HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2013 Line Combos

Old
01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
God Says No

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Silfverberg - Spezza - Michalek
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Regin - Condra (Stone)
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil/Daugavins

- my guess is that Zibanejad & Stone replace Condra & Daugavins next season, if not at some point this yr. If Regin & Latendresse don't work out, they could be replaced by Grant & DD with Greening & Z. Smith moving up.

Phillips - Karlsson
Methot - Gonchar
Boroweicki - Lundin/Benoit

- my guess is that Boroweicki is called up first until Lundin is back. Once Lundin comes back Wiercioch could get called up or they could keep Benoit/Boroweicki up. I would like to see Gryba get a shot at some point since he is one of the few right handed shot defenceman on this team. I also think that the Murrays will sign Andrej Sustre at the end of this NCAA season.

Anderson - Bishop/Lehner
- unless Bishop is moved to acquire a defenceman in a package, I think Murray keeps Lehner down in Bingo this yr to play a lot & trade one of Anderson or Bishop next season.
not bad, but a couple of things. if regin and latendresse don't work out, i'd rather replace them with hoffman or da costa and keep greening/smith where they are.

andrej sustr should definitely be on the radar as i heard some real good things about the kid. the problem is that i think a lot of teams will be after him, so we'll have to entice him to come to ottawa (.i.e. games in the nhl)

here's my crack at the lineup:

michalek - spezza - silf
latendresse - turris - alfie
regin - smith - condra
greening - o'brien - neil

methot - kalrsson
phillips - gonchar
boro - wiercioch (lundin when he comes back)

God Says No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Nizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
ceci and noesen will not be at camp. i can't see them missing games to be at camp. this year it's different as the camp is in january, and the ohl season is in full swing.

i agree stone will be at camp and has a shot at making the team, but your post suggested he makes the team. i don't see that happening. he's been ok in ahl, but not great. i don't think he's ready yet. i see him making the team next year if progresses.
Guess I was right all 3 going too camp

Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
I just think that Silfverberg's game is more suited to play with Turris and Alfie.

Spezza and Michalek are most likely staying together, so a big body to clean up the garbage, who also has good hands is a perfect fit on that line.
I would really like to see Spezza, Latendresse and Michalek together, three big bodies that all bring skills that seem to compliment each other.

With MacLean using Turris and Alfie last year against the other team's top line, I believe Silf fits better on this line than Latendresse.

Silf is a complete player, fits perfectly with Alfie and Turris in the role MacLean gives them.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Interesting, where did you get this info?

Old
01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
You are forgetting about Gryba. He can add some grit to the big club. He also is playing a lot better this year than he ever has, at least imho.

Not to mention that filling the physical D hole is a lot easier than backfilling a puck mover. We still have Blood in the ECHL that we can call up.

Assuming Binghamton loses three D-men for a spell, those three being Wiercioch, Benoit, Boro

Wideman- Eckford
Claesson - Gryba
Blood - ???

That leaves a major hole in Bingo. I believe we still have Matt Campanele as well, but no 7th D-man. Not to mention that kills our puck-movers. What was our strength is now our major weakness.
Camp will only be a week so I would imagine MacLean will release players fairly quickly so the coaches can work with the top 20 - 22 players.

I can't see all of Benoit, PW and Boro sticking with the Sens to start the season.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
God Says No

Quote:
yeah, ceci and stone looks like will be there. i haven't heard anything about noesen. i guess since ceci is in ottawa it's real easy for him to attend.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Nizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
yeah, ceci and stone looks like will be there. i haven't heard anything about noesen. i guess since ceci is in ottawa it's real easy for him to attend.
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) tweeted at 3:35 PM on Mon, Jan 07, 2013:
The Senators are studying the possibility of bringing Plymouth winger Stefan Noesen to the shortened training camp

Ceci was traded today wonder how Owen Sound feels if he stays with the big club

Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Quote:
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) tweeted at 3:35 PM on Mon, Jan 07, 2013:
The Senators are studying the possibility of bringing Plymouth winger Stefan Noesen to the shortened training camp

Ceci was traded today wonder how Owen Sound feels if he stays with the big club
I don't think that's a problem they'll need to worry about.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:18 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Camp will only be a week so I would imagine MacLean will release players fairly quickly so the coaches can work with the top 20 - 22 players.

I can't see all of Benoit, PW and Boro sticking with the Sens to start the season.
Given the state of our D, I think that at least two of those guys will be with the Sens.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Sens Rule

Assuming everyone is healthy I expect this by the end of the season.
Greening-Spezza-Michalek (someone could take Greenings spot but all 3 had amazing years last year and keeping him on the 1st line gives us deprh to have 3 scoring lines.

Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson. I expect Turris to blossom more this season. All 3 can check, pass, shoot. This is going to be an amazing line all over the ice. What better place for a rookie to learn than with Alfie.

Letendresse-Regin-Stone. I kind of think Letendresse might start slow. But he has greay hands and skills. Regin, if he is finally healthy I think he will play like he has in the short spurts of high level play he has had. Stone might not make the team out of canp but by the playoffs I think he will. He would get to play with good offensive players and hopefully can be a playmaker and scorer. This could be a 3rd scoring line.

Smith-O'Brien-Neil this would be an amazing 4th line that you could roll no problem at any time in the game.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Pilgore88

We are a much deeper team at the forward position then we were last year. We lost Foligno, which is a loss for sure, but he is replaced by Regin, Latendresse and Silf as well as guys gaining experience such as Greening, Condra and O'brien. Along with these guys, we have Stone who could see some time with the club. We don't have to worry about icing a complete forward lineup, and for the first time in a while we don't have to worry about our goaltending.

Even with the additions in both these areas, I still don't think we will be able to crack the playoffs with our sub-par defense. I hope I am proved wrong and will gladly eat crow.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:45 AM
RappinHobo
#1 Lehner Fanboy

I heard on the radio this morning from Paul MacLean that Silfverberg will be starting on the top line with Spezza and Michalek

RappinHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

MacLean also said that boro and weir will get a chance to make an impression, but very clearly left Benoit out of that discussion. He was very high on Weir in particular.

Said he doesn't believe Silf will/can play bottom 6. Tender might.
He sees regin as third line centre or left wing.
Said he wants top 3 lines that can score

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post
MacLean also said that boro and weir will get a chance to make an impression, but very clearly left Benoit out of that discussion. He was very high on Weir in particular.

Said he doesn't believe Silf will/can play bottom 6. Tender might.
He sees regin as third line centre or left wing.
Said he wants top 3 lines that can score
This makes me very happy. Regin is a huge addition to this team, he is an ideal third liner in Macleans system. I expect a big year from him ~40 points

Old
01-08-2013, 08:12 AM
brucegarrioch

You think Regin is going to be a near-PPG player?

I can't see how he's a "huge addition" to our team, either. He's OK, but completely replaceable.

brucegarrioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegarrioch View Post

I can't see how he's a "huge addition" to our team, either. He's OK, but completely replaceable.
Yes sorry, pro rated around 20-25 points, I was posting 40 forgetting it was a shortened season. My mistake

He gives us offensive upside and creativity on the third line.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:26 AM
benjiv1

I'm pretty certain that this is going to be our starting roster:

Silfverberg-Spezza-Michalek
Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Condra
JOB-Smith-Neil

If we want a tad more scoring/finish, they could try out Stone on the 3rd Line.

benjiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post

Greening-Regin-Condra
JOB-Smith-Neil

I'd switch job and smith but other than that safe to say that is close enough. It's going to get mixed around though and i don't see stone up here at all unless injuries happen.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:42 AM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
I'd switch job and smith but other than that safe to say that is close enough. It's going to get mixed around though and i don't see stone up here at all unless injuries happen.
yeah, and i think hoffman is ahead of stone in the call up queue.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:47 AM
General Granny*

Really love our forward lines, for the first time in a long time we aren't a 1 line team ( If everyone stays healthy) Even then if guys like Regin and Tender get hurt you still got depth with Stone/Dacosta/Hoffman waiting.

If we were 4th in scoring last season with Butler, Condra and to some extent Greening rotating in our top 6, could only imagine this season with Silver, Tender and buffed up Turris.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:55 AM
BK201

Quote:

Greening-Regin-Condra
JOB-Smith-Neil

Nah coach said he wants the Regin on the line with smith to bring skill to a hard nose difficult to play against line I expect

Latendresse -Spezza - Michalek
Silfverberg -Turris - Alfie
Regin -Smith -Neil
Greening - O'Brien - Condra

Kdaug

I know they want silf on the first line but I just have a feeling like Lats will burry goals with spezza and michalek.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:15 AM
OgieO

Quote:

Greening-Regin-Condra
JOB-Smith-Neil

I like it and you're probably correct, but if it were me I'd make the following tweak:

Top 2 lines, same.
Greening-Smith-Regin
Condra-JOB-Neil

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Xspyrit

My lines :

Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfie
Smith-Regin-Neil
Greening-O'Brien-Condra
Daugavins

* Latendresse fits better with Spezza and Michalek
* Silfverberg fits better with Turris and Alfie, will learn more and have less pressure there
* Regin as the 3rd line center because of playmaking ability. He is going to be protected by Neil and Smith
* Gotta love the defensive awereness of that 4th line. They can also score

Really like those lines and it can only get better once guys like Zibanejad, Prince, Stone, Petersson, Noesen, Puempel and Da Costa graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
We are a much deeper team at the forward position then we were last year. We lost Foligno, which is a loss for sure, but he is replaced by Regin, Latendresse and Silf as well as guys gaining experience such as Greening, Condra and O'brien. Along with these guys, we have Stone who could see some time with the club. We don't have to worry about icing a complete forward lineup, and for the first time in a while we don't have to worry about our goaltending.

Even with the additions in both these areas, I still don't think we will be able to crack the playoffs with our sub-par defense. I hope I am proved wrong and will gladly eat crow.
Very good post. You're right, we don't have to worry about our offense and goaltending. We finished 4th in scoring last year and I don't see PM changing his system

We have to fix the defense... Lundin will be back but Cowen is very hard to replace.

People have to stay realistic about this team though, they are one of the less spending teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegarrioch View Post

lol dude... only 54 forwards scored 60 points or more last year... You don't have to be a PPG player to be effective... Very few players are PPG in today's game

If regin plays his high-end 200 feet game and scores at a 35 points pace, that would be awesome.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Greening scored 17 goals lastyr and could be better this yr. wouldn't put him on the 4 th line.
Greening-regin-neil looks good to me.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Ideally, I'm hoping we avoid giving up any assets if we're looking at adding another d-man and just go out and sign one of Brett Clarke or Chris Campoli as a cheap stop gap for the short season.

Really hoping January 19th looks like this:

Latendresse-Turris-Alfie
Greening-Regin-Neil
Smith-O'Brien-Condra
Daug

Methot-Karlsson
Clarke-Gonchar
Phillips-Weircioch

Andy
Bishop

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote