HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

isles - jets (kane for grabner+)

Old
01-08-2013, 07:23 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 500
To all the people that say there is only Tavares, try on Hamonic, Strome, or Reinhart. If you think your team could not use those guys, you are insane.

Not saying there is a deal to be made for Kane; I do not see WPG moving him, even if his little flash of cash got some curmudgeonly grandpas to get their panties in a twist.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Jetsfareast

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
to the islanders
Kane

to the jets
Grabner
isles' 2013 first rounder

what could get this trade done, what do the jets need?
The 1st rounder better be the 1st overall pick.

Jetsfareast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Tell you what, we'll just take Tavares off your hands, and you can keep the 1st round pick!

Trust me, it's gonna be way more valuable that way.

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
To all the people that say there is only Tavares, try on Hamonic, Strome, or Reinhart. If you think your team could not use those guys, you are insane.
Strome & Reinhart are prospects; oooh, yay, impressive.

Hamonic, though a Winnipeg boy, is also coming off a concussion IIRC - so he may be damaged goods.

It looks like it is Tavares or nothing, Champ.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:15 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Strome & Reinhart are prospects; oooh, yay, impressive.

Hamonic, though a Winnipeg boy, is also coming off a concussion IIRC - so he may be damaged goods.

It looks like it is Tavares or nothing, Champ.
Thanks for the Champ thing, it made my day. Prospects are not impressive anymore? I guess we can trade you Hemsky for Trouba then?

Old
01-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Thanks for the Champ thing, it made my day. Prospects are not impressive anymore? I guess we can trade you Hemsky for Trouba then?
So, if I understand this correctly, the rules are that you are allowed to refer to others as "insane" and "curmudgeonly grandpas" but are offended by being called "Champ"? Thanks for the clarification. Will be sure to govern myself accordingly going forward.

We have Scheifele and Trouba, equally impressive prospects; that was kind of the point. It seems that the Isles have nothing to offer in return for our best player aside from their best player. Don't want to do that? Take the hint.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 01-08-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old
01-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
Not a chance.

Grabner's speed makes him overrated. Kane has speed and a ton of other intangibles which Grabner does not.

This trade is not even close. Plus Islander fans get mad when we ask for your #1 center, you have to realize that you're asking for a #1 winger. Obviously centers are worth more than wingers and we'd add, but how in hell is this deal even close to fair?

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Not a chance.

Grabner's speed makes him overrated. Kane has speed and a ton of other intangibles which Grabner does not.

This trade is not even close. Plus Islander fans get mad when we ask for your #1 center, you have to realize that you're asking for a #1 winger. Obviously centers are worth more than wingers and we'd add, but how in hell is this deal even close to fair?
While i get what you're saying. Tavares is much farther from kane than kane is to grabner... So it's a moot point

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
While i get what you're saying. Tavares is much farther from kane than kane is to grabner... So it's a moot point
I agree it's a pointless discussion.

I'm just trying to make a point, to clarify the viewpoint of Winnipeg fans. Especially in regards to these awful Kane trade offers that pop up every once in awhile.

Somehow Winnipeg signing him for 6 years didn't send a message.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Somehow Winnipeg signing him for 6 years didn't send a message.
Exactly. Signing Kane to an extended deal does not at all suggest that the Jets want to trade him. That doesn't stop fans of other teams from requesting him in a trade for some reason though, nor from acting outraged that we aren't really interested in the pieces they offer up in exchange for a player the Jets aren't at all likely to be trading in the near to intermediate period.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:58 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

That 2013 1st is probably going to be top-5 without Visnovsky, and even if he were to come it wouldn't be much better than that. I'm not trading that and Grabner (who could bounce back) for E. Kane.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:28 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
These threads are hilarious. The Jets just spent a few months in back and forth negotiations to sign Kane to a six year deal. Sorry to inform some of you but they didn't do that to trade him, FYI. There is a better chance of one of our owners (the richest individual owner in the NHL) simply buying the Islanders franchise outright and folding them into the Jets in an effort to restock the Jets player pool than there is of any chance of the Isles ever getting Kane.

You're selling Thomson short. He's not only the richest NHL owner, he's the richest owner in sports. In any league.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:02 PM
patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
You're selling Thomson short. He's not only the richest NHL owner, he's the richest owner in sports. In any league.
According to Forbes the Isles future owner (Hopefully) and current Brooklyn Nets owner, Mikhail Prokhorov's net worth is almost triple Thomson's.

patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:04 PM
patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
According to Forbes the Isles future owner (Hopefully) and current Brooklyn Nets owner, Mikhail Prokhorov's net worth is almost triple Thomson's.
Nope. I'm wrong on that. Sorry.

patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:24 PM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
So, if I understand this correctly, the rules are that you are allowed to refer to others as "insane" and "curmudgeonly grandpas" but are offended by being called "Champ"? Thanks for the clarification. Will be sure to govern myself accordingly going forward.
Dude, I was serious at the "made my day" thing. Have not seen "Champ" used that way in a while, made me smile. Not saying "stop calling me that!".

But as for the rest of your points, I still don't get it. Just because you have some prospects, you would not trade for more if the value was there?

Old
01-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Dude, I was serious at the "made my day" thing. Have not seen "Champ" used that way in a while, made me smile. Not saying "stop calling me that!".

But as for the rest of your points, I still don't get it. Just because you have some prospects, you would not trade for more if the value was there?
I intentionally used Champ due your earlier usage of curmudgeonly grandpas. Talk about your stale verbiage.

Yes, you clearly don't get it. Unless you've a similar 30 goal-scoring 20 y/o to offer in return for a player the Jets aren't shopping, the value isn't there. The Jets have a young 30 goal scorer under their control for 6 seasons. They aren't looking to swap that for potential but rather would need to replace it, now. Hope that helps. They aren't rebuilding but rather are building around him and a young core of others.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Also, Grabner's contract sucks.

Cap hit is nice, but there's no way I want to end up paying him 5 mil.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:05 PM
StrongIslanders90

why would Jets trade Kane....??

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:06 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
That 2013 1st is probably going to be top-5 without Visnovsky, and even if he were to come it wouldn't be much better than that. I'm not trading that and Grabner (who could bounce back) for E. Kane.
Damn bud, have some faith. Even without Visnovsky I think we could compete for a playoff spot. That said, I do expect him to report after he's denied by the KHL.

Call me an optimist, but I have a good feeling about 2013(keep in mind I've said this at the beginning of each year since Tavares was drafted).

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:22 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Damn bud, have some faith. Even without Visnovsky I think we could compete for a playoff spot. That said, I do expect him to report after he's denied by the KHL.

Call me an optimist, but I have a good feeling about 2013(keep in mind I've said this at the beginning of each year since Tavares was drafted).
I'm optimistic that if Visnovsky is on the team, we can compete for a playoff spot. I don't think they'll make it, but 10th in the conference isn't out of reach.

The lack of a 2nd line center is really going to kill us. Maybe Strome comes in and has an immediate impact, but I'm not banking on that now. He'll get to that point though, he's going to be a great player.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:09 PM
almostawake

With the strength of the Islander's prospect pool there is a lot that could be worked out between these two teams, but in a deal for Kane, Grabner holds next to no value. Also, I think both teams would be happier if the trade didn't involve the Islanders' 1st.

From the Jets' perspective I think the framework could be something like one of these guys:

Strome
Reinhart
Hamonic
Niederreiter

Plus an additional prospect along the lines of Donovan, Nelson, De Haan. Maybe Bailey.

Assuming the Hamonic comes back strong from his concussion I'd be pretty happy with Hamonic and Nelson for Kane and Hainsey/Stuart. Plus or minus minor draft picks on each side. I don't really know how that would sit with the Islanders though.

almostawake is online now   Reply With Quote