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Why does Campoli sound like Batman in the interviews from TSN.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

T-shirts I have: Cammalleri, Tanguay, Laraque, S Kostitsyn
Jerseys I have: Higgins, Komisarek, Koivu

That's it. I stopped buying stuff with names on it.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:55 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

T-Shirt: Jean Beliveau
Jersey: '04 White and '12 Red both with no names.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:01 PM
GeneralMarky79

dont get me wrong im happy NHL is back but the League and Players really hurt us the fans, and we are all like lost sheep running back to the NHL and buying revenue. I just think they owe us more than an apology. Its not ok to have a lockout every 7 years.

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Et le But

I only own a Lafleur shirt personally. My only Habs jersey has nothing on the back. I'm considering a Price shirt but I don't like spending money on player names when they aren't already legends.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMarky79 View Post
dont get me wrong im happy NHL is back but the League and Players really hurt us the fans, and we are all like lost sheep running back to the NHL and buying revenue. I just think they owe us more than an apology. Its not ok to have a lockout every 7 years.
They should give us center ice package for free

Old
01-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Fans in Canada will, sadly, flock back in for obvious reasons but in the USA, the repercussions will be more important.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

That's gotta hurt their playoff chances. They also lost Parenteau to Col, plus Grabner and Hamonic are both out.

Lubomir Visnovsky has decided to stay in the KHL for the remainder of the 2012-13 season.
Visnovsky issued this statement, which Arthur Staple of New York Newsday posted on his Twitter account: "I have decided to stay and continue my career in the KHL for the remainder of the 2012-13 season. I am thankful to the #Isles for being so good to me. My decision not to play in the NHL is due to family and personal reasons. I have made no decisions on next season. My focus now is on Slovan Bratislava, and enjoying my family in my home country." Staple also posted that Visnovsky's agent, Neil Sheehy, said, "The situation would have been the same with any NHL team." It's possible that his situation may have changed because of the lockout, but it's hard to imagine that he ever wanted to play on Long Island. Visnovsky attempted to void his trade to the Islanders from Anaheim this past summer, but the deal was allowed to stand after it went through an arbitrator. This probably isn't the end of this issue though as the Islanders will surely have something to say.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Et le But

I just noticed the poll they are currently running on the official website, how sad is this.

Quote:
Which 2012 free agent signing are you most excited to see in a Habs jersey this year?

Brandon Prust
Colby Armstrong
Francis Bouillon
What a choice.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:39 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
T-shirts I have: Cammalleri, Tanguay, Laraque, S Kostitsyn
Jerseys I have: Higgins, Komisarek, Koivu

That's it. I stopped buying stuff with names on it.
My only one is Koivu. I asked for it for my birthday before he was captain. I have had it for a long long time and I don't really feel cheated.

Only other name I've considered since is Subban.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Top Corner2

when will the new sched come out?

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:55 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
when will the new sched come out?
I suspect not until the CBA is ratified by the owners and the players.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Spoiled rotten rich owners/players/managers should all get down on their knees begging us for forgiveness. The only reason they have million$ is because of fans. But they don't give a **** about fans. Fans are tool$ to nhl owners/players. They fight over the million$ provided by fans.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...2672--nhl.html

Jersey:
$200 for a ****ing jersey!!! What a ****ing joke!! They rip off fans with expensive tickets and then they rip off fans with expensive jerseys, hats, beer,etc... We should all just buy a cheap t-shirt and just put an NHL logo/sticker in the front...in the back instead of a name it's written LOCKOUT (with all the years they locked us out from watching NHL hockey). **** all the rich/spoiled players/owners. **** their B.S. apologies. We should lockout the players/owners for 1-2 years so they won't make their million$. They came back for their millions, not the fans. They piss and **** on the fans.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...2672--nhl.html

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-07-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:22 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I definitely won't be buying NHL merchandise or attending any games this season, maybe next season too.

Won't stop me from enjoying my hockey via CBC/TSN/RDS for the whopping combined price of like 5$ a month or whatever it is. So the NHL can enjoy the 90$ I'll be giving them over the next 18 months.

I have friends whom I would consider as hardcore as us that are swearing to boycott even watching hockey. To me that's just stupid, why stop watching something you love?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I definitely won't be buying NHL merchandise or attending any games this season, maybe next season too.

Won't stop me from enjoying my hockey via CBC/TSN/RDS for the whopping combined price of like 5$ a month or whatever it is. So the NHL can enjoy the 90$ I'll be giving them over the next 18 months.

I have friends whom I would consider as hardcore as us that are swearing to boycott even watching hockey. To me that's just stupid, why stop watching something you love?
It's like withholding sex from your girlfriend for a month because she was on her period for a week...makes no sense.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

We NHL fans are the biggest suckers.

The players/owners decided to come back for their million$...
They should all play for free this season to really thank the fans, but they're so used to their millionaire lifestyle...so they came back to make more money and it's from our pockets/wallets (that's why we're all suckers for buying such expensive jerseys and expensive tickets...robbery).

To really thank the fans...they should start by dramatically lowering the ludicrous ticket prices (and the playoff ticket prices are ten times worse)...they totally piss on fans and get away with it...we love the game/sport and they abuse us for that.

**** all the rich/spoiled players and owners.
The **** us in the *** everytime we open our wallets to them.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
i could express my anger and not watch/buy any nhl products but it would negatively affect me more than it would the nhl.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
It's like withholding sex from your girlfriend for a month because she was on her period for a week...makes no sense.
It's more like the fans are that idiot rich sugardaddy (nhl fans) that has to pay lots of money to the spoiled woman/user/abuser (nhl owners/players) to provide her a lavish rich millionaire lifestyle...and this girl screws other men, spends his money and only comes back when she needs more money. And this idiot sugardaddy (nhl fans) keeps feeding money to this woman (nhl owners/players) whenever she comes back for more money.

Sugarddaddy does it for sex.
Fans do it for the so-called love of hockey (buy expensive tickets, jerseys, beer,etc).

Players/owners get all the money (mansions, ferraris, spoiled rotten lifestyle).
Spoiled/user woman gets all the money (she just has to prostitute herself a bit for all that money).

Old
01-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I just noticed the poll they are currently running on the official website, how sad is this.

What a choice.
It's a tie between Armstrong and Prust for me. Cube is only around for his last hurrah, which is totally fine.

Armstrong is happy to be here and I got a feeling he's so motivated to shove it down Toronto's throat he'll surprise all of us. I'm thinking we see 10-15 goals from him in 48 games. He brained Koivu but... Cole and his BBC linemates eliminated us that one year and we don't hold that against him...

Prust, if he lives up to the hype and the pay, will be something we have not had since days that predate my memory as a fan. I don't really remember Nilan, now he won't be as dominant as him but... could be our best fighter since Brashear. Plus with the defensive skills he has, he'll help.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote