HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs-Flyers proposal

Old
01-07-2013, 09:07 PM
jayball75

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I'm sorry what?

Most flyers fans see Laughton as a 3rd or 4th line center that is still a few years out. This trade makes us worse now and in the future. Pass.
What is that cat running across the bottom of your post for?

Last edited by jayball75: 01-07-2013 at 09:20 PM.
jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Couturier is the greatest defensive player to ever play, not sure you how guys can't realize this. Plekanec would be lucky to pay for lessons from him.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
glenbuis

I think the habs could do better that Voracek and Couturier. Couturier may become fantastic defensively but I'd like to see more from him offensively. Also something more grittier than Voracek as well.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Couturier is definitely a better defensive player than Plekanec
Take of your homer glasses for a second and you'll see that it's ridiculous. I'm sure Couturier is doing fine on the 2nd unit of your 17th ranked PK, but he's not as good as Plekanec.

Maybe one day Couturier will be as good as Plekanec defensively, but right now it's Plekanec>>>>Couturier

Last edited by sharks9: 01-08-2013 at 07:55 AM.
sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Couturier is the greatest defensive player to ever play, not sure you how guys can't realize this. Plekanec would be lucky to pay for lessons from him.
Ask Malkin.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Ask Malkin.
8 points in 6 games is awful, I agree. And before you say "but he wasn't on the ice for all those points", you have to take into account the fact that I don't care.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:55 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
He's sure. We have: Eller (good two way centre with potential), Plekanec (great two way centre who's in his prime), Desharnais (a pretty young playmaker with potential), Galchenyuk (superstar potential)... who is he going to displace? Desharnais and Plekanec have chemistry and are arguably better right now than Couturier, and Galchenyuk is well on his way. Heck even Eller could out do Couturier career wise, quite easily. He simply doesn't fit well. I like the kid (even if he's older than me.......), but he simply doesn't fit.

OT: PK will never go, at least until he reaches his potential or busts. He could be such a great defenseman, he's a fan favourite, and he's just plain exciting to watch!
Sorry, but if you can get Couturier, you send Lars Eller packing everywhere for whatever you can get. Or play Eller at wing.

I wouldn't necessarily make that deal, but having Lars Eller in the lineup is NOT a reason to turn down a trade involving Couturier getting to Montreal.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
What do Hab/Flyer fans think of this trade:

Subban+Plekanecs+Palushaj

for

Couturier+Voracek+Bourdon

Why Flyers consider it? IMO Flyers have Laughton coming along to eventually replace Couturier and get PK to replace Pronger's minutes and a SOLID #2 center NOW to go for it this year.

Why Habs consider it? IMO Habs get a young-strong defensive C for many years in Couturier which allows Deharnais and Elller to take more offensive rolls (+Galyenchuck) a solid winger top 6 winger in Voracek (to displace Bourque on the top 6) and a solid young D-man with toughness. We have solid D prospects in Beaulieu/Tinordi/Bennet.

Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-Gorges
Boullion-Diaz/Weber/Bourdon

Cole-Deharnais-Pacioretty
Voracek-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Couturier-Armstrong/Bourque
Moen-Gomez/Nokelainen-White

Discuss.....
Am I the only one annoyed by this?

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:23 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Pleks is very good defensively. but to say that Couturier isn't at least as good defensively, and to not acknowledge the fact that Couturier was that good defensively as an 18/19 year old is completely short sighted. I'm really trying not to be a homer, and I'm not trying to over rate couturier at all. but if you really watched him play this season, you could tell that he is really something special. i like PK. i don't love him, and while he might have more value than couts right now, I'm not sure that he's the defenseman we need. i say no to this trade. i really like couturiers upside, and i know it's been beaten to death, but if we had any interest in trading him, we would have when Nashville asked for him for Weber. that's how good our organization thinks this kid can be, and i would be extremely pissed off if we decided to say no to a trade for weber because it included Couturier, and then turned around and traded him for subban....

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Broad Street Nj

Sorry I posted my original message in the wrong thread but I am very new member but I have been reading these threads for over a year and have been weary of joining HF boards because of multiple reasons especially since I'm not a hockey background but I do respect hockey players and all there work but with the up most respect but how can you not taken coots over plecs that age difference is substantial I'll take the younger player any day

Broad Street Nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:35 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Flyers get wrecked in this one. I think a Subban for Voracek base could be interesting though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Sorry, but if you can get Couturier, you send Lars Eller packing everywhere for whatever you can get. Or play Eller at wing.

I wouldn't necessarily make that deal, but having Lars Eller in the lineup is NOT a reason to turn down a trade involving Couturier getting to Montreal.
We've got something good as it is with Lars, he's shown flashes of brilliance and COULD be better than Sean down the road. He's our third line centre and Sean is not worth the price involved with the minimal, if any, of an upgrade for our THIRD line.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Pleks is very good defensively. but to say that Couturier isn't at least as good defensively, and to not acknowledge the fact that Couturier was that good defensively as an 18/19 year old is completely short sighted. I'm really trying not to be a homer, and I'm not trying to over rate couturier at all. but if you really watched him play this season, you could tell that he is really something special. i like PK. i don't love him, and while he might have more value than couts right now, I'm not sure that he's the defenseman we need. i say no to this trade. i really like couturiers upside, and i know it's been beaten to death, but if we had any interest in trading him, we would have when Nashville asked for him for Weber. that's how good our organization thinks this kid can be, and i would be extremely pissed off if we decided to say no to a trade for weber because it included Couturier, and then turned around and traded him for subban....
Probably because for the millionth time, the Flyers turned down Couturier AND Schenn ++ for Weber, not Couturier for Weber.

If Holmgren turned down Couturier for Weber, he should be fired.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:38 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Couturier, I've never even heard of mentioned in potential Selke winner lists of the future. Subban, I've heard could be a potential Norris winner. Subban is a hell of a lot more important to the future and now in Montreal. A #1 d-man is the most important player on the team, in my opinion. Montreal has enough centres, especially with Galchenyuk coming, who projects to be a 85+ point player who is strong defensively.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Couturier, I've never even heard of mentioned in potential Selke winner lists of the future. Subban, I've heard could be a potential Norris winner. Subban is a hell of a lot more important to the future and now in Montreal. A #1 d-man is the most important player on the team, in my opinion. Montreal has enough centres, especially with Galchenyuk coming, who projects to be a 85+ point player who is strong defensively.
are you kidding me? that's a joke right?

maybe you should take your Habs headphones off. Couturier has a better chance at winning a selke than Subban has at winning a Norris. Especially with guys like Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Karlsson etc.

sorry, but i won't base my judgement off of who you've heard people say might win certain trophies in the future, but i'm willing to make a bet that Subban will never win a norris in his career.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Are you really saying that right now Couts > Pleks defensivly. If so, that's more then laughable.
Yes. Yes he is.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Stizzle

Does a trade or poll involving Couturier have to be posted every single day on this board? Seriously people, he is not getting traded. I know the Flyers are deep at center, could use a number one defenseman, but this is a very special player. Ed Snider is said to be a huge Couts backer. That alone says he won't be traded.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Am I the only one annoyed by this?
Nope. Completely ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Take of your homer glasses for a second and you'll see that it's ridiculous. I'm sure Couturier is doing fine on the 2nd unit of your 17th ranked PP, but he's not as good as Plekanec.

Maybe one day Couturier will be as good as Plekanec defensively, but right now it's Plekanec>>>>Couturier
Couts being on the PP (which he wasn't) has nothing to do with his defensively play, which is better than Plekanec's.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:08 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Does a trade or poll involving Couturier have to be posted every single day on this board? Seriously people, he is not getting traded. I know the Flyers are deep at center, could use a number one defenseman, but this is a very special player. Ed Snider is said to be a huge Couts backer. That alone says he won't be traded.
aka Richards - Gretzky - Chelios - Messier ...... ALL players can be traded!

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:13 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Nope. Completely ridiculous

Couts being on the PP (which he wasn't) has nothing to do with his defensively play, which is better than Plekanec's.
younger legs + more feisty - does not equal savvy and better defensive play - #2PK vs #what? (and with you having a better D last year (No Markov here)) get your **** straight .....Pleks is a better player NOW on both ends of the ice - Couts will be long term - you biatches are in the "GAME" to win NOW - we ARE NOT! Gotta gamble to win sometimes!!

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
joke? Must be.... Couturier is constantly talked about for future Selke and is better defensively than Pleks is right now.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
younger legs + more feisty - does not equal savvy and better defensive play - #2PK vs #what? (and with you having a better D last year (No Markov here)) get your **** straight .....Pleks is a better player NOW on both ends of the ice - Couts will be long term - you biatches are in the "GAME" to win NOW - we ARE NOT! Gotta gamble to win sometimes!!
Noone is arguing Pleks is better than couturier now... He is.. But defensively the advantage is couturiers

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:28 PM
glenbuis

Right now both Subban and Couturier are equal in Valu. Because of age and skill both are worth more than plekanac. Subban for Couturier could be justified either way. If i was trading Plekanac it wouldn't be to the flyers. It would be for a building block of a different sort. You know the thought of Couturier, Galy and Eller down the middle seems completely ok with me.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Right now both Subban and Couturier are equal in Valu. Because of age and skill both are worth more than plekanac. Subban for Couturier could be justified either way. If i was trading Plekanac it wouldn't be to the flyers. It would be for a building block of a different sort. You know the thought of Couturier, Galy and Eller down the middle seems completely ok with me.
No they are not equal in value. A franchise defenseman always holds more value than a franchise forward.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:27 AM
AmeriHab

Couturier still is sitting behind Schenn and that other guy? oh what's his name... Giroux! How long till the guy is sick of playing 3rd line center and never getting a real shot and wants a trade? Jordan Stall 2.0?

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
You're seriously comparing Schenn to Malkin?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote