HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
From the times I've seen Grand Rapids against the Wolves, Jurco has not stood out in any way. Looks significantly behind the play most of the time. Thought Jensen made much more of an impact last season with the Wolves. But it's too early to judge him obviously, just thought you might be interested.
I've watched a few of their games. He's still getting accustomed to the pro game. Regardless, every time I watch I notice the potential he has. He's a project... but a very good project.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:42 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
That puts Jensen at 13 goals, the last player to do this at this age in SEL is Patrick Hornqvist, and before that was Daniel Sedin.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a stud prospect in the making!
Real goals or including shootout goals?

Old
01-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Real goals or including shootout goals?
I think only 1 of his goals is a shootout gwg goal

Old
01-07-2013, 07:49 PM
PRNuck

Buzz on the OHL boards about Corrado (and Leivo) to Kitchener. This leaves me with mixed emotions. I had this vision of Corrado knocking Spott's team's out of the playoffs and saying "how do you like me now, *****?" But on the other hand, consolidating our OHL defense prospects on the Rangers!

Maybe he'll learn a thing or two from Offensive Dynamo Ryan Murphy™

Old
01-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Spectrefire

He'd be able to play with McEneny on Kitchner. That might actually be pretty great.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:53 PM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Buzz on the OHL boards about Corrado (and Leivo) to Kitchener. This leaves me with mixed emotions. I had this vision of Corrado knocking Spott's team's out of the playoffs and saying "how do you like me now, *****?" But on the other hand, consolidating our OHL defense prospects on the Rangers!

Maybe he'll learn a thing or two from Offensive Dynamo Ryan Murphy™
i really hope he doesn't go there. he'll have to play under Spott and his boy Murphy... and we will have to complain every game about how Murphy is getting all the mins and Corrado is not.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
thefeebster

I was wrong on every team!

Bah, i truly thought Kitchener would be selling this season. And if Spott were smart, he'd realize that he needs to do that and he'd realize he simply does not have the team for a championship this season.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post

Bah, i truly thought Kitchener would be selling this season. And if Spott were smart, he'd realize that he needs to do that and he'd realize he simply does not have the team for a championship this season.
...we'd have won Gold at the WJC

Old
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
PRNuck

Quote:

Yeah, def not my dream destination for Frankie.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Old
01-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Tiranis

Quote:

If they acquire Leivo too, they might just be good enough. Leivo would probably mesh well with Faksa and improve their first line a ton. I know it's a long shot but you never know with a goalie like Gibson. I don't know... could be interesting.

To clarify, it's not my dream destination for Corrado but if he's not their only acquisition then I think it might work out.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:35 PM
B-rock

How do junior players refuse to report to a team? Seems preposterous to me. What leverage do they have. It's not like they're making any money at this point.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:47 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
If they acquire Leivo too, they might just be good enough. Leivo would probably mesh well with Faksa and improve their first line a ton. I know it's a long shot but you never know with a goalie like Gibson. I don't know... could be interesting.

To clarify, it's not my dream destination for Corrado but if he's not their only acquisition then I think it might work out.
To beat London? I disagree. Leivo is a huge piece and addition, maybe even more important for the Rangers than Corrado would be. This is a team that has struggled to score goals without Puempel who is still out with a shoulder injury. Leivo will offset some of that but they still need support. Faksa hasn't been converting, although he still looks good. Reider is on pace for his lowest goal total in his OHL career, after scoring 42 the year before. You have Eric Ming playing on the top line most of the season... They've struggled with ES scoring and chemistry just about all season. Lack of scoring will not do you any favours against London. What saved them is the x-factor, Gibson. If this team gets far, its clinging to the back of Gibson's jersey. I just don't see this team knocking off London and with the way Spott's traded away his draft picks over the past few years, he needs assets that are coming back next season, both of which Leivo and Corrado are not.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
To beat London? I disagree. Leivo is a huge piece and addition, maybe even more important for the Rangers than Corrado would be. This is a team that has struggled to score goals without Puempel who is still out with a shoulder injury. Leivo will offset some of that but they still need support. Faksa hasn't been converting, although he still looks good. Reider is on pace for his lowest goal total in his OHL career, after scoring 42 the year before. You have Eric Ming playing on the top line most of the season... They've struggled with ES scoring and chemistry just about all season. Lack of scoring will not do you any favours against London. What saved them is the x-factor, Gibson. If this team gets far, its clinging to the back of Gibson's jersey. I just don't see this team knocking off London and with the way Spott's traded away his draft picks over the past few years, he needs assets that are coming back next season, both of which Leivo and Corrado are not.
We'll see what the plan is. Perhaps he wants to play Corrado (on LD) with Murphy to allow Murphy to do a bit more offensive wandering which would certainly help them somewhat with their offensive troubles.

If these two acquisitions result in everyone on that team playing up to their potential, I could see them having a remote chance of beating London.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:03 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
How do junior players refuse to report to a team? Seems preposterous to me. What leverage do they have. It's not like they're making any money at this point.
Seems preposterous you'd draft a 15 or 16 year old kid, convince him your organization and the OHL (CHL) in general is a good place for his development both as a hockey player and a human being. Only to be traded by that team before one season goes by.

Not to mention Middleton is a 1st round pick, so he'd have more pull than a typical OHL draft pick.

These guys have agents. Agent who will be paid a pretty penny if they are developed well (Sudbury isn't exactly a prospect factory).

Sudbury in the OHL is like Prince George in the WHL - nobody wants to go there.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:04 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

It'd be awful if Corrado gets traded there and is given 0 PP or PK time. Hopefully he is used correctly.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:08 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
It'd be awful if Corrado gets traded there and is given 0 PP or PK time. Hopefully he is used correctly.
He's going to be Murphy's baby sitter.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
You don't have to be worried about that, as a Ranger fan, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt Corrado would definitely be playing with Murphy and filling the role Cody Sol (Jets prospect) had last year, getting buckloads of icetime so the crappy pairing doesn't have to play 15 minute a night.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Given they are both right side Dmen.....

It'll probably happen under Spott.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:18 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
You don't have to be worried about that, as a Ranger fan, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt Corrado would definitely be playing with Murphy and filling the role Cody Sol (Jets prospect) had last year, getting buckloads of icetime so the crappy pairing doesn't have to play 15 minute a night.
#inspottwetrust

Old
01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Given they are both right side Dmen.....

It'll probably happen under Spott.
Great. I just realized he'll be playing on his offside too.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:30 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Great. I just realized he'll be playing on his offside too.
He plays the left side when he was paired with Sefton anyways. Corrado can play both sides equally well, IMO. Don't be too worried about it.

It's actually a good thing to be versatile.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

So Corrado to the Rangers is now a foregone conclusion?

Old
01-07-2013, 09:47 PM
jigsaw99

is there another team Corrado might go? I hate Spott and don't want to hear about him ever again.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
We'll see what the plan is. Perhaps he wants to play Corrado (on LD) with Murphy to allow Murphy to do a bit more offensive wandering which would certainly help them somewhat with their offensive troubles.

If these two acquisitions result in everyone on that team playing up to their potential, I could see them having a remote chance of beating London.
I don't.

Gibson is good not god.

Their only chance to win is if he Tim Thomas' them and even then London is so powerful.

Closed Thread