HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post-lockout Lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 07:10 PM
  #451
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,034
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
It's probably gonna be:

7 games vs the other 4 divisional teams

And

2 games against the 10 other reams of the Conference.

I would had liked 5 games vs own division (20);
3 games vs the 10 other Conference (30)
For a total of 50 games

OR

4 vs own division (16)
2 vs rest of conference (20)
1 vs each team of the other conference (15)
+1 extra game against one team of the other Conference
For 52 games
No games against the other conference.

It will likely be:

3 games against 10 non-divisional opponents (30)
18 games inside your division...5 each against 2 teams...8 each against 2 teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

I disagree. Nothing wrong with playing along side Eller to perfect a more defensive role at the NHL level on top of facing weaker opponents.
Also, I'm expecting Eller to have developed some more. Last year with Moen-AK, they absolutely owned their opponents. They were rarely stuck in our zone and controlled the play in the offensive zone a lot, often dangling through players with creative passing. Moen benefited from it greatly, almost doubling his best career scoring rate.
I expect nothing less if Gally is placed there. I think Gally's stickhandling and creativity is better than AK's, I think both have similar accelarration speed, so we'll see how Gally's skills translate to the NHL, but I wouldn't be opposed to him starting on the 3rd next to Eller.

That's also assuming Eller stays on the 3rd line.
Next year, I'd be OK with doing this. Not now though. I just don't like the idea of putting Galchenyuk in a role where the #1 role isn't necessarily offence and where the ice time will typically be in the 12-16 minutes range, when the alternative is him playing a ton in Sarnia and hopefully leading them deep into the playoffs.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:18 PM
  #452
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: LA via Montreal
Posts: 12,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
You should've watched him in the defensive zone against Canada... I didn't notice anything of the sort, great mobility to say the least. He was probably USA's best defensive player in that game.
He could barely turn on teh forecheck

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:46 PM
  #453
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 10,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
He could barely turn on teh forecheck
The USA limited allmighty Team Canada to 1 goal, so somebody did something right.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
  #454
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Next year, I'd be OK with doing this. Not now though. I just don't like the idea of putting Galchenyuk in a role where the #1 role isn't necessarily offence and where the ice time will typically be in the 12-16 minutes range, when the alternative is him playing a ton in Sarnia and hopefully leading them deep into the playoffs.
I don't have a problem with Gally going back to Sarnia to dominate some more and see how he steps up in the POs. But I wouldn't mind if he stayed to play along side Eller.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
  #455
Habruti!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gatineau
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't have a problem with Gally going back to Sarnia to dominate some more and see how he steps up in the POs. But I wouldn't mind if he stayed to play along side Eller.
My sentiment exactly ... No problem eithet way... Playing along side of Eller and Prust would be nice. Perhaps even Eller and Leblanc next year.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:22 PM
  #456
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Honestly, I don't see Gally making the team when a place is needed for Gomez. Maybe he gets a tryout while Plekanec and Gomez are injured but after that he's back in Sarnia.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:34 PM
  #457
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,034
vCash: 567
Why is a place 'needed' for Gomez though? He can be sent to the AHL.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:34 PM
  #458
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: LA via Montreal
Posts: 12,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Honestly, I don't see Gally making the team when a place is needed for Gomez. Maybe he gets a tryout while Plekanec and Gomez are injured but after that he's back in Sarnia.
He should get a 9 game tryout, I would think, unless they think he can't hang. 9 games are extremely important in this schedule. If Nokelainen isn't ready, they could probably keep him in that spot for 9 games. No question they're going to at least want to give him a little tour of the league.

Boucher Scouting says Gomer would be way better on the wing: http://www.boucherscouting.com/2013/...ly-option.html

That means the first 9 games could be:

Pacioretty - DD - Cole
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Gomez - Eller - Bourque
Moen - White - Prust
Armstrong
Nokelainen (when ready)

??

If no nine game tryout, Bourque slides to the 2nd line, Armstrong takes his spot on the third line. But Bourque is a natural right winger, I've read somewhere.

Pacioretty - DD - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Gomez - Eller - Armstrong
Moen - White - Prust
Nokelainen
Leblanc

Or maybe a smurf line: Gomez-Plekanec-Gionta


Last edited by tinyzombies: 01-07-2013 at 11:36 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:59 AM
  #459
baldrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Pacioretty - DD - Cole
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Gomez - Eller - Bourque
Moen - White - Prust
Armstrong
Nokelainen (when ready)

Logical, see if the Desharnais line can continue its success.
Gomez on Eller's wing may be the best option but we all know the way thngs work, a highly respected veteran player will be given the position/minutes irregardless of points produced. Suffer one more short season.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:09 AM
  #460
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Why is a place 'needed' for Gomez though? He can be sent to the AHL.
If they didn't do it last year, they won't do it this year either.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:12 AM
  #461
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,674
vCash: 500
I am certain that the potential buyout targets will be given ample ice time. In my opinion, Bergevin has no intention to burn a contract year on Galchenyuk, and he probably won't actively try to prevent a bad season as he is given a golden opportunity to tank and rebound strong.

This team isn't his. He can blame a poor performance on the bad decisions of the previous management. This is a common practice in any type of management. A recent example is Sabia with the Caisse de Dépôt. He took over, he wrote-off some assets and took a big hit on his first year. Then he rebounded. Also, if the Habs have a bad season, Bergevin will have an easier time buying out bad contracts. Luckily for Bergevin, the tank will happen naturally this season. Just look at our roster vs the competition. Ugh.

Brisebois mentioned that fans should wait 2-3 years to give management the time to get rid of bad contracts and to shape up the team. Well, we are in the getting rid of contracts phase. Expect a very high pick this summer.

Oppa Oilers Style!

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:15 AM
  #462
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
If they didn't do it last year, they won't do it this year either.
Yep, if Martin and Gauthier didn't do something, surely Therrien and Bergevin won't do the same, got it.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:27 AM
  #463
KingRoy33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
This is how I would like our lineup to look with Galchenyuk in the lineup:

Pax - DD - Gally
Cole - Pleks - Gio
Bourque - Eller - Moen
Prust - White - Armstrong

Gomez

Yes I know Cole - DD - Pax had great chemistry but I think they need to balance the first 2 lines and have a big body on each line. I think Gally will fit in nice with DD and Pax and could be a great line.


Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Diaz - Bouillion

Kaberle - Weber

Price
Budaj

KingRoy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:00 AM
  #464
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRoy33 View Post
This is how I would like our lineup to look with Galchenyuk in the lineup:

Pax - DD - Gally
Cole - Pleks - Gio
Bourque - Eller - Moen
Prust - White - Armstrong

Gomez

Yes I know Cole - DD - Pax had great chemistry but I think they need to balance the first 2 lines and have a big body on each line. I think Gally will fit in nice with DD and Pax and could be a great line.


Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Diaz - Bouillion

Kaberle - Weber

Price
Budaj
One problem with that is that Cole prefers RW and seems to play better at it. If Gally is in the lineup:

Patches DD Cole
Gally Pleks Bourque
Moen Eller Gio
Prust White Army
Noki

Gorges Subban
Markov Emelin
Kaberle Bouillon
Diaz Weber

at least two big guys on each line, give pleks some offensive talent in Gally and a player who can make room in Bourque. Eller has chemistry with Moen, and throw in a two way player like Gio... maybe his offense could improve. That fourth line is gritty and energetic... Could be responsible defensively as well and see some solid 5 on 5 play.

I still don't like Emelin on his off wing playing top 4 minutes, but those are the cards we have been dealt.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:04 AM
  #465
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
He should get a 9 game tryout, I would think, unless they think he can't hang. 9 games are extremely important in this schedule. If Nokelainen isn't ready, they could probably keep him in that spot for 9 games. No question they're going to at least want to give him a little tour of the league.

Boucher Scouting says Gomer would be way better on the wing: http://www.boucherscouting.com/2013/...ly-option.html

That means the first 9 games could be:

Pacioretty - DD - Cole
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Gomez - Eller - Bourque
Moen - White - Prust
Armstrong
Nokelainen (when ready)

??

If no nine game tryout, Bourque slides to the 2nd line, Armstrong takes his spot on the third line. But Bourque is a natural right winger, I've read somewhere.

Pacioretty - DD - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Gomez - Eller - Armstrong
Moen - White - Prust
Nokelainen
Leblanc

Or maybe a smurf line: Gomez-Plekanec-Gionta
Is that nine game thing still nine game?

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:09 AM
  #466
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 500
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

Chances to see defenceman Mike Commodore at the Canadiens training camp are high. He's playing in the AHL right now with the Bulldogs.

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/sta...53150846590976

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:16 AM
  #467
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

Chances to see defenceman Mike Commodore at the Canadiens training camp are high. He's playing in the AHL right now with the Bulldogs.

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/sta...53150846590976
Thought he'd show up. No chance he makes it ahead of the 9 guys in front of him though.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:16 AM
  #468
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,034
vCash: 567
I don't know why unless they promised him that when they gave him that AHL PTO.

Dude can barely skate at an AHL level at this point. He'll be in the first wave of cuts unless there are injuries.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:18 AM
  #469
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,482
vCash: 500
Commodore should make the team under the condition he wear the number 64.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:18 AM
  #470
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I don't know why unless they promised him that when they gave him that AHL PTO.

Dude can barely skate at an AHL level at this point. He'll be in the first wave of cuts unless there are injuries.
He is worth keeping if he agrees to wear #64.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:22 AM
  #471
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,171
vCash: 500
4th line centre is going to be a big question mark. Noke is out, do you guys think White can play C, he played C in junior, and in the AHL, but its a lot harder in the NHL, and if not, maybe Gomez, but we would have no right hand faceoff man..

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:28 AM
  #472
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,034
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
4th line centre is going to be a big question mark. Noke is out, do you guys think White can play C, he played C in junior, and in the AHL, but its a lot harder in the NHL, and if not, maybe Gomez, but we would have no right hand faceoff man..
Dumont.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:54 AM
  #473
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Commodore should make the team under the condition he wear the number 64.
If he accepts, just release him.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:59 AM
  #474
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Dumont.
Though of him, but again like with White, do you think he can play C in the nhl, I watched a few AHL games, he played Centre, but lately has been playing RW, not sure how he is on faceoffs eithers.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:17 AM
  #475
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Though of him, but again like with White, do you think he can play C in the nhl, I watched a few AHL games, he played Centre, but lately has been playing RW, not sure how he is on faceoffs eithers.
No White will not play center. And Dumont is having a pretty good season in Hamilton ( tied with the Irishman for team lead in points ).
If he were to perform in replacement of Nokes, the latter might have troubles bumping the Quebecois once he's healthy.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.