HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: Is the light getting brighter?

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 06:36 AM
Jax Teller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Ah I see, could have been a good additional although honestly I think he has regressed in his year with the Caps, he was great for part of the year, then he was average then he got injured. Maybe he rekindles old form with the Pens but the fact he and his agent were willing to take a backup role for such less money doesn't send me a positive signal that he would have solved your problems, not trying to rain on anyones parade or anything.
I personally see Vokoun developing into a 1A guy in Pittsburgh this season. Every year they've played in the league Vokoun has had better statistics, minus 1 season. That will likely happen again this year and Pittsburgh won't have a choice. They'll have to play him more than Fleury.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Ah I see, could have been a good additional although honestly I think he has regressed in his year with the Caps, he was great for part of the year, then he was average then he got injured. Maybe he rekindles old form with the Pens but the fact he and his agent were willing to take a backup role for such less money doesn't send me a positive signal that he would have solved your problems, not trying to rain on anyones parade or anything.
It's hard to understand what happend there until we know forsure. Even with the Caps his SV% was .917, if I remember correctly. We really don't know what happened, but even if it was a 50-50 split with Reimer, it would have solved a majority of our goals against problems.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:43 AM
rikker
fan since '75.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
I personally see Vokoun developing into a 1A guy in Pittsburgh this season. Every year they've played in the league Vokoun has had better statistics, minus 1 season. That will likely happen again this year and Pittsburgh won't have a choice. They'll have to play him more than Fleury.
always liked Vokoun. and Fleury is over rated...

Old
01-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
I remember when they were reporting it last year, he apparently wanted to go to Toronto and one other team that I can't remember. That was the rumour anyway, but Burke wanted to stay firm behind Reimer and Scrivens. Sometimes I feel that whats reported is bogus, but this one looked legitimate.

If this is the case than I think this will be Burkes worst move as a GM of the Leafs and history will repeat itself from his Canucks tenure.

This is before signing with the caps, showing he has interest in the leafs:
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/27...rest-in-vokoun

This is showing that the Penguins snatched him up first.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...n-tomas-vokoun
Burke stated after the Vokoun thing that the club does not trade for a players rights. That's why Vokoun is not a Leaf, because of club policy.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Burke stated after the Vokoun thing that the club does not trade for a players rights. That's why Vokoun is not a Leaf, because of club policy.
and why we will effectively be a non-playoff contender and possibly trade effective pieces such as Kadri, Bozak and possibly more rather than giving up a 7th round pick.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Jax Teller

Quote:
I'm a big Burke fan, but that's ridiculous. There were obvious advantages to making that move. If he goes with Luongo he will have spent 100 times the assets and 100 times the money for if you go by career statistics, essentially the same product. Simply because he handicaps himself by making his own set of rules.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:36 AM
intylerwetrust
Space Oddity

Luongo to Leafs to be announced by "tomorrow"

as per Elliott Price of TSN 690 in Montreal

Old
01-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Beezeral

There is a whole other thread for this

Old
01-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Well for one thing, it can't be announced tomorrow since NHLPA hasn't voted yet.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
I'm a big Burke fan, but that's ridiculous. There were obvious advantages to making that move. If he goes with Luongo he will have spent 100 times the assets and 100 times the money for if you go by career statistics, essentially the same product. Simply because he handicaps himself by making his own set of rules.
Isnt that what every good manager does tho? sets what he feels are rules to making a successful team. He probably feels that its not worth giving up the pick, and he stands as good of a chance of getting the player in FA as opposed to just before.

He may go "The club wont trade for veteran players" or "The club will not trade draft picks unless receiving a higher pick in return."

Both of those are rules.

If you dont agree with the way he is managing, feel free to criticise. But dont knock the process.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:45 AM
vanillaradio

Quote:
Paul Hendricks went on record (via Twitter) to state that Burke tried to trade for Justin Schultz's rights before he became a free-agent, so I'm sure that isn't true.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:51 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

HNIC radio is laughing saying it's pretty much done or done in theory, but trades need to open first.

Extremely curious to see what is going the other way, especially considering the deal couldn't get done with Florida and all the pieces they have to play with.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:59 AM
intylerwetrust
Space Oddity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
HNIC radio is laughing saying it's pretty much done or done in theory, but trades need to open first.

Extremely curious to see what is going the other way, especially considering the deal couldn't get done with Florida and all the pieces they have to play with.
Im thinking Bozak and/or maybe Kadri

Old
01-09-2013, 08:00 AM
dubey
So hot right now

Announce it now plz

Old
01-09-2013, 08:01 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

Quote:
Originally Posted by intylerwetrust View Post
Im thinking Bozak and/or maybe Kadri

Has to be more than that.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Datsun260Z

Luongo, Raymond and 3rd for Gunnerson, Bozak and Colburn.

Z

Old
01-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Almighty

I seriously hope these rumors are true and that the trade will be done as soon as possible. I can't take it anymore

Old
01-09-2013, 08:15 AM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
He's turning 34 this season and has a pretty rough contract. That would be a reasonable return.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Beezeral

Quote:

Florida was only interested because luongo was interested. Tallon had no interest in sending Vancouver valuable assets for luongo.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:16 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:

For some reason i highly doubt the Luongo deal is done to Toronto. Im the biggest skeptic of this trade. If Luongo retires at 40 the leafs will have an additional 2m on the cap for 3 years. This (IMO) would drive Burke nuts. I don't feel that Vancouver needs to make this deal right now. Why not wait until the end of the season? With Kesler down, wouldn't a fantastic goalie tandem help the team more then Bozak? Also there is always the trade deadline. No need to rush this thing, unless of course Toronto is by some miracle giving up a kings ransom.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:17 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
I wouldn't think so.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:18 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Burke said they didn't acquire the rights to Vokun because he wanted a multi-year deal to sign in TO; something the leafs didn't want to do.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
Well for one thing, it can't be announced tomorrow since NHLPA hasn't voted yet.
This.

Earliest it could be announced is Saturday morning.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:21 AM
HawkeyLife07

Luongo for Frattin, Ashton, 2nd.

I have no idea....

Old
01-09-2013, 08:21 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasybaseballchamp View Post
He's turning 34 this season and has a pretty rough contract. That would be a reasonable return.
I don't know what is reasonable, I know it isn't reasonable for the Leafs to take on that contract.

I see it going one of two ways, either the Leafs get Luongo for pratically nothing(ie Bozak) or they pay a good price but Vancouver takes on part of the contract.

My personal opinion is that it is a mistake for the Leafs to acquire Luongo at all.

Closed Thread