HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz/Goaltending Thread #7

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 08:03 AM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
are you seriously asking ? if so, you did not pay close enough attention last year. how is this news to you ?
he thought he should be competing to be #1. our backup this year will not have that attitude [or if he does, i highly doubt he'll make it public]

i'm exactly alluding to that. there were no "kind ofs" about it. he stated so publicly & early in the year. It's a great attitude for a 2nd year player.

our backup this year [i think by design] will have no such ambitions [or if he does, i highly doubt he'll make them public.]
My God, you are desperate. I'd rather have a competitive backup instead of one who is past the prime he never had.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
My God, you are desperate. I'd rather have a competitive backup instead of one who is past the prime he never had.
since when was what the Flyers did MY decision ? why on earth would you say that I am desperate ?

1st, you were unaware of how Bob publicly was campaigning to be the #1, and now you think that the Flyers acted out of "my" desperation ??

what are you talking about ?

i want 2 stud #1's fighting it out, pressing each other to be excellent. that's what I want.

the Flyers obviously do not want the circus from last year, part of which was the apparent battle as to who the #1 is.

i'm sure ML is competitive & wants to be, will try to be the #1. i also would guess that at NO point this year, will he state so publicly. nor will [almost certainly] the fans be calling for him to be the #1, claiming [rightly so, in Bob's case] "let's see what the kid can do !"

if you cannot see the potential benefit to Bryz, by removing any possible "public battle / controversy" as to who should be the #1 between our two goalies [avoiding a repeat from last year], then i think you just don't understand & never will.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I don't buy it. By all accounts Bryz and Bob were buddies with a good working relationship. On top of that, Bryz just spent about 4 months in the KHL with not just one guy gunning for the #1 spot, but two. Hell, he was relegated to third string status for a long time and managed to perform very well in the end; I don't think competition from Bob was an issue, especially considering Bryz got all the starts when he wasn't playing like crap. It was very clear who the #1 was supposed to be.

Bob wasn't traded for Bryz's benefit; Bob was traded for the potential benefit* of the team and for Bob's benefit. Bob needs to get a lot more consistent starts to develop his game, and he wouldn't get that here.

If Bryz is so mentally fragile that we need to hurt the team by hiring a minor league goalie so he doesn't feel "threatened," then that's very bad.

*It could have benefitted the team if we signed a real backup goalie with the experience to come off the bench cold and fill in; Bob doesn't have that skill yet. It ends up not benefitting the team because the Flyers can't realize Leighton isn't an NHL goalie on any level.

01-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Krishna

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Bryz on Hartnell: "He's like from the movie Castaway. We need to buy some ball for him so he has best buddy Wilson." #Flyers

Old
01-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Bryz on Hartnell: "He's like from the movie Castaway. We need to buy some ball for him so he has best buddy Wilson." #Flyers
/facepalm

thats an old qoute right ???

hopefully the mothership didnt just drop off Bryz in Philly and hes acting lunar crazy already...

Old
01-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

who cares what he says, honestly.

just stop the puck.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
/facepalm

thats an old qoute right ???

hopefully the mothership didnt just drop off Bryz in Philly and hes acting lunar crazy already...
Harts has full on playoff flow and beard going apparently, pretty funny joke by Bryz actually. If this is the criteria for calling Bryz crazy,

Unless I'm missing something ?

Old
01-08-2013, 02:05 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
since when was what the Flyers did MY decision ? why on earth would you say that I am desperate ?

1st, you were unaware of how Bob publicly was campaigning to be the #1, and now you think that the Flyers acted out of "my" desperation ??

i want 2 stud #1's fighting it out, pressing each other to be excellent. that's what I want.

the Flyers obviously do not want the circus from last year, part of which was the apparent battle as to who the #1 is.

i'm sure ML is competitive & wants to be, will try to be the #1. i also would guess that at NO point this year, will he state so publicly. nor will [almost certainly] the fans be calling for him to be the #1, claiming [rightly so, in Bob's case] "let's see what the kid can do !"

if you cannot see the potential benefit to Bryz, by removing any possible "public battle / controversy" as to who should be the #1 between our two goalies [avoiding a repeat from last year], then i think you just don't understand & never will.

They did give him away for nothin and he did have a ton of potential. I agree they want this investment of ours to work. Ed Snider doesn't take playin the fool lightly. They want Bryz to succeed, not Suck cede.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

i really like Bob & still think her can be a #1. but they liked Bryz better & are doing everything they can to help him be great [like he was in March]

they invested a lot of $ & it makes sense to cater to him this year as they have.

there are no excuses. shut up & stop the puck.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:23 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
i really like Bob & still think her can be a #1. but they liked Bryz better & are doing everything they can to help him be great [like he was in March]

they invested a lot of $ & it makes sense to cater to him this year as they have.

there are no excuses. shut up & stop the puck.
exactly. I really think he's not only gonna shut up himself, but shut everyone else up too and he'll do it in this offense first system which will be even more impressive. He is not a fluke. and he's worth that cap hit when he plays consistently good. I think he knows now to laugh at the media and the fans who won't like him no matter what he does.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:13 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Harts has full on playoff flow and beard going apparently, pretty funny joke by Bryz actually. If this is the criteria for calling Bryz crazy,

Unless I'm missing something ?
I second that

Old
01-09-2013, 09:33 AM
MrHockey1982

I know that this has been posted already, but could you imagine if the Flyers came out to a warmup with this video playing on the screen starting at 5:50!!! LOLOLOL I would die!!

Old
01-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

i just ignore those stories about Kolb hunting, Babin running with the bulls, Hartnell cooking etc etc this just fits that category. privately, i'm sure the team kids each other about stuff like this, but none of it should be done publicly, as it gives off the vibe that the team doesn't take winning seriously

a player on any team can feel that "my sports job isn't the most important thing in my life" [and shouldn't be ahead of family], but don't say that publicly ... it just comes off as "i don't care if we don't win" ... i hate when an athlete says that publicly

starting Jan 19th, i'm boycotting all "non hockey" stories regarding the entire team.

i don't care. just win the championship.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Dooley36

Having Leighton as backup forces them to keep giving Bryz playing time even when he's struggling. I'd honestly rather have that than playing musical goalies like we did that one year

Old
01-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

totally agree. remove the controversy regarding "who should be the #1"

they're sure paying him enough money, might as well do everything to try and help him deliver

Old
01-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
totally agree. remove the controversy regarding "who should be the #1"

they're sure paying him enough money, might as well do everything to try and help him deliver
i know you said earlier that ur starting with a clean slate this year.

so ok what if Bryz comes out falls on his face, and Leights gets put in and does good/great..

what then ?

do you go back to Bryz and continue to lose games cuz hes the #1 goalie anyways ??

personaly i know no one here will truely have a clean slate , everyone has bias wether +/- on players..

i say you run without whateva goalie plays well, idealy it would be awesome if they both played lights on

Old
01-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
personally i know no one here will truly have a clean slate , everyone has bias whether +/- on players
and what would yours be ?

Quote:
what if Bryz comes out falls on his face, and Leights gets put in and does good/great
ah. got it.

i'm not going to answer "what if" negative questions. be they about this team [this thread] or about the #1 goalie [your post]

i choose to be positive & hopeful that the team will have a very good season.

the only thing that matters is what the Flyers decide to do, not you or me, anyway

Old
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post

I know that this has been posted already, but could you imagine if the Flyers came out to a warmup with this video playing on the screen starting at 5:50!!! LOLOLOL I would die!!
Why is that space suit so tight on Bryz...he looks like he's walking with a dump in his pants

Old
01-09-2013, 12:46 PM
FlyersFan61290

i can't believe it was Bryz's first day back at a practice of any sort and the philly media vultures were already asking him if he thinks he's playing for his job being as though he could possibly get bought out if he doesn't perform. i love Philadelphia, i was born and raised here, and i love its sports teams but i really hate the philly media. most of them aren't even good at there job they just ask d-bag questions thinking thats "hard" journalism". i'm not saying you can't question a players effort or ask some hard questions but i mean they didn't even have there first official practice yet. just my opinion.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Why is that space suit so tight on Bryz...he looks like he's walking with a dump in his pants
I'm no expert, but I believe most pressure suits are really stiff. They're reinforced and stuff, so they can be filled with air in a low pressure environment without popping. Having your space suit pop is generally a bad thing. The reinforcement makes them less flexible.

As for Bryz, my only concern right now is whether or not he has to go through yet another months long adjustment period...we absolutely can't have that in a half-season. He took a while to get adjusted to the KHL and if he has to take a lot of time to readjust to the NHL I'm going to be extremely frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
i can't believe it was Bryz's first day back at a practice of any sort and the philly media vultures were already asking him if he thinks he's playing for his job being as though he could possibly get bought out if he doesn't perform. i love Philadelphia, i was born and raised here, and i love its sports teams but i really hate the philly media. most of them aren't even good at there job they just ask d-bag questions thinking thats "hard" journalism". i'm not saying you can't question a players effort or ask some hard questions but i mean they didn't even have there first official practice yet. just my opinion.
There's a difference between a "hard question" and a "dumb question." The Philly media usually asks the dumb questions, like they did with Bryz. He's not playing for his job this year, unless he completely bombs out.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:51 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:

There is too much hyperbole on your part to the Bob and Bryz situation. Bob wasn't some lockeroom cancer about it. He wasn't satisfied with just being the backup but accepted his situation until the end of the season when he was given an opportunity to provide feedback and the Flyers did what they had to do to accomodate Bob so he could have a more fulfilling career elsewhere as a possible starter...nothing more and nothing less.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:53 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Yeah I saw that..I thought Bryz responded pretty professionally and said the right things.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
He wasn't satisfied with just being the backup
nor should he have been, in his 2nd NHL season. but he stated that publicly at season's start. coupled with his age and "potential" & you have the yearly Philly goalie controversy. i don't blame Bob one bit. but they are paying Bryz a lot, they removed that situation [even if 'for Bob's own good only'] by adding ML. and im glad they did

------------------------

of course the Philly media need SOME sort of goalie controversy, so they start asking him if he thinks he's playing for his job ...

Old
01-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
nor should he have been, in his 2nd NHL season. but he stated that publicly at season's start. coupled with his age and "potential" & you have the yearly Philly goalie controversy. i don't blame Bob one bit. but they are paying Bryz a lot, they removed that situation [even if 'for Bob's own good only'] by adding ML. and im glad they did

------------------------

of course the Philly media need SOME sort of goalie controversy, so they start asking him if he thinks he's playing for his job ...
If Bryz doesn't suck for 2/3 of the season, there is no goalie controversy. It wasn't Bob's fault.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
If Bryz doesn't suck for 2/3 of the season, there is no goalie controversy. It wasn't Bob's fault.
agreed..

Closed Thread