HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Phoenix Coyotes Roster

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 09:36 AM
  #26
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,852
vCash: 500
LaBarbera was a great back up in his first season here. Who knows, maybe he will bookend his career in phoenix. Here's to hoping.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:52 PM
  #27
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 1329
DM was just on 1060 and said he talked to 8 teams today regarding each others needs, bring back the trade talk.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:52 PM
  #28
zerekstar
Registered User
 
zerekstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Thunderbay, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Long lay offs are tough for older players which makes me think Sullivan is going to struggle with the short season. But we look pretty sound so I don't think it will matter much. Having too much star power is often just as detrimental as not having enough but I like our balance. I think we will be fine.

zerekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:39 PM
  #29
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
LaBarbera was a great back up in his first season here. Who knows, maybe he will bookend his career in phoenix. Here's to hoping.
Based on what I saw his career prior and last season, I say it was luck.

Small sample size.

Plus that 09/10 team was a shot blocking machine. Still have some good shot blockers around here but not nearly the team level of commitment to it. I'd like to see that return as well given the loss of some offensive firepower.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:12 PM
  #30
korpedo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
do you guys think visentin will get a shot at backup next year, if he stays on pace?


i dont want Labarbera personally in net

korpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:32 PM
  #31
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post
do you guys think visentin will get a shot at backup next year, if he stays on pace?
This is all going to depend on what happens with Smith this year. If he plays even at 75% of what he was last season I expect we lock him up for 3-4 years. At that point I could see them moving on from Labarbera.

But if Smith isn't retained for whatever reason, I think they keep Labarbera and find a 1 year stop gap. Then re-evaluate.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
  #32
Ted Mosby
Registered User
 
Ted Mosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MacLaren's
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
Looking at his numbers, LaBarbera had a decent GAA and Sv% for a backup. I'm sure you could even find a few starters with similar numbers. It's just that atrocious win/loss record...

Ted Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:29 PM
  #33
drgregg
Registered User
 
drgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
DM was just on 1060 and said he talked to 8 teams today regarding each others needs, bring back the trade talk.
Glad to hear he is putting the feelers out. Our offseason was a bit of a letdown, and I feel that having Johnson and Chipchura as regulars is something that needs to be addressed.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:31 PM
  #34
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Glad to hear he is putting the feelers out. Our offseason was a bit of a letdown, and I feel that having Johnson and Chipchura as regulars is something that needs to be addressed.
Why? They're great 4th liners. That's what Johnson was brought in for. Every team needs a true grind line, and I think this years will be Tippett's best.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:38 PM
  #35
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
I just talked to Sarah McLellan, she says that scoring is Maloney's number one need right now, and he's looking. Said most likely looking for centers and possibly right wingers.

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:51 PM
  #36
drgregg
Registered User
 
drgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I just talked to Sarah McLellan, she says that scoring is Maloney's number one need right now, and he's looking. Said most likely looking for centers and possibly right wingers.
I agree with this assessment, we do need more scoring depth in our offense. It will be scoring by committee again this year, so we could use some more help. Can't wait for things to get underway.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
  #37
drgregg
Registered User
 
drgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Why? They're great 4th liners. That's what Johnson was brought in for. Every team needs a true grind line, and I think this years will be Tippett's best.
Fair enough, I didn't mean it as a slight against them. I meant that we need to improve the depth chart as a whole up front.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:01 PM
  #38
canucks95
Registered User
 
canucks95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
What do you guys expect Rundblad's role to be this season? Up and down from the AHL?

canucks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:08 PM
  #39
moosemeister
Registered User
 
moosemeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks95 View Post
What do you guys expect Rundblad's role to be this season? Up and down from the AHL?
I say entire year down in the AHL unless the powerplay is abysmal again.

moosemeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
  #40
canucks95
Registered User
 
canucks95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
I say entire year down in the AHL unless the powerplay is abysmal again.
Does he have a future with the Yotes?

Also, do you think he is not ready? Or more so because of the amount of depth you guys have on the back-end?

canucks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
  #41
moosemeister
Registered User
 
moosemeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks95 View Post
Does he have a future with the Yotes?

Also, do you think he is not ready? Or more so because of the amount of depth you guys have on the back-end?
We have so many good defenders, I think he is just going to miss his chance because someone better is playing.

We do need one great more puck moving defender that's a right hand shot. It's going to come down to that 6th place, which currently Schlemko owns. If Schlemko is playing at a bad level, we do have Stone and Summers who could come in right away and play that position too.

Rundblad needs a full year in the AHL, and that's where I think he's going to be. If our Powerplay is horrible like it has been, Rundblad may get the call, but that's the only reason he would get call. If there is an injury, I see Stone or Summers coming up and playing

But to answer your question, he does have a future with this team. =)

moosemeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
  #42
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 11,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks95 View Post
Does he have a future with the Yotes?

Also, do you think he is not ready? Or more so because of the amount of depth you guys have on the back-end?
Probably a little bit of both. We are very deep with nhl ready defensemen, and Tippett always demands a high amount responsibility in the defensive zone so I imagine he will only be used as an injury call-up this year.

CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:17 PM
  #43
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks95 View Post
Does he have a future with the Yotes?

Also, do you think he is not ready? Or more so because of the amount of depth you guys have on the back-end?
With how desperate we are for offense, I'd think if they considered Rundblad ready Maloney would make him a spot by shipping someone out.

But given the history of development with defensemen around here, he'll slowly transition onto the team as he's more and more ready. There won't be a hard cut period where they just toss him a roster spot.

Look at how Yandle and OEL entered, and Schlemko to a lesser extent. All of three played a half season before getting a full time spot.

But I think it's pretty clear right now that Rundblad isn't ready for that half season yet.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:17 PM
  #44
canucks95
Registered User
 
canucks95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
Probably a little bit of both. We are very deep with nhl ready defensemen, and Tippett always demands a high amount responsibility in the defensive zone so I imagine he will only be used as an injury call-up this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
We have so many good defenders, I think he is just going to miss his chance because someone better is playing.

We do need one great more puck moving defender that's a right hand shot. It's going to come down to that 6th place, which currently Schlemko owns. If Schlemko is playing at a bad level, we do have Stone and Summers who could come in right away and play that position too.

Rundblad needs a full year in the AHL, and that's where I think he's going to be. If our Powerplay is horrible like it has been, Rundblad may get the call, but that's the only reason he would get call. If there is an injury, I see Stone or Summers coming up and playing

But to answer your question, he does have a future with this team. =)
Alright, thanks a lot for the info guys I have been quite high on Rundblad, and he has produced well in the minors, so was just wondering why he wasn't in a lot of your rosters.

Best of luck this year guys

canucks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:17 PM
  #45
drgregg
Registered User
 
drgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
Probably a little bit of both. We are very deep with nhl ready defensemen, and Tippett always demands a high amount responsibility in the defensive zone so I imagine he will only be used as an injury call-up this year.
Agreed our depth on defense is really something. By all accounts Rundblad is a special player, but also needs work on his defense. If he can do the work, there will be a place on this team for someone with his offense and talent.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:18 PM
  #46
drgregg
Registered User
 
drgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Check out the Mike Smith thread on the main board, it's good for a few yucks.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:24 PM
  #47
moosemeister
Registered User
 
moosemeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Check out the Mike Smith thread on the main board, it's good for a few yucks.
I posted in that bad boy. Probably going to get torn a new one. But, oh well. lol

moosemeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:25 PM
  #48
canucks95
Registered User
 
canucks95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Agreed our depth on defense is really something. By all accounts Rundblad is a special player, but also needs work on his defense. If he can do the work, there will be a place on this team for someone with his offense and talent.
Agreed as a Canucks fan I am very envious, OEL is my favorite D in the game, then you've got of course Yandle, solid vets and a bunch of NHL ready younger guys, and Gormley and Murphy whom I also believe will be really solid guys down the road.

canucks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
  #49
drgregg
Registered User
 
drgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
I posted in that bad boy. Probably going to get torn a new one. But, oh well. lol
ditto, gotta love the playoff gifs.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:33 PM
  #50
drgregg
Registered User
 
drgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks95 View Post
Agreed as a Canucks fan I am very envious, OEL is my favorite D in the game, then you've got of course Yandle, solid vets and a bunch of NHL ready younger guys, and Gormley and Murphy whom I also believe will be really solid guys down the road.
Thanks, I burned a lot of midnight oil putting that defense corps together.

The Coyotes do look set on D for the forseeable future, if everyone continues progressing. OEL also does look to be a very special player.

But as a Canucks fan, you have plenty to be envied about yourself that is a strong roster. Best of luck this season.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.