Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Moncton Wildcats

Old
12-12-2012, 11:33 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I'm sure Garland will still grow a bit..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:18 AM
johnnydrum

Thanks guys, would be lost without you all.

For those not able to see the games, or seemingly this year even view highlights, could someone put up a player by player mid season review/report card for me.?

Its a shame that the Q this year is so poor, media wise, lacking video highlites on each teams site, some not even bothering to update last years galeries etc.
Thought with the lockout, the Q would be showcasing its talents?
Wanted to see some Barbashev, Jaskin clips.

Anyway, again a big thank you to everyone who posts here, so i have at least been able to keep track of something!

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:20 PM
theq

Racine out for the next couples of games .... heard he should be back at 100% after X-mas !!!!

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:49 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by theq View Post
Racine out for the next couples of games .... heard he should be back at 100% after X-mas !!!!
Well, I'd rather he take his time and make a full recovery over rushing him. He's a big part of our team and plays against the opposition's top lines. Arguably the Cats' best defenceman. We certainly ere missing him tonight against Halifax.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 09:01 AM
NEhockeycoach

8-6 Loss. Sounds like a crazy game. Were there a lot of penalties? Was it poor goaltending? Or simply defensive breakdowns?

NEhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 05:30 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEhockeycoach View Post
Was it poor goaltending?

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 09:09 PM
NEhockeycoach

Haha. Thanks Halifax.

NEhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Saulniers getting invited to any training camps next year?

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:58 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Saulniers getting invited to any training camps next year?
I doubt it , they were already passed over for the last two seasons and their play/potential has somewhat plateaued. They are very solid major junior contributors but I can't see them being effective at the next level. Their skating and footspeed is okay but not great which is one of the main reasons ,imo, they were passed on.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:00 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Moncton's been fairly quiet thus far during the trade period. Sending Hodge to Shawinigan (Narbonne deal) and Roussy to Chicoutimi for a 3rd 2013. One has to wonder if Flynn has decided to stand pat or make a big splash on the final day.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:18 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Moncton's been fairly quiet thus far during the trade period. Sending Hodge to Shawinigan (Narbonne deal) and Roussy to Chicoutimi for a 3rd 2013. One has to wonder if Flynn has decided to stand pat or make a big splash on the final day.
i dont think he has much of a choice but to stand pat. I'm guessing he would love Danault, but, he also realistically needs help on D to contend, and also needs his goalie to stop a few shots every now and then

what kind of deal could he package that would get him Danault?

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:29 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i dont think he has much of a choice but to stand pat. I'm guessing he would love Danault, but, he also realistically needs help on D to contend, and also needs his goalie to stop a few shots every now and then

what kind of deal could he package that would get him Danault?

1st 2014
1st 2015
2nd 2014
3rd 2013 (Chi)
Gabriel Gagne
Barbashev at the draft

It's possible but I'm okay with us standing pat. We may be able to surprise a team in the playoffs but still have some parts for next season if we don't mortage our future.

Did I nail that trade on the head or what ?

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 01-08-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 10:35 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
1st 2014
1st 2015
2nd 2014
3rd 2013 (Chi)
Gabriel Gagne
Barbashev at the draft

* Or a 3-way trade involving Sweeney..

It's possible but I'm okay with us standing pat. We may be able to surprise a team in the playoffs but still have some parts for next season if we don't mortage our future.
you still have an early euro draft pick this year dont you? Sometimes (most times) the best trades are the ones you dont make.

Just IMO, it would take something to help Vict next year to make them move Danault and other than Barbashev, you dont have that in the package. Just IMO.
anyways, it doesnt matter, i'm sure Bathurst has the inside track on Danault

Old
01-08-2013, 10:41 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
you still have an early euro draft pick this year dont you? Sometimes (most times) the best trades are the ones you dont make.

Just IMO, it would take something to help Vict next year to make them move Danault and other than Barbashev, you dont have that in the package. Just IMO.
anyways, it doesnt matter, i'm sure Bathurst has the inside track on Danault
Agree but by them adding a few very high picks , they could flip them for key players next season. Either way he's probably headed to Bathurst for Walsh and a 10th

Old
01-08-2013, 10:44 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Agree but by them adding a few very high picks , they could flip them for key players next season. Either way he's probably headed to Bathurst for Walsh and a 10th
hmmm....i dont think they have to give that much. i think they'll do it 1 for 1, Danault for Gallant, or Blanchard.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:48 AM
jfb392

Cats pick up Lucas Batt from Victo.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:01 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Did I nail the Danault trade or what ?

Old
01-08-2013, 01:28 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
That was impressive.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:50 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
you did!!! versus CHSB who didnt nail any of his predictions!!!!
but you also said in another thread or someone else said, that's great, but you need alot of things to change and to go right if your going to win.

if anything it will bring excitement to the arena and around the team.

Having said that, as good as Danault is, what he brings to the team would not have been in the top 3 areas i would have had on my list of things to fix during the trade period for the wildcats. I dont think their D is nearly good enough and their goaltending is def. not playing to a level that is good enough.

Anyway, all that is just my opinion. All those things will play out on the ice, in what i am sure will be a very interesting end of season.

My pick as the biggest winner in the deadline - BLB -

Old
01-08-2013, 01:59 PM
chsb

Will Danault bring Moncton back into contention?

Good question!

Combined with Jaskin's return, no doubt their 2nd half will be better than their December.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:53 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
No kidding.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:48 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

He definately raises Moncton's profile. I would obviously liked them to add a defenceman and possibly a goaltender. Although Danault is a forward that puts up points, he is also one of the best "two-way" forwards in the league. He will help out the defence whenever he's on the ice will in a domino affect help the goaltending as well. I had my fingers crossed he'd be coming here with Vance but PEI swooped him up. I don't know why Flynn didn't make the deal for him too. Most people think Trickett , Chenier and a 3rd was very steep but in reality it's not. Essential two second rounders and a third is not that much for a top-4 dman with mobility, size and who is an NHL draftee. Even a guy like Vital Cote that Bathurst picked up for next to nothing would have rounded the D out nicely. Overall I think Danault is a big help as he brings leadership, solidifies two dangerous lines , a guy who is always the first back with a great two-way game and his acquisition , along with the return of Jaskin will bring lots of energy and momentum. If Dubeau improves his consistency and plays like he did in games 14-28 we can surprise almost any team. I can see us being a problem for the league's top teams come playoff time but if they play like they have the last 6 games , we'll have an early exit. I was also very happily surprised to see Flynn add Batt and for a low return. Have always been a fan of his and being a 96' born will be a nice addition on next year's addition of the Wildcats. He will be a very solid contributor at 18 & 19. I'm anxious to watch our next outing

Old
01-08-2013, 04:29 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
He definately raises Moncton's profile. I would obviously liked them to add a defenceman and possibly a goaltender. Although Danault is a forward that puts up points, he is also one of the best "two-way" forwards in the league. He will help out the defence whenever he's on the ice will in a domino affect help the goaltending as well. I had my fingers crossed he'd be coming here with Vance but PEI swooped him up. I don't know why Flynn didn't make the deal for him too. Most people think Trickett , Chenier and a 3rd was very steep but in reality it's not. Essential two second rounders and a third is not that much for a top-4 dman with mobility, size and who is an NHL draftee. Even a guy like Vital Cote that Bathurst picked up for next to nothing would have rounded the D out nicely. Overall I think Danault is a big help as he brings leadership, solidifies two dangerous lines , a guy who is always the first back with a great two-way game and his acquisition , along with the return of Jaskin will bring lots of energy and momentum. If Dubeau improves his consistency and plays like he did in games 14-28 we can surprise almost any team. I can see us being a problem for the league's top teams come playoff time but if they play like they have the last 6 games , we'll have an early exit. I was also very happily surprised to see Flynn add Batt and for a low return. Have always been a fan of his and being a 96' born will be a nice addition on next year's addition of the Wildcats. He will be a very solid contributor at 18 & 19. I'm anxious to watch our next outing
No doubt Danault helps. Your key is still Dubeau

Old
01-08-2013, 04:33 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
No doubt Danault helps. Your key is still Dubeau
Absolutely. If he's on , I suspect we will make a good push and upset but if he's off, Moncton is going to be making an early exit. It's unfortunate that it mostly rests on him , that's a tonne of pressure on an 18-year old and he knows it. Hopefully we can get right back on track and win a few games in a row to help his confidence.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Catz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post
No kidding.
Barbashev isn't a future

Catz is offline   Reply With Quote