HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: Is the light getting brighter?

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 02:51 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
We can see that. You mentioned Gardiner before that even.
Lol true.

Gards is untouchableeeeeeee

Old
01-09-2013, 03:05 AM
professorchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Good. I hope Roberto goes to Florida or Chicago or Kiev, for that matter. Anywhere but Toronto unless the price is a third round draft choice or lower.
You will probably get your wish as there really isn't anyone on Toronto's roster that Vancouver can use. Florida is more likely than Toronto, and that is a longshot.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Actually wouldn't mind Frattin, not as the main piece but wouldn't be a bad option in the trade.

I still think Kadri will be in the deal, I just can't see how Gillis would accept anything else that is realistically being thrown around, the value just doesn't match up in all those other players as it does in Kadri IMO.

Bozak has little value really, Franson does aswell since he won't play for u and isn't a top 6 guy here, Frattin brings some but not enough, Biggs isn't going anywhere, I like Finn not sure how interested Burke is in giving him up though, I'm not really that interested in Colbourne or Ashton, and u aren't giving up a 1st but I'm sure there will be a 2nd in the deal which I'm fine with. I don't know how interested you are in trading McArthur as a rental for us but that is something I would look at with an extra piece or two (Perhaps a condiditional pick if he doesn't re-sign) Other than that nothing that you have that we would want is all that realistic.

It's going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:26 AM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

I would just keep Luongo's ass and play out this shortened season. He might get hot down the stretch you never know. Schneider AND Luongo, best tandem in league.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:53 AM
var

Once again, anything less than Gardiner and Van walks. There really isn't much else on TO. Centers are too weak, Phaneuf is impossible, Schenn is gone, Lupul is probably impossible. Nobody else helps Van in any meaningful way - at least worthy of Lu. Gardiner is still a major downgrade when considering how much the two players contribute to the team's performance, but who knows. Doubt Gillis is after picks considering win-now strat.

That said, it would be strange that EDM wouldn't get Lu and Ballard for something. Seems like a perfect fit. The inter-division thing might be it. God EDM would look good.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:54 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by var View Post
Once again, anything less than Gardiner and Van walks. There really isn't much else on TO. Centers are too weak, Phaneuf is impossible, Schenn is gone, Lupul is probably impossible. Nobody else helps Van in any meaningful way - at least worthy of Lu. Gardiner is still a major downgrade when considering how much the two players contribute to the team's performance, but who knows. Doubt Gillis is after picks considering win-now strat.

That said, it would be strange that EDM wouldn't get Lu and Ballard for something. Seems like a perfect fit. The inter-division thing might be it. God EDM would look good.
Gardiner just isn't happening.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:55 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
gardiner is off the table
Well then help pick him up. You just can't leave him lying there on the floor

Old
01-09-2013, 03:58 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
you get it

Old
01-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Stats01

Quote:

What don't you get...Gardiner IS NOT going to be traded for Luongo or be any part of a Luongo trade. I know you wish the more you mention it the better the chance of it actually happening but sorry to burst your bubble Gardiner is pretty much untouchable. Burke was adamant getting him in the Beauchemin trade along with Lupul. Burke drafted him and absolutely loves the kid. His potential is through the roof. I know you value Luongo very highly but at least be realistic with your trade ideas.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:12 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
you get it
Thanks, I'd like to think I do.

I understand not wanting to move Gardiner, he's already a HUGE part of your team at 22, I wouldn't wanna move that either.

Not that he is a star player or anything but I think alot of people underrate him.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
You are right, Gardiner would be an overpayment for Ballard, only players like Luongo can get him, Gardiner, Kadri and 1 st is enough.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
You are right, Gardiner would be an overpayment for Ballard, only players like Luongo can get him, Gardiner, Kadri and 1 st is enough.
Not sure if serious.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Hmmm I think Toronto needs to add. Oh I know what to do! the HF tradition of adding a second rounder to even the trade out. We all know how GM's drool over those second round picks.

Komisarek

for

Crosby

Nope. Not even close.

Komisarek+2nd

for Crosby

Done deal.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Hmmm I think Toronto needs to add. Oh I know what to do! the HF tradition of adding a second rounder to even the trade out. We all know how GM's drool over those second round picks.

Komisarek

for

Crosby

Nope. Not even close.

Komisarek+2nd

for Crosby

Done deal.
To be fair 31st overall isnt a terrible pick....

Old
01-09-2013, 04:31 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
There is no way we get that.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:53 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
There is no way we get that.
to be honest I don't think you get a 1st and not just from us I just don't think you get it draft is to deep

Old
01-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Regal

One thing to keep in mind is that a deal doesn't necessarily have to meet Vancouver's needs in itself. Obviously the market for Luongo isn't huge, so if you can't get what you'd like for him, maybe you try to get good assets for him that other teams would like and fill your needs in a separate deal. I'm not too high on most of the Toronto proposals, but a guy like Kadri, or some of the other prospects/picks mentioned in a deal, might be enticing to someone looking to make a deal at the deadline for an actual upgrade for this season.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:03 AM
var

Quote:
What don't you get...Gardiner IS NOT going to be traded for Luongo or be any part of a Luongo trade. I know you wish the more you mention it the better the chance of it actually happening but sorry to burst your bubble Gardiner is pretty much untouchable. Burke was adamant getting him in the Beauchemin trade along with Lupul. Burke drafted him and absolutely loves the kid. His potential is through the roof. I know you value Luongo very highly but at least be realistic with your trade ideas.
If Gillis was after Huberdeau from Florida, Gardiner would have to be the target in TO. If Burke goes after Lu and is successful, it won't be a comfortable, Leafs clearly win deal that doesn't unplug something of high quality. It's not being realistic. It's wishful to hope for a deal that doesn't give up anything of real value, but not realistic. Besides, regardless of the TO love affair with Gardiner, if he's your ticket to Lu, he's very much worth it. TO is a lost team without him. The other reason is because Gillis would much rather have a player he can use rather than a first round pick, and giving up a first in TO isn't cool anymore.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
to be honest I don't think you get a 1st and not just from us I just don't think you get it draft is to deep
I agree, unless the players in the deal aren't close to fair value (like say just Bozak) I doubt we get the first either although Gillis will push hard for it and if we don't get it I think we will definetly get a 2nd or something else of similar value.

Quote:
If Gillis was after Huberdeau from Florida, Gardiner would have to be the target in TO. If Burke goes after Lu and is successful, it won't be a comfortable, Leafs clearly win deal that doesn't unplug something of high quality. It's not being realistic. It's wishful to hope for a deal that doesn't give up anything of real value, but not realistic. Besides, regardless of the TO love affair with Gardiner, if he's your ticket to Lu, he's very much worth it. TO is a lost team without him. The other reason is because Gillis would much rather have a player he can use rather than a first round pick, and giving up a first in TO isn't cool anymore.
Huberdeau was never the target, everyone knows that he is a complete non-starter. The target was Bjugstad and they aren't willing to give him either so at this point the target is Weiss since he is probably going to leave.

Gardiner was probably the target early on since he isn't quite as valuable as Huberdeau but I doubt he is anymore, Gillis probably knows he won't get him and right now we don't really need him anyways (Although it is always nice to add 22 year old top 4 D-men with upside)

If a deal isn't done like some are reporting, I think MG's target is Kadri, a 1st and something else.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:42 AM
Spectrefire

I really hope our target isn't Kadri. Between Kadri and Schroeder, I give Schroeder the higher chance of becoming an every day NHLer over Kadri. Kadri seems like he's offense or bust. At least Schroeder can play defense.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Chungo

Burke is not going to go after Luongo, unless he changed his mind over the off-season.

If Burke wanted an elite goaltender than he could have had Vokoun for a lot less than what Luongo would cost him.

Benefits of Vokoun over Luongo:

-Vokoun(36) is 3 years older than Luongo(33), which would give Reimer adequate time as a back-up learning from an elite goaltender, while still having a starting role at an age where or prospect will be in their prime.
- Vokoun only costed a 2nd round draft pick.
- Vokoun actually wanted to come to Toronto.
- Vokoun career SV% .917 to Luongo SV% .918
- Vokoun salary 2 years @ 2 million/year.... Luongo $5.3million/10 years

This is just my opion, but unless Burke really wants Luongo than I think he's sitting out. Not saying that he shouldn't go after Luongo, but Vokoun was a better steal.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:13 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
Burke is not going to go after Luongo, unless he changed his mind over the off-season.

If Burke wanted an elite goaltender than he could have had Vokoun for a lot less than what Luongo would cost him.

Benefits of Vokoun over Luongo:

-Vokoun(36) is 3 years older than Luongo(33), which would give Reimer adequate time as a back-up learning from an elite goaltender, while still having a starting role at an age where or prospect will be in their prime.
- Vokoun only costed a 2nd round draft pick.
- Vokoun actually wanted to come to Toronto.
- Vokoun career SV% .917 to Luongo SV% .918
- Vokoun salary 2 years @ 2 million/year.... Luongo $5.3million/10 years

This is just my opion, but unless Burke really wants Luongo than I think he's sitting out. Not saying that he shouldn't go after Luongo, but Vokoun was a better steal.
Did Vokoun actually want to come here? If that's the case it might have been better, although Luongo is a better goalie than Vokoun IMO.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Chungo

Quote:
Did Vokoun actually want to come here? If that's the case it might have been better, although Luongo is a better goalie than Vokoun IMO.
I remember when they were reporting it last year, he apparently wanted to go to Toronto and one other team that I can't remember. That was the rumour anyway, but Burke wanted to stay firm behind Reimer and Scrivens. Sometimes I feel that whats reported is bogus, but this one looked legitimate.

If this is the case than I think this will be Burkes worst move as a GM of the Leafs and history will repeat itself from his Canucks tenure.

This is before signing with the caps, showing he has interest in the leafs:
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/27...rest-in-vokoun

This is showing that the Penguins snatched him up first.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...n-tomas-vokoun

Old
01-09-2013, 06:18 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
It will be interesting to see Nucks fans reactions when Lou gets traded for MUCH less than they are asking for ...
wow how often do you need to say this in the thread? How is crap like this useful in ANYWAY?

Old
01-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
I remember when they were reporting it last year, he apparently wanted to go to Toronto and one other team that I can't remember. That was the rumour anyway, but Burke wanted to stay firm behind Reimer and Scrivens. Sometimes I feel that whats reported is bogus, but this one looked legitimate.

If this is the case than I think this will be Burkes worst move as a GM of the Leafs and history will repeat itself from his Canucks tenure.

This is before signing with the caps, showing he has interest in the leafs:
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/27...rest-in-vokoun

This is showing that the Penguins snatched him up first.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...n-tomas-vokoun
Ah I see, could have been a good additional although honestly I think he has regressed in his year with the Caps, he was great for part of the year, then he was average then he got injured. Maybe he rekindles old form with the Pens but the fact he and his agent were willing to take a backup role for such less money doesn't send me a positive signal that he would have solved your problems, not trying to rain on anyones parade or anything.

Closed Thread