2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 06:04 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Kitchener need tougness on the back end. They have too many soft kids back there.

They need a Sefton type defender that will be able to clear the traffic in front of Gibson, and put fear in the opposing players.

If they dont toughen up, it will be all for none. Even their forwards are a bunch of prima donnas. London and OS will run them down.
I would agree outside of Iafrate not much bite on that defence,and Iafrate is too inconsistent,genovese was the toughest one they had

Old
01-09-2013, 08:07 AM
OHLFan8771

Should be interesting to see what the Pete's get for koekoek, sounds like many players are unwilling to report there if traded.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:08 AM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Need him for what? To reach the cap floor?

Strome will not be an impact NHLer as a rookie for me anyways, feel free to disagree.
They need him for his toughness.

He would add some scoring depth. Besides, I'm sure he could outscore Boyes

Old
01-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
They need him for his toughness.

He would add some scoring depth. Besides, I'm sure he could outscore Boyes
The decision does not boil down to whether he will be an impact NHLer as a rookie, the decision is based on where the pro club believes he will develop the best. Based on his stats to date, it would appear he is best served moving to the next level....

Old
01-09-2013, 08:17 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Should be interesting to see what the Pete's get for koekoek, sounds like many players are unwilling to report there if traded.
There is a player or two Bassin should go after...Koekoe and Quine to play with those kids.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:34 AM
OHLFan8771

I agree that koekoek would help the team a lot. Send stephen harper the other way and picks on both sides to balance it out. Or Bassin should look at deangelo or sefton. Standing pat is a mistake for this team.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:37 AM
spits16
Rookie User

Warren Rychel is saying he is looking to add a defenceman and one that will be back next year. Any ideas who that could be??

Old
01-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits16 View Post
Warren Rychel is saying he is looking to add a defenceman and one that will be back next year. Any ideas who that could be??
Maybe Koekkoek??

Old
01-09-2013, 09:01 AM
RangerFan14

What will the rangers do next??????

Old
01-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
Maybe Koekkoek??
I don't think the Spits have the players/picks to get it done. Best offer could be Bateman ('95 first rounder who's struggled here) and a whackload of second rounders in 2014 (we have four of 'em but none in 2013).

Petes reportedly are targeting a '96 first rounder, and the Spits are not trading Josh Ho-Sang. And they also want picks from this years draft. However the picks would have to be conditional, and you wouldn't know if Slater is coming back until after pro camps next year, so 2014 conditional picks make more sense. You'd have to pay his rental cost this year, and then use conditional picks to pay for his potential return next season.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:10 AM
GoLeafsGo96

Looks like the deal I was told about fell through lol.

Can tell you guys Plymouth has quite a bit of interest in Quine. Tried to get Trochek, didn't work.

Heard isn't getting dealt, FWIW.

Edit: Zach Bratina will be offered to the Petes. From Lindsay, ONT. 16 Years old, 1st rounder.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:12 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I don't think the Spits have the players/picks to get it done. Best offer could be Bateman ('95 first rounder who's struggled here) and a whackload of second rounders in 2014 (we have four of 'em but none in 2013).

Petes reportedly are targeting a '96 first rounder, and the Spits are not trading Josh Ho-Sang. And they also want picks from this years draft. However the picks would have to be conditional, and you wouldn't know if Slater is coming back until after pro camps next year, so 2014 conditional picks make more sense. You'd have to pay his rental cost this year, and then use conditional picks to pay for his potential return next season.
Yeah I agree getting Koekkoek would be tough,I might take a chance on Clarke
Seymour-93 born tough good size 0/A possibilities,cost would not be expensive

Old
01-09-2013, 09:19 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
The decision does not boil down to whether he will be an impact NHLer as a rookie, the decision is based on where the pro club believes he will develop the best. Based on his stats to date, it would appear he is best served moving to the next level....
The next level is the AHL, I don't believe for a second Strome is ready to contribute in a top 6 or bottom 6 role at the NHL level.

If you want him to be a top 6 center in the long run, playing 5 minutes a night in the show isn't going to help his development imo.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
The next level is the AHL, I don't believe for a second Strome is ready to contribute in a top 6 or bottom 6 role at the NHL level.

If you want him to be a top 6 center in the long run, playing 5 minutes a night in the show isn't going to help his development imo.
As you know he can't be assigned to the AHL; it is NHL or junior. It boils down to whether, once again, the Islanders believe he is better off playing and practicing against men rather than boys.

Clearly you are biased in favour of him continuing to play junior. Ultimately, the NHL team that holds his rights will determine what is best in terms of progressing their asset. It certainly didn't hurt Nugent-Hopkins, did it?

Old
01-09-2013, 09:27 AM
ottsabrefan

Quote:

Worked for Joe Thornton. It might be a good stepping stone this year. He doesn't have anything to prove in the O. I think he would help the Isles this year as well. He'll get his 5 games for sure.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:28 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
As you know he can't be assigned to the AHL; it is NHL or junior. It boils down to whether, once again, the Islanders believe he is better off playing and practicing against men rather than boys.

Clearly you are biased in favour of him continuing to play junior. Ultimately, the NHL team that holds his rights will determine what is best in terms of progressing their asset. It certainly didn't hurt Nugent-Hopkins, did it?
I'll just leave it at that, as I'm looking to track trade rumours....but, Nugent-Hopkins is more of an exception than the rule, I'd say it hurts more players than it helps, but whatever....

...I believe if Strome is kept up with the Isles, its so they can get to the cap floor, not because it would be best for his development.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Ottomatic

Islanders kept Bailey as an 18 yr old and he had zero business being in the show at that age.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:44 AM
spits16
Rookie User

I agree the Petes defenceman would cost too much. I was kind of thinking the Spits might make an offer for Sefton??

Old
01-09-2013, 09:47 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits16 View Post
I agree the Petes defenceman would cost too much. I was kind of thinking the Spits might make an offer for Sefton??
They probably have or will,ie Bateman and conditional 2nd rders though I feel Bateman will invoke his no trade clause here
The rumor is/was that Bateman and Maletta would only go to GTA based teams if
moved

Old
01-09-2013, 10:36 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
Worked for Joe Thornton. It might be a good stepping stone this year. He doesn't have anything to prove in the O. I think he would help the Isles this year as well. He'll get his 5 games for sure.
Ryan Strome is not pro ready...no way, no how sorry. He didn't even dominate WJC with kids around him. Got pushed off puck far too often far too easy.

Guarantee is is back in Jumior after 1'or 2 games...maybe right after camp starts.

He is simply not nearly physical or polished enough for pro.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:43 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Ryan Strome is not pro ready...no way, no how sorry. He didn't even dominate WJC with kids around him. Got pushed off puck far too often far too easy.

Guarantee is is back in Jumior after 1'or 2 games...maybe right after camp starts.

That's what they said about Nugent-Hopkins

Old
01-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
That's what they said about Nugent-Hopkins
Watched Stromer in the summer in Mississauga while he played with other pro's on a line with Tavares and they were magic. Stranger things have happened, but no-one knows what the Islanders will decide, needless to say they are not the easiest organization to predict.....

Old
01-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post

He does dominate in the OHL.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:58 AM
SimonKnightsman

Ok I just think he needs more time here. And yes the Isle do some strange things...Charlie's Wang time.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:03 AM
NHL Fanatic

Younger players are able to handle the heavy demand of lots of games during a short time frame. On another note look at Seguin for example, how many game did Boston scratch him. It changes on a team to team basis. If Strome goes to Isles camp and has a strong one, he's not coming back.

Closed Thread