HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Slovan Bratislava 2012/13 season talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2013, 10:17 AM
  #201
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
What a pass by Hudacek!

Now a snipe from Hudacek...seriously all of the games I have watched I have come away impressed with him...

__________________



Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 01-06-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 10:43 AM
  #202
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
What a pass by Hudacek!

Now a snipe from Hudacek...seriously all of the games I have watched I have come away impressed with him...
It's funny how he became so famous after one playoff series. The line of him, Sarky and Lipi were lethal in the Extraliga playoffs last season, and Hudacek was the one who scored the championship winning goal in overtime. He then scored the third goal against the Czechs in the semi final at the 2012 WC.

I think there have been some inflated expectations (myself included), about what he can do. I think on a team with more offensive skill, he could be a great player. Often tries to do too much on his own when on the line with Lipiansky and Bartovic, but he has a lethal shot from the hashmarks that's for sure.

Tatanik is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 11:44 AM
  #203
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Guess who? Hudacek with another goal!

I didn't follow Slovak Extraliga, and honestly don't remember Hudacek from WC last year, so I guess I didn't have the expectations that you and others had Tatanik, but he is the most talented offensive player (not as well rounded as some others, but just speaking offensively) on the roster, IMO, from what I've seen. Of course the games I've watched this season he has like 8/9 of his season points, in like 8-10 games . Young and streaky for sure, but talented in the offensive zone. If him and Dano stay with Slovan in a few years they will have some better top end talent for sure...

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 11:53 AM
  #204
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Guess who? Hudacek with another goal!

I didn't follow Slovak Extraliga, and honestly don't remember Hudacek from WC last year, so I guess I didn't have the expectations that you and others had Tatanik, but he is the most talented offensive player (not as well rounded as some others, but just speaking offensively) on the roster, IMO, from what I've seen. Of course the games I've watched this season he has like 8/9 of his season points, in like 8-10 games . Young and streaky for sure, but talented in the offensive zone. If him and Dano stay with Slovan in a few years they will have some better top end talent for sure...
I do agree with you about Hudacek's offensive prowess, although I do rate Vondrka very very highly. The passes he can make with the puck and his vision on the ice is incredible. I'd probably tip my hat to Miša .

Tatanik is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 12:28 PM
  #205
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Bliznak with the SO winner!

Of course it goes to a shoout-out, what other way is there for a Slovan game to end

Malkin and Mozyakin were great, Slovan was basically PKing everytime those guys were on the ice, special players...

I can understand the hesitatancy about the D with Visnovsky and Sekera leaving though, those guys logged big minutes. Sersen had a solid game though, IMO.

All in all, I think Slovan should be pretty happy getting a point off of lockout helped Magnitogorsk, that's a solid team, leading the East for a reason.

6w, 1ot in the last 12 now! (For the 80 which I figure assures a playoff spot)...

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 01:37 PM
  #206
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Višňovský may not leave after all. After the Magnitogorsk match, he said in the post game interview: "I got an offer from Slovan and I am considering it."

ebis is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
  #207
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Višňovský may not leave after all. After the Magnitogorsk match, he said in the post game interview: "I got an offer from Slovan and I am considering it."
That sentence is a bit taken out of context. Just to be sure that everybody knows all the details, he is well aware of the fact that he is under a valid contract in the NHL and also said that he won´t do anything behind the back of Islanders and will negotiate with them.

As I see it the Islanders have no inentive whatsoever to let him go, so the chance of him staying are...

slovakiasnextone is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 01:50 PM
  #208
Jeez
Jay Jay
 
Jeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Praha - Islands
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Višňovský may not leave after all. After the Magnitogorsk match, he said in the post game interview: "I got an offer from Slovan and I am considering it."
I thought Visnovsky has valid contract in NHL. What does it mean ?

Jeez is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 02:04 PM
  #209
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Yeah Visnovsky has a contract in the NHL, he cannot stay this season, unless the Islanders let him...but seeing as how Islanders just traded for him and he should be a key player for them, don't see why they would do that...just guessing but maybe he is talking next season?

Visnovsky is one of my favourite all time players, but the guy has had absolute **** luck in the NHL, bouncing from one terrible team to the next, always traded just as that team is about to get good, for little reason usually. It would not surprise me one bit for him to leave the NHL at this point, not much point in staying, particularly since he can probably make just as much in KHL back home now as in the NHL.

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 02:14 PM
  #210
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Visna has a NHL contract until the end of the year. Was amazed to see his cap hit is still $5.6million.

Tatanik is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 02:35 PM
  #211
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
Visna has a NHL contract until the end of the year. Was amazed to see his cap hit is still $5.6million.
It's still the front loaded deal he signed with Los Angeles (who then in turned screwed him HARD trading him just days before his NTC kicked in so that he could retire from NHL a King, something I still can't forgive), he only makes 3 million (or whatever his prorated amount will be) this season. Another reason the Islanders won't let him go (taking away his 5.6 cap hit puts the Islanders under the floor).

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:42 PM
  #212
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Another interview with Višňovský, I'll try to translate as closely as possible:

"I will call my agent and ask about the possibilities. I don't want to do anything behind the back of Islanders, but we'll talk what would happen if I stayed. I live with this club, we make a great team and I want us to make it into the playoffs together. Slovan offered me contract extension to the end of the season, but it's not about the money. I will have to talk to my family too."

http://hokej.pravda.sk/khl/clanok/25...e-v-rozpakoch/

ebis is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:51 PM
  #213
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Someone in the comments said that he could possibly declare end of his career which would mean no NHL for the next 2 years but it would get him out of the Islanders contract and he could play in KHL. Can someone confirm this is possible?

ebis is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 04:36 PM
  #214
Jeez
Jay Jay
 
Jeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Praha - Islands
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
whooohooo. It seems to be serious interest by Lubo. example of nice relationship with fans :hand clap:

Jeez is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 04:49 PM
  #215
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Someone in the comments said that he could possibly declare end of his career which would mean no NHL for the next 2 years but it would get him out of the Islanders contract and he could play in KHL. Can someone confirm this is possible?
Hmm...well I suppose that is an interesting way of looking at it. Basically "retiring", but continuing to play in Europe...I can't think of an example of this off the top of my head, the closest being Ziggy Palffy who retired halfway through 05-06, resumed playing for Skalica in the Slovak Extraliga in 07-08, but that was after his NHL contract had expired. Otherwise it was always with the NHL teams consent. Not sure how the NHL would react to that.

This would create some serious problems for the Islanders, like I mentioned it puts them below the cap floor, but meh I don't really care, rather he play in Slovan!

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:39 AM
  #216
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Hmm...well I suppose that is an interesting way of looking at it. Basically "retiring", but continuing to play in Europe...I can't think of an example of this off the top of my head, the closest being Ziggy Palffy who retired halfway through 05-06, resumed playing for Skalica in the Slovak Extraliga in 07-08, but that was after his NHL contract had expired. Otherwise it was always with the NHL teams consent. Not sure how the NHL would react to that.

This would create some serious problems for the Islanders, like I mentioned it puts them below the cap floor, but meh I don't really care, rather he play in Slovan!
There Is still a possibility, that Islanders will buy out his contract. Just like they did with Jasin. And i think, in the new CBA is a point, which says, that every team can release 2 players before the season start ...

alko is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 05:41 AM
  #217
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
There Is still a possibility, that Islanders will buy out his contract. Just like they did with Jasin. And i think, in the new CBA is a point, which says, that every team can release 2 players before the season start ...
That's before next season, not this season.

Islanders will not buy him out. That makes no sense. They'll force him back to NA since he is still a useful player unlike Yashin or suspend him (thereby not paying him). No reason for them to pay him money not to play for them.

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:08 AM
  #218
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
http://sport.sme.sk/c/6657962/slovan...-posilnit.html

Fingers crossed for at least 1 forward and 1 defenceman then.

One would assume that they would target a guy like Martin Skoula (released by Lev), and possibly try to get their hands on some like Tomas Rolinek


Last edited by Tatanik: 01-07-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Tatanik is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 10:23 AM
  #219
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Are Dano and Mikus back from WJC yet? Any chance they play today?

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 11:00 AM
  #220
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Are Dano and Mikus back from WJC yet? Any chance they play today?
Slovan should post the line-up on their website any minute now, they always do. You can check it too, they have an English version now.

http://www.hcslovan.sk/en/

ebis is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 12:04 PM
  #221
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Are Dano and Mikus back from WJC yet? Any chance they play today?
So Dano and Mikus playing, Vondrka is sick.


Last edited by ebis: 01-08-2013 at 01:32 PM.
ebis is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 02:15 PM
  #222
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Oh come on! Why can't Slovan finish in regulation time!!!

Had an appointment with a professor so I missed the first two periods, but Hudacek/Lipiansky line looked solid again. Haven't seen Dano/Mikus out there, but that's 4th line anyways, meh, young kids are not going to be huge difference makers at this level.

EDIT: Well they blew a point, but at least Kukumberg with a great individual effort to win the game...

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 02:25 PM
  #223
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Oh come on! Why can't Slovan finish in regulation time!!!

Had an appointment with a professor so I missed the first two periods, but Hudacek/Lipiansky line looked solid again. Haven't seen Dano/Mikus out there, but that's 4th line anyways, meh, young kids are not going to be huge difference makers at this level.

EDIT: Well they blew a point, but at least Kukumberg with a great individual effort to win the game...
Shame to loose a point like this, oh well...

Kukumberg was solid throughout the match, I think he deserved MOTM more than Visnovsky but I guess that award was a bit more symbolic, due to what Visnovsky did with Islanders. You also should have seen the first period, the crowd kept chanting his name.

ebis is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
  #224
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Shame to loose a point like this, oh well...

Kukumberg was solid throughout the match, I think he deserved MOTM more than Visnovsky but I guess that award was a bit more symbolic, due to what Visnovsky did with Islanders. You also should have seen the first period, the crowd kept chanting his name.
Damn, I missed it. I updated my avatar as a symbolic gesture for Vis

Crowd was super loud throughout the 3rd and OT though, gotta love that crowd, it's very similiar to what we have here in WPG!

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 03:13 PM
  #225
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
"Vladimír Mihálik, ktorý nedohral dnešný zápas po tvrdom ataku Kosticyna, absolvoval vyšetrenia v nemocnici, ktoré nepotvrdili vnutrolebečné poranenia ani poranenia chrbtice. Vlado tak bude trénerovi Čadovi k dispozícii už v ďalšom zápase."

Mihalik, who left the arena in a stretcher wearing a neck brace passed all the tests at the hospital, who found no serious neck/spine injuries, so it says that he'll be available for the next game.

Tatanik is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.