HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: Light at the end of the tunnel?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2013, 08:30 AM
  #701
Fogelhund
Registered User
 
Fogelhund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
And every sports analyst has said that Florida is still interested.
Actually, no they haven't.

Fogelhund is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:31 AM
  #702
best of 7
Registered User
 
best of 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Eric Francis from the Calgary Sun was on the Fan 590 in Toronto this morning.

Francis says that Vancouver would be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for Luongo.

Also said that Florida has no interest in Luongo with Theodore/Clemmenson/Markstrom.

Tampa Bay also has little-to-no interest.

Team to watch in the Luongo sweepstakes, according to Francis, is Edmonton.
Edmonton is very low on popularity with established veteran talent
Add Luongo to the list of players who don't want to play there

best of 7 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:31 AM
  #703
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Actually, no they haven't.
The last two days, all I've heard from reputable sources is that Florida has no interest in Luongo.

Even if it cost them Stephen Weiss, they'll likely pass.

No way they take on that 10 year contract when Jacob Markstrom is on his way.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:33 AM
  #704
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by best of 7 View Post
Edmonton is very low on popularity with established veteran talent
Add Luongo to the list of players who don't want to play there
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Taylor Hall
Jordan Eberle
Nail Yakupov
Justin Schultz

This isn't Chris Pronger's Edmonton Oilers.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:34 AM
  #705
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Eric Francis from the Calgary Sun was on the Fan 590 in Toronto this morning.

Francis says that Vancouver would be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for Luongo.

Also said that Florida has no interest in Luongo with Theodore/Clemmenson/Markstrom.

Tampa Bay also has little-to-no interest.

Team to watch in the Luongo sweepstakes, according to Francis, is Edmonton.
To be fair, He(Francis) also said there would be no season.

There's interest from Florida, Maybe only to extent driving the price up for us because we're an eastern conference competitor.

Rare Jewel is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:36 AM
  #706
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
To be fair, He(Francis) also said there would be no season.

There's interest from Florida, Maybe only to extent driving the price up for us because we're an eastern conference competitor.
Yes, he admitted to predicting no season and stated that he was wrong on that issue.

Francis is still one of the more respected hockey guys in Canada.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:41 AM
  #707
best of 7
Registered User
 
best of 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Taylor Hall
Jordan Eberle
Nail Yakupov
Justin Schultz

This isn't Chris Pronger's Edmonton Oilers.
Funny.....Hall, Eberle, & Schultz were not even enuff to put the Kansas City Oil Barons on top of the AHL

best of 7 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:43 AM
  #708
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Yes, he admitted to predicting no season and stated that he was wrong on that issue.

Francis is still one of the more respected hockey guys in Canada.
If all vancouver can get is a 3rd for lou you wait on a high value schneider trade and don't even think twice. You do not trade star players for nothing. We signed that contract we should honor it.

ginner classic is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:48 AM
  #709
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by best of 7 View Post
Funny.....Hall, Eberle, & Schultz were not even enuff to put the Kansas City Oil Barons on top of the AHL
LOL.

I can't really think of a trio in the league that I'd take over Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle and Hall.

Then you throw in Nail Yakupov and Justin Schultz.

They have FIVE #1 prospects.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:59 AM
  #710
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
LOL.

I can't really think of a trio in the league that I'd take over Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle and Hall.

Then you throw in Nail Yakupov and Justin Schultz.

They have FIVE #1 prospects.
It means nothing if you can't get on ice success. And they haven't so far.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
  #711
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,645
vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by best of 7 View Post
Funny.....Hall, Eberle, & Schultz were not even enuff to put the Kansas City Oil Barons on top of the AHL
Psst... it's Oklahoma City...

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:08 AM
  #712
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
LOL.

I can't really think of a trio in the league that I'd take over Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle and Hall.

Then you throw in Nail Yakupov and Justin Schultz.

They have FIVE #1 prospects.
Crosby, Malkin, Neal ?

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:09 AM
  #713
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,608
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Here's what I don't get... are Canucks fans that dense to think they're going to value Bozak higher than the Leafs do? Yeah, we all know Gillis wants Bozak, but the fact is, you're trading for him to be a #2/3 centre, he's Toronto's #1 centre.

Furthermore, what is the basis for suggesting that the Canucks can get 3-4 quality assets from the Leafs, when there's talk that a buyout might be the better call, and only one other team interested, who has a goalie with similar numbers and 1/4 of the salary?
I like that you conveniently only highlight remarks that favor Toronto ripping us off merciless from tweet sources that make Eklund look creditable. Luongo will not be bought out, it simply will not happen. Any 'analyst' attempting to float that nonsense is looking for hits.

As for Bozak, keep him. I would much prefer Kadri, who would do no damage to your present roster but god forbid Toronto actually has to pay a price that isn't insulting. If Luongo's value is truly that low, I bet dollar to dime we start entertaining Schneider offers. Gillis has been adamant in his claim any trade will improve our team. This philosophy will not change despite the contrary opinion here.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:09 AM
  #714
frag2
Registered User
 
frag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by best of 7 View Post
Edmonton is very low on popularity with established veteran talent
Add Luongo to the list of players who don't want to play there
And one of Luongo's favorite teams growing up were the Oilers..hmm

It's funny that Leafs fans desperately want Luongo, the Oilers don't [though depending on the CBA contract math, who knows how much interest they have] and when media starts saying Oilers are darkhorse to try to acquire him, Leafs fans get all about it.

As an Oiler fan, I can appreciate Luongo's talents but his contract is an albatross.

frag2 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:09 AM
  #715
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
Lou is not going to Florida it ain't happening why would Florida trade for Lou when they got a top young goaltender ready to play next season. Only way he goes to Florida is if he goes for free, Florida does not need Lou and no way they trade picks or prospects for him.

So take off Florida as Possible Destinations for Lou, The best your gonna get from the leafs is Bozak + a pick
Just heard on the fan 590 (Brian Lawton as a guest), Lawton says ,and he admits conjecture, but he feels something like Weiss (as it seems he doesn't want to resign there) and Jovo (says Van needs to sweeten the pot and can buy Jovo out next season) for Luongo. He said Van would be crazy not to do it. The host seems to think that Gillis will hang on to Luongo as without Kesler, goaltending will be huge. He also doesn't see a deal there with the Leafs.

Edit: i find it very funny how media is saying that FLA is the front runner because it's Luongo's first choice, nobody seems to care what FLA management may think.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:11 AM
  #716
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
And one of Luongo's favorite teams growing up were the Oilers..hmm

It's funny that Leafs fans desperately want Luongo, the Oilers don't [though depending on the CBA contract math, who knows how much interest they have] and when media starts saying Oilers are darkhorse to try to acquire him, Leafs fans get all about it.

As an Oiler fan, I can appreciate Luongo's talents but his contract is an albatross.
As a Leaf fan, i appreciate his talents as well, it just needs to be a price that works for TO....which probably won't work for Vancouver....it is what it is.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:14 AM
  #717
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Just heard on the fan 590 (Brian Lawton as a guest), Lawton says ,and he admits conjecture, but he feels something like Weiss (as it seems he doesn't want to resign there) and Jovo (says Van needs to sweeten the pot and can buy Jovo out next season) for Luongo. He said Van would be crazy not to do it. The host seems to think that Gillis will hang on to Luongo as without Kesler, goaltending will be huge. He also doesn't see a deal there with the Leafs.
If Florida is willing to trade Weiss, then that's a great deal for Vancouver. He will easily go to Florida if that is the case. Except nobody knows ****, everyone is guessing.

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:14 AM
  #718
The Phil
Registered User
 
The Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Crosby, Malkin, Neal ?
Crosby, Malkin, *insert any player*

The Phil is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:19 AM
  #719
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,822
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelbackMontage View Post
Crosby, Malkin, *insert any player*
crosby, malkin, steve macintyre.

skip2mybordeleau is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:20 AM
  #720
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,003
vCash: 500
I'm a massive Schneider fan an believe he'll win a few Vezinas but im leaning towards keeping luongo. If we can't get anything worthwhile we should trade Schneider for a mega package.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:21 AM
  #721
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
And one of Luongo's favorite teams growing up were the Oilers..hmm

It's funny that Leafs fans desperately want Luongo, the Oilers don't [though depending on the CBA contract math, who knows how much interest they have] and when media starts saying Oilers are darkhorse to try to acquire him, Leafs fans get all about it.

As an Oiler fan, I can appreciate Luongo's talents but his contract is an albatross.
If we get him, Great. if not, cool. We have two goaltenders ready to impress, with a good head on their shoulders.

That is how i hope Burke sees it. We shouldn't be the one desperate here. (not saying that Canucks should either)


Last edited by dannyboy8920: 01-08-2013 at 09:27 AM.
dannyboy8920 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:22 AM
  #722
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
If Florida is willing to trade Weiss, then that's a great deal for Vancouver. He will easily go to Florida if that is the case. Except nobody knows ****, everyone is guessing.
1.As i stated, he did say it was conjecture.
2.It's only a great deal if Weiss agrees to sign with Van and not test free agency.
3.In all of this, everyone is forgetting that FLA management have been building with youth, mainly grooming Markstrom, and may not like the idea of taking on a 33 year old goalie.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:23 AM
  #723
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Crosby, Malkin, Neal ?
There is a 7-8 year difference.

I wasn't clear. Trio of young stars.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:24 AM
  #724
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
If we get him, Great. if not, cool. We have two goaltenders ready to impress with a good head on their shoulders.

That is how i hope Burke sees it. We shouldn't be the one desperate here. (not saying that Canucks should either)
My thoughts exactly. I was all for bringing him in, but recently his price seems to be rising, and the landscape has changed. (penalties, lower cap, shortened season)

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:26 AM
  #725
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,608
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
My thoughts exactly. I was all for bringing him in, but recently his price seems to be rising, and the landscape has changed. (penalties, lower cap, shortened season)
Just curious, Lifer. We're gone back and forth before. What abouts would you offer? Not even an absolute but just a ballpark.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.