HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Getzlaf / Corey Perry at trade deadline.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
To Ana- Kesler, Booth, Schroeder
To Van- Getzlaf, Perry

Conditional on the Canucks having a window to re-sign the Anaheim duo.
Why would they trade for a straight across downgrade?

If they were resigned to both of them leaving, I don't think they'd have a choice but to rebuild.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
good player + decent prospect + conditional 1st (if he signs with new team)

from EDM (assuming EDM is in playoffs hunt): Gagner + Hartikainen + conditional 2013 1st

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Why would they trade for a straight across downgrade?

If they were resigned to both of them leaving, I don't think they'd have a choice but to rebuild.

They receive a downgrade because they're dealing 2 UFA's, whereas they're getting back a 1st line centreman on an excellent contract.

If you can bring back Kesler, Booth and Schroeder you don't have to re-build...

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
They receive a downgrade because they're dealing 2 UFA's, whereas they're getting back a 1st line centreman on an excellent contract.

Kesler is damaged goods until proven otherwise, and Booth's contract counteracts Kesler's.

You're trading for a mediocre 2nd line with Kesler, Booth and Schroeder. The Ducks would be better off getting picks and prospects.

EDIT - before the homers attack, HEALTHY Kesler certainly isn't mediocre. But who knows when that guy comes back. Booth and Schroeder are nothing special though, and Schroeder is a RFA to boot. Not money well spent.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:

The ducks are in a very tough position this year. If we lose Selanne plus Getz and Perry we are In FULL rebuild mode. And our prospect pipeline isn't ready for first or second line minutes. I wonder what our GM Murray would do in this position.

Ducksgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:45 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Kennedy
Bennett
Choice of Dumoulin/Maatta/Strait/Bortz
1st

Martin if you want him too.
Yeah Anaheim won't give Perry up for just that. I could see a deal like this:

Perry

Despres
Dumoulin
Kennedy
2013 1st

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

One thing to keep in mind as far as their value as rentals is concerned - teams can get them for half price. The Ducks can retain half their cap hit, allowing for a team close to the cap to get a 1st line player for 2.6M (prorated).

Old
01-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
You're trading for a mediocre 2nd line with Kesler, Booth and Schroeder. The Ducks would be better off getting picks and prospects.
To Ana- Kesler, Booth, Jensen, 1st
To Van- Getzlaf, Perry (signed)

Anaheim gets an excellent goalscoring prospect, a 1st in a deep draft, a young 1st line centre to replace Getzlaf and Booth to help replace some of the goals lost. Serves short and longterm needs.

Vancouver pushes hard for the cup. Succession planning for the Sedins inevitable decline.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
One thing to keep in mind as far as their value as rentals is concerned - teams can get them for half price. The Ducks can retain half their cap hit, allowing for a team close to the cap to get a 1st line player for 2.6M (prorated).
Good post DVM. Didn't think of that.

Ducksgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
To Ana- Kesler, Booth, Jensen, 1st
To Van- Getzlaf, Perry (signed)

Anaheim gets an excellent goalscoring prospect, a 1st in a deep draft, a young 1st line centre to replace Getzlaf and Booth to help replace some of the goals lost. Serves short and longterm needs.

Vancouver pushes hard for the cup. Succession planning for the Sedins inevitable decline.
Kesler is worth one of the two, and you expect to get the other for spare parts? Nope.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Kesler is worth one of the two, and you expect to get the other for spare parts? Nope.
Jensen and a 1st are spare parts? Booth is no slouch either, just overpaid.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Remember2004

Could this be another Suter/Parise? Where they both sign on the same

team thats not Anaheim?

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:24 AM
Senatorsfan92*

If Perry is can be had for a trade then I think
that Bryan Murray makes offer or gets Perry
at the trade deadline.

Bryan Murray makes a offer fo Corey Perry.
Zibanejad/Bishop/Wiercioch

Senatorsfan92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Ryan Kesler has 4 more years at $5mil. He's more valuable than Getzlaf and Perry.

Jensen is an excellent prospect - the 2013 draft is outstanding.

Disagree entirely.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:30 AM
roflstomper
I don't row.

I dont think the Bruins would be too interested in Getzlaf. For Perry whether it's fair or not I'd only give up Spooner+Boychuk+Conditional 1st round on winning the cup.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Ryan Kesler has 4 more years at $5mil. He's more valuable than Getzlaf and Perry.

Jensen is an excellent prospect - the 2013 draft is outstanding.

Disagree entirely.
Kesler had shoulder and wrist surgery, is behind schedule with his recovery, and was described as "months away" from a return in December. He may or may not return to being a goal scorer. He could also turn into a checking center at a 5M price tag. Right now he is nowhere near worth more than Perry and Getzlaf.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Kesler had shoulder and wrist surgery, is behind schedule with his recovery, and was described as "months away" from a return in December. He may or may not return to being a goal scorer. He could also turn into a checking center at a 5M price tag. Right now he is nowhere near worth more than Perry and Getzlaf.
And Getzlaf may have regressed into a 10 goal, 55 point centre. Ryan Kesler played through injury for most of last season and still was better than Getzlaf.

Ryan Kesler is absolutely the most valuable of the 3. We're comparing pending UFA's here to a guy locked up to an excellent, longterm contract. Pending UFA's never return assets like Ryan Kesler.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
And Getzlaf may have regressed into a 10 goal, 55 point centre. Ryan Kesler played through injury for most of last season and still was better than Getzlaf.

Ryan Kesler is absolutely the most valuable of the 3. We're comparing pending UFA's here to a guy locked up to an excellent, longterm contract. Pending UFA's never return assets like Ryan Kesler.
Getzlaf and Perry are historically 90+ point players who will be playing this year before the trade deadline to show whether last year is their new norm or an aberration. Kesler is a historically 75 point player who may not.

Explain how Kesler scoring 49 points is outplaying Getzlaf with 57? Getzlaf is a playmaker, not a goalscorer.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:30 AM
xtra

Quote:
Getzlaf and Perry are historically 90+ point players who will be playing this year before the trade deadline to show whether last year is their new norm or an aberration. Kesler is a historically 75 point player who may not.

Explain how Kesler scoring 49 points is outplaying Getzlaf with 57? Getzlaf is a playmaker, not a goalscorer.
SO what exactly are the ducks looking for? a super top prospect ala, Yakupov? cause thats never going to happen. Look at the Hossa and Kovalchuk trades and that's what you can expect

Hossa went for: Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, prospect Angelo Esposito(who at the time was already a bust), and the Penguins' first-round pick in 2008 (Daultan Leveille);

Kovalchuk went for: rookie forward Niclas Bergfors, junior prospect Patrice Cormier and New Jersey's first-round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

and that includes Pascal Dupuis (solid 3rd liner) going with Hossa and Odyua going with Kovalchuk. So tell me again how these two packages are worse than the kesler booth Jensen 1st offer?

Kesler>Armstrong>Bergfors
Booth>Christensen>Cormier
Van1st=NJD1st=Pit 1st (all within 1 or 2 spots of eachother)
Jensen for free.

So take what zeus said that Kesler signed is worth one of the two not signed that package is on par if not better than what the pens and devils paid for their stars.

But since i love the way perry plays i would even up the offer:

Booth + Kesler + Jensen + 1st 2013, 1st 2015 and Schroder
for
Perry and Getzlaf (if we get them signed before hand)

xtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

Give me 50 points from the 2nd line with relatively weak linemates over 57 points from the qst line with a star winger every day of the week. Never mind Kesler's biggest strength is his defensive play.

I wouldn't bet on Getzlaf's production staying down. Nor would I bet on Kesler reverting back to being a checking line player.

I've never seen a rental return a star like Ryan Kesler. Contract status dirves value in a big way...

Old
01-09-2013, 01:41 AM
Markus078

1. the Ducks will not trade one of them
2. both will resign in Anaheim

That's it!

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:42 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
If the Canucks have any chance of getting Getzlaf, they def should! I'd pay anything! Luongo, Edler and Booth plus a good D prospect or high pick for Getzlaf!

Canucks have an aging core. If they can get Getzlaf and sign him, Perry will follow via FA and there is your first line to replace the Sedins. Constant contention!

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Give me 50 points from the 2nd line with relatively weak linemates over 57 points from the qst line with a star winger every day of the week. Never mind Kesler's biggest strength is his defensive play.

I wouldn't bet on Getzlaf's production staying down. Nor would I bet on Kesler reverting back to being a checking line player.

I've never seen a rental return a star like Ryan Kesler. Contract status dirves value in a big way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
SO what exactly are the ducks looking for? a super top prospect ala, Yakupov? cause thats never going to happen. Look at the Hossa and Kovalchuk trades and that's what you can expect

Hossa went for: Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, prospect Angelo Esposito(who at the time was already a bust), and the Penguins' first-round pick in 2008 (Daultan Leveille);

Kovalchuk went for: rookie forward Niclas Bergfors, junior prospect Patrice Cormier and New Jersey's first-round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

and that includes Pascal Dupuis (solid 3rd liner) going with Hossa and Odyua going with Kovalchuk. So tell me again how these two packages are worse than the kesler booth Jensen 1st offer?

Kesler>Armstrong>Bergfors
Booth>Christensen>Cormier
Van1st=NJD1st=Pit 1st (all within 1 or 2 spots of eachother)
Jensen for free.

So take what zeus said that Kesler signed is worth one of the two not signed that package is on par if not better than what the pens and devils paid for their stars.

But since i love the way perry plays i would even up the offer:

Booth + Kesler + Jensen + 1st 2013, 1st 2015 and Schroder
for
Perry and Getzlaf (if we get them signed before hand)
Again, when Kesler is healthy, come talk to me. Until then nobody is trading beans for him and Vancouver isn't trading him because a healthy Kesler is worth more than beans. The Ducks won't be trading for a player who may never perform again. I'm really not sure why this is so hard to understand. I'm not arguing the value of a healthy Kesler, but then again, you don't have one of those to trade, do you?

And a signed Getzlaf and Perry are worth a king's ransom.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:03 AM
xtra

Quote:
Again, when Kesler is healthy, come talk to me. Until then nobody is trading beans for him and Vancouver isn't trading him because a healthy Kesler is worth more than beans. The Ducks won't be trading for a player who may never perform again. I'm really not sure why this is so hard to understand. I'm not arguing the value of a healthy Kesler, but then again, you don't have one of those to trade, do you?

And a signed Getzlaf and Perry are worth a king's ransom.
Sure and when you have a signed Getzlaf and Perry then you can get a kings ransom. Otherwise expect a first, top prospect and a roster player for each of them. If that's the deal you want instead of taking a chance that kesler returns to the 75 point center he was then there is nothing to say. But also let's poit out that none of those players in the pens/devils deals became a trying close to the 57point center kesler was last year nor have they come close to the 40-45 point player David booth is.

xtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
Sure and when you have a signed Getzlaf and Perry then you can get a kings ransom. Otherwise expect a first, top prospect and a roster player for each of them. If that's the deal you want instead of taking a chance that kesler returns to the 75 point center he was then there is nothing to say. But also let's poit out that none of those players in the pens/devils deals became a trying close to the 57point center kesler was last year nor have they come close to the 40-45 point player David booth is.
I was responding to a poster who included a signed Perry and Getzlaf.