HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III

View Poll Results: Would you accept the Edmonton Oilers acquiring Luongo from the Vancouver Canucks?
Yes 103 35.64%
No 186 64.36%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 12:03 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinguy View Post
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
Have been at rinkand have not scrolled down last couple of hours of tweets, so sorry if this is repeat, but re KHL: told that last Friday...

...last Friday, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Datsyuk were preparing press release to announce they intended to remain in KHL regardless...

Told that quartet hd been promised immense amount of money (guarantee fromn Putin) to stay in KHL and not return to NHL...

Told that NHLPA was able to talk players out of issuing statement...Ovechkin has returned, Datsyuk has pledged to honor last 2 yrs with Det

Does anybody know if this guy is legit?
Larry Brooks? yeah he is one of th emost famous american hockey writers over the last 2 decades

Old
01-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinguy View Post
Have been at rinkand have not scrolled down last couple of hours of tweets, so sorry if this is repeat, but re KHL: told that last Friday...

...last Friday, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Datsyuk were preparing press release to announce they intended to remain in KHL regardless...

Told that quartet hd been promised immense amount of money (guarantee fromn Putin) to stay in KHL and not return to NHL...

Told that NHLPA was able to talk players out of issuing statement...Ovechkin has returned, Datsyuk has pledged to honor last 2 yrs with Det

Does anybody know if this guy is legit?
That would be Brooksie, probably the most famous NHL reporter from the NY area(likes get in fights with the coach). It's up in the air if it's fully legit and accurate, but it's a lot more worrisome coming from him than if someone like Eklund posted it.

It also jives with Mackenzie's tweets the other day, it just names names.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:19 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
That would be Brooksie, probably the most famous NHL reporter from the NY area(likes get in fights with the coach). It's up in the air if it's fully legit and accurate, but it's a lot more worrisome coming from him than if someone like Eklund posted it.

Didn't Ovechkin just fly back recently?

Old
01-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Didn't Ovechkin just fly back recently?
Yeah.

Says right in the tweets, NHLPA convinced Datsyuk/Ovechkin to come back.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:26 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post

Brooksie is the PA's New York mouthpiece, so I would take it with the idea that there is some truth behind it. The IIHF rules don't account for older players apparently. Someone posted in the main forum the rules, and it appears that it's only for people 31 and under. So Kovy and Datsyuk wouldn't really get punished. Not to mention the NHL is not a part of the IIHF.

I think we are going back into one of those phases where the best Russians won't be drafted until 15-25 at the highest. Noone is going to use lotto picks on them.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

The only Russian I care about is Yak. The rest can wither in Siberia for all I care.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:40 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Brooksie is the PA's New York mouthpiece, so I would take it with the idea that there is some truth behind it. The IIHF rules don't account for older players apparently. Someone posted in the main forum the rules, and it appears that it's only for people 31 and under. So Kovy and Datsyuk wouldn't really get punished. Not to mention the NHL is not a part of the IIHF.

I think we are going back into one of those phases where the best Russians won't be drafted until 15-25 at the highest. Noone is going to use lotto picks on them.
Didn't realize it was for 31 and older, that's going to throw a wrench in everything.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:44 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
The only Russian I care about is Yak. The rest can wither in Siberia for all I care.
Speaking of Yakupov, has he come back to Canada yet?

Old
01-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
That is the crux of the issue for us, we just aquired a young russian star with a very valuable number one overall pick.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:47 PM
joestevens29

I also don't know if Russians will fall that much further than they have in the pass. If you have a NHL contract you can't really go to Russia unless the team lets you. If you are truly an elite player would you really give up your IIHF eligibility? If anything it's going to hurt the Russians that are close to that 31 clause when it comes to getting a long-term deal in the NHL.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:00 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Joe is right, any russian that wants to play in the olympics in Sochi will be on a plane back to NA as soon as the team asks them to.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:06 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
Joe is right, any russian that wants to play in the olympics in Sochi will be on a plane back to NA as soon as the team asks them to.
Unless this 31 and under thing is for real, although Kovalchuk is 29 so it applies to him.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:08 PM
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
Speaking of Yakupov, has he come back to Canada yet?
I read tweets yesterday saying he is on his way back.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
tv14

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:16 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Klefbom will be a full time Oiler by the end of next season. I can see him starting in the AHL - but he will make his way on to this team quicker than you think.

Musil and Marincin are longer term prospects. 3 full years in the AHL are likely - which means Marincin might make the big club in 2015 and Musil in 2016.
Marincin is definitely a while off, but I don't get why people think Musil will take so long. He's one of our more NHL ready prospects. He's certainly not going to come in and play top 2 minutes or anything, but in a pinch, I'd rather have him than a guy like Plante, even as early as next season

Old
01-08-2013, 02:00 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Malkin is probably the best player in the world right now. Would be crazy if he didn't come back

Old
01-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Lacaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post

If that's the case I'm callling big steaming pile of BS.

Why would the PA get in the way of letting a player like Datsyuk or Kovalchuk from making that type of decision if it's prefectly within the agreement. What's their logic? Don't stay we'll miss you in our Union?

It's a scare move launched by a reporter that's most likely on the PA payroll or some kind of PA perk schedule. It's the back end of a worthless threat launched by the PA to try and prove it had some legs.

Shame on the Union for either denying one of its members their legal wishes or shame on the PA for trying to put out this lie in effort to subterfuge the NHL's ability to lock its players out.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:11 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
If that's the case I'm callling big steaming pile of BS.

Why would the PA get in the way of letting a player like Datsyuk or Kovalchuk from making that type of decision if it's prefectly within the agreement. What's their logic? Don't stay we'll miss you in our Union?

It's a scare move launched by a reporter that's most likely on the PA payroll or some kind of PA perk schedule. It's the back end of a worthless threat launched by the PA to try and prove it had some legs.

Shame on the Union for either denying one of its members their legal wishes or shame on the PA for trying to put out this lie in effort to subterfuge the NHL's ability to lock its players out.
If an NHL player has a contract they're not honoring it makes the PA look bad. It's part of being in the Union and towing the line. If Datsyuk and Malkin didnt come back they're unfairly hurting future NHLPA Russian players. Which the PA should have a problem with, I would have been surprised if their respective PA representatives had not contacted them and asked them to return.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:13 PM
misfit

Also, their deal is based on a percentage of NHL revenues, not KHL revenues. A league with Malkin/Ovechkin/Datsyuk/Kovalchuk is likely to be more marketable than one without it.

01-08-2013, 04:02 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Anyone know if Mark Eaton was signed? Might make a good option for the bottom pairing.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:19 PM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Anyone know if Mark Eaton was signed? Might make a good option for the bottom pairing.
Oh god I missed hockey talk.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:23 PM
joestevens29

A.Kostitsyn and that guy that Colorado fans said that would be better than Hemsky also invited to Panthers TC.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
If we're talking about free agents, If Kubina isn't available, I'd be somewhat interested in D Brett Clark on a one year deal. I mean, he's old, absolutely (36), but I think he'd be decent in a bottom pairing role. He's gritty and blocks shots. Played most of his minutes at ES and on the PK.

01-08-2013, 04:34 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
If we're talking about free agents, If Kubina isn't available, I'd be somewhat interested in D Brett Clark on a one year deal. I mean, he's old, absolutely (36), but I think he'd be decent in a bottom pairing role. He's gritty and blocks shots. Played most of his minutes at ES and on the PK.
Doesn't Clark play a bit of forward to? Could take over Struds old role on the team. I could see us signing 2 d men Peckham and Potter need to be in the AHL to start the season.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Doesn't Clark play a bit of forward to? Could take over Struds old role on the team. I could see us signing 2 d men Peckham and Potter need to be in the AHL to start the season.
Don't both need to clear waivers? Oil might take that chance on Potter, very doubtful on Peckham.

Closed Thread