HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2014

Old
12-26-2012, 10:57 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

vCash: 500
When we can expect some new screens ? Pleasee !!!

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

In a KHL thread at the OOTP forum, Sebastian posted the following:

Quote:
Ok, we added a new option to the league rules: "foreigner limit for teams outside league nation".
It's amazing that they are listening to the community and to those that will purchase the game, to help shape the game. That's great to see. The devs are apparently also listening closely to the researchers/testers (some are from EHM The Blueline, such as Archibalduk) and looking for their opinions.

There's no doubt in my mind, we're going to have an incredible hockey management sim on our hands here.

This is going to blow NHL EHM 07 out of the water...and believe me, I've put way more hours into that game than I'm comfortable saying. Hell, my main file I'm currently around 60 years in.

Just think about the possibilities here. NHL, AHL, KHL, SEL, ECHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL, DEL all playable...and the developers have noted that the only reason there is no playable SM-Liiga yet is because that league doesn't have a head researcher. I'm sure they will be able to find someone to do it. Nearly 100 leagues (I assume NCAA will be included) will be non-playable but will be stocked with real players.

Basically everything will be editable - from logos to colors to data to league rules. The fact that we can add, delete, and move teams whenever the hell we want is amazing. And can you say EXPANSION DRAFTS? Hell yes. They game will even give us an option for a fantasy draft at start up.

The game appears to use the same article/news system as the OOTP games, which is fantastic.

And my favorite...historical mode. Just think of the possibilities. They are practically endless. Pick a year and start from there. Depending on which you chose during setup, players will either appear on their actual teams during their rookie seasons, or they will become eligible for the entry draft/free agency at the correct time. As long as a player has played in 1 career NHL game (or WHA), he will appear in the database. Jeff has stated that if time permits, he will even include some notable 1st round draft busts who never made it to the show.

I only have 2 complaints so far, and it doesn't even really bother me considering how amazing everything else sounds:

1. No international tournaments - WJC, Olympics, World Championships etc...

2. No minor leagues for historical mode - Players sent to the minors/juniors will instead be sent to a "reserve" list where they will still progress, but no actual stats will be accumulated.

Let me just say, I am ridiculously excited by the potential this game has in store for true hockey management fans. I just hope people buy and support the game.

12-28-2012, 03:15 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

It's amazing that they are listening to the community and to those that will purchase the game, to help shape the game. That's great to see. The devs are apparently also listening closely to the researchers/testers (some are from EHM The Blueline, such as Archibalduk) and looking for their opinions.

There's no doubt in my mind, we're going to have an incredible hockey management sim on our hands here.

This is going to blow NHL EHM 07 out of the water...and believe me, I've put way more hours into that game than I'm comfortable saying. Hell, my main file I'm currently around 60 years in.

Just think about the possibilities here. NHL, AHL, KHL, SEL, ECHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL, DEL all playable...and the developers have noted that the only reason there is no playable SM-Liiga yet is because that league doesn't have a head researcher. I'm sure they will be able to find someone to do it. Nearly 100 leagues (I assume NCAA will be included) will be non-playable but will be stocked with real players.

Basically everything will be editable - from logos to colors to data to league rules. The fact that we can add, delete, and move teams whenever the hell we want is amazing. And can you say EXPANSION DRAFTS? Hell yes. They game will even give us an option for a fantasy draft at start up.

The game appears to use the same article/news system as the OOTP games, which is fantastic.

And my favorite...historical mode. Just think of the possibilities. They are practically endless. Pick a year and start from there. Depending on which you chose during setup, players will either appear on their actual teams during their rookie seasons, or they will become eligible for the entry draft/free agency at the correct time. As long as a player has played in 1 career NHL game (or WHA), he will appear in the database. Jeff has stated that if time permits, he will even include some notable 1st round draft busts who never made it to the show.

I only have 2 complaints so far, and it doesn't even really bother me considering how amazing everything else sounds:

2. No minor leagues for historical mode - Players sent to the minors/juniors will instead be sent to a "reserve" list where they will still progress, but no actual stats will be accumulated.

Let me just say, I am ridiculously excited by the potential this game has in store for true hockey management fans. I just hope people buy and support the game.
I'm sure it's already been suggested but they should just make like a "FHM World Cup", "FHM World Junior Championship" etc. and just use fake names and have them play at the times they would usually play.

I will definitely give this game a chance, definitely wanna support it.

irunthepeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:11 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:

About historical mode...that will be only for NHL or ? I would like to play with CSKA from 80-s...

EDIT: ****, I didn't read it carefully

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:50 PM
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line

Quote:
The devs are apparently also listening closely to the researchers/testers
And the community in general too. The users responded to the feature list by requesting fictional league functions and now the OOTP devs have said they'll look into it. This is what SI did too (ie listening to the community) - and I think this is the key to success.

Quote:

I agree - I think it will in many ways (although I suspect EHM will be stronger than FHM in some respects - but that's understandable for the first release in the series). I have very mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, I'm stoked to finally have a worthwhile hockey sim to look forward to again, but on the other hand it feels like the end of an era with EHM. Like you, I've invested so much time and energy into EHM.

archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

vCash: 422
Waiting is getting harder and harder. I already have the evolution of my league planned out and all of the logos ready to go. I started re-playing OOTP13 just to try to hold me over, but it's just not the same.

After playing Football Manager the past few years it's just gotten too hard to step back to NHL EHM 07.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:59 PM
b10

If this game is 1/4 of what OOTP is then it is going to be amazing.

Waiting patiently to pre-order.

b10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

They don't have the rights to NHL logos or trademarks right? So I assume we will have to download that stuff via a mod

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
They don't have the rights to NHL logos or trademarks right? So I assume we will have to download that stuff via a mod
That's correct.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

One of the league edit screens!

The Leafs joke made me lol.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:58 PM
x94Galchenyuk94x*

So sick

x94Galchenyuk94x* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:24 AM
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
That's right, but the game will feature correct names, etc.

With some help from a couple of others, I've been working on a logo pack whilst testing the game. I've got about 800-900 team and league logos ready for release day. It covers all of the playable leagues and teams as well as various Euro and NA leagues including the NCAA, Canadian juniors (e.g. AJHL, BCHL, etc), etc.

So we should be good to go when the game is released.

archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

One of the main things that has me excited is the level of customization and editing that we will have at our fingertips. Not just rules, but actual league data.

Don't like the structure of the NHL? Change it.

Want to move the Phoenix Coyotes to Quebec and call them the Nordiques? Move the Blue Jackets to Kansas City and call them the..ugly cats or some random **** like that? Go ahead.

Want to add an expansion team in Hamilton? Go ahead.

Want to give your team a completely new look with a brand new logo, team colors, etc.. go ahead.

Want to change the name of some of the leagues major awards? Go ahead.

Don't like the trade deadline date? Change it. Don't like the all-star game? Get rid of it. Want the salary cap to increase? Change it yourself. Want a 10 minute OT for regular season games? Sounds good. Want to go 3 on 3 for OT? Do it.

Holy **** I'm ****ing pumped.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 01-09-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Update from their facebook page:

Quote:
I confirm that we will include the new CBA once it's ratified and we will offer two ways to play the 2012-2013 season: the full one that could have been and the shortened one.
Nice!

Old
01-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

The customization of OOTP is what makes it so great in my eyes...I wasn't expecting all of those options to be in the first version of this. I've been salivating over this for a long time, but now the excitement is palpable.

That and I certainly wasn't expecting relegation to be an option...I'm already re-thinking my already fleshed-out plans.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
The customization of OOTP is what makes it so great in my eyes...I wasn't expecting all of those options to be in the first version of this. I've been salivating over this for a long time, but now the excitement is palpable.

That and I certainly wasn't expecting relegation to be an option...I'm already re-thinking my already fleshed-out plans.
Oh for sure, and I'm seriously hoping we have an option to enable an automatic league evolution like in OOTP 13.

Changing things manually is cool, but seeing how the league automatically evolves is pretty damn cool too.

In my OOTP13 Expos file (moved the Nats back to Montreal), right before the 2016 season, the owner of the Baltimore Orioles, citing lack of fan support, decided to move the team to San Antonio and call them the Pumas! New logo and team colors were added. I thought that was pretty cool!

Old
01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Ruki

Quote:
Oh for sure, and I'm seriously hoping we have an option to enable an automatic league evolution like in OOTP 13.

Changing things manually is cool, but seeing how the league automatically evolves is pretty damn cool too.

In my OOTP13 Expos file (moved the Nats back to Montreal), right before the 2016 season, the owner of the Baltimore Orioles, citing lack of fan support, decided to move the team to San Antonio and call them the Pumas! New logo and team colors were added. I thought that was pretty cool!
Automatic league evolution would be absolutely the best. If it's not in the first game, it won't be a deal breaker...but I will have to find a random, but fair/logical way to move teams/add expansions.

Ruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:

Wow

taking realism to another level

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

I got to thinking...how on earth would a relegation system work alongside a draft?

This has me utterly puzzled on the logistics...if it comes down to one or the other I'm always going to go with a draft, but I was really wanting to set up a NHL/WHA relegation system.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Mue

Quote:

I really like that you can turn trades off - I always wished EHM had that option. I'd rather no trades than a bunch of illogical, never would happen, fantasy type trades.

Mue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:02 PM
NyIsles19

Hey guys im sure this is a dumb question but is this one of those sim leagues for your fantasy draft type of thing or is this game similar to like "Football Manager" the soccer pc game where you control your team as obviously the manager

NyIsles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyIsles19 View Post
Hey guys im sure this is a dumb question but is this one of those sim leagues for your fantasy draft type of thing or is this game similar to like "Football Manager" the soccer pc game where you control your team as obviously the manager
Similar to football manager.

Mue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

I can't wait for this. Definitely want to do a kings one starting with current rules and the shorter season and another one full season with my own rules and some new teams

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Getting more pumped by the day for this, looks like EHM but even more customizable, I am so excited! Gonna waste hours and hours and hours of my life on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
That's right, but the game will feature correct names, etc.

With some help from a couple of others, I've been working on a logo pack whilst testing the game. I've got about 800-900 team and league logos ready for release day. It covers all of the playable leagues and teams as well as various Euro and NA leagues including the NCAA, Canadian juniors (e.g. AJHL, BCHL, etc), etc.

So we should be good to go when the game is released.
Sick! I might have to hit you up with a PM to get that!

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
tserberis*

One more hockey occupation for me!!!

My wife gonna castrate me!!!

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote