HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Training Camp

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
BTW...Markov IS coming back, right? I know Kovalchuk might stay longer in the KHL, but Bobby Mac mentioned Markov in the same breath, although alluding to perhaps one extra game, but ya never know. Markov seems pretty loyal to the Habs, so I'm guessing/hoping he really did just mean a game or two.
Markov himself claims he's on a flight back Thursday, so he's either leading Dave Stubbs on for kicks or will be back by Friday.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Any chance they give Hudon what he deserve, which would be a sniff at the main Habs camp? Would soften the blow of the Worlds....

Old
01-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Yeah ahving three 5"6 players on the team is a bit disturbing. Gallagher - DD - Gio would be the most depressing line to watch play hockey.
That line would be no where near as distressing to watch as Sortini-X-Hagel has been for the Bulldogs. They might be midgets, but they can play professional hockey. There are worse things than being short.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Any chance they give Hudon what he deserve, which would be a sniff at the main Habs camp? Would soften the blow of the Worlds....
Sadly there isn't going to be time like there would be in a normal year. Galchenyuk is the only junior who gets invited, that was set months ago.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Et le But

Quote:
He'd probably be murdered playing against adults.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Bergy said the only CHL guy coming is Gally. But apparently he's watching Hudon tonight in Victo, so maybe he changes his mind.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Bergy said the only CHL guy coming is Gally. But apparently he's watching Hudon tonight in Victo, so maybe he changes his mind.
Can't, the teams had to submit a list of CHLers they were considering bring to a training camp if the season happened.

Galchenyuk was the only name for MTL. (Toronto had Rielly and for some reason Broll).

Old
01-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Can't, the teams had to submit a list of CHLers they were considering bring to a training camp if the season happened.

Galchenyuk was the only name for MTL. (Toronto had Rielly and for some reason Broll).
But this was prior to the new CBA. We have no idea if they decided to amend that clause with the new CBA. I keep hearing about a lot of juniors that are being recalled and that seems a little surprising for some which makes me think that they might not all have been in that list to begin with.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
He does not have the skills to overcome the fact that he is the wrong fit for this team and how it is built.

He has some very good parts of his game, but it just is not enough to force anyone to give him that ice time. He needs to take it, he needs to leave no doubt. My opinion is he cannot.

Is it always going to be the "he did not get a chance" excuse?
It's not an excuse. If everytime a youngster has a bad game you bench him, you cannot expect him to improve/learn. These guys have played hockey all their life, at that level there's so much they'll learn from practicing.

the "he had enough chances" mentality didnt do the Habs any good in his case. Didnt improve enough to get a regular spot on our top 6, isnt shown in games to gain value in a trade.

Maybe we should bench him some more since he didnt do anything to earn games last season, just to make sure he doesnt become a regular (even as 6th D) or that he doesnt gain any value at all.

I mean, I wouldnt want the kid to hurt our chances at the Cup you know

Old
01-08-2013, 09:14 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Diaz was a -7 last season and was ineffective on D.

Weber was a -7 and was ineffective on D.

The Habs were a last place team last season. Weber and Diaz (and Kaberle but cannot see Kaberle being cast aside) were a part of the problem.........a defense that was too soft.

Commodore needs to be on the Habs roster. He can be the 7th DMan and does not have to play every game. His size and grit and ability to clear out the crease far and away is much more needed on this team than what Diaz or Weber brings to the team.

Time to let the old ways of soft Canadiens hockey go.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:20 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

The Habs were a last place team last season. Weber and Diaz (and Kaberle but cannot see Kaberle being cast aside) were a part of the problem.........a defense that was too soft.

Commodore needs to be on the Habs roster. He can be the 7th DMan and does not have to play every game. His size and grit and ability to clear out the crease far and away is much more needed on this team than what Diaz or Weber brings to the team.

He's barely good enough for the AHL from what I've read...

Old
01-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Et le But

I guess Commodore is the new Henry.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Most people here were completely indifferent about Commodore before today, now that this news breaks some people are adamant he should be on the roster.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
This is exactly what I thought.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:26 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

Cmon man Commodore is soft and slow at this point. I thought you would mention someone actually physical and can clear the crease. I'd like to keep Diaz because he's made so much progress defensively and he brings the offense.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

The habs defense last year flopped because of the 2nd pair...Markov had complications and Spacek just plain sucked...so that forced Diaz Weber and Emelin into bigger roles than they should have and they struggled at times.

LA won the cup with 4 PMD's and 2 stay at home types, none of which are bone jarring players except maybe Greene. I'd rather too much skill on defense than a bunch of lead footed pylons. Maybe Diaz amkes Weber expendable but only if we can get a good return, tired of giving away young players.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Dharvey33

In defence of Gallagher he is playing with Holland who is also a first year ahler learning the curves and michael Magic Blunden so i don't excpect him to carry the line. If they stay together when every player that deserve to be in the nhl in the ahl returns to their team they will probably have better success then now.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:42 PM
FireBergevin
FireSavard

He'll be given a look when a spot opens up. They always do.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:52 PM
FireBergevin
FireSavard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
He's barely good enough for the AHL from what I've read...
Some players just can't thrive in the minors. I have a hard time believing he's become a shadow of his former self in such a short period of time.

Plus he'll fight anyone to stand up for his teammates.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:21 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
Some players just can't thrive in the minors. I have a hard time believing he's become a shadow of his former self in such a short period of time.

havent played a full NHL season the last 4 or 5 years...

Old
01-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post

He's been a shadow of himself for a while now. I like Commodore but he was waived by a Red Wings team looking for grit for a reason.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:37 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

I personally don't think so but he will have his chance down the road

Old
01-08-2013, 10:41 PM
FireBergevin
FireSavard

Quote:
He's been a shadow of himself for a while now. I like Commodore but he was waived by a Red Wings team looking for grit for a reason.
He was traded to the Lightning because they acquired Quincey.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:41 PM
NewHabsEra*

With Nokelainen hurt, I think Dumont has a good shot at making the team as our fourth line center..

Old
01-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Dumont is too small and not good enough defensively to be an effective 4th line center. Put him on the wing.

Closed Thread