HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Nationals, Wizards, DC United, O's, Ravens....DC area sports III

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 01:41 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Man sucks for Morse would really love to keep him on this team.

01-08-2013, 01:53 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
I seriously hope the Orioles stay away from that trade. Although they have a lefty bullpen guy they could deal away (Patton) in a deal for Morse. Meh.
Agreed. He'd basically be just a slight power upgrade over Betemit. Similar R/L splits, similar lack of plate discipline, similar lack of position. Not nearly enough of an upgrade to give up any value.

I'd rather go after Kubel, and much rather go after Willingham or Butler, who rake against lefties.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Capitlols

Not a huge fan of Kubel and he's pretty much a DH as well. Butler will cost a fortune, likely require Bundy/Machado, and again, he's a DH. Willingham is intriguing, but haven't heard his name thrown around much at all.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:58 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I look at Kubel as Morse with more of a track record and better plate discipline. Can't imagine Butler costing that much, unless KC is dead-set on keeping him.

And DH to me is probably the teams biggest need.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Capitlols

I'd rather add a RH power bat and preferably a 1B as opposed to Kubel, but it's going to be hard to come by at this point.

Earlier indications from twitter suggests the O's and Mariners were the most involved on Butler, but the price was astronomical. He means a lot to KC fans.

Justin Upton is a guy to keep an eye on, apparently the O's were hard after him a few weeks back, but the price was high. Anyone but Bundy/Machado I'd be willing to pay.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:10 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I take back what I said about Morse's splits. BR had it in a weird format and I misread. Much more balanced than Betemit, but he still doesn't excite me.

And yeah I was encouraged by the rumors that the O's have gone after both Stanton and Upton. Much rather have elite talents like that than the 'Meh' we're generally talking about.

After this season is the time to go after Stantion, I'd think. He'll actually be making some money in 2014.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:16 PM
MCI Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I take back what I said about Morse's splits. BR had it in a weird format and I misread. Much more balanced than Betemit, but he still doesn't excite me.

And yeah I was encouraged by the rumors that the O's have gone after both Stanton and Upton. Much rather have elite talents like that than the 'Meh' we're generally talking about.

After this season is the time to go after Stantion, I'd think. He'll actually be making some money in 2014.
Seriously, for once a big name bat's name is being tossed around without the beat writers shooting it down immediately. Tough names though being brought up, though. The only name that doesn't hurt to even mention is Gausman, and I know that's only because he's not as well known of a commodity.

Stanton would have a field day in the AL East, would be fantastic.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Capitlols

Fwiw, I'd only move Bundy for a established young arm, i.e. Felix Hernandez. Machado I'm more inclined to keep.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I'd move Bundy in half a second for Stanton.

He's a top-5 MLB hitter for the next decade.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
MCI Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Fwiw, I'd only move Bundy for a established young arm, i.e. Felix Hernandez. Machado I'm more inclined to keep.
If only. You have to remember that Seattle has been trying to slang their money around this offseason, King Felix is a top 5 pitcher in the bigs and is what like 25? The Orioles couldn't even trade Bundy straight up for him unless the team was trying to escape his contract, they'd have to keep adding for sure.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:32 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Hernandez only has two years left on his current deal. I wouldn't trade Bundy for him. Not enough team control.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:33 PM
MCI Center

Quote:
I'd move Bundy in half a second for Stanton.

He's a top-5 MLB hitter for the next decade.
Agreed. I was talking about what the Diamondbacks wanted for Upton when I said I was hesitant to move Machado or Bundy in that sort of deal.

Stanton (still call him Mike in my mind) is the real deal. He would do a number on Camden.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:36 PM
MCI Center

Quote:
Hernandez only has two years left on his current deal. I wouldn't trade Bundy for him. Not enough team control.
I guess I'm just fidgety when it comes to high-school arms, even though what Bundy's accomplished has been absolutely ridiculous, seeing him in person he was beyond impressive. I just find it hard to turn down a guy like Hernandez that has talked about being a Mariners' lifer, I feel like he could easily jump on this team's approach if he was in B-More. Either way, it's just hypothetical, I'm excited to see what Bundy does in the next couple of years, I still think he'll be the ace.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:40 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Well, if the rest of the 'cavalry' beyond Tillman ever actually emerges, between them, Bundy, and Gausman, the O's will be flush with young pitching talent. They might finally have some flexibility to trade away that young talent for an established stud or two.

There are a lot of scouts/scouting services that are really high on Gausman. Don't be surprised if he's a top 20 prospect this year.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
MCI Center

Quote:
Well, if the rest of the 'cavalry' beyond Tillman ever actually emerges, between them, Bundy, and Gausman, the O's will be flush with young pitching talent. They might finally have some flexibility to trade away that young talent for an established stud or two.

There are a lot of scouts/scouting services that are really high on Gausman. Don't be surprised if he's a top 20 prospect this year.
Yep, unfortunately we both know that has been the hope for a bit now with the pitching prospects. I just hope more than just 1 or 2 actually pan out!

Definitely could see that on the Gausman ranking, especially considering how MLB-ready and projectable he is said to be. The O's have been getting some serious love at the top-end of the rankings here of late by most services, just not the recognition past the top 1-3 talents. Maybe Schoop'll actually get a little love without Machado overshadowing him.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I don't think they're good enough in the pitching department to consider dealing Bundy. They need a front line starter with #1 stuff. He seems to have it. I guess if you got an ace back (though I doubt you do) you have to think about it, but I rather try and do it with him.

There's no way I move Machado.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Ravens-Broncos, best game i ever saw, hands dawn.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Capitlols

John Wall looked much better than I thought he would.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
wouldn't make my top 100. Simply too much incompetent refereeing, on both sides. The game had no flow whatsoever for large portions of the game.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:27 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
John Wall looked much better than I thought he would.
Same here. Didn't look like he was even easing it back in there coming back from that knee.

Old
01-13-2013, 06:36 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Today's Seahawks-Falcons game might have been even better.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:31 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
wouldn't make my top 100. Simply too much incompetent refereeing, on both sides. The game had no flow whatsoever for large portions of the game.
When it comes to the worst opinions imaginable, ill always have this board.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Foy

I'm not sure the Patriots had a legal formation on offense the entire game today. Their tackles were at least 2-3 yards off the line on every play I saw. This might have been the worst officiated weekend of NFL I've ever seen, not counting replacement refs.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
Today's Seahawks-Falcons game might have been even better.
It was close, but as a Ravens fan excitement wise this one tops everything. Well, maybe not SB.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Capitlols

Omg Wall just broke some dudes ankles.

Closed Thread