HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryane Clowe to Edmonton?

Old
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
who else is coming back with Clowe?
Handzus!

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I think it'd take Sam Gagner, Jeff Petry and a 2013 2nd round pick
I wouldn't do this is Clowe was locked up at a reasonable price.

Paajarvi would be the center piece in a deal for Clowe to Edmonton. Doubt we'd give anything else until we know he'd be here for more than a rental.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

I dont get why you would hate the idea of getting Hemsky. You want more speed in your team? Hemsky gives you speed + skill.

Hes basically the same player as Havlat, except havlat is more of a goalscorer (Both first round picks, both czechs, both near the same age (hemsky younger), both great speed and hands, both having injury plagued careers.)

Havlat had 3 consecutive seasons where he played less than 50 games, then goes on to be relatively healthy for 3 seasons, then last year went down again only playing 39 games. Hemskys biggest injuries have been in the last few years, hes played less than 50 games two seasons in a row, then last season was decently healthy putting in 69 games.

Hemsky has also hit 70+ points twice in his career and 60+ points once, while Havlat has one 70+ pt season and two 60pt seasons. (not pro rating)

Yet here everyone treats Hemsky like the forward version of Komisarek, and you dont hear a word about Havlat.

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I like the idea of having Hemsky. I'd swap him and Clowe if there weren't this thing called the salary cap.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:49 PM
rockinghockey

People who think that Clowe would get Gagner, PRV and a 2nd are on drugs.

I would think hard about Hemsky though. I would be curious first if Clowe would want to resign in EDM.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:53 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I would be curious first if Clowe would want to resign in EDM.
I noted it in the last topic, but Clowe seems like the type of player who wants to be the big-shot in the locker-room. Give him the C and he'll re-sign.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:10 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I noted it in the last topic, but Clowe seems like the type of player who wants to be the big-shot in the locker-room. Give him the C and he'll re-sign.
We do need a captain.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
We do need a captain.
Hall is after Horc

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I like the idea of having Hemsky. I'd swap him and Clowe if there weren't this thing called the salary cap.
Edm would be eating a portion of Hemsky's salary wouldn't they?

And Edmonton could always wait till the deadline. If SJ is in the race, no way it gets done. If they are tanking, I could very well see a Hemsky for Clowe deal done.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:12 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Edm would be eating a portion of Hemsky's salary wouldn't they?

And Edmonton could always wait till the deadline. If SJ is in the race, no way it gets done. If they are tanking, I could very well see a Hemsky for Clowe deal done.
No, I don't think they would. But I'm not just talking about this season, I'm talking about next season.

If we are in the race, no way does Clowe get traded. If we aren't, then we'd be trading Clowe for futures, not for Hemsky.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
So let me get this straight. If SJ was tanking they'd trade not for futures but would do a move you would expect a team loading up for a run would do? What?

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Evets 81

It would make way more sense to have Hemsky a part of this deal, rather than Gagner. Edmonton already has enough wingers for the top 2 lines, so if we make a trade to get one, then we should give one up at the same time.

Almost want to say something like.. Hemsky+Hartikainen for Clowe+(and maybe) Justin Braun? What is Braun's value to SJ?

If it were to work out like that, San Jose gets a speedy top 6 winger, and a gritty bottom 6 winger who is still improving and getting better (would really like to keep Hartikainen in Edmonton though). And Edmonton gets some much needed size and grit in their top 2 lines, and a bit of a defensive prospect who seems to be the type of defenseman Edmonton could use.

How does something like that sound?

Evets 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:46 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeam14 View Post
It would make way more sense to have Hemsky a part of this deal, rather than Gagner. Edmonton already has enough wingers for the top 2 lines, so if we make a trade to get one, then we should give one up at the same time.

Almost want to say something like.. Hemsky+Hartikainen for Clowe+(and maybe) Justin Braun? What is Braun's value to SJ?

If it were to work out like that, San Jose gets a speedy top 6 winger, and a gritty bottom 6 winger who is still improving and getting better (would really like to keep Hartikainen in Edmonton though). And Edmonton gets some much needed size and grit in their top 2 lines, and a bit of a defensive prospect who seems to be the type of defenseman Edmonton could use.

Braun's not a defensive prospect. He's a 4/5 two-way NHLer on a great contract for three more years. And he's highly, highly valued in SJ.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Evets 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Braun's not a defensive prospect. He's a 4/5 two-way NHLer on a great contract for three more years. And he's highly, highly valued in SJ.
Is he? Ok, wasn't entirely sure. Can definitely take him out of my proposal then since it would throw off the balance of it. In place of him, what does SJ have for defensemen who are a defensive, bottom pairing level? I think Edmonton could use a good, defensive minded 5/6 guy.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:03 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:

Braun is almost as valued as Demers, which is pretty high. If Murray leaves via FA, Braun would be our #6 and we currently have no defensive prospects ready to step in. Braun will likely be a top 4 defenseman that can play PP. I would love Hartikainen but not at the expense of Braun.

How good are you guys with goaltending prospects? We have a surplus of goalies that need NHL experience if you're interested. Khabibulin will turn 40 later this week and I don't know any other Oiler goalies besides Dubnyk.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:06 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Braun is almost as valued as Demers, which is pretty high. If Murray leaves via FA, Braun would be our #6 and we currently have no defensive prospects ready to step in. Braun will likely be a top 4 defenseman that can play PP. I would love Hartikainen but not at the expense of Braun.

How good are you guys with goaltending prospects? We have a surplus of goalies that need NHL experience if you're interested. Khabibulin will turn 40 later this week and I don't know any other Oiler goalies besides Dubnyk.
I don't think we're hard up for goalies actually.

We have last years AHL best goalie in Yann Danis, who will likely be given a shot as back up next year. We also have a couple of very good prospects, including Tyler Bunz who has played amazing everywhere he has went.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:07 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Is he? Ok, wasn't entirely sure. Can definitely take him out of my proposal then since it would throw off the balance of it. In place of him, what does SJ have for defensemen who are a defensive, bottom pairing level? I think Edmonton could use a good, defensive minded 5/6 guy.
Only guy on this team is Murray. Petrecki still needs a little more work to become NHL-ready.

Jim Vandermeer is still unsigned.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Evets 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post

Goalie is a huge question mark, to me. Khabi is almost done, there were even questions of him actually being able to come back and play again, since I think he hurt himself somewhere. Dubnyk is slowly developing into (hopefully) our future #1. That being said, it still isn't a for sure thing he will be it. I think he will, but we will wait 2 or 3 years and see. We have Tyler Bunz, who has shown some growth and talent, but I haven't heard too much about him lately. I'd think we could use some goalie prospects, for sure.

Also, we had Vandemeer a couple seasons ago, he served us well but I think I remember him being a bit slow, skatingwise. He ended up as more of a fill-in defenseman (which, for the Oilers at the time, was basically a regular role due to injuries.. lol)