HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Markstrom to PHI after a Luongo to Florida trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 06:44 PM
  #26
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Believe it was a Flyers fan who started this thread. You want to know what it would take? That's what it would take. Bourdon and a 2nd isn't going to get you Markstrom. If the Flyers want to go with Bryz, then other teams are totally fine with that.
Yes, it as a Flyers fan who started this thread. Also the deal of Bourdon and a 2nd wasn't even made? Why even say that? Just wanted to be sarcastic?

Go back and look at every single young prospect goalie to get dealt, and when Florida fans realize they are not going to get a return that a young potential 1st line center gets, we could talk reasonable trade offers.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
  #27
SouthFLFan79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Yes, it as a Flyers fan who started this thread. Also the deal of Bourdon and a 2nd wasn't even made? Why even say that? Just wanted to be sarcastic?

Go back and look at every single young prospect goalie to get dealt, and when Florida fans realize they are not going to get a return that a young potential 1st line center gets, we could talk reasonable trade offers.

Our Reasonable offer is we keep him and you keep your guy We are happy not moving him, If we move him it would be for an overpayment unless there is a reason that we must move him.

SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:00 PM
  #28
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Nope. Straight up looks pretty fair to this non-fan of either team. But your complete over-rating of Couturier is noted.
But.. but... aren't potential 1st/2nd liners worth the world????????????????????????









Last edited by spiny norman: 01-08-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: not so much blank area, please
CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:04 PM
  #29
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Yes, it as a Flyers fan who started this thread. Also the deal of Bourdon and a 2nd wasn't even made? Why even say that? Just wanted to be sarcastic?

Go back and look at every single young prospect goalie to get dealt, and when Florida fans realize they are not going to get a return that a young potential 1st line center gets, we could talk reasonable trade offers.
Are you telling me that a POTENTIAL first or second line centre is worth more than that of a POTENTIAL elite goaltender? Perhaps I've been underwhelmed by Couturier, but really? Is someone like Pavel Datsyuk (arguably the best two way forward in the game) worth someone like Quick (one of the best goalies in the game)? Hell no. Please ignore the ages, I'm talking talent levels at this point in time. Now I realize that both these players are elite, but I'm simply using them as an example.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd like a little more insight as to just HOW good Couturier could really be, because I've heard great things about Markstrom.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:05 PM
  #30
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLFan79 View Post
Our Reasonable offer is we keep him and you keep your guy We are happy not moving him, If we move him it would be for an overpayment unless there is a reason that we must move him.
Understandable, my proposal was actually just if Florida for some reason trades for Luongo. If you don't get him, no need to trade Markstrom.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:05 PM
  #31
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
You want markstrom? Knock our socks off with an offer. If you aren't willing, don't even bother calling, we won't answer the phone for anything less than crazy offers

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:08 PM
  #32
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,394
vCash: 5602
Consider that the second a Luongo-to-Florida trade is completed, the Panthers lose all leverage on a Markstrom trade. They wouldn't and shouldn't give him away, but maybe you get a decent player like Read and/or exchange of draft pick(s). It's the reason why the Canucks held on to Schneider all these years, his value to the Canucks never matched the market, and were fortunate to hold on before he became a Group V UFA

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
  #33
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Consider that the second a Luongo-to-Florida trade is completed, the Panthers lose all leverage on a Markstrom trade. They wouldn't and shouldn't give him away, but maybe you get a decent player like Read and/or exchange of draft pick(s). It's the reason why the Canucks held on to Schneider all these years, his value to the Canucks never matched the market, and were fortunate to hold on before he became a Group V UFA
Agreed. But, The panthers consider luongo a stop gap to when markstrom is ready. Not the long term solution. Acquiring luongo does not change anything about markstrom's status With the team

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
  #34
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Agreed. But, The panthers consider luongo a stop gap to when markstrom is ready. Not the long term solution. Acquiring luongo does not change anything about markstrom's status With the team
You don't simply trade for a player with 10 years and almost 50 million left on his contract to be a stopgap. How long are you guys expecting Markstrom to take to finish developing?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
  #35
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth
 
MacOfNiagara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: United States
Posts: 2,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Markstrom is young and he looks ready, Florida keeps him.
I agree (or at most one more year AHL)

That's why the Luongo to FLA talk makes so little sense to me.

Seems like it would be begging for a Luongo / Schneider situation

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
  #36
capitalsrock
Registered User
 
capitalsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Florida isn't contending so they would be looking to keep their young guy instead of Luongo. Philly however could get Luongo because they are contending for a cup at the moment.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:04 PM
  #37
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On
 
TheRollingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Consider that the second a Luongo-to-Florida trade is completed, the Panthers lose all leverage on a Markstrom trade. They wouldn't and shouldn't give him away, but maybe you get a decent player like Read and/or exchange of draft pick(s). It's the reason why the Canucks held on to Schneider all these years, his value to the Canucks never matched the market, and were fortunate to hold on before he became a Group V UFA
I think the Panthers would have a certain amount of leverage if the Flyers were desperate enough for a goaltender. However, Holmgren could be content with Bryzgalov at the moment.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM
  #38
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Believe it was a Flyers fan who started this thread. You want to know what it would take? That's what it would take. Bourdon and a 2nd isn't going to get you Markstrom. If the Flyers want to go with Bryz, then other teams are totally fine with that.
Oh, so that was the FLA GM responding? Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Heres an idea, how about the Panthers don't ruin their team, and Philly deals with their poor decisions.
And those decisions would be? Are the poor decisions equaled out by having Giroux for 3.75mill/yr?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:18 PM
  #39
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
I think the Panthers would have a certain amount of leverage if the Flyers were desperate enough for a goaltender. However, Holmgren could be content with Bryzgalov at the moment.
How desperate would any team be for an unproven goalie prospect?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:23 PM
  #40
S3rkie
Registered User
 
S3rkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
And those decisions would be? Are the poor decisions equaled out by having Giroux for 3.75mill/yr?
Starts with moving Richards, and ends with signing Bryzgolov to that horrendous deal. Is giroux's contract fantastic yea, but im sure phillys gm wasn't sleeping easy as LA lifted that cup last year.

S3rkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:35 PM
  #41
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Starts with moving Richards, and ends with signing Bryzgolov to that horrendous deal. Is giroux's contract fantastic yea, but im sure phillys gm wasn't sleeping easy as LA lifted that cup last year.
That's a pretty simplistic view...

I'm sure the only reason why LA won the cup was because of Richards. Hell, if Richards would have been traded to Florida I bet they would have won the Cup instead of LA.

The Bryz contract is what it is, and if he doesn't work out his contract will be bought out. So, that's not really a problem. Also, the Carter/Richards trades weren't based on the creating ability to sign Bryz.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
  #42
S3rkie
Registered User
 
S3rkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
That's a pretty simplistic view...

I'm sure the only reason why LA won the cup was because of Richards. Hell, if Richards would have been traded to Florida I bet they would have won the Cup instead of LA.

The Bryz contract is what it is, and if he doesn't work out his contract will be bought out. So, that's not really a problem. Also, the Carter/Richards trades weren't based on the creating ability to sign Bryz.
Didn't say he was the single reason they won, he was a reason. Leadership can do wonderful things. A guy like Richards doesn't only put up points and plays defense. He helps give a team an identity. I was just stating recent bad moves didn't make any correlation to them. I think philly was a hell of a team a few years back, that could've kept pushing for a cup for multiple years. Could have gotten stronger goaltending some other way.

S3rkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:22 PM
  #43
Broad Street Nj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Okay so this is my first post here on these boards but I have been reading the threads for over a year I have been weary of joining HF boards because of what I have seen on valuing and undervaluing prospects I love hockey even though I didn't grow up playing the game I do respect it so with the up most respect there is no way one can say they prefer plecs over coots yes he's more experienced but the age difference is substantial

Broad Street Nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
  #44
glenbuis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
As a neutral bystander I think the thought of Tallon going for Lou to play over Markstrom has to be one of the most rediculous ideas i ever heard. The only way Lou ever plays in Florida is if he get's bought out and he takes a home town discount to back up Markstrom.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
  #45
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Didn't say he was the single reason they won, he was a reason. Leadership can do wonderful things. A guy like Richards doesn't only put up points and plays defense. He helps give a team an identity. I was just stating recent bad moves didn't make any correlation to them. I think philly was a hell of a team a few years back, that could've kept pushing for a cup for multiple years. Could have gotten stronger goaltending some other way.
Your point still doesn't make sense. Teams trade players for a multitude of reasons and you're looking at the Richards trade in a vacuum. Richards and the team had problems, so the team fixed it.

So, if Philly wins a cup in the next 10 years does that make the Richards trade good? Or does it depend on the stats of Schenn/Grossman/Simmonds?

The biggest reason why Philly took a step back was because of the injury to Pronger. Richards leaving may have benefited the team more than it hurt it, regardless of success he experiences elsewhere.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
  #46
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
As a neutral bystander I think the thought of Tallon going for Lou to play over Markstrom has to be one of the most rediculous ideas i ever heard. The only way Lou ever plays in Florida is if he get's bought out and he takes a home town discount to back up Markstrom.
It is insane.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:20 PM
  #47
Sasso09
Registered User
 
Sasso09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Kulikov + Markstrom for Couturier + Meszaros
That's a great trade if Florida gets Luongo... Great for both teams

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:37 PM
  #48
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Starts with moving Richards, and ends with signing Bryzgolov to that horrendous deal. Is giroux's contract fantastic yea, but im sure phillys gm wasn't sleeping easy as LA lifted that cup last year.
Had to have said it a million times: Richards wasn't moved for Bryzgalov. We had the $$$ to sign Bryz once Carter was traded. Richards was moved for another reason (whatever it was).

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:44 PM
  #49
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On
 
TheRollingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
That's a great trade if Florida gets Luongo... Great for both teams
For Philly, yeah.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:45 PM
  #50
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,800
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Didn't say he was the single reason they won, he was a reason. Leadership can do wonderful things. A guy like Richards doesn't only put up points and plays defense. He helps give a team an identity. I was just stating recent bad moves didn't make any correlation to them. I think philly was a hell of a team a few years back, that could've kept pushing for a cup for multiple years. Could have gotten stronger goaltending some other way.
How are the Flyers any further from winning the cup than they were when Richards was on the team? Really, I'd love to know. For that last time though, Richards wasn't moved for Bryzgalov. He was traded for some other reason that continues to be speculated about to this very day.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.