HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers interested in Dominic Moore

Old
01-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

vCash: 500
I gotta admit, I can't really stand his face. Still remember that game two years ago when he ran Lundqvist twice. We all lost our ****. He kinda fits this team though.

Sad to hear about his wife.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:41 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yeah exactly. Never understood people's hatred for the guy because he spoke the truth about our organization.
Not that I care about the comments (or have anything against Moore, who I'd be happy to see back in Ranger blue), but it might have something to do with the fact that at the time Moore was talking about how it's an 'accomplishment' to break in with the Rangers and they just get rid of youth, the following players also had the accomplishment of breaking in with the same team:
Prucha
Lundqvist
Tyutin
Betts
Ortmeyer
Hollweg

and you could probably through in Hossa, Kondratiev and Immonen as well. Moore wasn't a pioneer or anything, so probably didn't need to make the comments.

Regardless, you'd hope it was all 'water under the bridge' from both sides

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:45 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Nash - Richards - Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Hagelin - Moore - Pyatt
Rupp - Boyle - Asham

Extra: Haley or Halpern

Suddenly looks a lot deeper to me...
Agreed. I like it.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
Agreed. I like it.
He rounds out the lineup well, as i'd much prefer Moore-Boyle to Boyle-Halpern.

Jeff however likely wants to be an every day player, and we've lost the ability to move Stepan to the left comfortably because Anisimov and Dubinsky are gone as top 6 center cover and Boyle would be out of his element in that position.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:48 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
He was absolutely correct.

He was not. The rangers were going through a youth movement starting at the 2004 deadline. If the rangers weren't going with youth they would have never had Blair Betts as a third line center and Moore as a fourth line center that's season. His comments were pure BS.

That said, I would love him as the third line center this year. He would be a great addition.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:49 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Dom Moore would be a great addition to this club and give us really good depth on the Bottom 6.

Tough to hear about his wife though. That's awful.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:49 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
He rounds out the lineup well, as i'd much prefer Moore-Boyle to Boyle-Halpern.

Jeff however likely wants to be an every day player, and we've lost the ability to move Stepan to the left comfortably because Anisimov and Dubinsky are gone as top 6 center cover and Boyle would be out of his element in that position.
Well I'd say that Jeff has the opportunity to win a job.

If he loses it to Moore and Boyle we can trade him.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:51 PM
mschmidt64

Other athletes have lost people close to them and continued to play. Robert Kraft who owns the Patriots lost his wife and he did not step away.

I can imagine that with his loss coming just yesterday, Moore will be in no emotional state to start the season within a week.

But in a month from now if he wants to play he can come here.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:52 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Boyle has more points over the last two seasons than Moore does. More goals too. He's also younger and bigger.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 01-08-2013 at 04:00 PM.
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Meh, whatever.

Good depth signing - would not beat Boyle on the depth chart. Those saying Dom Moore is a better option are fooling themselves.

I always wondered why he gets traded at seemingly every deadline. Is it because hes a really valuable commodity, or is something more sinister at play?

Coincidentally, the whole team really seems to love Boyle - one of those intangibles that does go a long way.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mschmidt64

Boyle-Moore is fine as opposed to Moore-Boyle.

Really, replacing Halpern is my main objective.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Boyle has more points over the last two seasons than Moore does. More goals too. He's also younger and bigger.
But Boyle sucks!

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
did you miss the memo? boyle stinks

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:57 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
He was absolutely correct.
Not after the lockout.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:01 PM
mike14

also, if we sign Moore,we're pretty much guaranteed another 2nd rnd pick at the deadline.....

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:04 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
did you miss the memo? boyle stinks
Naw, I'm just stubborn and pig-headed.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:04 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Horrible news about his wife. Condolences. Wish they could find what causes cancer, it's such a general thing. Just awful.

His comments about the Rangers were just reinforcing a sweeping generalization which was untrue. As some other posters said, they started a youth movement around the 2004 deadline and every year have added at least 2-3 players.

The whole "Rangers don't have patience with their youth and sign everyone to large contracts" is a stereotype from the dreadful years. It's just people hating the Rangers for the sake of hating them. That's why I'm annoyed with Moore's comments. If he does want to come back, it's fine at this point.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:07 PM
SnowblindNYR

Why are people saying like it's 100% that he won't play this season? How many people take a year off work after a personal tragedy?

Old
01-08-2013, 04:09 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Horrible news about his wife. Condolences. Wish they could find what causes cancer, it's such a general thing. Just awful.

His comments about the Rangers were just reinforcing a sweeping generalization which was untrue. As some other posters said, they started a youth movement around the 2004 deadline and every year have added at least 2-3 players.

The whole "Rangers don't have patience with their youth and sign everyone to large contracts" is a stereotype from the dreadful years. It's just people hating the Rangers for the sake of hating them. That's why I'm annoyed with Moore's comments. If he does want to come back, it's fine at this point.
Exactly. It's like a player leaving the Devils last year and saying "good thing I left, they're boring and they play the trap".

Old
01-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Thinking back, i'm still a little shocked we traded Moore after one year for Hall, who we traded for Dupuis, who we traded for Bourret, while all the time and for the next 2 years Ryan Hollweg was occupying a spot on our starting roster.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:13 PM
fxhomie

Dominic Moore may have been a solid player during his time with the Rangers, but he was soft as a marshmellow and didn't play very well during his stint with the Sharks. Perhaps his wife's illness at the time had something to do with that.

fxhomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:14 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:

In exactly what context was it untrue? He was drafted in 2000 and left the team after the 2005-2006 season. Do we really have to bring out the list of prospects traded and underachievers signed or traded for during that time period?

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Thinking back, i'm still a little shocked we traded Moore after one year for Hall, who we traded for Dupuis, who we traded for Bourret, while all the time and for the next 2 years Ryan Hollweg was occupying a spot on our starting roster.
Hollweg at least filled a role until he started completely losing his mind.

Moore doesnt score all that much and is pretty damn soft. I could see why we traded him. I can see why a lot of teams traded him. Hes just sort of another body capable of taking an NHL shift.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Not that I care about the comments (or have anything against Moore, who I'd be happy to see back in Ranger blue), but it might have something to do with the fact that at the time Moore was talking about how it's an 'accomplishment' to break in with the Rangers and they just get rid of youth, the following players also had the accomplishment of breaking in with the same team:
Prucha
Lundqvist
Tyutin
Betts
Ortmeyer
Hollweg

and you could probably through in Hossa, Kondratiev and Immonen as well. Moore wasn't a pioneer or anything, so probably didn't need to make the comments.

Regardless, you'd hope it was all 'water under the bridge' from both sides
Not really an impressive list, especially when you weed out the guys that debuted post-lockout and Betts who started his career in Calgary. The Rangers were notorious for buying teams and not giving kids a real opportunity to break into the big club. In fact, I think our inability to build a team without a checkbook led to the demise of quite a few solid prospects. However, that's not really the point. We spent tons of money and got nowhere. Moore was right in his assessment.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

He was drafted and Rangers property for the majority of those "dark years" so Im not going to kill him for saying that.

As for the so-called "youth movement," yea, its a nice story. Giving them a chance has garnered a very solid foundation.

But this team will go as far as the top-shelf talent takes them.

Richards, Nash, Gaborik, and Lundqvist.

3 mercenaries and an all-world goaltender they lucked out on.