HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXVII; Route66 - Aftermath

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
now tell us who owns JEG.
Yes, yes he does - the more things change, ...

Costello: And you know who owns the parking rights JEG?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: Well then who owns the parking rights JEG?
Costello: I mean the fellow's name.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The guy with the parking rights JEG.
Costello: The parking JEG guy.
Costello: The guy ...
Abbott: Who owns the parking rights JEG!
Costello: I'm asking YOU who owns the parking rights JEG.
Abbott: That's the man's name.
Costello: That's who's name?
Costello: Well go ahead and tell me.
Abbott: That's it.
Costello: That's who?
PAUSE
Costello: Look, you got someone with the parking rights JEG?
Abbott: Certainly.
Costello: Who owns the rights JEG?
Abbott: That's right.
Costello: When CoG pays $100M to buy the rights an Arena Management Fee, who gets the money?
Abbott: Every dollar of it.

Last edited by kdb209: 01-08-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 04:49 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
I don't recall seeing any documentation to verify that. And a fair bit of speculation that the losses have been "overstated".
Nicks numbers are in the ballpark of being correct! A little easier way to look at it is that the average NHL franchise costs between $80-90MM per year to operate. PHX , because of its high travel expenses falls on the upper end of that range. Revenues are something below $50MM, there you go!

Old
01-08-2013, 05:38 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
JEG is an LLC registered in California in May of 2011 and has Greg Jamison listed as the agent for the LLC and the active member. Haven't been able to find any more than that, sorry.

Old
01-08-2013, 06:36 PM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Lynch is supposedly in talks to reboot that series this fall...he doesn't strike me as the kind of dude who normalizes with time...
Art Lynch?

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...nt0402-ON.html

Old
01-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Stanley Cup
Bettman's ice bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
JEG is an LLC registered in California in May of 2011 and has Greg Jamison listed as the agent for the LLC and the active member. Haven't been able to find any more than that, sorry.
It is indeed pretty hard to find informations, all I could find other than what you just said is the 2 documents that were necessary to the registration of the LLC's which can be found here : http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgii...names-report.p

However I don't get what a Statutory agent is

Old
01-08-2013, 06:45 PM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
I think AHAP and AHC were incorporated in DE a month or two later. Hulzinger was still technically in the picture in May 2011, no?

AHP - July 2011
http://www.bizapedia.com/de/ARIZONA-...TNERS-LLC.html

AHAP - May 2012
http://www.bizapedia.com/de/ARIZONA-...TNERS-LLC.html

Last edited by OthmarAmmann: 01-08-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Evil Doctor
Damn you Taylor Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas L View Post
Oh, how I wish. I might not have thrown up from watching Eraserhead. Trust me, watching it stoned does not help...

Old
01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 261
Quote:
AHAP LLC

Old
01-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Mightygoose
I Am Groot

Just listened to PTS Bob McCown with Mike Sunnucks. 6 pm slot about starts at the 37:30 mark

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/

Paraphrasing, Mr. Sunnucks basically saying you're guess is a good as mine if this deal gets done.

At least it's consistent

Last edited by Mightygoose: 01-08-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Typo
Old
01-08-2013, 11:24 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
Just listened to PTS Bob McCown with Mike Sunnucks. 6 pm slot about starts at the 37:30 mark

Paraphrasing, Mr. Sunnucks basically saying you're guess is a good as mine if this deal gets done.

At least it's consistent
Man it's been a least 3-4 months since Bob and Mike have had a chat, should be a hoot to listen to, thanks Mighty.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:45 AM
blues10

Quote:

At least it's consistent
I am both surprised and disappointed that Sunnucks has resorted to guessing.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Conflicted Habs fan

vCash: 50
Well my guess is that the "deal" if we can call it that, will fall through. That would be one reason why GWI is keeping quiet.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:34 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Cup View Post
It is indeed pretty hard to find informations, all I could find other than what you just said is the 2 documents that were necessary to the registration of the LLC's which can be found here : http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgii...names-report.p

However I don't get what a Statutory agent is

from http://www.accusearch.biz/Statutory-Agent-Service/

Quote:
Arizona Statutory Agent Requirements

The state of Arizona requires that every business entity retain and maintain an in-state statutory agent. The term “statutory agent” is interchangeable with the terms “resident agent” and "registered agent" used by other states. The purpose of an Arizona Statutory Agent is to provide a legal, physical address where:

persons are available during normal business hours to facilitate legal service of process* in the event of a legal action or lawsuit; and

state government can send official documents required each year for tax and legal purposes, such as tax notices and annual report notices.

If a business fails to maintain a statutory agent in Arizona its legal status will be revoked and it will no longer be considered in “good standing”.

* Service of process entails the giving of legal notice to a person, of a court or administrative body's exercise of its jurisdiction over that person, so that the person can respond. Usually, notice is furnished by delivering court documents to the person being served.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:59 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickWIHockey View Post
dado phoenix reported losing 20 million last year, so with the 25 million, the total losses were 45 million.the year before that the losses were similar. the franchise has lost tons of money since they came out of bankruptcy. they had never made a profit before, but the losses werent as bad as the losses they had post-BK. i'm sure there are links throughout the numerous threads on this sitcom that could give exact numbers
Where was that reported????

Wasn't this site and there are several people here who keep zeroed in on that subject.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:04 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:

At least it's consistent

Pretty much confirms Sunnucks doesn't know what he's writing about either.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:08 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
Say TL, still waiting for some response from you as to how this franchise can ever make a dime? Your silence is deafening!
Same answer..... send him an email and ask.

BTW.... no future need to answer my original question for you. Since all you have done since is deflect.

You silence spoke volumes.....

Old
01-09-2013, 03:39 AM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Quote:

At least it's consistent
Mike, when the synth music comes up - stop talking, the interview is over. Sunnucks Countdown:

Old
01-09-2013, 03:46 AM
wildthing202

Send a message via AIM to wildthing202 Send a message via Yahoo to wildthing202
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Where was that reported????

Wasn't this site and there are several people here who keep zeroed in on that subject.
Playing dumb?

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/b....html?page=all

"Lost games and a lost season because of the lockout would cost the Coyotes ticket sale revenue, sponsorships and concession dollars. The Coyotes lost $20 million to $25 million in recent seasons, according to financial estimates and the team’s 2009 Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization documents. Forbes magazine estimates the Coyotes lost $21 million last season."

Old
01-09-2013, 08:32 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

So, latest news are Glendale will send cash money to JEG who will then use that money to manage and own AHP LLC and AHAP LLC.

I guess JEG will be able to present financial results of it's job, tho those will be financials from JEG and those from AHP/AHAP will never be seen or heard of.

Sounds like a great way to make a 5 dollar bill magically become a 20 dollar bill.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:55 AM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
So, latest news are Glendale will send cash money to JEG who will then use that money to manage and own AHP LLC and AHAP LLC.

I guess JEG will be able to present financial results of it's job, tho those will be financials from JEG and those from AHP/AHAP will never be seen or heard of.

Sounds like a great way to make a 5 dollar bill magically become a 20 dollar bill.
I wonder at this point does the CoG even know who they will be writing their ~$40,000 per day cheques to...

Do they write them to Jamison, JEG, AHP, or AHAP ??

I guess once the February games start we will finally see who sits in the owners box, or will it be shrouded behind black curtains where Jamison and his partners will sit and watch the game on TV.

Last edited by cbcwpg: 01-09-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old
01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
JMT21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing202 View Post
Playing dumb?

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/b....html?page=all

"Lost games and a lost season because of the lockout would cost the Coyotes ticket sale revenue, sponsorships and concession dollars. The Coyotes lost $20 million to $25 million in recent seasons, according to financial estimates and the team’s 2009 Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization documents. Forbes magazine estimates the Coyotes lost $21 million last season."
Can anyone confirm if the 21M loss includes the 25M from the COG? That would make true losses in the area of $46M.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:30 AM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the 21M loss includes the 25M from the COG? That would make true losses in the area of $46M.
No.

However, if you are the rare breed that wants to speculate reasonably: The NHL documented "actual cash losses" of ~$24.8MM two years ago when they billed Glendale. The league isn't really into losing money. Using that as a barometer, they were willing to take $25MM to run the arena for hockey games. (Please note that they didn't incur many non-hockey arena operations and they cut the hockey operations staff as close to zero as possible.)

Old
01-09-2013, 10:30 AM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Same answer..... send him an email and ask.

BTW.... no future need to answer my original question for you. Since all you have done since is deflect.

You silence spoke volumes.....
Silence has been in your corner since i asked a very basic question of you. Show me how (in numerical terms) this franchise,with their financial history and high expense and low revenue numbers could ever make sense for an investor? Feel free to use liberal Revenue Sharing numbers and whatever else you deem to be revenue related. This is a fairly simple request, yet you seem unable to tackle it.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:37 AM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post
The $21MM figure includes the COG largesse! A simple back of the envelope look at this franchise shows that the Operating costs are $80-90MM. Revenues are in the low 40`s!

Old
01-09-2013, 11:24 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
No.

However, if you are the rare breed that wants to speculate reasonably: The NHL documented "actual cash losses" of ~$24.8MM two years ago when they billed Glendale. The league isn't really into losing money. Using that as a barometer, they were willing to take $25MM to run the arena for hockey games. (Please note that they didn't incur many non-hockey arena operations and they cut the hockey operations staff as close to zero as possible.)
The documented actual cash loses were $36.6 million. The $24.8MM was the amount removed from the escrow account. Why it was less than the $25MM is unclear.

http://www.azcentral.com/ic/communit...es-invoice.pdf

Closed Thread