HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Spike TV Bringing Back The Joe Schmo Show

Old
12-29-2012, 03:04 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

vCash: 500
Spike TV Bringing Back The Joe Schmo Show

I loved the first 2 seasons of The Joe Schmo Show so I'm hoping that it can recapture some of that magic for Season 3. The first 2 episodes will air on Tuesday January 8th.

from www.spike.com:

Spike TV has once again turned the tables on the reality show genre with "The Joe Schmo Show" The one-hour, 10-episode series features one real guy who believes he is on a new, over-the-top reality show looking for America's next bounty hunter, but is actually surrounded entirely by actors. His cast-mates are a motley crew of reality show clichés including Lorenzo Lamas, playing himself, who must do their best under these unusual circumstances to follow a pre-determined outline.

One of television's biggest and riskiest experiments once again looks to discover how would a reality contestant react to encountering a show filled with every outlandish element reality television has showcased. How far can producers push this 'reality,' and the ensuing ridiculous competitions? And of course, will the actors be convincing enough or will the unsuspecting "contestant" figure it all out?

Full story here: http://www.spike.com/articles/chiq37...oming-to-spike

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:54 AM
tijuana knuckles
Pierogi eater

LOVED the first season way back when. Didn't watch the second season. I think I started but it was not done near as good.

The first season was hysterical.
Joe Schmo was repeatedly set up into ridiculous situations and outcomes.
They had that one guy nobody could stand. He got kicked off the show to everyone's relief but was brought back on a technicality when he threatens to sue the show. It was all a set up.

It is really a farce of the reality TV shows

tijuana knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Trap Jesus

One of the best shows I've ever seen; such a great idea. I loved the part in the second season where the bachelor and bachelorette voted off all of the minorities based on first impressions.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Such a funny show. Ralph Garman talked about season 3 a few weeks/months ago on his podcast, and I thought it sounded great. I can't wait!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:33 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I remember Jonathan Torrens was in the 2nd season

J-Roc, baby

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
First season was awesome. Kristen Wiig and Cricket from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Never knew they did a second season.

Partying with a guy tonight who's unbearable to be around, girlfriend's friend's boyfriend who looks 100% like the original Joe Schmo, but without the likeable personality. Pisses me off because I expect him constantly to be an awesome guy, not the d-bag he is.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:51 PM
weaponomega

Didn't realize it but Javier from Castle was in Season 2.

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

I loved the original. My friends and I would get together in college, crack open some beers, and laugh our ***** off. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can pull this off again.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Premiere on now

how he can't tell that the host is Ralph Garman, even with the "disguise" is mind boggling

Old
01-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Canadian Game

Hilarious start to the season! Loved the first episode and the 2nd is pretty good as well. I probably enjoyed them talking about their one item they brought to the house the most.

Canadian Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

the deaf girl is terrible at this

Old
01-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
the deaf girl is terrible at this
Yeah, but she's beautiful.

Thought the two episodes were great, the host is amazing, so was Lorenzo, although the interrogation bit was terrible, surprised he didn't question it.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Evil Speaker
Registered

vCash: 1584
The show is funny, but i'm really uncomfortable with this deaf girl.

Evil Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Evil Speaker
Registered

vCash: 1584
I change my mind. This **** is hilarious.

Evil Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:34 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Forgot about this entirely! I was about to go to bed, but I guess I will after watching the first episode.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:55 AM
17futurecap

That interpreter was killing me . Loved when Chase went in with the bat, and the other "team" was downstairs just cracking up. Also when they were in the voting booth was pretty funny. Seems the girl playing deaf screws up later this season as well when she is balancing on her head.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:09 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Forgot about this entirely! I was about to go to bed, but I guess I will after watching the first episode.
Hope you didn't forget that they aired 2 episodes tonight. If you missed either episode they will air again next Tuesday right before the 3rd episode.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:38 PM
redwingsrock

They are both actually on again tonight too. I saw the second episode, but missed the first. Will watch them both again tonight. The host makes the show, IMO

redwingsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:06 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijuana knuckles View Post
LOVED the first season way back when. Didn't watch the second season. I think I started but it was not done near as good.

They had that one guy nobody could stand. He got kicked off the show to everyone's relief but was brought back on a technicality when he threatens to sue the show. It was all a set up.

Man, was this an awesome show back in 03 and 04. Can't wait to watch these new episodes... I have them PVR'd right now.

Gotta disagree with you on season 2. I think they did a better job. When Ingrid figured it out and they incorporated Amanda in her place with Ingrid in on the joke, was just gold. And the outrageous stuff they did... like when they were all chained to T.J. and he was supposedly in the bathroom having explosive diarrhea, pouring cans of soup into the toilet and spraying fart gas! Or "Porked in Beans"... or when they got Austin and Piper's supposed parents involved... or when they got Tim and Amanda's into costume to portray their relatives in an attempt to learn more about Austin and Piper...

Plus, season 2 had by far the best looking gal on the show... Jessica Makinson. When she was all dressed up for her eviction ceremony (the only time she was really dressed up and not portrayed as "plain"), I swear, most naturally beautiful woman ever!

except my wife of course.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Trap Jesus

I haven't laughed that hard that consistently at anything in so long. Love this show so much.

The interpreter absolutely killed me, especially when he was just standing in the fountain at the end.

The host is great again. "I think they're those ****** veggie hot pockets as well."

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:18 PM
seventieslord

Lol... the bounty hunter flame of fire!

Old
01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijuana knuckles View Post

Best part of that whole scenario, in season one when you were evicted from the house, they would break a plate with the contestants picture on it.

I think it was Hutch the a$$hole, who got thrown off, then they made up a story that he sued and was allowed back on the show. So he shows up and they had taken the plate which had been smashed and did this horrible glue it back together thing.

In the second season, notes would be delivered to the host by a falcon, until the falcon ran into a glass door and died because they "forgot" to leave the glass door open.

I've been amazed that these real contestants don't figure this stuff out.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

I did enjoy the first couple episodes, though I think they're starting to do less "reality show" things and more "Well, let's see if the real contestant will do this if he's asked".

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
Best part of that whole scenario, in season one when you were evicted from the house, they would break a plate with the contestants picture on it.

I think it was Hutch the a$$hole, who got thrown off, then they made up a story that he sued and was allowed back on the show. So he shows up and they had taken the plate which had been smashed and did this horrible glue it back together thing.

In the second season, notes would be delivered to the host by a falcon, until the falcon ran into a glass door and died because they "forgot" to leave the glass door open.

I've been amazed that these real contestants don't figure this stuff out.
Yeah, it was Hutch. That was a great season one detail for sure. The glued together plate was awesome. When he stormed out, I think he said “**** this ****ing show!!!”

The part about Montecore the Falcon in season 2 was even more outrageous than you remember though. The bird hitting the glass at full speed actually happened, and was in the outtakes. It was not supposed to happen and was not part of the “show”. In the end, since the bird was OK, it was just a funny detail, a thing that went wrong.

What “actually” happened is that Montecore ate Bryce’s frog Everett. And Bryce being the psycho that he was, (“it wasn’t a frog, it was a human ******* being!!!!”) was spotted on security cameras entering the bird’s trailer and the next morning Montecore was found dead. Ralph said something like “I know he and I had our differences, but we can all agree he was a beautiful and majestic creature…”

So Bryce got carried off in handcuffs, eliminating the need for an eviction ceremony that time.

This was after he already got sent home once and was allowed back on because kind-hearted Piper was moved by his advances (like the plane in the sky saying “Forgive me Piper” or something like that) and asked for them to bring him back. He was so obviously a creepy stalker but Piper not seeing him that way was one of the awesome details they got away with.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
can anybody confirm me if spike.com is only showing the 1st episode or they put the two in one?
from what i read here i only find the first one, but you guys saying they aired two...
****ing hilarious so far. i wasnt sure about the "theme" at first but i enjoyed it.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote