HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary - Minnesota

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
  #1
Deen
Registered User
 
Deen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,306
vCash: 400
Calgary - Minnesota

Get - Cal Clutterbuck

Get - Chris Butler

Flames benefit by getting some muscle which they have been looking for in their bottom six even before the lockout.

Minnesota benefits with a cheap young defenseman to help the youth movement and keep them under the cap.

Deal?

Deen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
  #2
Minimalist*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Not a chance Minnesota takes that.

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:01 PM
  #3
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,148
vCash: 500
and why the hell would the Wild do that?

LiquidSnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:01 PM
  #4
RA9
Registered User
 
RA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 500
Flames take this and run.

Not a snowballs chance in hell Minnesota accepts.

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:06 PM
  #5
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,471
vCash: 500
Agreed, no way in hell would we do that. We could get much more for Clutter, especially if we put him in a package deal and trade for a top 4 d-man. The Flames don't have any d-men I'd be interested in right now so I doubt these teams make good trading partners anyways.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:09 PM
  #6
Deen
Registered User
 
Deen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,306
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Agreed, no way in hell would we do that. We could get much more for Clutter, especially if we put him in a package deal and trade for a top 4 d-man. The Flames don't have any d-men I'd be interested in right now so I doubt these teams make good trading partners anyways.
Butler has played top line minutes with Bouwmeester.

Deen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:09 PM
  #7
FlamesFan18
Registered User
 
FlamesFan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 662
vCash: 500
Value wise it hurts the Wild. But I also think it makes the Flames a worse team.

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:15 PM
  #8
Deen
Registered User
 
Deen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,306
vCash: 400
http://flamesnation.ca/2012/11/9/chr...than-you-think

Not sure everyone knows who he is.

Deen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
  #9
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,973
vCash: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
as long as that site isn't bias.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:20 PM
  #10
Deen
Registered User
 
Deen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,306
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
as long as that site isn't bias.
Feel free to show me your source on Chris Butler news.

Deen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:24 PM
  #11
Minimalist*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Feel free to show me your source on Chris Butler news.
Not to defend that guy, but the value still isn't close at all. Clutterbuck could command a first rounder at the deadline. He brings so much to a lineup, and teams looking to go deep would line up to acquire his services.

Butler? Not so much. A bottom pairing Dman on most teams, and not able to crack the lineup of teams with strong D cores.

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:43 PM
  #12
Deen
Registered User
 
Deen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,306
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post
Not to defend that guy, but the value still isn't close at all. Clutterbuck could command a first rounder at the deadline. He brings so much to a lineup, and teams looking to go deep would line up to acquire his services.

Butler? Not so much. A bottom pairing Dman on most teams, and not able to crack the lineup of teams with strong D cores.
Butler plays over 21 minutes a game.

Deen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:55 PM
  #13
Langdon Alger*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Butler plays over 21 minutes a game.
... 19 of which are spent bottled up in his own zone after he makes a stupid turnover or gets knocked off the puck by a slight breeze or errant fart.

I'm as big a Flames homer as you'll find, and even I can't see why anyone would give up valuable assets for Chris Butler. Hell, the main reason Bouwmeester looked so bad last year is because he had to cover for Butler being a dumbass every shift.

Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:25 AM
  #14
Sharppi
Nothing to see here
 
Sharppi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,995
vCash: 500
Yeah, Wild says hell no. Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. Valuewise not even close.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:34 AM
  #15
nabob
Hall for captain
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Butler has played top line minutes with Bouwmeester.
MAB played top line minutes with Pronger in Edmonton.

Maybe the Oilers should sign him again and trade him for Dustin Brown.

Butler sucks

nabob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:18 AM
  #16
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Get - Cal Clutterbuck

Get - Chris Butler

Flames benefit by getting some muscle which they have been looking for in their bottom six even before the lockout.

Minnesota benefits with a cheap young defenseman to help the youth movement and keep them under the cap.

Deal?
Allow me to counter

CAL gets CAL (get it )

MIN gets Sven Baertschi





yeah your offer is that bad

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:04 AM
  #17
LukeD
On Fire
 
LukeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,769
vCash: 500
No way Wild do this. Butler is weak.

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:36 AM
  #18
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,556
vCash: 656
No takebacks. Thank you!

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:17 AM
  #19
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
At 31yo, Sergei Makarov was a bit old to win the calder memorial trophy for the rookie of the year. That is a good thing they changed the rule to a maximum of 26yo.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:07 AM
  #20
DropIt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
What?

DropIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:32 AM
  #21
wingfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Allow me to counter

CAL gets CAL (get it )

MIN gets Sven Baertschi





yeah your offer is that bad
Allow me to put this in perspective for you, and all Wild fans.

Det gets:
Chris Butler

Cal gets:
Jordin TooToo

Doesn't seem bad right? It's not. Now replace that name with Clutterbuck becasuse they have roughly the same value, you guys can't see it though. Tootoo had more points last year in fewer games, and nearly as many PIM's. The overvaluation of Minny trade assets/prospects is sickening. Your 3rd/4th line depth players do not justify a top 4 dman, top 6 forward, or 1st round pick, no matter how you pair them.

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:44 AM
  #22
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post
Allow me to put this in perspective for you, and all Wild fans.

Det gets:
Chris Butler

Cal gets:
Jordin TooToo

Doesn't seem bad right? It's not. Now replace that name with Clutterbuck becasuse they have roughly the same value, you guys can't see it though. Tootoo had more points last year in fewer games, and nearly as many PIM's. The overvaluation of Minny trade assets/prospects is sickening. Your 3rd/4th line depth players do not justify a top 4 dman, top 6 forward, or 1st round pick, no matter how you pair them.
Was Tootoo a fan favorite in Nashville that received more applause than any other player in the line-up? Did Tootoo score 15 goals as a 3rd liner? Does Tootoo throw his body around like he doesn't even care what happens to him and consistently lead the league in hits?

Clutterbuck is not your average 3rd liner, period. He's a fan favorite here and it's going to take more than just a 2nd round pick or bottom pairing d-man to get him out of here.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:39 PM
  #23
wingfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Was Tootoo a fan favorite in Nashville that received more applause than any other player in the line-up? Did Tootoo score 15 goals as a 3rd liner? Does Tootoo throw his body around like he doesn't even care what happens to him and consistently lead the league in hits?

Clutterbuck is not your average 3rd liner, period. He's a fan favorite here and it's going to take more than just a 2nd round pick or bottom pairing d-man to get him out of here.
I can put my original, beat up ipod on ebay for $500 because that's what I think it's worth. It does not mean that others see the same value. Clutterbuck, to anyone who isn't a Wild fan, is a depth forward. He would probably play 4th line minutes on the Red Wings. He does not warrant a top 4 defenseman. If your fan base is so rabid about him, why get rid of him. I can't imagine Detroit getting rid of Darren Hel
, even for a top 4 defenseman, which he does not warrant.

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:47 PM
  #24
ThatGuy22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post
Allow me to put this in perspective for you, and all Wild fans.

Det gets:
Chris Butler

Cal gets:
Jordin TooToo

Doesn't seem bad right? It's not. Now replace that name with Clutterbuck becasuse they have roughly the same value, you guys can't see it though. Tootoo had more points last year in fewer games, and nearly as many PIM's. The overvaluation of Minny trade assets/prospects is sickening. Your 3rd/4th line depth players do not justify a top 4 dman, top 6 forward, or 1st round pick, no matter how you pair them.
Its not an over-valuation, damn near every fanbase has interest in him. Search the trade forums and see how many offers there are involving him.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:49 PM
  #25
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,880
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon Alger View Post
... 19 of which are spent bottled up in his own zone after he makes a stupid turnover or gets knocked off the puck by a slight breeze or errant fart.

I'm as big a Flames homer as you'll find, and even I can't see why anyone would give up valuable assets for Chris Butler. Hell, the main reason Bouwmeester looked so bad last year is because he had to cover for Butler being a dumbass every shift.
The value isn't good but Butler gets so **** on you would think Calgary traded Iginla for him. He spends the entire time playing against teams top lines and starts the second least amount of shifts in the offensive zone. He lead the league in corsi rel QoC. He had less turn overs then Gio did in 7 more games playing against first lines when Gio got second lines and played over 2 minutes of pk time a night all of this in only his second season playing over 50 games. Jbo had worse +- with every other partner than Butler Jbo looked bad because of Sutter not Butler. Outside of the Boston game where everyone looked like **** he was a -2 on team that was -9 without the boston game.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.