HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-Washington

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2013, 05:54 PM
  #1
Greasy Sliders
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Boston-Washington

Boston's loaded up with defensive d-men , even with the possability of Hamilton playing this season, so giving up one of Mcquaid , Ference or Boychuk could open a spot for dougie.

Washington could use a stay at home d, as they've upgraded on forward , and have one of, if not the best, young goalies in the league who (at times) can really steal a game. Could also use a top 6 RW.

Option 1

Caps get

Boychuk
Peverley
Knight/Griffith

Bruins get
Carlson (+ if needed)

Option 2

Caps get

Mcquaid

Bruins get

Orlov

Add to both if needed.

Greasy Sliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:55 PM
  #2
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers10 View Post
Boston's loaded up with defensive d-men , even with the possability of Hamilton playing this season, so giving up one of Mcquaid , Ference or Boychuk could open a spot for dougie.

Washington could use a stay at home d, as they've upgraded on forward , and have one of, if not the best, young goalies in the league who (at times) can really steal a game. Could also use a top 6 RW.

Option 1

Caps get

Boychuk
Peverley
Knight/Griffith

Bruins get
Carlson (+ if needed)

Option 2

Caps get

Mcquaid

Bruins get

Orlov

Add to both if needed.
Caps say NO on trade 1 and no on trade 2.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:01 PM
  #3
inthewings
Registered User
 
inthewings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,072
vCash: 500
Both bad for Washington.

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
  #4
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,860
vCash: 500
Well, this one is easy. The Caps won't trade either Carlson or Orlov. Toss Alzner into that same category.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
  #5
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,105
vCash: 500
False. Boston is NOT stacked at D. As it is they will have to start Hamilton or Johnson as their 6th dman,, and that's WHEN McQuaid returns from injury.

Also, Boychuk is Boston's top pairing dman (Chara's partner), Peverly is the B's center/ wing who scores 50 points on their 3rd line while playing PK, PP, and point on PP when needed, very versatile. AND you also want Knight one of their top prospects? Carlson is nice but not worth that much from Boston.

B's decline.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:13 PM
  #6
glenbuis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Something like that may work on Burke but it won't on Macphee.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:16 PM
  #7
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
McQuaid is out indefinitely recovering from a pretty serious surgery. Earliest possible return is mid-February but it sounds like he's still quite a bit farther away than that.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM
  #8
Greasy Sliders
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
False. Boston is NOT stacked at D. As it is they will have to start Hamilton or Johnson as their 6th dman,, and that's WHEN McQuaid returns from injury.

Also, Boychuk is Boston's top pairing dman (Chara's partner), Peverly is the B's center/ wing who scores 50 points on their 3rd line while playing PK, PP, and point on PP when needed, very versatile. AND you also want Knight one of their top prospects? Carlson is nice but not worth that much from Boston.

B's decline.
My bad , last I remembered seidenberg was chara's partner.

Greasy Sliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:23 PM
  #9
BergyWho37
Registered User
 
BergyWho37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
False. Boston is NOT stacked at D. As it is they will have to start Hamilton or Johnson as their 6th dman,, and that's WHEN McQuaid returns from injury.

Also, Boychuk is Boston's top pairing dman (Chara's partner), Peverly is the B's center/ wing who scores 50 points on their 3rd line while playing PK, PP, and point on PP when needed, very versatile. AND you also want Knight one of their top prospects? Carlson is nice but not worth that much from Boston.

B's decline.
This ^ I love how teams / fans think we'd just throw our players away

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:31 PM
  #10
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers10 View Post
My bad , last I remembered seidenberg was chara's partner.
Only in the playoffs

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:33 PM
  #11
Dellstrom
We Like Eich
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,944
vCash: 500
There's actually 2 spots open for Hamilton. Corvo left and that spot is already his, and McQuaid is out for a while. We have Johnson and Hamilton in our starting 6 D, we are not stacked.

Changed my mind, I thought Carlson was a lot older, if you read my pre-edit...

I'd definitely do the first deal, and I think Chiarelli definitely would too. We give away two really important pieces and a good one in Knight/Griffith, but Boychuk is upgraded, and losing Peverley hurts a lot, but we're thin on D and a young defenseman who can be paired with Chara/Hamilton in the future is a pretty big need, too.


Last edited by Dellstrom: 01-08-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:34 PM
  #12
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,703
vCash: 500
1st deal? Hell yeah from the Bruins, but no way Caps trade Carlson.

2nd deal? Well, McQuaid is hurt but I assume you mean when he's healthy. Bruins don't do it, but I think it's fair and longterm I like Orlov more than I do McQuaid.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:37 PM
  #13
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
1st deal? Hell yeah from the Bruins, but no way Caps trade Carlson.

2nd deal? Well, McQuaid is hurt but I assume you mean when he's healthy. Bruins don't do it, but I think it's fair and longterm I like Orlov more than I do McQuaid.
Doc, list B's lineup if Boston makes that 1st trade

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:37 PM
  #14
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
This ^ I love how teams / fans think we'd just throw our players away
Throw players away? If a team offered you a combo = Peverly, Boychuk and Knight for Dougie Hamilton would you do it? Well, if Hamilton turns into Carlson the B's will be very very happy. Carlson is easiest the best piece in that deal and there's no way the B's would say no to it.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:41 PM
  #15
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,105
vCash: 500
Lucic Krejci Horton
Marchand Bergy Seguin
Caron Kelly Bourque
Paille Campbell Thornton

That becomes an ugly bottom 6. Carlson is certainly better than Boychuk, but THAT much better where you instantly become a bottom 6 black hole?

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:41 PM
  #16
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,967
vCash: 500
lovin, carlson is nice but not worth that much

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:42 PM
  #17
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Doc, list B's lineup if Boston makes that 1st trade
Knight is in Providence, Boychuk is replaced by vastly superior Carlson. It hurts to lose Peverly, but if you can add a 23 year old proven top pairing 2-way dman, at his expense I do it in a heartbeat.

Value is just way too good to turn down even if it means a downgrade at your 3rd line RW.

Upper echelon top pairing young dman locked up for awhile for a good 3rd line RW? Not a problem in my eyes.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
  #18
BergyWho37
Registered User
 
BergyWho37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Throw players away? If a team offered you a combo = Peverly, Boychuk and Knight for Dougie Hamilton would you do it? Well, if Hamilton turns into Carlson the B's will be very very happy. Carlson is easiest the best piece in that deal and there's no way the B's would say no to it.
Your deal for hamilton I'd probably do it ! So no Doc talk needed

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
  #19
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Lucic Krejci Horton
Marchand Bergy Seguin
Caron Kelly Bourque
Paille Campbell Thornton

That becomes an ugly bottom 6. Carlson is certainly better than Boychuk, but THAT much better where you instantly become a bottom 6 black hole?

LOL losing 11 goals makes a 3rd line a black hole?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:46 PM
  #20
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
Your deal for hamilton I'd probably do it ! So no Doc talk needed
There might be some teams open in our SIM league.... join up and I think we can work out some deals between us!

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:47 PM
  #21
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,105
vCash: 500
And at the moment (with cap decreasing next season) Bruins are destined to lose one of Horton or Krejci.

No Pevs =

Lucic Krejci Seguin
Marchand Bergy (Caron?)
Bourque Kelly (Whitfield?)

With Hamilton learning on the fly, there isn't an urgent need for Carlson. Not at the expense of making their middle lineup extremely bare.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:49 PM
  #22
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
And at the moment (with cap decreasing next season) Bruins are destined to lose one of Horton or Krejci.

No Pevs =

Lucic Krejci Seguin
Marchand Bergy (Caron?)
Bourque Kelly (Whitfield?)

With Hamilton learning on the fly, there isn't an urgent need for Carlson. Not at the expense of making their middle lineup extremely bare.
I value a young top pairing dman signed to a reasonable long term contract, a guy who played fantastic against you and shut down your team in the playoffs, more than I do a 30 year old 3m+ 11 goal scorer with a career high of 22.

We just differ on the value of those 2 players. Nothing personal.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:51 PM
  #23
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
LOL losing 11 goals makes a 3rd line a black hole?
That's your quick description of Peverly? "11 goals"?

We value him differently. He can plug into top 6 effortlessly and not look out of place.

I'm a Carlson fan, but the difference between he and Boychuk is not Peverly and Knight IMO.

Boychuk
Koko
Caron

Most

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:57 PM
  #24
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I value a young top pairing dman signed to a reasonable long term contract, a guy who played fantastic against you and shut down your team in the playoffs, more than I do a 30 year old 3m+ 11 goal scorer with a career high of 22.

We just differ on the value of those 2 players. Nothing personal.
Again, I respect Carlsons game. But in the playoffs Chara and Seidenberg do ok in shut down role.

I value B's depth. IMO a huge reason why they won the Cup in 2011. While Vancouver was rolling borderline 4th liners over the boards as their 3rd line, Julien responded with Kelly Peverly and Ryder.

Without Hamilton, perhaps this would be worth the gamble. But if Hamilton lives up to half his hype, I'm ok with (Chara Boychuk Seidenberg Hamilton) top 4 for the next 3 to 5 years.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:25 PM
  #25
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
OP assumes we need a defensive defenseman.
It's not true. We need one for the future maybe, and we can draft him. But right now:
Alzner
Hamrlik
Schultz/Erskine/Hillen/Schilling
No need at all.
Also, let me say it out loud, seeing Chris Bourque in the NHL would be lulz.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.