HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary - Edmonton

Old
01-08-2013, 08:10 PM
kresco

vCash: 500
Calgary - Edmonton

With the addition of the salary cap trading that is apparently rumored to be included in the CBA http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...re-cba-details

Flames get: Sam Gagner (1 year $3.2)
keep $1.5 of Bowmeesters salary for each of the two years

Oilers get:
Bowmeester (2 years $6.68 - $1.5 = $5.18)

Oilers get a speedy 1-2 Defenceman who will be able to keep up with their fast young team at a $5M salary for 2 years
Flames get a great young C who could fit anywhere from lines 1-3

kresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Eskimo44

The Oilers cannot move Sam Gagner unless another center is coming back. Not only that they are arguably selling a big piece of their future for a minor short term gain. I would like Bouwmeester but not at the cost of a key piece. I think this deal is essentially robbing Peter to pay Paul. Value wise it's reasonable.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Flames rebuilder

Wow, where do I start! This is something I may consider doing for a young center, top line potential, say Duchene. Gagner will be a good second line center but he doesn't have top line potential. Bouwmeester could return a less developed prospect, with the same potential, easily. No chance!

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Wow, where do I start! This is something I may consider doing for a young center, top line potential, say Duchene. Gagner will be a good second line center but he doesn't have top line potential. Bouwmeester could return a less developed prospect, with the same potential, easily. No chance!
Bouwmeester for Duchene

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
capitalsrock

Bouwmeester, Baertschi for Duchene

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kresco View Post
With the addition of the salary cap trading that is apparently rumored to be included in the CBA http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...re-cba-details

Flames get: Sam Gagner (1 year $3.2)
keep $1.5 of Bowmeesters salary for each of the two years

Oilers get:
Bowmeester (2 years $6.68 - $1.5 = $5.18)

Oilers get a speedy 1-2 Defenceman who will be able to keep up with their fast young team at a $5M salary for 2 years
Flames get a great young C who could fit anywhere from lines 1-3
Throw in you 2013 1st, otherwise, no. (this is only if the Flames are out of the picture come trade deadline)

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Bouwmeester for Duchene
I think a lot of people would be surprised what a 5 million Bouwmeester could return. Duchene for a 5 mill Jbow is closer than Gagner, you'd have to add at full price. I'd probably consider Gagner and Musil for Jbow at 5

Old
01-08-2013, 09:20 PM
zeus3007*

I don't want Bouwmeester for free. Not giving up our #2 center to get him for sure.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Flames rebuilder

Don't worry, no chance of getting him for that and I like Gagner

Old
01-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I don't want Bouwmeester for free. Not giving up our #2 center to get him for sure.
Right. Jbow would be your best defence-man.

______

Calgary and Edmonton are not good trading partners. This thread will only get ugly.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
I think a lot of people would be surprised what a 5 million Bouwmeester could return. Duchene for a 5 mill Jbow is closer than Gagner, you'd have to add at full price. I'd probably consider Gagner and Musil for Jbow at 5
LOL, you think Bouwmeester at 5 million is a bargain?! No.

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post

______

Calgary and Edmonton are not good trading partners. This thread will only get ugly.
Jbo would be Smid?

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:19 PM
kresco

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Jbo would be Smid?
Smid isn't god enough to tie Bowmeesters skates

Old
01-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
No Bouwmeester for Duchene is not close at all. Like it's entirely ridculous. As one poster said a guy like Baertschi is going the other way if you want a guy like that.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Jbo would be Smid?
hahaha

Old
01-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Smid isn't god enough to tie Bowmeesters skates
Both play tough minutes but one was +4 on a bottom feeding team while the other was -21 on a near-playoff team.

And I'll just leave this here...

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:57 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post

______

JBow has never won anything in his life. Not even in junior. And I don't just mean championships, but a playoff birth. I don't think a guy can do something for so long and still not be able to help a single team get to the playoffs. It might just be bad luck, but even then...I don't want that luck in Edmonton, we've had enough of it.

Plus he's overpaid and doesn't bring much to our team.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:29 AM
judge301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Bouwmeester for Duchene
Did something terrible happen to Duchene? Did he lose a leg or arm? Colorado hangs up before uncle Fester says Du. I can't see any logic that would support Colorado trading an uber talented kid that will likely play the next 20 years, as an allstar for many of those, for a defenseman that is on the downside of a career. That never seemed to live up to the hype and is overpaid...

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:40 AM
kresco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
The Oilers cannot move Sam Gagner unless another center is coming back. Not only that they are arguably selling a big piece of their future for a minor short term gain. I would like Bouwmeester but not at the cost of a key piece. I think this deal is essentially robbing Peter to pay Paul. Value wise it's reasonable.
I absolutely love this site. Everyone wants and thinks they can get a major piece without giving one up. If you want Bowmeester you have to give a key peice to get a key peice. I am a flames fan and I love!!! Bowmeester. He brings so much more to the table than everyone on HF realizes. Losing bowmeester would hurt the flames as well, its not like we give him him up easily. We essentially lose a top 1-2 def man for a 2nd line center.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:49 AM
kresco

Quote:
Both play tough minutes but one was +4 on a bottom feeding team while the other was -21 on a near-playoff team.

And I'll just leave this here...

hahaha once again someone who looks at paper stats. Who was Smid's partner? Was Smid matched up consitantly agains the Malkin's / Stamko's of the league? Bowmeester was paired with Butler a kid who couldnt crack Buffalo's line up even on the bottom paring. Bowmeester was then matched up against the top offensive lines in the NHL with a guy who would be a 5-6 Def max on most teams. He was not given alot of PP time as we was used alot for the PK. Yes $6.8 is alot for bowmeester but when his contract is up I would gladly pay 4.5 -5 to resign him. I watched almost every game last year and Bowmeester is a amazing player who has sacrificed the glory of tons of points by buying into a system that would use him in a shutdown role which was best for the team. He was also playing on a team with only 2 people who broke the 50 point barrier with no one who score 70 points. and only 4 people beat the 30 point mark. Edmonton had 8 who beat the 30 point mark.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

What about this...

To
D Jay Bouwmeester
C Matt Stajan

To
C Sam Gagner
D Ladislav Smid
EDM 2014 3rd

Just trying to liberate both sides here by adding what it sounds like each team wants.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:27 AM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
What about this...

To
D Jay Bouwmeester
C Matt Stajan

To
C Sam Gagner
D Ladislav Smid
EDM 2014 3rd

Just trying to liberate both sides here by adding what it sounds like each team wants.
I wouldn't trade Smid for JBlow straight up. No just no.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:33 AM
HellsBells

Welcome to HFBoards... where guys like Ladislav Smid can be better Jay Bouwmeester.

HellsBells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
hahaha once again someone who looks at paper stats. Who was Smid's partner? Was Smid matched up consitantly agains the Malkin's / Stamko's of the league? Bowmeester was paired with Butler a kid who couldnt crack Buffalo's line up even on the bottom paring. Bowmeester was then matched up against the top offensive lines in the NHL with a guy who would be a 5-6 Def max on most teams. He was not given alot of PP time as we was used alot for the PK. Yes $6.8 is alot for bowmeester but when his contract is up I would gladly pay 4.5 -5 to resign him. I watched almost every game last year and Bowmeester is a amazing player who has sacrificed the glory of tons of points by buying into a system that would use him in a shutdown role which was best for the team. He was also playing on a team with only 2 people who broke the 50 point barrier with no one who score 70 points. and only 4 people beat the 30 point mark. Edmonton had 8 who beat the 30 point mark.
Smid's partner was Petry who was shaky in the early goings, but really came into his own in the last third of the season. I truly believe this was because of what Smid brought to the table. And yes, the Smid-Petry pairing were our top pair in the latter half of the season and played the tough minutes. The only thing JBo has over Smid is skating and offensive instincts. Smid is superior in every other facet. I wouldn't mind having JBo paired with Justin Schultz, but not if the price to acquire him is anywhere close to the Duchene tag one Flames fan suggested. Good luck with that.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:46 AM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsBells View Post
Welcome to HFBoards... where guys like Ladislav Smid can be better Jay Bouwmeester.

Please humor us as to how JBlow would be a better fit in Edmonton than Ladi taking all factors into account.

Last edited by gooilgo: 01-09-2013 at 01:51 AM.
gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote