11-18-2012, 12:54 PM
romelson

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
From his profile.

"NHL Prospects writer for Hockey Prospectus and ESPN. I'm also sarcastic"

Maybe he was sarcastic? I think Arvidsson is too small to get draft.
I doubt he was sarcastic on Arvidsson and I think Pronman is well aware of his size, which is about the same size as Mattias Tedenby, and Arvidsson has some growing still to do.
Arvidsson getting drafted definately could happen. He's had a great first season playing against men in SEL.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 04:15 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Central Scoutings november ranking

Swedish skaters

1) Elias Lindholm, c, Brynäs
2) André Burakovsky, fw, Malmö
3) Jacob de la Rose, c/fw, Leksand
4) Robert Hägg, b, Modo
5) Alexander Wennberg, c/fw, Djurgården
6) Linus Arnesson, b, Djurgården
7) Lucas Wallmark, c, Skellefteå
8) Wilhelm Westlund, b, Färjestad
9) Tommy Stenqvist, b, Timrå
10) Anton Cederholm, b, Rögle
11) Viktor Crus Rydberg, c, Linköping
12) Alexander Henriksson, fw, Färjestad
13) Carl Dahlström, b, Linköping
14) Victor Öhman, c, Modo
15) Jesper Pettersson, b, Linköping
16) Fabian Gunnarsson, c, Modo
17) Rasmus Fyrpihl, fw, Örebro
18) Edgars Klavins, fw, AIK
19) Emil Djuse, b, Södertälje
20) Gustav Possler, fw, Modo
21) Tobias Liljendahl, fw, Djurgården
22) Leon Bristedt, c/fw, Linköping
23) Niklas Hansson, b, Rögle
24) Andreas Borgman, b, Timrå
25) Amil Krupic, b, Rögle
26) Viktor Arvidsson, fw, Skellefteå
27) Axel Eidstedt, b, HV71
28) Mattias Janmark Nylén, fw, AIK
29) Jeremy Boyce, c, Timrå
30) Dean Kukan, b, Luleå
31) Mads Eller, fw, Frölunda

Goaltenders:
1) Ebbe Siönäs, AIK
2) Marcus Högberg, Linköping
3) Joel Lassinantti, Almtuna

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:08 AM
joe89

Looking at this list, it feels like we'll have another 20+ players drafted. There are some really good players beyond the top20 of this ranking. Fairly deep class at the top, too. Somewhere in the middle as a whole compared to recent draft classes I'd say.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 06:03 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Craigs List december 4:

5. Elias Lindholm
25. Alexander Wennberg
31. Robert Hägg
39. Andre Burakovsky
45. Jacob de la Rose
55. Linus Arnesson
56. Nick Sörensen
57. Willhelm Westlund
58. Niklas Hansson

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 06:29 AM
B Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Craigs List december 4:

5. Elias Lindholm
25. Alexander Wennberg
31. Robert Hägg
39. Andre Burakovsky
45. Jacob de la Rose
55. Linus Arnesson
56. Nick Sörensen
57. Willhelm Westlund
58. Niklas Hansson

I think Button is quite pessimistic about the Swedes this year. I think at least 1-2 of Hägg, Burakovsky, De La Rose and Sörensen will make the first round. Would be fun to know where he has VCR and Krupic ranked.

B Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:39 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
I think Button is quite pessimistic about the Swedes this year. I think at least 1-2 of Hägg, Burakovsky, De La Rose and Sörensen will make the first round. Would be fun to know where he has VCR and Krupic ranked.
He started out with Burra and DLR in the top10 though.

Burra has some things to prove I'd say, it's up in the air how much men's hockey he will play the rest of the season though and that will affect his high draft chances. His situation is Collberg-ish. DLR got a bigger role with Forsberg out and has started to produce offense. I don't think 30 teams pass over on that power game. I hope he can keep getting better icetime with Forsberg back. Hägg is kinda either or for me. Sörensen I have no idea, I think a strong WJC could really help him.

Rögle fired Preissing and Strbak today, so barring new additions that will present a big chance for Cederholm, Hansson and maybe Krupic too. I'm still high on Krupic over the other two, but he's a little younger and has had a limited showing.

I'm only hearing good things about VCR, he's a smart player that I think will have no problems translating his game to men. I think he could be a new William Karlsson.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
He started out with Burra and DLR in the top10 though.
I believe that was Bob McKenzie's rankings.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:50 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
I believe that was Bob McKenzie's rankings.
Yeah, you're right. My fault.

Btw, I can't blame anyone who ranks Wennberg ahead of Burakovsky and De la Rose. It's justified at this point.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:18 AM
B Boarding

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. My fault.

Btw, I can't blame anyone who ranks Wennberg ahead of Burakovsky and De la Rose. It's justified at this point.
I think it's probably justified as well. I've seen a few games live with Wennberg and outside of Landeskog, I think Wennberg might have been the best forward overall. Off topic but, Åberg has had good games whenever I have watched, so I guess I must've picked the right games...

B Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:51 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
I think it's probably justified as well. I've seen a few games live with Wennberg and outside of Landeskog, I think Wennberg might have been the best forward overall. Off topic but, Åberg has had good games whenever I have watched, so I guess I must've picked the right games...
Åberg has been given a ton of chances, first unit PP and big minutes. I've not watched as many games lately but Challe gave him every opportunity to be a top line player. Unfortunately he hasn't looked very confident and 0 PPG's with that shot says it all. Just hasn't been an effective men's player. Wennberg's got some size advantage on him and I like his two-way game aswell. I feel like Wennberg's been going to the dirty areas a little better of the two and that is showing on the scoresheet.

Old
12-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Hockeyfrilla

ISS December:

#6 Lindholm
#14 Burakovsky
#17 Hägg
#20 de la Rose

Old
12-30-2012, 05:52 AM
thefeebster

Quote:
Åberg has been given a ton of chances, first unit PP and big minutes. I've not watched as many games lately but Challe gave him every opportunity to be a top line player. Unfortunately he hasn't looked very confident and 0 PPG's with that shot says it all. Just hasn't been an effective men's player. Wennberg's got some size advantage on him and I like his two-way game aswell. I feel like Wennberg's been going to the dirty areas a little better of the two and that is showing on the scoresheet.
Glad to know i wasn't seeing things. I've watched almost all of the games for Djurgarden this season so far (thanks to their youtube channel) and i'd have to say that's what i see so far. Landeskog is head and shoulders above any player on that team.

Aberg was gifted a spot on the top PP from the beginning of the season and beyond his shot from the point, he does not really add anything to that PP. Aberg has some good games, but also has many where he doesn't do much either. Wennberg got put on the PP around the 12th game of the season and i think he's created a lot more opportunities. He has good passing vision, can skate the puck out of trouble, and fights along the walls. Wennberg is fairly creative, but i think more importantly, he is a smart player. He might be a good height, but he needs to add some strength. He falls down a fair bit, but also tends to draw a lot of penalties because of this.

On another note, i've been impressed with Adam Reideborn in the few games he's played. Does anyone think he'll get some NHL interest?

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:03 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Glad to know i wasn't seeing things. I've watched almost all of the games for Djurgarden this season so far (thanks to their youtube channel) and i'd have to say that's what i see so far. Landeskog is head and shoulders above any player on that team.

Aberg was gifted a spot on the top PP from the beginning of the season and beyond his shot from the point, he does not really add anything to that PP. Aberg has some good games, but also has many where he doesn't do much either. Wennberg got put on the PP around the 12th game of the season and i think he's created a lot more opportunities. He has good passing vision, can skate the puck out of trouble, and fights along the walls. Wennberg is fairly creative, but i think more importantly, he is a smart player. He might be a good height, but he needs to add some strength. He falls down a fair bit, but also tends to draw a lot of penalties because of this.

On another note, i've been impressed with Adam Reideborn in the few games he's played. Does anyone think he'll get some NHL interest?
Landeskog is now long gone, but yeah he was leading the team until early December. Åberg has picked it up a bit lately with the NHLers leaving the team and with Wennberg gone to play the World Juniors. Still struggles to score goals, though.

Wennberg has the slippery skating and good reach, some Swedes have called it Russian-like and I agree. He's also been one of the better forwards at the WJC. I'm still agreeing with Button who has Wennberg over both Burakovsky(will he keep falling and falling?) and de la Rose. de la Rose's offensive potential just doesn't compare to someone like Wennberg and Burakovsky is not having an all-around good season. Right now Burakovsky is playing an U18-tournament instead of with the men's team..

Old
12-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Hockeyfrilla

the U18's will be huge for Burakovsky

He looked pretty good at U20 tourney in Sundsvall i think.

----

Emil Djuse must be on the radar now?

Old
12-30-2012, 03:02 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Landeskog is now long gone, but yeah he was leading the team until early December. Åberg has picked it up a bit lately with the NHLers leaving the team and with Wennberg gone to play the World Juniors. Still struggles to score goals, though.
Opps, didn't know that. I am on the 25th game of the season. That's a shame he is gone. He probably did everything for that team but play as a goalie.

Quote:
Wennberg has the slippery skating and good reach, some Swedes have called it Russian-like and I agree. He's also been one of the better forwards at the WJC. I'm still agreeing with Button who has Wennberg over both Burakovsky(will he keep falling and falling?) and de la Rose. de la Rose's offensive potential just doesn't compare to someone like Wennberg and Burakovsky is not having an all-around good season. Right now Burakovsky is playing an U18-tournament instead of with the men's team..
Of the Malmo games vs Djurgarden, Burakovsky played very little. Is it because of the coach or just his play has been poor? He looks bigger than 6'1" and can skate well. But I didn't see much that would say he should be in the top 15 or top 30 of this draft. Do you agree?

Old
12-30-2012, 03:31 PM
KRM

I'm not that high on Burakovsky, but if it's true that he signed with Frölunda for 13/14 maybe he would be better of leaving Malmö right away and play SuperElit top 10 with Frölunda. Probably better for his long term development and draft stock, playing for a top junior team rather than juniors for Malmö in the continuation series or as a bench warmer in Allsvenskan. If he's really gone from Malmö I bet they rather use youngsters who intend to stay with them next season.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:03 PM
joe89

Quote:
Opps, didn't know that. I am on the 25th game of the season. That's a shame he is gone. He probably did everything for that team but play as a goalie.

Of the Malmo games vs Djurgarden, Burakovsky played very little. Is it because of the coach or just his play has been poor? He looks bigger than 6'1" and can skate well. But I didn't see much that would say he should be in the top 15 or top 30 of this draft. Do you agree?
He's not been getting a lot of trust, but he still could've looked better with what he's got. Fringe top30. Talent yes, still some questionmarks. Speaking as a Detroit fan, he's something we would pick(high upside, fair bit of risk) after falling from his initial projection.

Rasmus Andersson, a late -96 is getting a lot of ice time on the same team so it's not like you can point and say they don't let the kids play.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Hockeyfrilla

NHL teams now have 4 years to sign swedish draft picks. (instead of 2 as earlier)

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...-stanna-langre

Old
01-08-2013, 04:54 PM
thefeebster

That's great news.

Just wondering what you guys thought of Sandberg and Arvidsson at the WJC. I thought they were very impressive; played with so much energy, it was hard not to notice whenever they were on the ice, and did not back down from competition. I know they are smaller guys and it'll hurt them a bit, but do you think they will generate some draft interest this year, perhaps in the late rounds? And whom would you prefer?

Old
01-08-2013, 05:05 PM
joe89

Quote:
That's great news.

Just wondering what you guys thought of Sandberg and Arvidsson at the WJC. I thought they were very impressive; played with so much energy, it was hard not to notice whenever they were on the ice, and did not back down from competition. I know they are smaller guys and it'll hurt them a bit, but do you think they will generate some draft interest this year, perhaps in the late rounds? And whom would you prefer?
I think both have a good chance of getting selected. Sandberg is probably the sligthly better defensive player(and good at faceoffs), but let's be honest these guys will make it as top6 players or not make it at all. I'd lean towards Arvidsson, I think he's a little more straight-forward and could have a bigger chance to succeed in North America.

Old
01-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Huffman

Quote:
That's great news.

Very hard to say, Erik Thorell who is a small guy similar to both Arvidsson and Sandberg had a great tournament last year but was still passed over in the draft.

I think Arvidsson will be drafted in the later rounds. Yes, he is small but he stands out too much in junior competition not to be drafted. I also recall a scout in the U20 tournament in Sundsvall saying he would be picked in the draft.

I think Sandberg is one of those small players that could be very successful in Europe on bigger ice but I'm not sure if he'll get drafted this year, maybe if he has a great season next year. He has not really established himself as a regular SEL player yet.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Simon Fredriksson -93 big dman played some games with Färjestad now..

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33361

any info about him?

Old
01-09-2013, 05:24 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Jesper Pettersson deserves more hype.

Averaged about 8.6 min / game in 14 matches, 1 goal and 2 assists. At nearly two hours of playing time, he has still not been noted for any baklängesmål.

Just hope he does not become stunted in the physical game by the injury, has been a joy to watch him play so big and physical in the ES.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Jesper Pettersson deserves more hype.

Averaged about 8.6 min / game in 14 matches, 1 goal and 2 assists. At nearly two hours of playing time, he has still not been noted for any baklängesmål.

Just hope he does not become stunted in the physical game by the injury, has been a joy to watch him play so big and physical in the ES.
But how does his 5'8 physical style cope with North America? He can move the puck, but he doesn't have high-end offense. How many NHL teams draft a guy that small for his defense? Not nitpicking on you, just trying to find the reasoning behind drafting someone like him as an overager.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:56 AM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
But how does his 5'8 physical style cope with North America? He can move the puck, but he doesn't have high-end offense. How many NHL teams draft a guy that small for his defense? Not nitpicking on you, just trying to find the reasoning behind drafting someone like him as an overager.
Is he really 5'08''? He is listed as 180 cm on Linköpings homepage which is 5'11.

If I where a GM I would take a chance on Arvidsson in one of the late rounds, he got stand out qualities with his speed, shot and fearless style. A longshot that can pan out. Sandberg has probably less chance to get drafted, fantastic player, but not your typical NHL-prospect.

Last edited by cheerupmurray: 01-09-2013 at 12:04 PM.
cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote