HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: Is the light getting brighter?

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Co Ho*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'm ok with Kadri involved.

Option 1

Bozak + Biggs + Franson

Option 2

Connolly + Kadri + Franson + 3rd (2014)

Option 3

Bozak + Kadri

Decent but Toronto still adds a bit.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
As a Canucks fan I'm honestly sick of these dumbass proposals (from both new age Canucks fans, as well as other team's fans) sending Luongo out for a bunch of spare parts coming the other way.

Honestly guys. Bozak? Upshall? Vancouver is a world class city - one of the best in the world and consistently rated as such. We're a contender now and will be for the next few years. We have guys like that lining up to sign in the offseason. Every summer for the past three years we've had sought after free agents take pay cuts to play for us. In what world does anyone think Gillis trades an elite goaltender for a spare part he could have signed in the offseason? I don't give a **** about his "cap hit" or penalty, that only matters to team who plan to spend the max every year for the next 10 years, and that's only like 35-40% of the league.

Goaltending is such an important position, and Luongo is the only great option available. Look around the league at how many elite goalies have been traded in the past 10 years, not a damn lot. if you want a good one you usually have to develop one, and drafting them can be a crap shoot to begin with. But low and behold, due to a team with a wealth of talent, one become available. Time to ante up because Gillis isn't an idiot and he knows the value of his hand even if others try and bluff him out of it. I honestly hope he keeps both until the deadline because no other additional is as valuable in the playoff hunt as an elite goalie with playoff experience ready to go to war.
I agree with you 100%, but people will just call you "unrealistic" or say you are "overrating Luongo" which is absolutely ridiculous. I honestly can't believe how underrated and underappreciated Luongo is on here. It's sickening really.

01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'm ok with Kadri involved.

Option 1

Bozak + Biggs + Franson

Option 2

Connolly + Kadri + Franson + 3rd (2014)

Option 3

Bozak + Kadri
Personally speaking I would go with option 2.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:37 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
He had surgery in September could be the reason.
Kesler is still on our team page though? Don't see why he would be removed hahaha

Old
01-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
None of those trades offer the Canucks anything good for Luongo.
I love how he doesn't even offer this year's 3rd, it's for 2014!

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
I love how he doesn't even offer this year's 3rd, it's for 2014!
We don't have one.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
I agree with you 100%, but people will just call you "unrealistic" or say you are "overrating Luongo" which is absolutely ridiculous. I honestly can't believe how underrated and underappreciated Luongo is on here. It's sickening really.
What are you going to do if he ends up getting traded for one of those low offers most of the media is suggesting?

Note I am not saying because the media is saying it it will happen I'm just asking.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
What are you going to do if he ends up getting traded for one of those low offers most of the media is suggesting?

Note I am not saying because the media is saying it it will happen I'm just asking.
Quote:
Agents deny stuff like this all the time. If we do such a stupid trade I hope this organization is cursed and doesn't win a Cup for 50 years. A stupid trade like that would absolutely sicken me. I just couldn't cheer for this team anymore.
I think we should wait until we get an actual source for what the trade is before doing anything rash...

Old
01-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
Kesler is still on our team page though? Don't see why he would be removed hahaha
That is true. Still don't believe it is a sign of anything.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:46 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Question for any of the Vancouver fans about this subject. Do you agree or disagree that Luongo asked Mike Gillis for a trade? A few months ago he said it would be best for a change and how it was now Corey Schneider's team, so personally I think that clearly sounds like someone who wants to be traded. The reason I ask is because when a player comes out and says they want to be traded, that specifc team in this case the Canucks won't get full value in return. Two examples is the Rick Nash trade to the Rangers and Danny Heatley trade to the Sharks.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:46 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:

Well then Gillis has made a mistake. The right offer will come if he's patient, it's just a matter of time. I mean Luongo had only been available for the 2011- 2012 offseason, it's not like Gillis has been shopping him for a few seasons or anything.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Question for any of the Vancouver fans about this subject. Do you agree or disagree that Luongo asked Mike Gillis for a trade? A few months ago he said it would be best for a change and how it was now Corey Schneider's team, so personally I think that clearly sounds like someone who wants to be traded. The reason I ask is because when a player comes out and says they want to be traded, that specifc team in this case the Canucks won't get full value in return. Two examples is the Rick Nash trade to the Rangers and Danny Heatley trade to the Sharks.
I don't think he demanded a trade, I think it was more a mutual understanding of "2 guys, 1 crease" not being fair to either goalie in the long run.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Luongo may have asked, but I think would also have said that he would be a good teammate either way. Believe it or not he is a really good guy and I am truly sorry that he is leaving Vancouver. If value is right I would be open to trading Schneider.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
pahlsson

Quote:
he said on the canucks forum that he's going to become an oiler fan

Old
01-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
It's not so much that it's Luongo, it's mainly that a lot of people hate the canucks for whatever reason. If Luongo was say, a New York Ranger, you'll see fair proposals. I mean, If you compare Lundqvist with Luongo, there really isn't much difference. But for some reason, If I to a proposal say.. Gardiner 1st + for Lunqvist, Toronto fans will be like DEAL!

Old
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:

I would still cheer for the team, but be upset that it's all he could ask for. I wouldn't go jump off the bridge. I don't necessarily trust our scouts completely, but I'm going to have to for a trade with this type of magnitude. I thought the Kassian trade was a smart move. Addressed a need this organization lacks. People can say they wanna nut hug Hodgson as much as they want to but in the end this was a move that will benefit both organizations in the future.

Regardless if we had Hodgson or not last year, I doubt it would have made a difference.

Old
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Personally speaking I would go with option 2.
Yeah I bet you would. No Canucks fan would though.

Franson is a throw in, don't want him.

Connolly, a complete rental.

3rd round pick... who cares.

It's Kadri for Luongo and nobody would accept that. And I like Kadri.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Minimalist*

Quote:
I think Luongo read the writing on the wall. He knew Vancouver management wanted to move forward with Schneider, and asking to be traded was just a means of maintaining his pride. Were he to not have asked, he would have been asked to waive. And he knew it. Luongo is a very, very intelligent man.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Well then Gillis has made a mistake. The right offer will come if he's patient, it's just a matter of time. I mean Luongo had only been available for the 2011- 2012 offseason, it's not like Gillis has been shopping him for a few seasons or anything.
I would argue that Luongo has been available since he was benched in the 2011 playoffs. You don't bench a franchise goaltender in an elimination game during the playoffs otherwise. I think the lack of a trade means one of two things.

1) Very little demand
2) Gillis asking for too much

Old
01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Luongo wants what is best for this team. He is an ultimate team player, a stand up guy. If that means playing 1B for a contender in one of the best cities in the world until a team decides they really want him to be a piece of the puzzle I'm sure he's down.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
I disagree.

I posted what he has been saying for a while now he wants to do what's best for the Canucks, his family, and himself.

You can read into that as much as you want too, but to me Luongo is still a very good player and if he wants to win a cup this year at least he has some certainty with the Canucks. Why would he want to depreciate his value?

Old
01-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Luongo is downright hilarious on twitter right now.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Quote:
First Canadiens game: January 19 vs Maple Leafs in Montreal.
Strombone ‏@strombone1

Quote:
@RenLavoieRDS can you get me a couple tickets?

Old
01-08-2013, 08:58 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam103 View Post
Erik Gudbranson is nowhere to be found on the Florida team website...
Maybe because he got suspended when he injured his shoulder wake boarding.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:00 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Maybe because he got suspended when he injured his shoulder wake boarding.
You can get suspended by the FLA organization for getting injured while participating in other activities? Jesus...Wonder what they felt about Booth's hunting habits

Old
01-08-2013, 09:00 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
It's not so much that it's Luongo, it's mainly that a lot of people hate the canucks for whatever reason. If Luongo was say, a New York Ranger, you'll see fair proposals. I mean, If you compare Lundqvist with Luongo, there really isn't much difference. But for some reason, If I to a proposal say.. Gardiner 1st + for Lunqvist, Toronto fans will be like DEAL!
Lundy is younger, doesn't have a negative reputation in big games(deserved or not), isnt owed money after he retires, his team isnt being forced to trade him and he just won the vesna.

They dont have the same value.

Closed Thread