HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Markstrom to PHI after a Luongo to Florida trade

Old
01-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Believe it was a Flyers fan who started this thread. You want to know what it would take? That's what it would take. Bourdon and a 2nd isn't going to get you Markstrom. If the Flyers want to go with Bryz, then other teams are totally fine with that.
Yes, it as a Flyers fan who started this thread. Also the deal of Bourdon and a 2nd wasn't even made? Why even say that? Just wanted to be sarcastic?

Go back and look at every single young prospect goalie to get dealt, and when Florida fans realize they are not going to get a return that a young potential 1st line center gets, we could talk reasonable trade offers.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
SouthFLFan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Yes, it as a Flyers fan who started this thread. Also the deal of Bourdon and a 2nd wasn't even made? Why even say that? Just wanted to be sarcastic?

Go back and look at every single young prospect goalie to get dealt, and when Florida fans realize they are not going to get a return that a young potential 1st line center gets, we could talk reasonable trade offers.

Our Reasonable offer is we keep him and you keep your guy We are happy not moving him, If we move him it would be for an overpayment unless there is a reason that we must move him.

SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:00 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Nope. Straight up looks pretty fair to this non-fan of either team. But your complete over-rating of Couturier is noted.
But.. but... aren't potential 1st/2nd liners worth the world????????????????????????

Last edited by spiny norman: 01-08-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: not so much blank area, please
CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:04 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post

Are you telling me that a POTENTIAL first or second line centre is worth more than that of a POTENTIAL elite goaltender? Perhaps I've been underwhelmed by Couturier, but really? Is someone like Pavel Datsyuk (arguably the best two way forward in the game) worth someone like Quick (one of the best goalies in the game)? Hell no. Please ignore the ages, I'm talking talent levels at this point in time. Now I realize that both these players are elite, but I'm simply using them as an example.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd like a little more insight as to just HOW good Couturier could really be, because I've heard great things about Markstrom.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLFan79 View Post
Our Reasonable offer is we keep him and you keep your guy We are happy not moving him, If we move him it would be for an overpayment unless there is a reason that we must move him.
Understandable, my proposal was actually just if Florida for some reason trades for Luongo. If you don't get him, no need to trade Markstrom.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Beezeral

You want markstrom? Knock our socks off with an offer. If you aren't willing, don't even bother calling, we won't answer the phone for anything less than crazy offers

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Consider that the second a Luongo-to-Florida trade is completed, the Panthers lose all leverage on a Markstrom trade. They wouldn't and shouldn't give him away, but maybe you get a decent player like Read and/or exchange of draft pick(s). It's the reason why the Canucks held on to Schneider all these years, his value to the Canucks never matched the market, and were fortunate to hold on before he became a Group V UFA

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Consider that the second a Luongo-to-Florida trade is completed, the Panthers lose all leverage on a Markstrom trade. They wouldn't and shouldn't give him away, but maybe you get a decent player like Read and/or exchange of draft pick(s). It's the reason why the Canucks held on to Schneider all these years, his value to the Canucks never matched the market, and were fortunate to hold on before he became a Group V UFA
Agreed. But, The panthers consider luongo a stop gap to when markstrom is ready. Not the long term solution. Acquiring luongo does not change anything about markstrom's status With the team

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Agreed. But, The panthers consider luongo a stop gap to when markstrom is ready. Not the long term solution. Acquiring luongo does not change anything about markstrom's status With the team
You don't simply trade for a player with 10 years and almost 50 million left on his contract to be a stopgap. How long are you guys expecting Markstrom to take to finish developing?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Markstrom is young and he looks ready, Florida keeps him.
I agree (or at most one more year AHL)

That's why the Luongo to FLA talk makes so little sense to me.

Seems like it would be begging for a Luongo / Schneider situation

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
capitalsrock

Florida isn't contending so they would be looking to keep their young guy instead of Luongo. Philly however could get Luongo because they are contending for a cup at the moment.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:04 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I think the Panthers would have a certain amount of leverage if the Flyers were desperate enough for a goaltender. However, Holmgren could be content with Bryzgalov at the moment.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Believe it was a Flyers fan who started this thread. You want to know what it would take? That's what it would take. Bourdon and a 2nd isn't going to get you Markstrom. If the Flyers want to go with Bryz, then other teams are totally fine with that.
Oh, so that was the FLA GM responding? Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Heres an idea, how about the Panthers don't ruin their team, and Philly deals with their poor decisions.
And those decisions would be? Are the poor decisions equaled out by having Giroux for 3.75mill/yr?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:18 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
I think the Panthers would have a certain amount of leverage if the Flyers were desperate enough for a goaltender. However, Holmgren could be content with Bryzgalov at the moment.
How desperate would any team be for an unproven goalie prospect?

Old
01-07-2013, 09:23 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
And those decisions would be? Are the poor decisions equaled out by having Giroux for 3.75mill/yr?
Starts with moving Richards, and ends with signing Bryzgolov to that horrendous deal. Is giroux's contract fantastic yea, but im sure phillys gm wasn't sleeping easy as LA lifted that cup last year.

S3rkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:35 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Starts with moving Richards, and ends with signing Bryzgolov to that horrendous deal. Is giroux's contract fantastic yea, but im sure phillys gm wasn't sleeping easy as LA lifted that cup last year.
That's a pretty simplistic view...

I'm sure the only reason why LA won the cup was because of Richards. Hell, if Richards would have been traded to Florida I bet they would have won the Cup instead of LA.

The Bryz contract is what it is, and if he doesn't work out his contract will be bought out. So, that's not really a problem. Also, the Carter/Richards trades weren't based on the creating ability to sign Bryz.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
That's a pretty simplistic view...

I'm sure the only reason why LA won the cup was because of Richards. Hell, if Richards would have been traded to Florida I bet they would have won the Cup instead of LA.

The Bryz contract is what it is, and if he doesn't work out his contract will be bought out. So, that's not really a problem. Also, the Carter/Richards trades weren't based on the creating ability to sign Bryz.
Didn't say he was the single reason they won, he was a reason. Leadership can do wonderful things. A guy like Richards doesn't only put up points and plays defense. He helps give a team an identity. I was just stating recent bad moves didn't make any correlation to them. I think philly was a hell of a team a few years back, that could've kept pushing for a cup for multiple years. Could have gotten stronger goaltending some other way.

S3rkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Broad Street Nj

Okay so this is my first post here on these boards but I have been reading the threads for over a year I have been weary of joining HF boards because of what I have seen on valuing and undervaluing prospects I love hockey even though I didn't grow up playing the game I do respect it so with the up most respect there is no way one can say they prefer plecs over coots yes he's more experienced but the age difference is substantial

Broad Street Nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
glenbuis

As a neutral bystander I think the thought of Tallon going for Lou to play over Markstrom has to be one of the most rediculous ideas i ever heard. The only way Lou ever plays in Florida is if he get's bought out and he takes a home town discount to back up Markstrom.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Didn't say he was the single reason they won, he was a reason. Leadership can do wonderful things. A guy like Richards doesn't only put up points and plays defense. He helps give a team an identity. I was just stating recent bad moves didn't make any correlation to them. I think philly was a hell of a team a few years back, that could've kept pushing for a cup for multiple years. Could have gotten stronger goaltending some other way.
Your point still doesn't make sense. Teams trade players for a multitude of reasons and you're looking at the Richards trade in a vacuum. Richards and the team had problems, so the team fixed it.

So, if Philly wins a cup in the next 10 years does that make the Richards trade good? Or does it depend on the stats of Schenn/Grossman/Simmonds?

The biggest reason why Philly took a step back was because of the injury to Pronger. Richards leaving may have benefited the team more than it hurt it, regardless of success he experiences elsewhere.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
As a neutral bystander I think the thought of Tallon going for Lou to play over Markstrom has to be one of the most rediculous ideas i ever heard. The only way Lou ever plays in Florida is if he get's bought out and he takes a home town discount to back up Markstrom.
It is insane.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Kulikov + Markstrom for Couturier + Meszaros
That's a great trade if Florida gets Luongo... Great for both teams

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:37 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Had to have said it a million times: Richards wasn't moved for Bryzgalov. We had the $$$ to sign Bryz once Carter was traded. Richards was moved for another reason (whatever it was).

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:44 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
That's a great trade if Florida gets Luongo... Great for both teams
For Philly, yeah.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:45 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
How are the Flyers any further from winning the cup than they were when Richards was on the team? Really, I'd love to know. For that last time though, Richards wasn't moved for Bryzgalov. He was traded for some other reason that continues to be speculated about to this very day.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote