HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly

Old
01-08-2013, 11:34 AM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Replace Connolly with Bozak and O'Brien with Wilson and I think the Avs do it. They just resigned O'Brien... Colorado really does not operate that way. Or I would be starting Jones trade threads all day long.

Wilson is better than O'Brien yes but Bozak is better than Connolly and fits what I would imagine the Avs being happy with as a third line center.

For all the fun that we make of Bozak I could totally see the Avs going after him as a UFA to fill the third line role if we traded one of our centers anyways.

Personally I like the Kulikov idea better but I don't really see a center FLA would part with in the same type of deal.
Gardiner and Bozak for O'Reilly and Wilson still seems pretty fair to me. I think Toronto would push to add Connolly instead of Bozak because it would balance the salaries out better once O'Reilly signs. The base of the proposal is Gardiner for O'Reilly and I think that's a pretty good place to start.

heusy_79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:36 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Gardiner and Bozak for O'Reilly and Wilson still seems pretty fair to me. I think Toronto would push to add Connolly instead of Bozak because it would balance the salaries out better once O'Reilly signs. The base of the proposal is Gardiner for O'Reilly and I think that's a pretty good place to start.
Hate it.
Rather add a pick or prospect to O'Reilly and go after Kulikov or Yandle.
We need somebody more proven next to EJ.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:51 PM
jmoss45

I've wanted O'Reilly on the Oilers for a while. I'd offer:
Paajarvi+Lander+ O'Mark.

OR

Paajarvi+ Gernat/Musil

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:52 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Paajarvi+Lander+ O'Mark.

OR

Paajarvi+ Gernat/Musil
There is no chance that the Avs accept this. The value is bad and it doesn't fill our needs.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:54 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
There is no chance that the Avs accept this. The value is bad and it doesn't fill our needs.
I'm not sure what you are expecting to get then. If money wasn't an issue in colorado, wouldn't he already have a new contract?

Might be better off moving Statsny.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Paajarvi+Lander+ O'Mark.

OR

Paajarvi+ Gernat/Musil
So some prospects we don't need for O'Reilly? And to a division
rival? I'd happily trade O'Reilly straight up for Gardiner before accepting this. Basically a bunch of stuff the Oilers don't need for one of our top young players. Typical HF...

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are expecting to get then. If money wasn't an issue in colorado, wouldn't he already have a new contract?

Paul will be moved before Rhino, I think that is a given.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

Money is not an issue in Colorado. And Paajarvi has very little value at this point, certainly not enough to be the main piece in a package for a player like Oreilly.

We wouldn't move Oreilly to EDM unless it was for one of the big four, which doesn't really fill a need for us.

As others have said, if he's traded it will be a part of a package for a Top pairing Dman or potential one such as Yandle/Kulikov/etc.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:11 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

I would love ROR on the Sabres but I am scared what the Avs would ask in return.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
If money wasn't an issue in colorado, wouldn't he already have a new contract?
He can't sign until the CBA is ratified.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:10 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Hate it.
Rather add a pick or prospect to O'Reilly and go after Kulikov or Yandle.
We need somebody more proven next to EJ.
Those guys would be my first choice as well, but I don't see either of those teams parting with a center as well in the package. Which we would need coming back ideally.

Bozak's connection to Denver gives him a fairly high probability of resigning, and he has some experience playing in a top 6 role when needed.

I could possibly see us trading O'Reilly for Yandle/Kulikov and then just gutting it out and going after one of the 2nd or 3rd line centers that hits the UFA market. That also goes against what the team (Sakic) has been saying about expecting the team to take the next step.

Although even if we made the playoffs we probably wouldn't go far without a legit 3rd line center, but personally I think Colorado needs at least one more top 15 1st round pick. So basically the team would be accepting the fact that there would be almost no chance of competing with a trade like that.

Bozak and Zajac could both possibly hit the UFA market though, and without making the playoffs we would at least be in the lottery for the first overall pick.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:18 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Those guys would be my first choice as well, but I don't see either of those teams parting with a center as well in the package. Which we would need coming back ideally.

Bozak's connection to Denver gives him a fairly high probability of resigning, and he has some experience playing in a top 6 role when needed.

I could possibly see us trading O'Reilly for Yandle/Kulikov and then just gutting it out and going after one of the 2nd or 3rd line centers that hits the UFA market. That also goes against what the team (Sakic) has been saying about expecting the team to take the next step.

Although even if we made the playoffs we probably wouldn't go far without a legit 3rd line center, but personally I think Colorado needs at least one more top 15 1st round pick. So basically the team would be accepting the fact that there would be almost no chance of competing with a trade like that.

Bozak and Zajac could both possibly hit the UFA market though, and without making the playoffs we would at least be in the lottery for the first overall pick.

To me Bozak is just a non- factor in any trade. Is he nice to have? Probably but to a certain extent you can always get depth.Especially when you have a crapload of money to spend.
Also we may already have a solid 3rd line Center in Malone, Sgarbossa (should play top 6 though) or god help us Hishon. Stazz would have to move into the more defensive role but I am sure he is capable of that if necessary. He already played with 3rd liners for the majority of the last 2 years so it would not make a big difference
We let Jay McClement go to the Leafs and I like him way more as 3rd line center than Bozak who puts up a few more points but is also going to be way more expensive.
You can always sign him or a similar player as an UFA.

And Gardiner for ROR is just a No-Go. We can't afford to trade our young proven talent for young less proven talent.
Recipe for failure.

Last edited by JoemAvs: 01-08-2013 at 03:26 PM.
JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:33 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
I would love ROR on the Sabres but I am scared what the Avs would ask in return.
Tyler Myers, we would add

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
Tyler Myers, we would add
Damnit, this is where the negotiations end

Old
01-08-2013, 03:46 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr View Post
Before all the threads about O'Reilly start popping up, let me just say I do think he will re-sign with the Avalanche fairly shortly now that a CBA deal has been reached.

However, if a deal cannot be reached between the Avalanche and O'Reilly, what would you offer as a fan of another team to land him?
I know other Oiler fans won't like this ,but what about Gagner , Edmontons 1st 2013 , and another prospect that is not one of our Dman

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:49 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I know other Oiler fans won't like this ,but what about Gagner , Edmontons 1st 2013 , and another prospect that is not one of our Dman
Why would we be interested in that? We don't need picks and Gagner isn't appealing IMO

Old
01-08-2013, 03:52 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
So some prospects we don't need for O'Reilly? And to a division
rival? I'd happily trade O'Reilly straight up for Gardiner before accepting this. Basically a bunch of stuff the Oilers don't need for one of our top young players. Typical HF...
I am an Oiler fan and we have to offer something good . Not spare parts . Let start with our 1st rd pick this year and add . I know Oiler fans won't like it ,but whats our biggest need ? a second line center . Oh we can draft one , and take time to develop him .

Old
01-08-2013, 03:54 PM
supert

Quote:
Why would we be interested in that? We don't need picks and Gagner isn't appealing IMO
I put Gagner in there , because i thought with sending a center our way you may need one coming back . Gagner as a stop gap .

Old
01-08-2013, 03:57 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I put Gagner in there , because i thought with sending a center our way you may need one coming back . Gagner as a stop gap .
Sure but we still would want a more valuable d man and not the 2013 pick. We are not good trading partners because you guys need the same thing we need

Old
01-08-2013, 04:27 PM
supert

Quote:
Sure but we still would want a more valuable d man and not the 2013 pick. We are not good trading partners because you guys need the same thing we need
I agree . He just one of the missing pieces need to finish off a rebuild . Hopefully soon we can be discussing our teams in the playoffs battling each other for a trip to the finals

Old
01-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
These Oilers proposals are hilarious.

Thankfully this will all stop in a couple of days when re-signs.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Relevant article from Terry Frei of the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/frei/ci_22...er?source=jBar

Old
01-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Relevant article from Terry Frei of the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/frei/ci_22...er?source=jBar
I disagree.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Raithe

So I was thinking that if the avs were to trade ROR I'd like to see something like this COL trades
O'Reilly
Jones
one prospect Elliot, Barrie, Siemens etc
one roster D who isn't EJ lets say Wilson
2nd 2013
1st 2014 if needed

for

PHX
Yandle
Hanzal
Korpikoski

The Avs give up the best player in ROR and I think he would work perfectly in Phoenix with their style of play

it gives the Avs a top 9 of Lando-Stastny-Mcginn Hejduk-Duchene-PA Korpikoski-Hanzal-Downie and a top pairing D of Yandle-EJ

it also give Pheonix a top 6 of Boedker - ROR - Doan
Vrbata - Vermette - Jones

and the D would still be good with OEL - Michalek
Wilson - Klesla
Morris - Elliot/Gormly

I think it works for both teams pretty well

Raithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:28 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
So I was thinking that if the avs were to trade ROR I'd like to see something like this COL trades
O'Reilly
Jones
one prospect Elliot, Barrie, Siemens etc
one roster D who isn't EJ lets say Wilson
2nd 2013
1st 2014 if needed

for

PHX
Yandle
Hanzal
Korpikoski

The Avs give up the best player in ROR and I think he would work perfectly in Phoenix with their style of play

it gives the Avs a top 9 of Lando-Stastny-Mcginn Hejduk-Duchene-PA Korpikoski-Hanzal-Downie and a top pairing D of Yandle-EJ

it also give Pheonix a top 6 of Boedker - ROR - Doan
Vrbata - Vermette - Jones

and the D would still be good with OEL - Michalek
Wilson - Klesla
Morris - Elliot/Gormly

I think it works for both teams pretty well
I can tell you this... A lot of Phoenix fans wouldn't trade Hanzal for O'Reilly straight up. (They think hes the most underrated player in the NHL) They really wouldn't trade BOTH Yandle and Hanzal in the same deal.

While I think the Value is close, I also think you're going to get flamed by any Phoenix fan that sees this.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote