HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Period Opens.....? Who's buying, who's selling?

Old
01-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Raimu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Yes I heard that too. I think it's confirmed.... Who is he anyway, what impact will he have because I think he's a 96...
I think Batt and Gange is pretty much a wash if hes part of the Danault deal. Probably just a guy who Moncton had their eye on since the draft, and vice-versa.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:41 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Lucas Batt ‏@batter96

Very excited to be the newest member of the Moncton wildcats! Thanks everyone in Victoriaville for the short period of time I spent there!

Haven't heard anything about this yet... but Lucas Batt seems to think hes a wildcat...
he was acquired in return for a 4th round pick and Julien Proulx (7th round pick 2012)

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Mathletic

very intersting day, big day for Moncton, great move by Chicoutimi getting Léveillé + picks

really like the Donaghey move by the Remparts as well, Murphy to Halifax is huge as well

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:56 PM
chsb

The Titan have the 1st 2013 from Victoriaville.

I can see them losing Vance and Danault meaning they coujd fall down quite a bit giving the Titan a top-6 pick....interesting.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:01 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
The Titan have the 1st 2013 from Victoriaville.

I can see them losing Vance and Danault meaning they coujd fall down quite a bit giving the Titan a top-6 pick....interesting.
yeah....very interesting....especially for a team that was going to make big moves and contend

Old
01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
yeah....very interesting....especially for a team that was going to make big moves and contend
I hope you have not closed that shutter yet!

Old
01-08-2013, 04:23 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Is it just me or did Chicoutimi really rob Baie Comeau. Although I don't thoroughly understand, I know the hype to Gregoire and that Desrosiers is a solid tender but WOW, what a return ! Leveille, 2 1st rounders and Gobeil seems like a large overpayment if you ask me. I'd take Leveille alone over Gregoire!

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Is it just me or did Chicoutimi really rob Baie Comeau. Although I don't thoroughly understand, I know the hype to Gregoire and that Desrosiers is a solid tender but WOW, what a return ! Leveille, 2 1st rounders and Gobeil seems like a large overpayment if you ask me. I'd take Leveille alone over Gregoire!
Yeah, I think I agree. Gobeil is a throw in really. So essentially its leveille and 2 x 1st round. Its expensive. I certainly don't think desrosier is worth a first round pick and I don't think Gregoire is worth that much more than leveille.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Catz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
He is expected to be one.
He's not

Catz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:32 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catz View Post
He's not
Are you sure ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:06 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catz View Post
He pretends to have inside info.
H - y - p - o - c - r - i - t - e

Hypocrite.

Quote:
Are you sure ?
Willy Palov who IMO and most others is maybe the best reporter of info in the Q when it comes to this time of the year, said he's part of it... Along with several other Q reporters.... I may be wrong, but Palov wouldn't name names unless he had the inside track or confirmed knowledge of it..So I'd trust Palov over anyone on HF lol

Last edited by RJQuack: 01-08-2013 at 11:17 PM.
RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:13 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Yeah, I think I agree. Gobeil is a throw in really. So essentially its leveille and 2 x 1st round. Its expensive. I certainly don't think desrosier is worth a first round pick and I don't think Gregoire is worth that much more than leveille.
Is it just me or is Gregoire really slow for Q standards... I think Chicoutimi wins this one regardless.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:12 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
H - y - p - o - c - r - i - t - e

Hypocrite.

Willy Palov who IMO and most others is maybe the best reporter of info in the Q when it comes to this time of the year, said he's part of it... Along with several other Q reporters.... I may be wrong, but Palov wouldn't name names unless he had the inside track or confirmed knowledge of it..So I'd trust Palov over anyone on HF lol
My thoughts exactly.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Yeah same for me, just getting Léveillé in that trade would have been more than good enough for me. Baie-Comeau is pretty much all in for this year and they still wanted a goalie in case Cadorette and Lemieux weren't getting it done but still, massive overpayment IMO.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Yeah same for me, just getting Léveillé in that trade would have been more than good enough for me. Baie-Comeau is pretty much all in for this year and they still wanted a goalie in case Cadorette and Lemieux weren't getting it done but still, massive overpayment IMO.
You need to re-look the roster and age of players acquired if you think they are not going to compete next year.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
You need to re-look the roster and age of players acquired if you think they are not going to compete next year.
Sure I didn't mean Baie-Comeau wouldn't be good next year. I should have used a different expression than "all in". Of those trades, Grégoire still will play at least 2 more years for them if not 3, Poulin should be there for 3 years including this year, they also had a bunch of picks before making all those trades, so I'm not worried for them. But they think they have a shot this year and they made trades to win this year.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:06 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Sure I didn't mean Baie-Comeau wouldn't be good next year. I should have used a different expression than "all in". Of those trades, Grégoire still will play at least 2 more years for them if not 3, Poulin should be there for 3 years including this year, they also had a bunch of picks before making all those trades, so I'm not worried for them. But they think they have a shot this year and they made trades to win this year.
They should feel they have a chance. They are 2nd overall. The trades they made, make them marginally better this year, and much better next year. Plus, they still own a firts round pick each year.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:59 PM
chsb

Looking at this trade period and the way it turned out, I am not sure teams like Quebec/BLB/Mocton will turn around significantly following the trade period.
They are all struggling right now while teams like RN/BC/Rimouski/Halifax are doing very well.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

BLB has been awful for a month..

Old
01-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Catz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Looking at this trade period and the way it turned out, I am not sure teams like Quebec/BLB/Mocton will turn around significantly following the trade period.
They are all struggling right now while teams like RN/BC/Rimouski/Halifax are doing very well.
You realize that moncton won 17 of 23 games before jaskin left for wjc.
Now they got jaskin and danualt and you don't think there gonna pick up where they left off?

Catz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:13 PM
wingmanpei

Quote:
BLB has been awful for a month..
It is understandable not to do anything if a team is playing well and you don't want to tinker much if there is a possibility that it will upset chemistry but in a way kinda surprised they didn't make at least a small move at the end of the trading period to sort of shake things up.

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
It is understandable not to do anything if a team is playing well and you don't want to tinker much if there is a possibility that it will upset chemistry but in a way kinda surprised they didn't make at least a small move at the end of the trading period to sort of shake things up.

Umm, they picked up Ryan Tesink, I think that counts for something.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

I'd love to see Clapperton, Tesink and Matteau together.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

They have been awful for a month.

Partly cause Marcoux was out but still..

Old
01-13-2013, 02:58 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
They have been awful for a month.

Partly cause Marcoux was out but still..
Marcoux looked pretty bad the last two games, and the forward group there looked underwhelming too... Maybe they're just slumping, but Cape Breton is a good way to get their confidence up... If they lose tomorrow, yeah I'd press panic lol.