HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: Is the light getting brighter?

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
Undoubtedly.

The question is will they want to?

Florida's current state of goaltending is much more stable than Toronto's.
My thoughts exactly. If these "rumours" hold any water, it shows the FLA has zero interest. If they did, the Leafs offer would have to be outstanding. Otherwise, Luongo would be FLA bound.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:50 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
Curious to see what the Leafs are offering. The Panthers can easily beat all of the Leaf fans guesses in this thread.
Do they want to beat that, is the question though.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:50 AM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
Well if this guy never said anything about Luongo on the radio, that would make it a fake rumour lol
I understand what you're trying to say.. but, a rumour cannot be confirmed real or fake. A rumour is a statement made that remains to be seen if true or not.

For example, there is a rumour going around that this guy said that there's a rumour Luongo is going to get dealt to the Leafs by tomorrow etc.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Roboholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
I hear ya. It drives me nuts when people try to re-define words.
The only reason I'm skeptical is because no one else on this fourm heard it apparently?

And the OP (no offense OP) changed the thread title from "Tomorrow" to "W-E"(Weekend) and then changed it back to "Tomorrow".

Lol, I just want to know what Elliot Price actually said.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:51 AM
hersky77

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Luongo is better than Price and Miller. I don't know how you can justify anything otherwise considering his production has consistently been better.

I never said Luongo was bad goalie, my opinion is my opinion if you don't like it then thats not my problem. Also going from vancouver to toronto is like going from heaven to hell. If you feel luongo had it rough in Vancouver just wait until something goes wrong for him in toronto.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
If the leafs do get luongo he is the thrid best goalie in the division behind price and miller. .
Neat way to put it. Of course, you just just as easily say second worst in the division.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
I never said Luongo was bad goalie, my opinion is my opinion if you don't like it then thats not my problem. Also going from vancouver to toronto is like going from heaven to hell. If you feel luongo had it rough in Vancouver just wait until something goes wrong for him in toronto.
I disagree with this viewpoint. Vancouver is ten fold worse on their goaltenders from a fans viewpoint. Toronto is worse in regards to media IMO, but the fans in Toronto seem to be harsh on coaching and management more than players.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Luongo is better than Price and Miller.
No, he is not. Not at this stage of his career.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:55 AM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo96 View Post
I understand what you're trying to say.. but, a rumour cannot be confirmed real or fake. A rumour is a statement made that remains to be seen if true or not.

For example, there is a rumour going around that this guy said that there's a rumour Luongo is going to get dealt to the Leafs by tomorrow etc.
Honestly, this makes no sense, nor do I even care, just want to know if this Elliott guy actually said this.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Halibut

Quote:

Awesome! So we're down to arguing about rumours of rumours. Hopefully Luongo never gets traded, where else can we find this level of lunacy!

Old
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
I never said Luongo was bad goalie, my opinion is my opinion if you don't like it then thats not my problem. .
Unfortunatley for you, your opionion can be undermined with actual facts. That's how you usually lose arguments and look foolish. When one party presents opinions and the other party presents facts.

Old
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Talking about "real" rumours vs "fake" rumours is hilarious. We do know what a rumour actually is... right?
You know the difference between a rumour and just making **** up, right?

Old
01-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
Neat way to put it. Of course, you just just as easily say second worst in the division.
Price of 3 years ago, and Miller of last year can easily happen which would make Luongo the best goaltender in the division.

That being said, he could also be the worst if Rask and Anderson have a big year. But I doubt it seeing as Carlyle is going to jam up the hashmarks and try to lower the GA even at the cost of GF.

That being said, I'm really hoping Luongo goes to the Leafs because it makes the division that much more interesting and I'm all for exciting games!

Old
01-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
a) I don't think it will actually happen.
b) If it does, Gardiner + 2nd for Luongo

I think Luongo is going to get a big return

Old
01-09-2013, 09:59 AM
hyduK

I guess it's as good a year as any to get him. 48 games means he can play the bulk and (if he plays well) theoretically have more of an impact than he would in an 82 game season.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Or Kulemin + Kadri + Bozak makes a lot of sense.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by intylerwetrust View Post
Im thinking Bozak and/or maybe Kadri
Hopefully not Bozak. With the lack of NHL center talent the leafs currently have, we need are "#1" center. The trade would fill our goalie needs clearly, but would widen the hole at center.

If he does go hopefully Burke has something lined up that brings in a 1C.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Luongo is a good goalie, but garddang that contract is loooooong. Acquiring Lou pretty much means goodbye Reimer. Burke would totally be giving up on the kid. BB would be wiser to acquire a vet on a short term deal. Let Reimer observe.
What vet would the acquire that would keep him from being fired? Easy to say they should get someone else. The question is who is that magical nameless keeper

Old
01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Luongo is better than Price and Miller. I don't know how you can justify anything otherwise considering his production has consistently been better.
Quote:
No, he is not. Not at this stage of his career.
Hm. At šthis stageš of all 3 of their careers, on, say, a 2-year deal IŽd go with Roberto. I donŽt like Carey or RyanŽs playoff history.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Or Kulemin + Kadri + Bozak makes a lot of sense.
Not Kulie

Old
01-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
I am gonna go with Connolly + Frattin + 2nd round pick for Luongo as trade

Old
01-09-2013, 10:06 AM
hersky77

Quote:
no because their are rask and anderson behind him. He can easily overtake miller for number two, but i believe that if luongo comes to the northeast price is still the better goalie.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Fogelhund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboholic View Post
The only reason I'm skeptical is because no one else on this fourm heard it apparently?

And the OP (no offense OP) changed the thread title from "Tomorrow" to "W-E"(Weekend) and then changed it back to "Tomorrow".

Lol, I just want to know what Elliot Price actually said.
I didn't hear Elliot Price, but I have heard Millard and a couple of the other talking heads suggest a deal would be done as soon as possible. Really, Price repeating what others have said already doesn't add legitimacy. We all know it is a rumour, whether it comes true.... until then, enjoy the lunacy.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Hm. At šthis stageš of all 3 of their careers, on, say, a 2-year deal IŽd go with Roberto. I donŽt like Carey or RyanŽs playoff history.
Price was unbelievable in the first series vs. Boston in their cup run. If not for Thomas' insanity Boston would have been out in 4. I can understand where you're coming from but stats don't always tell the entire story, as Carey has been excellent in playoff games.

Also Price played 2 AHL regular season games then went on to win the MVP in the calder playoffs.

Off topic on the Price thing, but Luongo has the chops and experience to be the best goalie in the division without a doubt in my mind.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I am gonna go with Connolly + Frattin + 2nd round pick for Luongo as trade
I will be so happy is that happens.

Connolly = 0 Value to Toronto
Frattin = Potential Fringe 2nd/3rd line prospect
2nd Round Pick