HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers sign (D) Kurtis Foster (Jan. 13)

Old
01-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
We sign one of these guys every year. I might just stop calling them by their names and call them collectively BP, for Bottom Pair.

01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

vCash: 500
Swapping Fosters and Prongers brains, heard it here first

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Wait, What happened to Gus?

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Hurt his foot in the AHL. Just suffered another setback

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
He's the anglophone version of Marc-Andre Bergeron. Just understand what you get from him. He is hockey's version of a placekicker.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:19 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Wait, What happened to Gus?
took a shot off the foot, on crutches. Broken bone maybe?

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
He's the anglophone version of Marc-Andre Bergeron. Just understand what you get from him. He is hockey's version of a placekicker.
MAB could skate and pass. Foster isn't the least creative guy but he definitely looks his size when he skates.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:48 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
took a shot off the foot, on crutches. Broken bone maybe?
X-rays were negative

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Zippy316

Some on the Devils board set it perfectly:

"Flyers are happy they are getting Foster, Devils fans are happy the Flyers are getting Foster"

You know there's a problem when that happens. Seriously, the guy is awful. Sure, you could shelter him and just play him on the PP with limited even strength minutes, but he really doesn't offer anything besides his shot. His creativity isn't good at all, his passing isn't anything spectacular, he doesn't use his size, and his defense isn't atrocious.

I give it three weeks before Flyers fans hate him, in New Jersey, it got to the point where this thread was made: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1086477. That was only a month and like 9 days since the Devils acquired him.

Some of the highlights from that thread:

"Just move Foster to Championship Plaza and put the dopey bronze statue on the ice, it would give us better defense."
"Dowd's running a camp looking for Foster's replacement. (with pictures of kids playing hockey)."

Last edited by Zippy316: 01-08-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:37 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Swapping Fosters and Prongers brains, heard it here first
This is brilliant! Made my day

NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post

"Flyers are happy they are getting Foster, Devils fans are happy the Flyers are getting Foster"

You know there's a problem when that happens. Seriously, the guy is awful. Sure, you could shelter him and just play him on the PP with limited even strength minutes, but he really doesn't offer anything besides his shot. His creativity isn't good at all, his passing isn't anything spectacular, he doesn't use his size, and his defense isn't atrocious.

I give it three weeks before Flyers fans hate him, in New Jersey, it got to the point where this thread was made: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1086477. That was only a month and like 9 days since the Devils acquired him.

"Just move Foster to Championship Plaza and put the dopey bronze statue on the ice, it would give us better defense."
"Dowd's running a camp looking for Foster's replacement. (with pictures of kids playing hockey)."
This means Homer gave him a 2 year contract at 1.5 million.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:48 PM
hatcher

Foster isn't gonna be a top 4 dman but he is far from being a *****. He hits lots and can fight pretty good and can shoot like hell. Good depth signing and another R.Handed shot. Go to youtube for some of those hits and goals.

hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:49 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
I have very little recollection of ever really noticing Foster on the ice in past seasons. Usually that means a defenseman has quietly provided serviceable minutes.

Reading through that Devils thread, though, I hope the rumour isn't true.

01-08-2013, 07:01 PM
hatcher

Foster can hit really hard and although is far from perfect I think he'll be better than any of our Dmen down on the Phantoms. There was one game against Philly this past season where he lit up atleast 6 flyers and I was pissed off about it.

hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
Foster isn't gonna be a top 4 dman but he is far from being a *****. He hits lots and can fight pretty good and can shoot like hell. Good depth signing and another R.Handed shot. Go to youtube for some of those hits and goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
Foster can hit really hard and although is far from perfect I think he'll be better than any of our Dmen down on the Phantoms. There was one game against Philly this past season where he lit up atleast 6 flyers and I was pissed off about it.
I watched him for three straight months last year, never ever do I remember him dishing out a significant hit or anything positive except his shot. If you really want, look at some Devils games from mid December to the beginning of March, I guarantee that in just about every game, Foster is directly at fault for one goal or made an absolutely stupid play on it.

To go further, in the game that Larsson got injured in, Foster allowed a horrid SHG where he made absolutely no effort to stop the play. The Devils dressed 7 D, benched Foster after the SHG, and even after Larsson got hurt, Foster sat on the bench. Furthermore, just look at the amount of SHG the Devils had with Foster and then when we didn't.

Last edited by Zippy316: 01-08-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Stizzle

Who started this rumor? Where is this coming from? I haven't seen this posted by any of the usual Twitter guys.

Stizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:12 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post

Seriously though...we have no one else to play on our bottom pairing. We have Brutal Gervias and Andreas Slowja. They will most likely let him duke it out with them and maybe 1-2 phantoms players. If Gus or even MAB werent hurt this guy wouldnt be close to the team.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Seriously though...we have no one else to play on our bottom pairing. We have Brutal Gervias and Andreas Slowja. They will most likely let him duke it out with them and maybe 1-2 phantoms players. If Gus or even MAB werent hurt this guy wouldnt be close to the team.
I was gonna say there are better options, but other than Campoli, everyone else is awful. Campoli would've been a better option, I think.

Old
01-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

I think it was a Flyers vs Devils game in NJ last season (early game on the weekend, IIRC). Went to the Devils board during/after game to read their GDT and they were RIPPING Foster a new one.

It was hilarious at the time because he had a bad game against the Flyers, but now.......

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:12 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
I think it was a Flyers vs Devils game in NJ last season (early game on the weekend, IIRC). Went to the Devils board during/after game to read their GDT and they were RIPPING Foster a new one.

It was hilarious at the time because he had a bad game against the Flyers, but now.......
what to you expect? He's a bottom pairing defenseman...they **** up every now and then. that's why they see limited ice time

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:22 PM
BringBackStevens

Meh. More crappy bottom pairing D

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:57 PM
MP92
Catching flies

Haven't seen one credible source on Twitter even mention this. Where did you hear this from?

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:50 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I hope the report/rumor is farcical. I don't want more bottom feeders..we have enough of our own.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:33 AM
BillDineen

Never good when a divisional rival's fans are giving each other high fives over your team potentially signing a player.

When another team's fans feel they have to reach out to tell how bad someone is, (ex. Tampa fans referring to "Brutal Gervais") it is a player that is not going to make us happy.

Could be worse, they could have signed Randy Jones.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:47 AM
NjDevsRR

Kurtis Foster is so bad that everyone must state how brutal he is before even confirming that this is not a rumor. Poor guy.

NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote