HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 08:46 PM
  #1001
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Let me throw this out there...

Baptiste/Palazzese for DeKort/???

I know nothing and want DeKort to stick around (he's going to be a great goaltender), but if it's Sudbury, then...
I don't think Palazzesse would want any part of that. He's coming to Windsor to be backup to Pavelka?

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:47 PM
  #1002
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
me too

but it would take

ebert
clarke
johnson/marchese
and picks we dont have
Ebert, Clarke, Marchese, and one of the picks we got from Niagara?!

OHLTG is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:47 PM
  #1003
izzys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Let me throw this out there...

Baptiste/Palazzese for DeKort/???

I know nothing and want DeKort to stick around (he's going to be a great goaltender), but if it's Sudbury, then...
i would make that trade and laugh all the way home

izzys is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:47 PM
  #1004
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,712
vCash: 500
Maybe Sudbury with Sefton and Baptiste both are 19 and 17 respectively.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
  #1005
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I don't think Palazzesse would want any part of that. He's coming to Windsor to be backup to Pavelka?
Would you rather be a starter on Sudbury, or a 1B on a Windsor team that could make a run?

OHLTG is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
  #1006
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Maybe Sudbury with Sefton and Baptiste both are 19 and 17 respectively.
Sefton I would take in a heart-beat.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:49 PM
  #1007
izzys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Ebert, Clarke, Marchese, and one of the picks we got from Niagara?!
i would say that plus maybe another 2nd and at least one of our two import draft picks

izzys is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:50 PM
  #1008
Rubbers29
Registered User
 
Rubbers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I don't think Palazzesse would want any part of that. He's coming to Windsor to be backup to Pavelka?
I highly doubt that is in the cards but if it was I think Pavelka would be your back-up not the guy leading the league with a 2.10 GAA

Rubbers29 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:51 PM
  #1009
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Would you rather be a starter on Sudbury, or a 1B on a Windsor team that could make a run?
Sudbury is 4 points out of a top 3 seed, Windsor is 3 points out of 8th or 10th. Yes Sudbury is a better place right now.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:51 PM
  #1010
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,833
vCash: 500
Clarke tweeting about the boys being traded away means he's not the one being dealt.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:54 PM
  #1011
izzys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
i think it maybe be clarke leaving

izzys is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:56 PM
  #1012
izzys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
from what i have been told in the last couple of day phones have been ringing for clarke .....


i know hes not trade yet but wr told clarke about 2 weeks ago he might be on hes way out

izzys is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:01 PM
  #1013
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Sudbury must be sellers at this point when they almost dealt Corrado as well as Hick's cryptic tweet about Levio. Baptist and Sefton would make sense.

Peterborough might as well just quit the league if they sell Quine and Ritchie... their fans (the few that are left) will cast aside this team. Not sure they are in a position to sell those players.

Libbs is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:11 PM
  #1014
big papa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
It could be with Oshawa, One that would help us out both this year and next year is Cole Cassels, 10 G 15 A for 25 points in 37 games on a really good/deep team with an injury to Lessio in Oshawa as a second year player. He plays Center and will be a top 2 next season along with Vail

big papa is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
  #1015
KyGuy9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
2 players I want are Cole Cassels and Nick Ritchie. Both young with tons of potential. I bet we could get both guys using the players listed, Johnson, Clarke, Marchese and the Niagara import pick.

KyGuy9 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:44 PM
  #1016
spits2timechamps
Registered User
 
spits2timechamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Clarke tweeting about the boys being traded away means he's not the one being dealt.

Rychel/Koko/Johnson (johnson has chemistry with koko so it will boost other lines)
Ho-Sang/Vail/Aleardi
Clark/Clarke/Marchese
Bilke/Verbeek/Studi?

Idk Clarke hasn't played to potential but loosing him leaves a big gaping hole at 3rd line center unless they move ver to 3rd and stud to 4th or add another center?

Then again the positions are probably screwed up anyway lol


Last edited by spits2timechamps: 01-07-2013 at 09:52 PM.
spits2timechamps is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:51 PM
  #1017
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
Johnson/Koko/Rychel (johnson has chemistry with koko so it will boost other lines)
Ho-Sang/Vail/Aleardi
Clark/Clarke/Marchese
Bilke/Verbeek/Studi?

Idk Clarke hasn't played to potential but loosing him leaves a big gaping hole at 3rd line center unless they move ver to 3rd and stud to 4th or add another center?

Then again the positions are probably screwed up probably anyway lol
Bilcke is gone 8-10 weeks so he's all but done for the year.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
  #1018
spits2timechamps
Registered User
 
spits2timechamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Bilcke is gone 8-10 weeks so he's all but done for the year.
oh yeah I completely forgot about that. Wow do we ever need a forward lol

spits2timechamps is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 12:16 AM
  #1019
jughead42
Registered User
 
jughead42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,814
vCash: 500
I've always been a fan of Aleardi, that kid has some wicked speed and some nifty hands. Great trade for us, we're better this year and we don't have to seriously consider Lorentz as an overager next year, saving us some wasted time. With Aleardi and Koko in the fold we add two legit offensive threats to a pop gun offense. It probably isn't enough to fix all of our issues but it's a nice start. We got a lot of speed and hustle back into the lineup, hopefully it rubs off on the guys who remain after the deadline.

As far as the future goes, if Rychel is seriously going after the memorial cup next year AND keeping Khokhlachev he must know something we don't because that seems absurd given the sanctions and what Koko could fetch. Hopefully he has Pietilla, DiGuiseppe, Schmaltz and Barber ready to sign, or a couple of them, because otherwise keeping Koko seems loco.


Last edited by jughead42: 01-08-2013 at 12:49 AM.
jughead42 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 12:43 AM
  #1020
jughead42
Registered User
 
jughead42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Sudbury is 4 points out of a top 3 seed, Windsor is 3 points out of 8th or 10th. Yes Sudbury is a better place right now.
I went on a roadtrip to Sudbury to hassle Aliu when he got traded up there and played the Spits. Trust me, no point advantage will ever make Sudbury a more desirable location than Windsor to an OHL player. Snow and a decrepit arena, you're isolated from civilization in ancient facilities with a bit of a gong show in charge. There's a reason Maletta probably nixed a deal there. They wheel a ratty old wolf down to the score clock and back by wire from the rafters every time they score, while a wolf howls over the PA. Screw tradition, I'm embarrassed for the kids who play there.

jughead42 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 01:01 AM
  #1021
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Sudbury is 4 points out of a top 3 seed, Windsor is 3 points out of 8th or 10th. Yes Sudbury is a better place right now.
Have you read anything elsewhere about the state of the Wolves? It doesn't exactly sound like a resort. The team may be doing well, but that doesn't mean anything for off-ice stuff.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 01:18 AM
  #1022
jughead42
Registered User
 
jughead42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,814
vCash: 500
Wait, don't talk poorly of Sudbury because a guy on the trade block might read this and nix a deal there if he knows the truth. It's actually a paradise, the number 3 seed dontcha know? It's where former first round NHL stars like Benoit Pouliot, Brandon Convery, and Jason Bonsignore fine tuned their skills for the next level. I suggest Gonga's Grill for lunch if you're ever there, the "Meat Monster" sandwich is a real winner. It's every type of mystery loaf at the delhi slapped on a stale bun with the outer skin of an old piece of gyro meat on top. It's worth getting traded there just to try it I assure you Mr. Bateman.

jughead42 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 01:23 AM
  #1023
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Wait, don't talk poorly of Sudbury because a guy on the trade block might read this and nix a deal there if he knows the truth. It's actually a paradise, the number 3 seed dontcha know? It's where former first round NHL stars like Benoit Pouliot, Brandon Convery, and Jason Bonsignore fine tuned their skills for the next level.
All the hockey players with the wooden sticks know SUDBURY ROCKS! SUDBURY ROCKS!! (if someone catches that reference, major props!)

In all seriousness, the state of the team has been well publicized, so me saying something isn't going to affect someone (and if it does, it's not my issue). That said, I've been to Sudbury a few times...the arena is old school and I loved it, the city is massive, and, if you like true Canadian winters, it's a great spot. Frankly, I'd pick it over a few other OHL cities.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 07:14 AM
  #1024
izzys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
good morning boys and girls

have your seat belts on the next 2 days r going to get bumpy and crazy

:y o:

izzys is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:08 AM
  #1025
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
All the hockey players with the wooden sticks know SUDBURY ROCKS! SUDBURY ROCKS!! (if someone catches that reference, major props!)

In all seriousness, the state of the team has been well publicized, so me saying something isn't going to affect someone (and if it does, it's not my issue). That said, I've been to Sudbury a few times...the arena is old school and I loved it, the city is massive, and, if you like true Canadian winters, it's a great spot. Frankly, I'd pick it over a few other OHL cities.
Going out on a limb and saying drew Carey theme song??

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.