HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Possible Line Combos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 06:30 PM
  #276
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,804
vCash: 500
Foligno - Brassard - Dubinsky (Overmatched)
Umberger - Anisimov - Atkinson (Feed the Kid!)
Prospal - Letestu - Dorsett (Old Time Hockey!)
Gilles - MacKenzie - Boll

JMFJ - Wiz
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Moore
Erixon

Bobrovsky
Mason

Johansen, Savard and McElhinney start the year in Springfield, but we'll see them before the year is over.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:30 PM
  #277
Nanabijou
Drop the puck
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Foligno - Brassard - Dubinsky (Overmatched)
Umberger - Anisimov - Atkinson (Feed the Kid!)
Prospal - Letestu - Dorsett (Old Time Hockey!)
Gilles - MacKenzie - Boll

JMFJ - Wiz
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Moore
Erixon

Bobrovsky
Mason

Johansen, Savard and McElhinney start the year in Springfield, but we'll see them before the year is over.
I'm on board with this lineup opening day. Russell is also on the roster opening day - he and Gillies trade some time in the press box and fill in for injuries.

Expect to see Calvert up on the wing at some point during the season.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:50 PM
  #278
Nordique
I ain't even mad
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Foligno - Brassard - Dubinsky (Overmatched)
Umberger - Anisimov - Atkinson (Feed the Kid!)
Prospal - Letestu - Dorsett (Old Time Hockey!)
Gilles - MacKenzie - Boll

JMFJ - Wiz
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Moore
Erixon

Bobrovsky
Mason

Johansen, Savard and McElhinney start the year in Springfield, but we'll see them before the year is over.
Nice lines.

I like Gillies, would love to seem in on the ice opening night. Letestu is underrated and could break the top 6 if Brassard or Artem struggle... if not, he'll be solid on the 3rd. Can't wait to see Foligno throwing his weight around.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
  #279
smokeshow27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Umby Brass. Cam
Anniss. Johan Prospal
Duby Letestu Foligno
Boll Mackenzie Dorsett

smokeshow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:48 PM
  #280
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Foligno-Dubz-Anisimov
Umberger-Brass-Atkinson
Prospal-Jenner-Dorsett
Boll-Letestu-Gillies
Mackenzie

JMFJ-WIZ
Tyutes-Nik
Aucoin-Moore/Erixon

Bob
Mason

JD seems to be REALLY high on Boone and i think he'll give him a shot on the opening roster(teams are still waiting on the official word about the jrs right?) So if the option is still available to send him down, i would bet money Jenner starts in the NHL. Also Moore has been the best Dman on Springfield and i believe his time is now to make the jump. And then next year if aucoin retires or leaves look for Murray to take that spot. And then one of Erixon or (hopefully) savard being moved.


Last edited by slightlystewpid420: 01-08-2013 at 06:10 PM.
slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:10 PM
  #281
FlaggerX
Registered User
 
FlaggerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
JD seems to be REALLY high on Boone and i think he'll give him a shot on the opening roster(teams are still waiting on the official word about the jrs right?) So if the option is still available to send him down, i would bet money Jenner starts in the NHL. Also Moore has been the best Dman on Springfield and i believe his time is now to make the jump. And then next year if aucoin retires or leaves look for Murray to take that spot. And then one of Erixon or (hopefully) savard being moved.
If they can still give Jenner ten NHL games before sending him down, I like that idea. Long enough to give him a taste, short enough not to break him down. But he is developing an offensive game right now, and I like the idea of a checking center who can score 15-20. Might be better to have him keep working on that game, unless he just wows. us.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:16 PM
  #282
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
If they can still give Jenner ten NHL games before sending him down, I like that idea. Long enough to give him a taste, short enough not to break him down. But he is developing an offensive game right now, and I like the idea of a checking center who can score 15-20. Might be better to have him keep working on that game, unless he just wows. us.
Never know! AHH Jan. 19th cant come fast enough..

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:17 PM
  #283
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,272
vCash: 500
9 games for Jenner is ok with me. I read Davidson as a let them develop rather than a bring them in and see what happens. Obviously if a kid is ready and there is no doubt then he stays.

If Davidson was here last year would he have kept or sent Johansen back to Portland?

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:20 PM
  #284
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
9 games for Jenner is ok with me. I read Davidson as a let them develop rather than a bring them in and see what happens. Obviously if a kid is ready and there is no doubt then he stays.

If Davidson was here last year would he have kept or sent Johansen back to Portland?
I honestly believe Johansen should have played one more year in Portland.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:25 PM
  #285
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I honestly believe Johansen should have played one more year in Portland.
It was a bad deal for him on the fourth line with limited minutes. In hindight it would have been better for him to stay in juniors one more year.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:27 PM
  #286
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
It was a bad deal for him on the fourth line with limited minutes. In hindight it would have been better for him to stay in juniors one more year.
He could have probably put up 120pts in the Dub and taken the winterhawks to the memorial. Imagine him on there with Jones

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:30 PM
  #287
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
He could have probably put up 120pts in the Dub and taken the winterhawks to the memorial. Imagine him on there with Jones
Some would say that's agood thing, some would say not so good. The biggest thing for him would have been another year to mature.

Sore Loser?

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
  #288
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Some would say that's agood thing, some would say not so good. The biggest thing for him would have been another year to mature.

Sore Loser?
The upside I see is him carrying the team to the memorial and getting that experience, instead of 3 years of losing and depression in Columbus lol.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:49 PM
  #289
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
9 games for Jenner is ok with me. I read Davidson as a let them develop rather than a bring them in and see what happens. Obviously if a kid is ready and there is no doubt then he stays.

If Davidson was here last year would he have kept or sent Johansen back to Portland?
If this team legitimately believe they can make the playoffs in a shortened season, I wouldn't even give him a 9 game try out. 9 games out of 82 are a lot different than 9 games out of 48. I don't think we can use 9 games to see if someone "might" be ready to play in the NHL when every night is a playoff race from here on out.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:06 PM
  #290
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
If this team legitimately believe they can make the playoffs in a shortened season, I wouldn't even give him a 9 game try out. 9 games out of 82 are a lot different than 9 games out of 48. I don't think we can use 9 games to see if someone "might" be ready to play in the NHL when every night is a playoff race from here on out.
Thats kind of my fear of this season. But what if he is NHL ready and can actually step up and at the very least play the same role he played for Team Canada in WJC? And be that defensive shutdown player, who hustles EVERY shift and just makes things happen? That type of player is a very good one to have on a roster, that hustle and grit is very contagious.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
  #291
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
If this team legitimately believe they can make the playoffs in a shortened season, I wouldn't even give him a 9 game try out. 9 games out of 82 are a lot different than 9 games out of 48. I don't think we can use 9 games to see if someone "might" be ready to play in the NHL when every night is a playoff race from here on out.
It is a narrow window to solidify the roster. It will be interesting to see how he(Jenner) handles himself at camp, and how he is evaluated. We don't have to wait much longer to find out. He was good at last years camp. You are right about having to come out of the gate and win in a shortened season.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:19 PM
  #292
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,335
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Foligno - Brassard - Dubinsky (Overmatched)
Umberger - Anisimov - Atkinson (Feed the Kid!)
Prospal - Letestu - Dorsett (Old Time Hockey!)
Gilles - MacKenzie - Boll

JMFJ - Wiz
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Moore
Erixon

Bobrovsky
Mason

Johansen, Savard and McElhinney start the year in Springfield, but we'll see them before the year is over.
I demand a caption for the 4th line and D pairs as well, Lee.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:23 PM
  #293
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I demand a caption for the 4th line and D pairs as well, Lee.
How about "they have to go someplace"

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:01 PM
  #294
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
He could have probably put up 120pts in the Dub and taken the winterhawks to the memorial. Imagine him on there with Jones
Jones joined the Winterhawks this year. Joey wouldn't have played with him last year even if he had been sent back.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:11 PM
  #295
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Jones joined the Winterhawks this year. Joey wouldn't have played with him last year even if he had been sent back.
I know, thats why I said imagine lol, hopefully they will play together next year

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:32 PM
  #296
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I know, thats why I said imagine lol, hopefully they will play together next year
Are we already conceding the #1 overall to Edmonton?

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:39 PM
  #297
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Are we already conceding the #1 overall to Edmonton?
hahahah, i just really want to see Murray and Jones on the same pairing

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:21 AM
  #298
RafaNadal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
I hope Erixon gets a shot. He has impressed me thus far.

RafaNadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:12 PM
  #299
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,583
vCash: 500
After the WJC I am in total agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
hahahah, i just really want to see Murray and Jones on the same pairing
Get the Jones kid no matter what it takes.. Jones Murray Johnson Erixon Moore Nikitin would make goaltending in the Natty a hell of a lot easier than it has been this past decade.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:20 PM
  #300
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
Get the Jones kid no matter what it takes.. Jones Murray Johnson Erixon Moore Nikitin would make goaltending in the Natty a hell of a lot easier than it has been this past decade.


^^ this guy gets it haha. I seriously would be shellshocked. Our D would instantly be on e of the best in the league..

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.