HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): ESPN: Eagles Land Kelly (Jan. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
He didn't do so well when he was a head coach before IIRC....

And as if he'd leave Alabama....
Bill Belichik and Pete Carroll's first trips to the NFL weren't rousing successes either, but no one is complaining now. I agree that Sabin isn't leaving, but don't be naïve to think that he couldn't be successful at the NFL level in the right situation.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
He didn't do so well when he was a head coach before IIRC....

And as if he'd leave Alabama....
He went 9-7 with Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels as his QBs in his first year and then 6-10 the next season with Joey Harrington, Dante Culpepper with one knee, and Cleo Lemon. I'd hardly call his time in the NFL a failure.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus View Post
would be 1 guy i would strongly consider for dc for the eagles. would he be available, i would sure think so. but i wouldnt put it past new england to talk to him this offseason. but new england has switched to a 4-3 hybrid, romeo is a 3-4 guy. but the one area of a teams defense that he would greatly improve would be the defensive backfield. and he operates in zone a fair bit and man to man, not that much. being an old giants,jets,cleveland browns, new england pat, almost everywhere bb has coached would build close family ties to new england., but his style of coaching d has not changed, where as bb has. he has gone 4-3 and mostly man, and romeo is a 3-4,zone guy. are the eagles able to switch to a 3-4. with the eagles defense loaded with pretty good quality d-linemen, would be more suitable for a 4-3. but the big trick to switching to 3-4 is their a 4-3 de that can move to 3-4 olb, so can vinny curry,graham and such be able to develop into an elephant be a mike vrabel or willie mcginnest in the 3-4, if they can, then i highly reccommend romeo crennel.
Graham might be able to transition to a 3-4 OLB and thrive. They would need a big, nasty NT, though. Don't know if Star would still be available. I don't know if that type of change would be the best move for the Eagles, but I am ready for something fresh, that is for sure. And if we hire a younger HC, I would prefer veteran coordinators. At least one of the two.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:48 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
He went 9-7 with Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels as his QBs in his first year and then 6-10 the next season with Joey Harrington, Dante Culpepper with one knee, and Cleo Lemon. I'd hardly call his time in the NFL a failure.
Yup. I dislike Saban as much as anyone, mostly for his arrogance, but his NFL time was only average because he never got to get they guy at QB that he wanted. I believe he was adamant about getting Brees, and he eventually ended up in New Orleans. We all know how that turned out for the Saints. He had to settle for Culpepper who was already past his prime.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:49 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
As long as Howie Roseman is the great football mind drafting players, wtf does it matter who the coach is?
This. I'm honestly convinced that a lot of guys will turn down the job solely because Roseman is the GM.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:58 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
This. I'm honestly convinced that a lot of guys will turn down the job solely because Roseman is the GM.
Well with the candidates left, I think they would just be happy to get a HC position. It's the coaches in high demand that you have to worry about.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Looks like i didnt recall correctly lol. Perfect example as to how record isnt everything i guess

Old
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I would be very surprised if this was the case. There are few GM/Head coach positions left in the league, mainly because people see this hasn't worked well over the years. Reid getting full control in KC was pretty shocking in that regard.

Most candidates will expect to work with a GM, particularly guys who haven't been HC before. The Eagles position certainly has plenty of draws: a major franchise, a huge and dedicated fanbase (I guess this could go either way), good facilities, an owner who wants to win, and plenty of national exposure on TV.

My first choice would be McCoy, and if he could get a Romeo Crennel that would be nice. After that is the Seattle DC (forget his name) or Bruce Arians, who has done a hell of a job in Indy this year.

For the love of God, though, NO GRUDENS. And Saban, after his BS at the end of his run with the Dolphins where he tucked his tail between his legs and ran away to Alabama, can suck it too.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:00 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
I would be very surprised if this was the case. There are few GM/Head coach positions left in the league, mainly because people see this hasn't worked well over the years. Reid getting full control in KC was pretty shocking in that regard.

Most candidates will expect to work with a GM, particularly guys who haven't been HC before. The Eagles position certainly has plenty of draws: a major franchise, a huge and dedicated fanbase (I guess this could go either way), good facilities, an owner who wants to win, and plenty of national exposure on TV.

My first choice would be McCoy, and if he could get a Romeo Crennel that would be nice. After that is the Seattle DC (forget his name) or Bruce Arians, who has done a hell of a job in Indy this year.

For the love of God, though, NO GRUDENS. And Saban, after his BS at the end of his run with the Dolphins where he tucked his tail between his legs and ran away to Alabama, can suck it too.

Gus Bradley. He's got that fire. We basically need a coach that will come in and have press conferences and make speeches to get the players and the fans to believe again. The same thing O'Brien did with Penn State.

Old
01-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Im starting to lean towards Saban, but they probably have no interest.

Old
01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I read somewhere (Twitter?) that Lovie Smith is being interviewed. I'd be more than happy to have him.

EDIT:

Quote:
The Eagles announced Tuesday that Smith will interview with the team on Thursday. Smith's nine-season run with the Chicago Bears came to an end when he was fired by the team last Monday.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...delphia-eagles

Last edited by DrinkFightFlyers: 01-08-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 06:13 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
He already bombed in the NFL, didn't he?

Old
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post

I don't think any of the coaches interviewed want full control. They just know Roseman is a terrible GM.

Old
01-08-2013, 06:22 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Saban is not going to leave Alabama. He's on the top of the college football world and he still makes a hell of a salary at Alabama. Plus, I think his act wears thin on a lot of professional players. He's a his way or the highway kind of guy; and that's the kind of attitude that NFL egos rebel against.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:02 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Well with the candidates left, I think they would just be happy to get a HC position. It's the coaches in high demand that you have to worry about.
I don't want a coach that is cool with semi-solid turds like Watkins being drafted in the first round. Roseman has got to go before this team will succeed, but Lurie doesn't have the stones.

I have no idea why that fetus head Lurie has such a commitment to Roseman.

Last edited by StevensCakeBakerBacker: 01-08-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 09:10 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
I don't want a coach that is cool with semi-solid turds like Watkins being drafted in the first round. Roseman has got to go before this team will succeed, but Lurie doesn't have the stones.

I have no idea why that fetus head Lurie has such a commitment to Roseman.
He just signed him to an extension, that's why.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:26 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
He just signed him to an extension, that's why.
He agreed to a lifetime contract with his wife and dropped her... What's this Roseman fella got on Jeffy?

Old
01-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Krishna

RG3 tore his ACL and LCL

Old
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
RG3 tore his ACL and LCL
glad he won me my fantasy league this year. hopefully he has an AP type return

Old
01-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
The Eagles spoke with Brian Kelly, apparently they may meet again.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:55 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
The Eagles spoke with Brian Kelly, apparently they may meet again.
Woah. I may be able to get behind that. A bit of a gimmicky offense, but the guy has won everywhere he's been.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:22 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
RG3 tore his ACL and LCL
He's fragile and it will only get worse. He's dynamic, but I'm not sure he'll be in the league in 3 years.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
He's fragile and it will only get worse. He's dynamic, but I'm not sure he'll be in the league in 3 years.
Not if Shanahan is his coach. Mike once played Terell Davis when he had such a bad migraine he couldn't see, and last week played a clearly injured franchise quarterback who couldn't run or throw.

One would think a blind player, or a QB who can't throw or run, should be sat so they don't hurt themselves. Mike? Nah. Cart em out! Let's see what happens!

01-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Krishna

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Rob Chudzinksi is a done deal. He is the Browns new head coach. Confirmed.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Krishna

This Broncos and Ravens game is great

Closed Thread