HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Erik Karlsson Thread

View Poll Results: Does karlsson break the senators points record for a defenseman?
Yes 180 93.26%
No 13 6.74%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-04-2012, 05:08 PM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
Greening plays less on the PK than Karlsson does. When will this forum stop playing with his junk and call him out for the abysmal defensive forward he really is?
They go on about it during the broadcasts as well. I really like Greening, but he is not the solid defensive player like some would suggest

SlapJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:43 PM
kellmuff96

Did anyone notice that the NHL took away an assist from Karlsson?

Last Sunday's game he got an assist taken away from him on the final goal of the game

I didnt even realize until I checked the stats today and noticed he was only on 78 pts.

If you watch the vid of the Turris goal, Neil never touches it so that's the 3rd time this year Karlsson got robbed of a point that I can recall.

Would have been nice for him to tie Lidstroms record. Now he needs 2 pts tomorrow

kellmuff96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:42 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
Last Sunday's game he got an assist taken away from him on the final goal of the game

I didnt even realize until I checked the stats today and noticed he was only on 78 pts.

If you watch the vid of the Turris goal, Neil never touches it so that's the 3rd time this year Karlsson got robbed of a point that I can recall.

Would have been nice for him to tie Lidstroms record. Now he needs 2 pts tomorrow
He was actually rewarded the assist for the other time they took his point. There was once where he should have gotten it(was very clear as well) but they never gave that one back.

The goal with Neil involved, he did touch it, you can see it clear on the side angle.

Anyway, Karlsson's come this far, I believe he can get 2 points.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:47 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I'm a Habs fan and I was rewatching his draft in 2008. He was listed at 5'10 and 157 lbs! Everybody in Ottawa was excited but didn't know who he was..but then classic Pierre McGuire said yelled to the crowd that he's good! Damn, who would have thought he would turn out to be so dominant and now a Norris Trophy winner. TSN were comparing him to Brian Rafalski..forget that, he's the next superstar swedish defenseman. Great catch by Murray and cie. I would have taken him 2nd overall if it was today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOTrs7UgyDE

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Pietrangelo is better

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:02 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I'm a Habs fan and I was rewatching his draft in 2008. He was listed at 5'10 and 157 lbs! Everybody in Ottawa was excited but didn't know who he was..but then classic Pierre McGuire said yelled to the crowd that he's good! Damn, who would have thought he would turn out to be so dominant and now a Norris Trophy winner. TSN were comparing him to Brian Rafalski..forget that, he's the next superstar swedish defenseman. Great catch by Murray and cie. I would have taken him 2nd overall if it was today.

I completely agree. Great to see a rival fan appreciating great talent! Amazing watching that video people kept calling him a project, yet he became 2nd youngest in history to win the Norris. His development is unheard of. We are truly blessed to have him.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:30 AM
HavlatMach9

Even if nothing else, you had to be excited in that video when they said he has the best pass and one of the very best vision in the entire draft. He's even shorter that Alfie in the video.
Quote:
Pierre McGuire said yelled to the crowd that he's good!
At least we didn't have other offensive dmen on our team, or McGuire would have ranted about not being an organization need like he did with Price ha ha.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:32 AM
mikey

AFter they shake hands and are walking off stage, Melynk points at Karlsson's back and you just KNOW he asked Alfie if he had heard of this kid.

mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:42 AM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I completely agree. Great to see a rival fan appreciating great talent! Amazing watching that video people kept calling him a project, yet he became 2nd youngest in history to win the Norris. His development is unheard of. We are truly blessed to have him.
Brought back the elite offensive puck moving juggernaut defenseman. His stats by today's output are comparable to Coffey and Orr's during their's. That's just telling you what exactly he is. I knew he was special the first time I watched him. Just the way he glided with the puck picking apart the neutral zone with such ease as a rookie.

The kid is generational talent.

QuietOnTheFront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
Brought back the elite offensive puck moving juggernaut defenseman. His stats by today's output are comparable to Coffey and Orr's during their's. That's just telling you what exactly he is. I knew he was special the first time I watched him. Just the way he glided with the puck picking apart the neutral zone with such ease as a rookie.

Picked a puck off the wall, floated into the middle of the blue, spanked the ice for a fake slapper and then got one through right after. Not even kidding the level that I was a Sens fan went straight up from that moment. He had a confidence in his ability that didnt skip a beat in the NHL despite being way out of his league physically or even in overall preparation. He was a natural with the puck though.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:11 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:

Get out of here, troll!!

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:53 AM
General Granny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Even if nothing else, you had to be excited in that video when they said he has the best pass and one of the very best vision in the entire draft. He's even shorter that Alfie in the video.

At least we didn't have other offensive dmen on our team, or McGuire would have ranted about not being an organization need like he did with Price ha ha.
Or with Edmonton keeps suggesting that they should have took a dman last draft because it was a need.

This is why he would make a terrible GM, he drafts by need and not BPA.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:54 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
Or with Edmonton keeps suggesting that they should have took a dman last draft because it was a need.

This is why he would make a terrible GM, he drafts by need and not BPA.
Most GM's do that, including ours.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:59 AM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post

Pffft, I knew he was special before you knew he was special...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=689773

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:37 AM
kaws

Love what Karlsson said at the end of the video...

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=nhl-latest/l...46283/clip/666

kaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 06:12 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I was interested in Karlsson once I saw all the hype among Red Wings fans about him prior to the draft.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Orr123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaws View Post

That video!! Wow!!! Just makes me SO SO SO excited for tomorrow!

I just love how hard working he is, and how much he wants to just prove people wrong again and again!

Orr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaws View Post

Lol. Brennan acting like he was a Karlsson fan from the start.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:01 AM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Lol. Brennan acting like he was a Karlsson fan from the start.
But... but.... I thought he was a garbage pick.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote