HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: Is the light getting brighter?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
  #276
Co Ho*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'm ok with Kadri involved.

Option 1

Bozak + Biggs + Franson

Option 2

Connolly + Kadri + Franson + 3rd (2014)

Option 3

Bozak + Kadri

Decent but Toronto still adds a bit.

Co Ho* is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
  #277
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
As a Canucks fan I'm honestly sick of these dumbass proposals (from both new age Canucks fans, as well as other team's fans) sending Luongo out for a bunch of spare parts coming the other way.

Honestly guys. Bozak? Upshall? Vancouver is a world class city - one of the best in the world and consistently rated as such. We're a contender now and will be for the next few years. We have guys like that lining up to sign in the offseason. Every summer for the past three years we've had sought after free agents take pay cuts to play for us. In what world does anyone think Gillis trades an elite goaltender for a spare part he could have signed in the offseason? I don't give a **** about his "cap hit" or penalty, that only matters to team who plan to spend the max every year for the next 10 years, and that's only like 35-40% of the league.

Goaltending is such an important position, and Luongo is the only great option available. Look around the league at how many elite goalies have been traded in the past 10 years, not a damn lot. if you want a good one you usually have to develop one, and drafting them can be a crap shoot to begin with. But low and behold, due to a team with a wealth of talent, one become available. Time to ante up because Gillis isn't an idiot and he knows the value of his hand even if others try and bluff him out of it. I honestly hope he keeps both until the deadline because no other additional is as valuable in the playoff hunt as an elite goalie with playoff experience ready to go to war.
I agree with you 100%, but people will just call you "unrealistic" or say you are "overrating Luongo" which is absolutely ridiculous. I honestly can't believe how underrated and underappreciated Luongo is on here. It's sickening really.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
  #278
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'm ok with Kadri involved.

Option 1

Bozak + Biggs + Franson

Option 2

Connolly + Kadri + Franson + 3rd (2014)

Option 3

Bozak + Kadri
Personally speaking I would go with option 2.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:37 PM
  #279
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain
 
The Kassian Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
He had surgery in September could be the reason.
Kesler is still on our team page though? Don't see why he would be removed hahaha

The Kassian Train is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:39 PM
  #280
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
None of those trades offer the Canucks anything good for Luongo.
I love how he doesn't even offer this year's 3rd, it's for 2014!

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
  #281
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
I love how he doesn't even offer this year's 3rd, it's for 2014!
We don't have one.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
  #282
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,202
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I agree with you 100%, but people will just call you "unrealistic" or say you are "overrating Luongo" which is absolutely ridiculous. I honestly can't believe how underrated and underappreciated Luongo is on here. It's sickening really.
What are you going to do if he ends up getting traded for one of those low offers most of the media is suggesting?


Note I am not saying because the media is saying it it will happen I'm just asking.

cyris is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:45 PM
  #283
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,270
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
What are you going to do if he ends up getting traded for one of those low offers most of the media is suggesting?


Note I am not saying because the media is saying it it will happen I'm just asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Agents deny stuff like this all the time. If we do such a stupid trade I hope this organization is cursed and doesn't win a Cup for 50 years. A stupid trade like that would absolutely sicken me. I just couldn't cheer for this team anymore.
I think we should wait until we get an actual source for what the trade is before doing anything rash...

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:45 PM
  #284
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
Kesler is still on our team page though? Don't see why he would be removed hahaha
That is true. Still don't believe it is a sign of anything.

Numbers is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:46 PM
  #285
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
Question for any of the Vancouver fans about this subject. Do you agree or disagree that Luongo asked Mike Gillis for a trade? A few months ago he said it would be best for a change and how it was now Corey Schneider's team, so personally I think that clearly sounds like someone who wants to be traded. The reason I ask is because when a player comes out and says they want to be traded, that specifc team in this case the Canucks won't get full value in return. Two examples is the Rick Nash trade to the Rangers and Danny Heatley trade to the Sharks.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:46 PM
  #286
EvoLu7ioN
Registered User
 
EvoLu7ioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
What are you going to do if he ends up getting traded for one of those low offers most of the media is suggesting?


Note I am not saying because the media is saying it it will happen I'm just asking.
Well then Gillis has made a mistake. The right offer will come if he's patient, it's just a matter of time. I mean Luongo had only been available for the 2011- 2012 offseason, it's not like Gillis has been shopping him for a few seasons or anything.

EvoLu7ioN is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:48 PM
  #287
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,270
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Question for any of the Vancouver fans about this subject. Do you agree or disagree that Luongo asked Mike Gillis for a trade? A few months ago he said it would be best for a change and how it was now Corey Schneider's team, so personally I think that clearly sounds like someone who wants to be traded. The reason I ask is because when a player comes out and says they want to be traded, that specifc team in this case the Canucks won't get full value in return. Two examples is the Rick Nash trade to the Rangers and Danny Heatley trade to the Sharks.
I don't think he demanded a trade, I think it was more a mutual understanding of "2 guys, 1 crease" not being fair to either goalie in the long run.

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
  #288
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Question for any of the Vancouver fans about this subject. Do you agree or disagree that Luongo asked Mike Gillis for a trade? A few months ago he said it would be best for a change and how it was now Corey Schneider's team, so personally I think that clearly sounds like someone who wants to be traded. The reason I ask is because when a player comes out and says they want to be traded, that specifc team in this case the Canucks won't get full value in return. Two examples is the Rick Nash trade to the Rangers and Danny Heatley trade to the Sharks.
Luongo may have asked, but I think would also have said that he would be a good teammate either way. Believe it or not he is a really good guy and I am truly sorry that he is leaving Vancouver. If value is right I would be open to trading Schneider.

Numbers is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
  #289
pahlsson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,350
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
What are you going to do if he ends up getting traded for one of those low offers most of the media is suggesting?
he said on the canucks forum that he's going to become an oiler fan

pahlsson is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:52 PM
  #290
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I agree with you 100%, but people will just call you "unrealistic" or say you are "overrating Luongo" which is absolutely ridiculous. I honestly can't believe how underrated and underappreciated Luongo is on here. It's sickening really.
It's not so much that it's Luongo, it's mainly that a lot of people hate the canucks for whatever reason. If Luongo was say, a New York Ranger, you'll see fair proposals. I mean, If you compare Lundqvist with Luongo, there really isn't much difference. But for some reason, If I to a proposal say.. Gardiner 1st + for Lunqvist, Toronto fans will be like DEAL!

Vorkosh is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:52 PM
  #291
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain
 
The Kassian Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
What are you going to do if he ends up getting traded for one of those low offers most of the media is suggesting?


Note I am not saying because the media is saying it it will happen I'm just asking.
I would still cheer for the team, but be upset that it's all he could ask for. I wouldn't go jump off the bridge. I don't necessarily trust our scouts completely, but I'm going to have to for a trade with this type of magnitude. I thought the Kassian trade was a smart move. Addressed a need this organization lacks. People can say they wanna nut hug Hodgson as much as they want to but in the end this was a move that will benefit both organizations in the future.

Regardless if we had Hodgson or not last year, I doubt it would have made a difference.

The Kassian Train is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:52 PM
  #292
NugentHopkinsfan
Registered User
 
NugentHopkinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Personally speaking I would go with option 2.
Yeah I bet you would. No Canucks fan would though.

Franson is a throw in, don't want him.

Connolly, a complete rental.

3rd round pick... who cares.


It's Kadri for Luongo and nobody would accept that. And I like Kadri.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
  #293
Minimalist*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Question for any of the Vancouver fans about this subject. Do you agree or disagree that Luongo asked Mike Gillis for a trade? A few months ago he said it would be best for a change and how it was now Corey Schneider's team, so personally I think that clearly sounds like someone who wants to be traded. The reason I ask is because when a player comes out and says they want to be traded, that specifc team in this case the Canucks won't get full value in return. Two examples is the Rick Nash trade to the Rangers and Danny Heatley trade to the Sharks.
I think Luongo read the writing on the wall. He knew Vancouver management wanted to move forward with Schneider, and asking to be traded was just a means of maintaining his pride. Were he to not have asked, he would have been asked to waive. And he knew it. Luongo is a very, very intelligent man.

Minimalist* is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
  #294
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Well then Gillis has made a mistake. The right offer will come if he's patient, it's just a matter of time. I mean Luongo had only been available for the 2011- 2012 offseason, it's not like Gillis has been shopping him for a few seasons or anything.
I would argue that Luongo has been available since he was benched in the 2011 playoffs. You don't bench a franchise goaltender in an elimination game during the playoffs otherwise. I think the lack of a trade means one of two things.

1) Very little demand
2) Gillis asking for too much

Fish on The Sand is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
  #295
EvoLu7ioN
Registered User
 
EvoLu7ioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Question for any of the Vancouver fans about this subject. Do you agree or disagree that Luongo asked Mike Gillis for a trade? A few months ago he said it would be best for a change and how it was now Corey Schneider's team, so personally I think that clearly sounds like someone who wants to be traded. The reason I ask is because when a player comes out and says they want to be traded, that specifc team in this case the Canucks won't get full value in return. Two examples is the Rick Nash trade to the Rangers and Danny Heatley trade to the Sharks.
Luongo wants what is best for this team. He is an ultimate team player, a stand up guy. If that means playing 1B for a contender in one of the best cities in the world until a team decides they really want him to be a piece of the puzzle I'm sure he's down.

EvoLu7ioN is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
  #296
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain
 
The Kassian Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Question for any of the Vancouver fans about this subject. Do you agree or disagree that Luongo asked Mike Gillis for a trade? A few months ago he said it would be best for a change and how it was now Corey Schneider's team, so personally I think that clearly sounds like someone who wants to be traded. The reason I ask is because when a player comes out and says they want to be traded, that specifc team in this case the Canucks won't get full value in return. Two examples is the Rick Nash trade to the Rangers and Danny Heatley trade to the Sharks.
I disagree.

I posted what he has been saying for a while now he wants to do what's best for the Canucks, his family, and himself.

You can read into that as much as you want too, but to me Luongo is still a very good player and if he wants to win a cup this year at least he has some certainty with the Canucks. Why would he want to depreciate his value?

The Kassian Train is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:56 PM
  #297
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,085
vCash: 50
Luongo is downright hilarious on twitter right now.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Quote:
First Canadiens game: January 19 vs Maple Leafs in Montreal.
Strombone ‏@strombone1

Quote:
@RenLavoieRDS can you get me a couple tickets?

Lucbourdon is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:58 PM
  #298
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam103 View Post
Erik Gudbranson is nowhere to be found on the Florida team website...
Maybe because he got suspended when he injured his shoulder wake boarding.

PBPantherfan is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:00 PM
  #299
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain
 
The Kassian Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Maybe because he got suspended when he injured his shoulder wake boarding.
You can get suspended by the FLA organization for getting injured while participating in other activities? Jesus...Wonder what they felt about Booth's hunting habits

The Kassian Train is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:00 PM
  #300
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,202
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
It's not so much that it's Luongo, it's mainly that a lot of people hate the canucks for whatever reason. If Luongo was say, a New York Ranger, you'll see fair proposals. I mean, If you compare Lundqvist with Luongo, there really isn't much difference. But for some reason, If I to a proposal say.. Gardiner 1st + for Lunqvist, Toronto fans will be like DEAL!
Lundy is younger, doesn't have a negative reputation in big games(deserved or not), isnt owed money after he retires, his team isnt being forced to trade him and he just won the vesna.

They dont have the same value.

cyris is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.