HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Talk: The Final Countdown...?

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 11:13 AM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon View Post
The Key is the 1st round pick, everything else is meh.

we need a 1st back from TO.
It'd be a good key if we had good scouts.

I'll just shake my head if its Kadri+Bozak+1st.

Bozak will leave this summer, Kadri won't make the team next year so some crappy team will take him off waivers, and our pick will bust (we'll probably draft a 20 year old from the Q).

In 6 months we might have a decent if not mediocre prospect for a franchise goalie, to me that makes me sad.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
How do leaf fans feel on including Grabovski in the deal. I realize their center depth is pretty thin, but I think a Luo for Grabovski + 2nd deal would be fair?
Value wise it's fine. But in reality, our center depth is not "thin", it's non-existant. Can't deal Grabo.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:16 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Value wise it's fine. But in reality, our center depth is not "thin", it's non-existant. Can't deal Grabo.
......but you can deal Bozak?

Something isn't computing with me here.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I find it funny how they complain that their center depth is "thin", yet they are all too eager to pawn off Tyler Bozak...a guy who could be considered they're #1 center.
None of us consider Bozak "A" number 1 center even though he is "our" number 1 center.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Pseudonymous

its so hard not to get mad when reading tweets from leafs fans. lol

abdullah ‏@MyBlinkDays
Im now torn about the luongo rumors. Its good because our team will be better, but its not fair to reimer. I think Reimer is just as good

Old
01-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
......but you can deal Bozak?

Something isn't computing with me here.
Let me clear it up for you. Grabo is a much better player than Bozak. Now before the old "the how come he's your 2C" stuff comes, Bozak works better on the Kessel line, Grabo has great chemestry with Kuli/Mac.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:24 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Let me clear it up for you. Grabo is a much better player than Bozak. Now before the old "the how come he's your 2C" stuff comes, Bozak works better on the Kessel line, Grabo has great chemestry with Kuli/Mac.
But you're suggesting Grabo can't move because of the lack of center depth, but Bozak can....

Basically, what you're really trying to say is, Bozak sucks, so we have no problem moving him for a franchise goalie. A valuable piece like Grabo is too much to give for a franchise goalie, we want him for peanuts. That's the gist of it.

I can rate players just fine, I know Grabo is your best center, it's why I think the Canucks should be targetting him (other than his inflated salary), not a player who would end up on the 3rd line (and whose production would plummet without Kessel and Lupul and no PP time).

Old
01-09-2013, 11:30 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Taking a brief glimpse around the boards, I don't see anyone saying they heard this on the radio themselves. Everyone is saying "apparently, person X said on 960..."

So who has actually heard this claim?
There was nothing on the Maple Leafs fan board (not HF) earlier this morning, after some fan on HF posted it here, so I'm now led to believe that it's a false rumour.

01-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
But you're suggesting Grabo can't move because of the lack of center depth, but Bozak can....

Basically, what you're really trying to say is, Bozak sucks, so we have no problem moving him for a franchise goalie. A valuable piece like Grabo is too much to give for a franchise goalie, we want him for peanuts. That's the gist of it.

I can rate players just fine, I know Grabo is your best center, it's why I think the Canucks should be targetting him (other than his inflated salary), not a player who would end up on the 3rd line (and whose production would plummet without Kessel and Lupul and no PP time).
You can put whatever words in my mouth that you'd like. Grabo can't move because he is our best center. I have NEVER said Bozak was a league wide 1C, he can be replaced by Connolly this season.

Why would we improve one area by dealing our best center? We have Reimer if Luongo doesn't end up here, we do not have a replacement for what Grabo brings to our team.

And ya, the Canucks can target whatever they like, i won't get mad if they target Kessel. You shouldn't get mad if i don't want to deal the pieces they are targeting.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Guys, before freaking out, we should ask SamJam if these rumours are true
Now there's a name I had forgotten. That was the big Hodgson-for-Perry bit last year, wasn't it?

It wouldn't surprise me if a deal eventually got done between the Canucks and the Leafs, but I don't think anything's been agreed to yet. The insiders would be mentioning the rumblings on Twitter/Sportscenter/Hockeycentral, etc. There's usually a fair bit of competition to be the "first to break the news".

Plus, if Toronto legitimately had agreed to a deal, you'd have to think Dreger would be rushing to break the scoop.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:39 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
You can put whatever words in my mouth that you'd like. Grabo can't move because he is our best center. I have NEVER said Bozak was a league wide 1C, he can be replaced by Connolly this season.

Why would we improve one area by dealing our best center? We have Reimer if Luongo doesn't end up here, we do not have a replacement for what Grabo brings to our team.

And ya, the Canucks can target whatever they like, i won't get mad if they target Kessel. You shouldn't get mad if i don't want to deal the pieces they are targeting.
I shouldn't get mad, but I do.

I should also be smarter than to believe these bogus twitters, but it seems I'm pretty gullible right now too.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:42 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Now there's a name I had forgotten. That was the big Hodgson-for-Perry bit last year, wasn't it?

It wouldn't surprise me if a deal eventually got done between the Canucks and the Leafs, but I don't think anything's been agreed to yet. The insiders would be mentioning the rumblings on Twitter/Sportscenter/Hockeycentral, etc. There's usually a fair bit of competition to be the "first to break the news".

Plus, if Toronto legitimately had agreed to a deal, you'd have to think Dreger would be rushing to break the scoop.
I think a deal is done. But any reporter who reports it right now, with the CBA not being ratified, could be tarred and feathered

Old
01-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Pseudonymous

I keep seeing people say on twitter, that they believe luongo will return to form.. umm was he out of form? do people around the league not realize he didn't have an off year, he was simply outplayed by a goaltender who is younger, cheaper and had the best stats in the nhl the past 2 years

Old
01-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Nuck This

I don't see us taking on both Frattin and Bozak. Where do they fit?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
I don't see us taking on both Frattin and Bozak. Where do they fit?
Yeah it doesn't make sense, we have enough third liners

if we did, maybe another trade with another team?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Reign Nateo

Bozak, Frattin and a 1st is more than fair for Luongo in my opinion. Or replace Frattin with Kardri and make it a 2nd.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Frattin is not a 3rd liner. He's either on a scoring line or nothing. Doesn't have the grit to be a checker. if they're getting him, it's to fill a scoring role, or at least attempt to.

Bozak would be a decent stop gap until Kesler is back, then be a pretty solid 3rd line centre actually, because we have 3rd line wingers, but there is no 3rd line center on this roster.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:

if we did, maybe another trade with another team?
Maybe ship some to florida for Weiss?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Nuck This

Bozak, Gardiner and a first

Old
01-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Frattin is not a 3rd liner. He's either on a scoring line or nothing. Doesn't have the grit to be a checker. if they're getting him, it's to fill a scoring role, or at least attempt to.

Bozak would be a decent stop gap until Kesler is back, then be a pretty solid 3rd line centre actually, because we have 3rd line wingers, but there is no 3rd line center on this roster.
hes 25, drafted 4th round and his recent stats are

56 8 7 15

That guy would be on our third line, he isn't better than our 2nd liners. and doesn't have the grit to be the 4th

why does somebody need to be a checker to be on the third? raymond will be on our 3rd.

I find it hard (extremely) to believe Frattin would be on a scoring line oon the reigning back to back president trophy winners

Old
01-09-2013, 12:01 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
hes 25, drafted 4th round and his recent stats are

56 8 7 15

That guy would be on our third line, he isn't better than our 2nd liners. and doesn't have the grit to be the 4th

why does somebody need to be a checker to be on the third? raymond will be on our 3rd.

I find it hard (extremely) to believe Frattin would be on a scoring line oon the reigning back to back president trophy winners
I have no idea why we would be after him in the first place, unless he was a throw-in that we had to accept. Bozak and Kadri I like, Bozak, Frattin and a 2nd is almost throw up worthy.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
m9

I am warming up to getting Connolly in the deal. Good stopgap #2C and would be a good fit next to Kesler when he comes back. Should have little value, too. Adds some flexibility to our lineup while keeping our cap free going forward. Kadri, Connolly, and a 1st would be a deal I could live with.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I have no idea why we would be after him in the first place, unless he was a throw-in that we had to accept. Bozak and Kadri I like, Bozak, Frattin and a 2nd is almost throw up worthy.
i have no idea either. if thats what we get, i may protest by not watching any canuck hockey this year.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
I am warming up to getting Connolly in the deal. Good stopgap #2C and would be a good fit next to Kesler when he comes back. Should have little value, too. Adds some flexibility to our lineup while keeping our cap free going forward. Kadri, Connolly, and a 1st would be a deal I could live with.
I'd be happy with that. Hes a great player when hes healthy

i haven't watched him in the last year or maybe 2 even, looking at his stats, he sure did regress. wonder if hes lost a step

Last edited by Pseudonymous: 01-09-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old
01-09-2013, 12:06 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Why are people willing to accept garbage for a top 5 goalie??

Closed Thread