HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary - Minnesota

Old
01-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Langdon Alger*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
The value isn't good but Butler gets so **** on you would think Calgary traded Iginla for him. He spends the entire time playing against teams top lines and starts the second least amount of shifts in the offensive zone. He lead the league in corsi rel QoC. He had less turn overs then Gio did in 7 more games playing against first lines when Gio got second lines and played over 2 minutes of pk time a night all of this in only his second season playing over 50 games. Jbo had worse +- with every other partner than Butler Jbo looked bad because of Sutter not Butler. Outside of the Boston game where everyone looked like **** he was a -2 on team that was -9 without the boston game.
I have this opinion of Butler because I've watched him play a ton. I missed three or four Flames games last year, and that was only because they conflicted with work. I live in Hamilton and get to see the Sabres a lot too, so I was well acquainted with his style before he was a Flame. From having watched him play 150 or so times, my opinion of him is that he's a complete disaster and shouldn't be out there more than 10 minutes a game if you want the team to win.

My point is, you're not going to change my opinion of Chris Butler with a calculator.

Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:39 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon Alger View Post
I have this opinion of Butler because I've watched him play a ton. I missed three or four Flames games last year, and that was only because they conflicted with work. I live in Hamilton and get to see the Sabres a lot too, so I was well acquainted with his style before he was a Flame. From having watched him play 150 or so times, my opinion of him is that he's a complete disaster and shouldn't be out there more than 10 minutes a game if you want the team to win.

My point is, you're not going to change my opinion of Chris Butler with a calculator.
I don't want to change your opinion he was over his last year but was still not as bad as you make him out to be.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Devonator

Horrible trade...Butler is a bum.....Wild laugh and walk away!!

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Chris Butler, straight up, wouldn't be on the first page of trade proposals if Clutterbuck was made available.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote