HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pavel Datsyuk

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2013, 11:37 AM
  #1
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Pavel Datsyuk

This won't be a popular opinion in Detroit but I'm curious due to the lack of [legitimate] superstar potential talent in the prospect pool:

I'm sure everyone knows there is uncertainty in Detroit about Pavel Datsyuk not signing another NA contract, may be unwarranted but... The Red Wings need a legitimate top 6 forward (who doesn't?) and a top 4 defenseman (who doesn't?) for the future, perhaps even in their prime. What would you give or what do you think he could net?

To defend myself; I'm not Hell-bent on trading him, just curious of his potential value

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:40 AM
  #2
Minimalist*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
1st, very good top 6 F or top 4 D, elite prospect.

??

Hard to put a value on him.

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:09 PM
  #3
jphizzleruzbizzle*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
he is too old for the avs to want him. i think value wise r.o.r. would be fair. (younger, getting better, less money etc.) i wouldnt do it but value wise that would be equal

jphizzleruzbizzle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:14 PM
  #4
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 50
It would take a great young dman for Detroit to do it.

Mcdonagh for Datsyuk straight up.

Nash - Datsyuk - Gaborik
Kreider - Richards - Stephan

If Rangers are willing to risk it and try for a cup within two years, that's quite easily the best top line and top 6 in the NHL.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:26 PM
  #5
wingfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphizzleruzbizzle View Post
he is too old for the avs to want him. i think value wise r.o.r. would be fair. (younger, getting better, less money etc.) i wouldnt do it but value wise that would be equal
I would not trade Datsyuk with a year left on his contract for, Matt Duchene let alone Ryan O'Reilly. It would be a disrespect to the most complete player in the past decade. If Pav leaves Detroit he will be going to Russia.

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:28 PM
  #6
BonMorrison
Sexy Back
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,756
vCash: 500
A great high-chance #1 young defenseman would be on the plate.

Going by the other thread, somebody like Tyler Myers + a center with top six upside + a pick.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:30 PM
  #7
Lemieuxfan
Registered User
 
Lemieuxfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
34 years old, turning 35 in July,FA in 2015, PPG player.

That's a real tough question, he could burst soon..I mean he doesn't use his body much, so if he stops scoring his value decreases quickly. On the other hand he might be the next Selanne, so how knows. The only thing I can say is, that I would not pay the price Det would most likley be looking for.

My best offer from the pens would be:


Maatta
Kennedy
1rst, 2nd

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:33 PM
  #8
BergyWho37
Registered User
 
BergyWho37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
It would take a great young dman for Detroit to do it.

Mcdonagh for Datsyuk straight up.

Nash - Datsyuk - Gaborik
Kreider - Richards - Stephan

If Rangers are willing to risk it and try for a cup within two years, that's quite easily the best top line and top 6 in the NHL.
Seriously ? Detroit would never do this deal !!! Not even for Zetterberg

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:33 PM
  #9
Lebda Snipes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maple Leaf Gardens
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
It would take a great young dman for Detroit to do it.

Mcdonagh for Datsyuk straight up.

Nash - Datsyuk - Gaborik
Kreider - Richards - Stephan

If Rangers are willing to risk it and try for a cup within two years, that's quite easily the best top line and top 6 in the NHL.
Really? Value is nowhere close.

Being 34 doesnt make Datsyuk a useless vet. Datsyuk is one of the most complete players in the NHL, probably only behind Crosby and maybe Stamkos. Even at 34 he still produces, just shy of a PPG player last season. Arguably the best hands in the league, and has some of the best offensive vision. He has the unique ability to conrtrol the game on any part of the ice and has incredable hockey IQ, a dream to any team . Until his number decline I dont see Detroit trading him.

If however they were to deal him for a rebuild, Mcdonagh alone would probably not do it. Id look for: Mcdonagh + B Prospect + High pick at minimum.

Lebda Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:40 PM
  #10
Neatman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
I cant see Detroit fans realistically getting what would make them happy.
Datsyuk is a fantastic player with a well rounded game. He's also 34 with one year left on contract, and has suffered from a number of injuries in recent years.

I really cant see teams parting with a young #1 D, etc etc for one year of Datsyuk. Furthermore, if anyone can resign him I assume Detroit would.

In other words, the suggestions of what Datsyuk would return that people have written above seem incredibly unlikely to me. What teams could possibly afford the price, let alone the risk? Have there been any comparable trades in the past?

Neatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:43 PM
  #11
Sasso09
Registered User
 
Sasso09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
Seriously ? Detroit would never do this deal !!! Not even for Zetterberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes View Post
Really? Value is nowhere close.

Being 34 doesnt make Datsyuk a useless vet. Datsyuk is one of the most complete players in the NHL, probably only behind Crosby and maybe Stamkos. Even at 34 he still produces, just shy of a PPG player last season. Arguably the best hands in the league, and has some of the best offensive vision. He has the unique ability to conrtrol the game on any part of the ice and has incredable hockey IQ, a dream to any team . Until his number decline I dont see Detroit trading him.

If however they were to deal him for a rebuild, Mcdonagh alone would probably not do it. Id look for: Mcdonagh + B Prospect + High pick at minimum.
Umm.... If anything Newyork would turn this down first, value is more than there... Datsyuk is entering his twilight and has about 3 good years left. McDonough could very well be a top 10, certainly already is a top 20 in this league and he's young.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:43 PM
  #12
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 50
Pavel Datsyuk is my favorite non-Ranger ever...

Dylan McIlrath, Christian Thomas, 2014 1st. Would probably be hung up on but I'm really not willing to give more than that for a player getting up in age.

Always note though, superstars never get equal return, especially aging ones.


Last edited by KingWantsCup: 01-08-2013 at 12:50 PM.
KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:46 PM
  #13
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
I cant see Detroit fans realistically getting what would make them happy.
Datsyuk is a fantastic player with a well rounded game. He's also 34 with one year left on contract, and has suffered from a number of injuries in recent years.

I really cant see teams parting with a young #1 D, etc etc for one year of Datsyuk. Furthermore, if anyone can resign him I assume Detroit would.

In other words, the suggestions of what Datsyuk would return that people have written above seem incredibly unlikely to me. What teams could possibly afford the price, let alone the risk? Have there been any comparable trades in the past?
Totally agree with you. As a Sabres fan, I wouldn't want to give up Myers + for him, I'm sure Rangers fans wouldn't want to give up McDonagh for him, and I'm definitely sure a team like Columbus or Toronto would give up a Rielly or Murray. Detroit is best to hang on to Datsyuk until he retires - he is worth a lot and would put many franchises back a couple steps in their building process.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:50 PM
  #14
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
Umm.... If anything Newyork would turn this down first, value is more than there... Datsyuk is entering his twilight and has about 3 good years left. McDonough could very well be a top 10, certainly already is a top 20 in this league and he's young.
What I was thinking as well. McDonagh would go along ways to solving the #1 defenseman problem in Detroit this year and over the next few. Throw in a pick and that's a solid return for 48 games of Datsyuk.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:53 PM
  #15
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
What I was thinking as well. McDonagh would go along ways to solving the #1 defenseman problem in Detroit this year and over the next few. Throw in a pick and that's a solid return for 48 games of Datsyuk.
Rangers are not trading McDonagh for a 34 year old Datsyuk. If he was younger, probably. But McDonagh is too young, too good, too cheap, with too much upside to trade for a 34 year old player, even if that player is Datsyuk.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:56 PM
  #16
Lebda Snipes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maple Leaf Gardens
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
Umm.... If anything Newyork would turn this down first, value is more than there... Datsyuk is entering his twilight and has about 3 good years left. McDonough could very well be a top 10, certainly already is a top 20 in this league and he's young.
After to looking into Mcdonagh a little more, I do see his value. He logs serious minutes and blocks alot of shots. I would edit my proposal to maybe: Mcdonagh + High/mid pick (most likely conditionally on whether or not NY wins the cup).

If NY were to pull the trigger I would have them as a heavy cup favorite with an all-star top 2 lines, ecspecially with a shortned season that will have less wear and tear on older players. Would definetly be a win now move for NY, but in the long run Mcdonagh seems like a covetted piece to any team.

Lebda Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:58 PM
  #17
Iowa Wingsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Even if Holland can't get Datsyuk to sign an extension I still don't think he will shop him, it just isn't how he operates. When it comes to veterans Holland is loyal to a fault.

As far as the value of Datsyuk it should be higher then teams would be willing to pay. He is one of the top players in the league.

Iowa Wingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:02 PM
  #18
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
34 years old, turning 35 in July,FA in 2015, PPG player.

That's a real tough question, he could burst soon..I mean he doesn't use his body much, so if he stops scoring his value decreases quickly. On the other hand he might be the next Selanne, so how knows. The only thing I can say is, that I would not pay the price Det would most likley be looking for.

My best offer from the pens would be:


Maatta
Kennedy
1rst, 2nd
That's just comical . . . and I'm a Pens fan.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:07 PM
  #19
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Rangers are not trading McDonagh for a 34 year old Datsyuk. If he was younger, probably. But McDonagh is too young, too good, too cheap, with too much upside to trade for a 34 year old player, even if that player is Datsyuk.
I wasn't the one who proposed it bro

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:08 PM
  #20
jroc86
Registered User
 
jroc86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Given Pavs age and contract situation it would only make sense for a team desperate for a cup thats a contender NOW The Rags and Canucks would make sense ... wont happen though. Pav will play his NHL career as a Wing.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:10 PM
  #21
crashman
Registered User
 
crashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,220
vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
34 years old, turning 35 in July,FA in 2015, PPG player.

That's a real tough question, he could burst soon..I mean he doesn't use his body much, so if he stops scoring his value decreases quickly. On the other hand he might be the next Selanne, so how knows. The only thing I can say is, that I would not pay the price Det would most likley be looking for.

My best offer from the pens would be:


Maatta
Kennedy
1rst, 2nd
Anyone that watches him regularly knows that's not true.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
  #22
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
How many teams would really be in the discussion for Datsyuk? What are the qualifications?

Legit shot at Cup:
In need of top-6 center:
Sniper already on roster:
Russian speaking teammates:

NJ comes to mind. One last run for Broduer. Kovalchuk & Datsyuk could be dynamic (+ Russian factor). Zajac drops to 2nd line.

To NJ:
Datsyuk

To DET:
Henrique

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
  #23
Iowa Wingsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Datsyuk might be the most sneaky hitter in the NHL. He loves laying a check on skaters that keep their head down. Shea Weber can attest to that.

Iowa Wingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:17 PM
  #24
MBauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MI
Country: United States
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
Only way i could see him getting traded is next year at the deadline to a cup contender, and that is only if he is 100 percent going to the KHL, even then i doubt they would trade him though. If for some reason he was traded next year at the deadline i would expect a 1st+ solid prospect.

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
  #25
Lebda Snipes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maple Leaf Gardens
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
This won't be a popular opinion in Detroit but I'm curious due to the lack of [legitimate] superstar potential talent in the prospect pool:

I'm sure everyone knows there is uncertainty in Detroit about Pavel Datsyuk not signing another NA contract, may be unwarranted but... The Red Wings need a legitimate top 6 forward (who doesn't?) and a top 4 defenseman (who doesn't?) for the future, perhaps even in their prime. What would you give or what do you think he could net?

To defend myself; I'm not Hell-bent on trading him, just curious of his potential value
Thier prospect pool only seems this way. Get ready for another 6th/7th round pick to go off for the wings and take the torch.

Lebda Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.