HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Dominic Moore

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2013, 04:24 PM
  #76
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why are people saying like it's 100% that he won't play this season? How many people take a year off work after a personal tragedy?
How many people can financially afford to take a year off after a personal tragedy?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:25 PM
  #77
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
Moore would be a good addition to add depth to the bottom six, but I am even more interested in Paul Ranger. Ranger was an absolute stud defenseman with Torts in Tampa Bay, and has apparently looked good in the AHL this year after his impromptu absence.

McDonagh - Girari
Staal - Stralman
Del Zotto - Ranger
Eminger/Bickel

That defense would be swoon-worthy.

If you could finagle Moore + Ranger (while re-signing Del Zotto), you'd be looking at practically an ideal lineup without any obvious weaknesses.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
  #78
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Moore would be a good addition to add depth to the bottom six, but I am even more interested in Paul Ranger. Ranger was an absolute stud defenseman with Torts in Tampa Bay, and has apparently looked good in the AHL this year.

McDonagh - Girari
Staal - Stralman
Del Zotto - Ranger
Eminger/Bickel

That defense would be swoon-worthy.

If you could finagle Moore + Ranger (which re-signing Del Zotto), you'd be looking at practically an ideal lineup without any obvious weaknesses.
Come on. If his name wasn't Ranger would anyone possibly adding him?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
  #79
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
He was drafted and Rangers property for the majority of those "dark years" so Im not going to kill him for saying that.

As for the so-called "youth movement," yea, its a nice story. Giving them a chance has garnered a very solid foundation.

But this team will go as far as the top-shelf talent takes them.

Richards, Nash, Gaborik, and Lundqvist.

3 mercenaries and an all-world goaltender they lucked out on.
Without a solid defense, Staal (draft pick), McDonagh (trade when he was just a prospect), Girardi (undrafted FA), and MDZ (draft pick) (oh and Sauer would have been here, a draft pick), we'd be maybe a #6 seed capable of stealing one round MAYBE. As is we're oe of the favorites for the cup.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:27 PM
  #80
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Not really an impressive list, especially when you weed out the guys that debuted post-lockout and Betts who started his career in Calgary. The Rangers were notorious for buying teams and not giving kids a real opportunity to break into the big club. In fact, I think our inability to build a team without a checkbook led to the demise of quite a few solid prospects. However, that's not really the point. We spent tons of money and got nowhere. Moore was right in his assessment.
Outside of Tyutin and Lundqvist it's not an impressive list at all, but as Moore isn't an 'impressive" NHLer I'd still say my point stands. Being 'youth' and making the Rangers 05/06 team wasn't anything awesome, and trades in hockey happen all the time. Sure, the pre-lockout (can't even use that term any more ) teams wasted a lot of money chasing the number 8 spot every year while ruining some kids along the way (Malholtra comes to mind), but none of that had any bearing on Moore or how he was treated by the team

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:28 PM
  #81
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
How many people can financially afford to take a year off after a personal tragedy?
That's a good point. However, somehow these people cope. It's not a given that he'll be so distraught that he won't want to play. Andy Reid's son died recently, he's back coaching with no time off. And he won't be wasting a year of his prime since he's a coach.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:28 PM
  #82
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Without a solid defense, Staal (draft pick), McDonagh (trade when he was just a prospect), Girardi (undrafted FA), and MDZ (draft pick) (oh and Sauer would have been here, a draft pick), we'd be maybe a #6 seed capable of stealing one round MAYBE. As is we're oe of the favorites for the cup.
Dont get me wrong, I love the defense (well, at least our top 5), and they are a very large portion of the strong foundation I was talking about.

But, in general, I feel that Lundqvist makes the defense look better than they actually are.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
  #83
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Dont get me wrong, I love the defense (well, at least our top 5), and they are a very large portion of the strong foundation I was talking about.

But, in general, I feel that Lundqvist makes the defense look better than they actually are.
Where were the Rangers in every season before the last one?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:39 PM
  #84
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Where were the Rangers in every season before the last one?
Mired in 6-9th in the East.

You think the sole reason for that was the defense?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:39 PM
  #85
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Where were the Rangers in every season before the last one?
Being carried on #30's shoulders... No doubt we have some decent defensemen, but it would be misguided to say Henrik doesn't make them look better. I'd love to see Emminger and Stralman playing in Edmonton or Columbus, wouldn't be pretty..

Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:40 PM
  #86
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
He was drafted and Rangers property for the majority of those "dark years" so Im not going to kill him for saying that.

As for the so-called "youth movement," yea, its a nice story. Giving them a chance has garnered a very solid foundation.

But this team will go as far as the top-shelf talent takes them.

Richards, Nash, Gaborik, and Lundqvist.

3 mercenaries and an all-world goaltender they lucked out on.
Why is Nash a mercenary? Because he came here via trade? The youth movement that led to the development of Dubi, Arty, and lucking out on Erixon is what brought him here.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:41 PM
  #87
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Moore would be a good addition to add depth to the bottom six, but I am even more interested in Paul Ranger. Ranger was an absolute stud defenseman with Torts in Tampa Bay, and has apparently looked good in the AHL this year after his impromptu absence.

McDonagh - Girari
Staal - Stralman
Del Zotto - Ranger
Eminger/Bickel

That defense would be swoon-worthy.

If you could finagle Moore + Ranger (while re-signing Del Zotto), you'd be looking at practically an ideal lineup without any obvious weaknesses.
Inpromptu absence? Paul Ranger hasnt played an NHL game in 3 years.

Great name though.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
  #88
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Why is Nash a mercenary? Because he came here via trade? The youth movement that led to the development of Dubi, Arty, and lucking out on Erixon is what brought him here.
Thats a stretch.

And yes, Rick Nash was not developed by the Rangers - he spent nearly a decade elsewhere, so thats the very definition of a mercenary.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
  #89
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Mired in 6-9th in the East.

You think the sole reason for that was the defense?
Not the sole reason but a big one for it.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:46 PM
  #90
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Being carried on #30's shoulders... No doubt we have some decent defensemen, but it would be misguided to say Henrik doesn't make them look better. I'd love to see Emminger and Stralman playing in Edmonton or Columbus, wouldn't be pretty..
Eminger and Stralman are 5th and 6th D-men on this team (naybe even 7th for Eminger). Don't pretend like they're the top pairing. How many teams in the league have great D-men on the bottom pairing? Stralman is very good for a #5 D-man.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:47 PM
  #91
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Not the sole reason but a big one for it.
Lundqvist was a far bigger one.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:47 PM
  #92
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thats a stretch.

And yes, Rick Nash was not developed by the Rangers - he spent nearly a decade elsewhere, so thats the very definition of a mercenary.
To me, a mercenary is a free agent. The biggest one I can think of is Marian Hossa 2007-2010. 3 years. 3 teams. Someone you traded for means that your assets, which in this case, have all been developed by the Rangers, helped you obtain that player.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:48 PM
  #93
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Come on. If his name wasn't Ranger would anyone possibly adding him?
If he was interested, I'd certainly be willing to give him a look. He was a very, very good d-man before his hiatus. If he can regain even half the form he had, I'd gladly take him over Eminger or Stralman.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:50 PM
  #94
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Lundqvist was a far bigger one.
He had his best year, but you don't think having the best defensive team since he got here had something to do with it? Look at what happened to him when the D fell apart in March, April, and the Devils series. Granted he made it worse by giving up bad goals regularly.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:52 PM
  #95
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If he was interested, I'd certainly be willing to give him a look. He was a very, very good d-man before his hiatus. If he can regain even half the form he had, I'd gladly take him over Eminger or Stralman.
I like how you're including Stralman into that and not Bickel. Stralman was a solid D-man for this team.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:53 PM
  #96
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
To call Rick Nash a mercenary is the funniest joke I've heard in a long time. Last time I checked, mercenaries do things for the sole purpose of money. Since when does requesting a trade so that he can have a shot at winning, something completely devoid of money, constitute as being a mercenary?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:54 PM
  #97
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
First off the reason Moore was traded was because the Rangers wanted to make room for both Matt Cullen and Jarko Immonen to bolster the center position. There was no point having two fourth line centers. Immonen never really took off, mostly due to Renney and the footspeed thing and then the Rangers were left shorthanded.

Second, he would have had a chance in 04-05 if they didn't miss the entire season and at the end of his tenure he was a full-time player so I don't get why he was trashing the team. It wasn't called for.

Third, the players besides Henrik such as Tyutin, Orts, Moore, Hollweg, Betts, Prucha, and even Hossa and to a certain extent Jason Ward all became full-time NHL players with the Rangers so it doesn't matter if Blair Betts played 12 games with Calgary or whatever.

Not everyone plays in the NHL for ten years, injuries happen, skills deteriorate, etc. Rick Vaive and Tony Tanti never really made it out of the 80s. Tomas Kloucek should still be playing if not for injuries. Even Rangers like Mike Allison and Mark Pavelich had a few great seasons and were banged up. For about five years, all of those guys that broke in during the 2005-06 season were solid NHLers and some still would be if not for injuries (Betts-Shoulder, Orts-Blood Clot, Prucha-getting banged up in a small frame....I still think that knee injury before the Olympics really screwed his development up).

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:57 PM
  #98
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
To call Rick Nash a mercenary is the funniest joke I've heard in a long time. Last time I checked, mercenaries do things for the sole purpose of money. Since when does requesting a trade so that he can have a shot at winning, something completely devoid of money, constitute as being a mercenary?
Maybe the Rangers will give him a big bonus if they win the cup?

Looking at you avatar. My God, was he a chubby kid.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:00 PM
  #99
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Maybe the Rangers will give him a big bonus if they win the cup?

Looking at you avatar. My God, was he a chubby kid.
He still looks chubby.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
  #100
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I like how you're including Stralman into that and not Bickel. Stralman was a solid D-man for this team.
You make too many assumptions. I thought it was obvious that Bickel was included by default considering he's our #7 right now.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.